Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 17, 9:27 AM

Nov 2011
Kyoutarou and Anna are more conscious of each other than ever now. Priceless.

Looks like Anna went to a karaoke party with her friends. The way Kyoutarou sneaks to see her is almost borderline stalker-like LOL. Again though, I think he's reacting naturally because of his personality. So much feelings flowing around this episode. It's human nature though.
Feb 17, 9:27 AM

May 2020
Well, yeah. I mean after whatever happened last episode, the indirect “confession” sorts of, both Ichikawa and Yamada would not want to see eye to eye for some time, or at least how it should’ve been, until Ichikawa followed Yamada to karaoke, just because he wasn’t quite sure about her accompanying so many male senpais…

… though when those girls brought him inside the room… that was SOOOOO FUCKING AWAKWARD lmaoooooo. Though fun aside, Yamada clearing anything at this point won’t make a speck of difference lol. Her feelings are out in the open, putting a lid over them won’t make Ichikawa believe otherwise. By the way, thumbs up to Hara once again. She’s one of the, if not the best wingwoman in this series.

I loved the double date, but Ichikawa should have seen his surroundings more than once before commenting over the cuteness of someone else’s girl lol. I mean it has its consequences. Yamada glaring over Ichikawa with jealousy would never get old lol. But at the end of the day, we’ll have to give to these boys for not freaking over… at the most important moments during the date.

And hell yeah, he did give her something on white day... a hand bracelet or whatever they say, of all things lol. No pointless freaking over small stuff makes it just too good.

From "Yamada is mine" to "It's so cute I could die", we saw it all in this episode.
Softhenic03Feb 17, 9:35 AM
Feb 17, 9:28 AM

Dec 2021
When it comes to his cool guy persona, he draws the line at karaoke. Lmao.

Ichikawa can't help but wonder about the true meaning behind Yamada's words of I have someone I like. Despite trying to calm his heart, thinking that Yamada might actually like him, he finds it difficult. However, when he hears that Yamada will be attending the basketball team's karaoke party, which also includes boys, he can't help but eavesdrop from the next room, even though he finds it creepy. Then, on another day, Honoka approaches Ichikawa while he's in the library. She invites him, Yamada, Kenta, and herself to go out together on March 14th, also known as White Day.

Of course, no karaoke session would feel complete without them belting out the OP song, if only for a brief moment. It definitely helps with the flow of things. Now, onto the date – started with a rocky start. Poor Ichikawa, Yamada has been longing for a sweet compliment like that since their very first date. I really appreciate how Ichikawa quickly picks up on Yamada's jealousy over his compliment to Hara. He truly embodies one of the best romcom protagonists. His growth throughout the story has been great. I absolutely love how effortlessly enjoyable this story is to watch unfold. The way it subtly reveals things rather than telling them outright makes it so much fun to revisit. There's always something new to discover.

Good job Ichikawa.

Feb 17, 9:52 AM
Aug 2022
Knew that was coming from the last week 🤣.
Ichikawa in karaoke 😂.
Feb 17, 10:13 AM

Apr 2016
In the last week's episode we kinda, sorta got a confession out of these two .. and in today's episode we got a date, a double date on top of that, a natural progression of things as one might expect ..

But they really kept it for like the last second, didn't they.
Feb 17, 10:18 AM

Mar 2019
Amazing episode again, but the double date sequence felt funnier in the manga, somehow?

Guess I just loved that part so much I had too high expectations? I don't know.

Loved how they connected Ichikawa singing into the opening, from "oh god, this is awkward" to "that was so smart".

They are getting closer and closer to each other, and slowly getting more honest with their feelings. Just can't stop smilling, this is so good.
Feb 17, 10:23 AM
Feb 2023
Oh god, this episode is also peak. We blessed with this adaptation
Feb 17, 10:25 AM

Feb 2021
LMAO best OP transition ever XD
This dynamic of them kind of knowing that they like each other, but it not being official yet is amazing. It's not even annoying, at all. Love it.
Oh, the season 1 ED!
This episode had many hilarious moments (I especially loved "You're dead. You're dead. You're dead." and "Yamada's mine!"), but damn, the ending broke me again.
Amazing episode.
Feb 17, 10:33 AM

Mar 2021
Amazing episode poor Ichikawa having to sing Karaoke in front of people. The scene at the end with Ichikawa and Yamada was just beautiful.
Feb 17, 10:39 AM

Jul 2011
Hara in this episode wasn't a wingman, she was a whole plane.

