Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Shin no Nakama ja Nai to Yuusha no Party wo Oidasareta node, Henkyou de Slow Life suru Koto ni Shimashita 2nd Episode 7 Discussion

Banished from the Hero's Party, I Decided to Live a Quiet Life in the Countryside (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 18, 6:51 AM

Dec 2021
At last things are finally starting to kick off.

Tisse learns that, after observing Van, she notices that he's different from Ruti when she was a hero because of his emotions. Meanwhile, Red, Ruti, and Rit, spending their vacation in the village of Saint Durant, receive reports of sightings of the Ogre King who once attacked this village. When Red and their companions take on the role of patrolling, they find that the situation is more serious than they anticipated. They discover that not only do they have blessings, but they can also use magic. After defeating them, the gang heads back to the vacation home.

Lmao... Ruti showing off her skills against leaves, and Rit... basically telling Red she wants to have kids. For a moment there, I thought Van was going to go full Goblin Slayer and just take out that goblin completely. Glad he didn't. At least he has some kindness in him, I guess. But you know who's somehow more annoying than Van? His fairy. Seriously, bro, lay off sucking up to him 24/7. Give it a rest. Either Tisse was rehearsing this excuse or she's just a major fan of that hot spring. LOL. Also, some good Ruti and Rit fan service.

Let's hope Tisse stays safe. And if she doesn't, well, Ruti will come to the rescue.

Feb 18, 7:39 AM
Sep 2015
Even if this episode still move at relaxing place, I can smell the uneasiness feeling in the air.
Feb 18, 7:45 AM

Apr 2021
Van has such an extreme and strict opinion on blessings and how everybody should live accordingly. And because he is so incredible sure of his truth, everybody who thinks otherwise or dares to deviate from his interpretation of living could be considered an enemy. Which makes him an dangerous man.

But it was hinted at by Yarandrala that Van is maybe not the actual enemy. The way Van talks feels kinda like as if he was brainwashed and manipulated by someone. That annoying fairy by his side is acting pretty sus in that regard.

I'm worried about Tisse because I started to really like her.
Feb 18, 8:30 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Nature is indeed a powerful force that we humans don't care enough about. Cute seeing the trio watch over the kids practice. Kinda glad that Van didn't kill the goblin kid though. The Ogre kings sure were rather curious in that they felt like artifical creations than natural ones. Nice cover that Tisse created to get past Levender though. Still im quite curious to see if Van does go off the rails and attack Tisse and force Ruti along with Red and Rit to defend her. That's bound to be an interesting fight.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 18, 9:31 AM
Jan 2009
3 minutes in "even children need to fight to raise their blessing levels." (context, they're training)

Does this mean you CAN raise your level without killing? I thought that was part of the sort of dark underside of this anime.
Feb 18, 10:47 AM
Feb 2015
Lol things were going well until Van was like Imma change the mindsets of everyone like sheesh, no self-awareness huh the lil brat
I just noticed something funny, Van keeps talking about this Lord Demis and then I was like, bruh if you add a certain letter at the end of his name..........Demise 😳

Also lol on Red's lot getting 3-days worth of curry even tho they had curry in the previous episode too 😂
It may be new to their palate but hopefully they don't get bored of it that quickly after having it too often

Ruti saying what she did at the end, honestly feel like something will happen to Tisse, I hope not tho she good girl :')
Feb 18, 10:47 AM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
So Van can actually interact with another person if they’re a kid without a blessing, and it thankfully didn’t go sour but the little talk he had with the kids did cause him to create a new scary goal of changing the way people think in Zoltan, I don’t know how he plans to do that tho and that’s why I think it’s scary lol. And now I just hope Tisse helping Van doesn’t backfire either, she’s stepped right into the lion’s den now, her hot spring cover story was funny tho lol.

And on Red, Rit and Ruti’s side of things there seems to be a conspiracy in regards to monsters having multiple blessings, before it was that gem beast and now it’s these ogres, it’s interesting stuff but I’m wondering if it will eventually have any correlation with Van or if it’s another thing entirely. And the little fight scene there was decent, it could’ve looked better but I’m hoping they’re just saving budget for whatever stuff comes later. And lastly we got a hot bath scene with Rit and Ruti, and it occurred to me here thanks to the comments on crunch that we’ve had quite a bit of bath scenes this season lol, not that I’m complaining.
Feb 18, 11:18 AM
Jan 2009
It's taken me a while to figure out, but I have it now. Van reminds me of Homelander from The Boys. A super powerful psychopath who you spend the entire time tensed up, waiting for him to snap and kill people.
Feb 18, 12:45 PM

Apr 2022
It's a dumb complaint, but it's one of my pet peeves so I can't help it

Why do people keep drawing moons like that?!
Feb 18, 4:20 PM

Jul 2022
Reply to amf85
It's taken me a while to figure out, but I have it now. Van reminds me of Homelander from The Boys. A super powerful psychopath who you spend the entire time tensed up, waiting for him to snap and kill people.
@amf85 - Very good comparison.
Feb 18, 5:13 PM

Sep 2020
Reply to amf85
3 minutes in "even children need to fight to raise their blessing levels." (context, they're training)

Does this mean you CAN raise your level without killing? I thought that was part of the sort of dark underside of this anime.
@amf85
I thought the kids were just refining their spearmanship in order to avoid any sort of screwups during their future battles against monsters and the like.
Feb 18, 6:48 PM

Feb 2016
Tisse being the best character as always lol
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.
Feb 19, 12:05 AM

Aug 2019
I'm tired of the bathing fan service in this anime.
Feb 19, 6:14 PM

Feb 2011
fantastic bath scene, i hope ruti hops in with red at some point too LoL

Wish she'd also be up front with Rit about how she also wants a piece of red

decent epsode, i hate the new hero tho

Feb 24, 10:59 AM

Aug 2017
A bath scene every episode, I ain't complaining.