Jealous Yamada's faces.

Kanzaki is trying but had just half success. The guy confessed, but still not dating.

I feel a lot of progress was made.

A t-shirt with just "Butter" written, is very japanese fashion.
Feb 17, 10:40 AM

Aug 2017
Kanzaki means well but man sometimes he says things unintentionally funny and clumsy, that part where Ichikawa told him to accept that Hara wanting to change herself is a good thing, was needed. But seriously I already thought those two were going out, was surprised as well to see them still not.

That whole moment from when the ending song played to Ichikawa giving her the cake and bracelet was beautiful, I was really thinking this is the moment..
Feb 17, 10:41 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Family gathering to see Kyotaro's grad speech lol. But it was a great speech though. The K club interaction was hillarious. Funny that the song that he sung was the OP. That actually led into it as well. In the wake of the confession their interactions are even cuter and sweeter. Going shopping with classmates must had been a novel exp for him though. Facing Anna's jealous side is like facing a demon lol. Still the outing sure proved to be a good exp for both Kyo and Anna. The white day return gift sure was fun and a delightful way to end the ep with. Things sure are heating up for them.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 17, 10:48 AM
Aug 2022
Ngl idk what the author done but this season is 1000 times better than the first. Like it’s wild how much more I’m enjoying this season not to mention the animation and opening song is incredible.

I wasn’t crazy excited for this show to get a second season but this season has been so good.

Also the transition from kyo singing into the opening was fire.
Feb 17, 10:52 AM

Mar 2021
Ayo bruh!! forget going thorugh confession and consent, my man went straight into declaration of possession.
Feb 17, 10:58 AM

May 2015
Hara best wingman!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Feb 17, 10:59 AM

Jul 2017
Another excellent episode. I did feel awkward various points throughout this jealousy-themed episode from both sides. Some points were in situations like Ichikawa following Yamada and the basketball club to karaoke only to hide in his own room after some girls brought him into the club's booked room, or him yelling to Kanzaki that Yamada's is his after Kanzaki's meeting with Yamada mirrored Ichikawa meeting Hara. But considering what Ichikawa and Yamada went through at the end of the previous episode, some awkward tension in the air is to be expected. But as the episode built up, the payoff was superb in those last few minutes with Ichikawa and Yamada as he stumbles and awkwardly delivers his White Day present to her but is still doing his best to present his feelings and affections, and conquer fears and self-confidence issues that he has had throughout the episode to get to where he did. The growth that this series has given him while still maintaining the essence of who Ichikawa is has been splendid. Even loved the awkward singing Ichikawa delivered of the opening before it properly transitioned into the actual opening lol, pretty fitting in general in an episode like this. And whilst Ichikawa and Yamada had their own minor jealousy issues, and nervy issues too with being awkward around each other at times, they still are developing and growing feelings for each other at their own pace and the moments near the end of the episode did their relationship so much justice as a viewer. The direction was excellent as a whole, and some moments just looked breathtakingly gorgeous with such great music in the background too to complement these scenes.

It is an episode filled with stumbles, awkward nerves and imperfections but in a way, those all helped in delivering a pretty perfect build to a perfect last few minutes that was so fitting for these two. Their relationship is progressing in their own way and you could tell from their lone interactions with each other whether at the karaoke room, or outside together or even in scenes with them at the library together throughout the entire show. They have their own kind of relationship and they are willing to take their time in growing and enjoying it together at their own pace. Just another exceptional episode by the very end, especially because of how strong it ended and the way it really complimented these two characters and their journeys beautifully.
Feb 17, 11:07 AM

Dec 2012
peak episode after peak episode.
it just made me smile every week
Feb 17, 11:14 AM
Dec 2019
Best shit ever wtf
Feb 17, 11:15 AM
Sep 2015
What a seamless way to transition from anime to opening song. It's not the first time I see this trick but still very rare and always put a smile on my face.
Feb 17, 11:15 AM
Apr 2022
THE PEAK OF ROMANTIC ANIME IS FINALLY HERE, BOIS!!!!
Feb 17, 11:22 AM

Oct 2017
Yamada's mine! I've been waiting to see this in the anime. That was amazing. Those Yamada death stares had me rolling. The misunderstanding was hilarious as well. Those senpais staring at Yamada playing with Ichikawa was hilarious too. Ichikawa giving her the present was beautiful, like way too much. She was about to eat the accessory though lol. More Hara san is great btw, she's adorable.
Feb 17, 11:29 AM
Dec 2018
This adaptation just never ceases to surprise me at all costs! Last week I was literally rereading this part of the story, as I wasn't sure if the anime were to actually adapt the chapter spent at the karaoke bar. Not only was I glad it stayed in, it acts as the intro to make way for the main event; White Day! The way it transitioned into the OP was incredible. Lest I not forget the ending to this episode and how it even caught me off guard even after experiencing this moment more than once. The way the anime staff elegantly elevated this scenario is something I cannot understate, it genuinely got me shaking!

Already feverishly awaiting next week. as I'm sure this same feeling will occur again! I really can't get enough of BokuYaba!

Feb 17, 11:46 AM

Jun 2023
That transition into the OP was great lol.
Feb 17, 11:46 AM

Dec 2022
Parallel romances!

After a quick trip to karaoke to "protect" Yamada from the basketball dudes, Ichikawa manages to land a double date with Yamada, Hara, and the buzz cut guy. During the date, my boy Ichikawa once again proves himself one of the strongest romcom MCs by speedrunning the bullshit misunderstanding stage of the plot. Imagine if that one comment about the cute hat had them fighting for the rest of the season. Anna's yandere mode is kind of cute though.

Even more sweet moments abound in this episode with Yamada overhearing Ichikawa laying claim to her, and the whole bracelet scene. Ichikawa's also learning to stop comparing himself to others. Really, everything about this is great!
MALoween 2023 Candy: ///
Feb 17, 11:56 AM

Oct 2014
More like Jealousy episode than white day :D

However love it nonetheless.

That opening transition

Those senpais seeing those two flirting

Love the way when yamada gets jealous (yandere mode)

“Yamada is mine”

And of course that ED scene with yamada <3
(For some reason the muffin scene where he stops yamada eating it was slightly funnier in the manga)

Another peak episode and cant wait for the next 6 eps
kisip123Feb 17, 12:00 PM
Feb 17, 12:19 PM

Nov 2021
man that ending scene had me tearing up this is shaping up to be one of the best romance anime of all time
Feb 17, 12:19 PM

Dec 2023
We're just going straight from the mini confession to "Yamada's mine!" lol. Ending is amazing as always.

The Karaoke transition to the OP was crazy!
Feb 17, 12:21 PM
Dec 2022
Haha, this was one beautiful and wholesome episode. "Yamada's mine" as Kyo-chan said, man, that was so funny. Then the giving of his gift for White Day to her. He's finally shaping up to be a real man, no need for the lack of confidence and self loathe. He fully realizes his feelings for her. W episode, bro.
Feb 17, 12:28 PM
Sep 2020
I was almost crying in the end when he give her the bracelet
Feb 17, 12:37 PM
Feb 2021
ugh this show, I love it to bits. had me cringing when ichikawa stalked her to karaoke, then bombarded me with warm and fluffiness all the way till the end, a moment aptly described by peakkawa as "so cute i'd die".
Fuckin ell, had me giggling, bouncing my feet. Need to play helldivers to regain manliness.
Feb 17, 12:38 PM
May 2021
such a cute episode oh my god. they're basically dating now, we just need an actual proper confession and asking out scene. wonder if we'll get that next episode?
My 2023 candies:
Feb 17, 12:42 PM
Apr 2022
Dude ima big romance show hater, but this anime is fucking amazing. Best show this year so far
Feb 17, 12:47 PM
Jul 2022
It was very Good and I loved the progress and the emotions, especially the awkward moments it was so heartwarming to see their progress.
Feb 17, 12:58 PM
Mar 2021
Great to see their relationship become more evident between them and others!!!
Feb 17, 1:02 PM
Jun 2023
the first thing hit me in this episode is intro song that started with ichikawa,it was very well done , I was shocked, it was very good.
secondly jealous Yamada is cute as always , ichikawa knew she was jealous the moment she felt that, it means he is growing. and i also like harus bf I will kill you moment.it was funny
and 3rd hand bracelet, it was good , she was very happy but lastly he said "so cute that , i could die "man that was awesome, i think I will die for them, it's really a very good episode.
Feb 17, 1:05 PM
Feb 2024
Another fabulous episode. I love his older sister, she’s really funny and obviously loves the kid (*≧∀≦*)
I have a fun fact for you guys!! So Valentines Day is February 14, right. White Day is March 14. In Korea, the 14th of April is unofficially celebrated as Black Day, basically a day for everyone who received nothing on the previous two holidays to come together and eat Jjajyangmyeon (Black Noodles) with other single friends. It’s a really cool holiday and I know which one of these three I’ll be celebrating 🥲
Feb 17, 1:06 PM
May 2021
Hara is not taking that dude seriously lmao, bro confessed so many times but still not dating
Feb 17, 1:08 PM

Jan 2021
I'm reading the manga and yet this is so awesome...cannot say that about a lot of animes.