The whole time when the kids were around hero Van I felt an uneasiness, like he's gonna do something bad to them and when Tanta started talking about how he wants to be a carpenter and not living to his blessing I was afraid Van would kill him on the spot. You only wonder what would happen when Van and Ruti meet each other.
Feb 27, 4:44 AM

Oct 2017
It's been a pleasure watching Ruti's character growth. Going from an emotionless hero driven by her blessing to someone who choses what to do with her life herself. We got more bathing scene, noice. What did Yarandrala mean be something more nebulous than Van, is it the fairy? I hope Tisse doesn't get in any trouble but if Van does something to her, Ruti ain't gonna be happy about that.
Mar 3, 12:14 AM

Jul 2017
The people of St. Lauren basically now recognize the trio, though the sighting of an ogre king, and 30 of them in fact who are intelligent enough to scout the village, Red, Rit and Ruti will handle them. Even more so, Tisse's scouting and Yarandrala running the apothecary, ominous feelings have been spotted, which means that they can expect bigger trouble. And Van, after hearing Escarlata's wishes the prior night at the welcoming party, pays the Zoltan church a visit to rid of his innocence and like Ruti, suppress his Blessing to allow communion with the commonfolk children. But when it comes to the Blessing portion, Van goes a little ham, though listening to Tanta's Blessing, he feels like he's not embracing his Blessing enough.

Back to Red and Rit, the ogre king wielding weapons are more unlikely this time, much so with them wielding magic, which meant that they have multiple Blessings. And that only arises to one conclusion: the gem beast, which they faced before. And while Tisse makes a dangerous attempt by being their Guide with her innocence, Ruti wants to give thanks to both Rit and Red for their engagement, something which she hasn't done so.

Let's hope that Tisse would be fine, though Crawly Wawly will help scout between both Tisse and Ruti.
Mar 5, 6:11 AM
Sep 2021
So the hero Van is making his move & has some big plans for zoltan & his people. Meanwhile Red, ruti & rit defeat monsters & protect people of the village while enjoying their vacation.
Apr 9, 8:18 AM
Aug 2023
When Van went off with the children by himself, I was like "Stop him! Don't leave him alone with the kids, he's going to pull an Anakin with the younglings!", and when they ask him why he did it, of course he's going to say "they're like animals! so I slaughtered them like animals!".

I totally though he was going to rip that green kid's head off. I can't tell if the show is playing me like how in S1 they kept tricking the audience into thinking that Ruti was a terrifying monster, but it turned out she wasn't, she was innocently just misunderstood and suffering. I don't want to be wrong about Van though, he's totally past the line already, he's the sort that can't be reasoned with given the crazy stuff he's been saying.
Apr 10, 12:36 AM

Sep 2012
Path scene, Ruti: new front
Rits reaction lol

Apr 21, 4:15 AM

Dec 2020
Reply to Garrett_Dark
When Van went off with the children by himself, I was like "Stop him! Don't leave him alone with the kids, he's going to pull an Anakin with the younglings!", and when they ask him why he did it, of course he's going to say "they're like animals! so I slaughtered them like animals!".

I totally though he was going to rip that green kid's head off. I can't tell if the show is playing me like how in S1 they kept tricking the audience into thinking that Ruti was a terrifying monster, but it turned out she wasn't, she was innocently just misunderstood and suffering. I don't want to be wrong about Van though, he's totally past the line already, he's the sort that can't be reasoned with given the crazy stuff he's been saying.
@Garrett_Dark I was literally thinking the same thing. It was making me nervous and was like he's definitely gonna pull an Anakin haha
May 22, 1:33 AM
Dec 2022
Van arrives in Zoltan. Red and the gang fights off ogre kings which have the ability to use tools and use magic.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shin no Nakama ja Nai to Yuusha no Party wo Oidasareta node, Henkyou de Slow Life suru Koto ni Shimashita 2nd Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 24

44 by SenseiSempai-san »»
May 22, 3:30 AM

Poll: » Shin no Nakama ja Nai to Yuusha no Party wo Oidasareta node, Henkyou de Slow Life suru Koto ni Shimashita 2nd Episode 11 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Mar 17

31 by SenseiSempai-san »»
May 22, 3:01 AM

Poll: » Shin no Nakama ja Nai to Yuusha no Party wo Oidasareta node, Henkyou de Slow Life suru Koto ni Shimashita 2nd Episode 10 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Mar 10

27 by SenseiSempai-san »»
May 22, 2:39 AM

Poll: » Shin no Nakama ja Nai to Yuusha no Party wo Oidasareta node, Henkyou de Slow Life suru Koto ni Shimashita 2nd Episode 9 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Mar 3

24 by SenseiSempai-san »»
May 22, 2:19 AM

Poll: » Shin no Nakama ja Nai to Yuusha no Party wo Oidasareta node, Henkyou de Slow Life suru Koto ni Shimashita 2nd Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Feb 25

53 by SenseiSempai-san »»
May 22, 1:36 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.