5*
Feb 17, 1:12 PM

Feb 2019
Well after the amazing Valentine’s episode we all knew what was coming next. It’s time for Ichikawa to repay the favour, but as they say, what do you get for the person who has everything?

Last week’s pseudo confession still has things awkward between Yamada and Kyo, neither knew how to initiate a conversation. Luckily Kyo’s newfound popularity helped get him invited into that karaoke room and broke the ice between he and Yamada lol. Also a cool way to lead into the OP!

Every moment they’re together is full of so much tension and intimacy now, I love it. Just get together already though 😂

Kyo going white day shopping with Hara was fun, but he damn near died when Yamada showed up and overheard him saying cute. She does not mess around about her man lol. Few weeks ago when they were at her house and her friend pretended to be Kyo’s gf was the first example, now this.

“Doesn’t matter if you’re fat or skinny” lmao kinda crazy statement but Kenta heart is in the right place. He wants Hara to feel comfortable to be herself, but he also has to accept if she wants to improve herself. Goes both ways. Good dude though, albeit a little slow lol

Poor Yamada wishes Kyo was as expressive as that, but you know, he’s making progress so it’s ok. Speaking of which, awesome job with the white day gift. The muffin and necklace were perfect and that scene of him saying Yamada’s so cute he could die is going to get me thru the entire week. Awesome episode, they just keep improving week after week
Marinate1016Feb 17, 1:44 PM
Feb 17, 1:13 PM

Apr 2021
This anime is so sweet that it might give me diabetes.
Feb 17, 1:37 PM

Mar 2020
Simply amazing. It was a pretty fun episode throughout, but definitely a step in the right direction in terms of Kyoutarou and Anna's relationship. I had some concerns that the relationship progression might drag but it is showing no signs of that at all. The awkwardness and jealousy were fun to see, and Hara and Kanzaki got to shine this episode as well. Zero bad characters in this show.

The icing on the cake, that last scene! It was the most fitting, most perfect gift for Yamada! I am so giddy, smiling a lot right now.
Feb 17, 1:48 PM
Feb 2013
everything about this ep was so good! Feels overload
Feb 17, 1:52 PM
Jan 2024
Very interesting, also a very good chapter and also gave good moments.
Feb 17, 1:56 PM
Feb 2022
another amazing episode, I liked the transaction between Ichi singing into the op XD. It's really amazing how in each episode they become closer to their real feelings.
Feb 17, 2:07 PM
Dec 2020
I love this show so much.
Feb 17, 2:09 PM
Oct 2023
Peak after peak my god, this show maybe can top Kaguya sama
Feb 17, 2:20 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
HUMANITY is saved as a species after this episode. The world is in perfect order too. This show single handledly erases 50 years of poorly handled romcoms with shitty misunderstandings and the like. Hallelujah!
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 17, 2:23 PM

Oct 2014
notindien said:
Peak after peak my god, this show maybe can top Kaguya sama

I love Kaguya sama and honestly i think this can top season 3.

6 more episodes to go. Next week cant come quick enough
Feb 17, 2:28 PM

Jul 2022
Reply to Farabeuf
HUMANITY is saved as a species after this episode. The world is in perfect order too. This show single handledly erases 50 years of poorly handled romcoms with shitty misunderstandings and the like. Hallelujah!
@Farabeuf Well said, this episode really bringing up back the golden year for romantic series. It getting better and better episode after episode. Best romance anime this season !

Feb 17, 2:45 PM
Mar 2023
it was just so great that end wow, haha
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Season 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - Mar 30

342 by wibugar »»
May 9, 2:51 PM

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Season 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 24

116 by little_raven »»
May 5, 8:04 PM

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Season 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 9

118 by Mattinator95 »»
May 5, 6:47 AM

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Season 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 6

202 by Playcool »»
May 5, 6:42 AM

» Anime Recommendations like Bokuyaba

Htun__ - Apr 5

43 by Playcool »»
May 3, 4:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.