Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Sign of Affection
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 17, 5:57 AM

Nov 2011
Yuki trying to get a part time job goes to show that she wants to earn ways to be with Itsuomi.

I do like how this episode still added comedy context mostly from Yuki's perspective. The cliffhanger though...another week of ending. I do hope Yuki and Itsuomi can co-exist for rest of the season.
Feb 17, 5:58 AM

Dec 2021
Mio is incredibly precious.

Itsuomi went abroad. In order to save money to someday travel abroad together with Itsuomi, Yuki looks for a part-time job. However, during interviews, the interviewers wear masks, making it difficult to read their lips, and they are told that acceptance notices will be given over the phone. Various obstacles arise. Amidst this, Yuki hears from Oushi that his sister, Mio, wants to meet him, so they decide to meet for the first time in a long while.

Lmao, business being hectic like that? So true. Poor Yuki, facing those job rejections is tough. I remember going through a string of rejections myself. I've been meaning to give some props to Oushi for learning sign language and being mindful of Yuki's feelings, like translating for her when Mio talks. And wow, Itsuomi really doesn't waste any time, huh? Going in for the kiss in just 7 EPISODES. Everyone romance should strive to be like this.

Meeting Shin... his reaction was just priceless. This should be fun.

Feb 17, 6:27 AM

Apr 2010
The first kiss was a big surprise for Yuki but things seem to be going well.
It was sad to see Yuki trying so hard for a job tho, finding a job can be hard in general but with her hearing it's way worse but i hope things work out.
I wonder how Ema will respond to the news seeing her reaction this episode.
Shi seemed surprised.
Feb 17, 6:34 AM

Dec 2014
This episode was SO precious, I swear it felt shorter than the others ;-;
I love Itsuomi and Yuki together, but god, my heart always breaks whenever I see Oushi talk to Yuki... I love him too, he's a sweetheart!
I can't wait for next week's episode, because the way this one ended... oof, Shin's reaction really was priceless lmao.

Also, am I the only one who literally sprung off my chair and smiled so hard that my cheeks hurt when Itsuomi kissed Yuki?! I did not see that coming, but boy was it a pleasant surprise (⸝⸝⸝• ω •⸝⸝⸝) ♡
Feb 17, 6:40 AM

Mar 2021
Such an amazing episode Yuki and Itsoumi are just so adorable together Yuki's reaction to her first kiss was just so cute I can't wait for the next episode
Feb 17, 6:54 AM
Dec 2020
They kissed!!! Yuki made a mistake in reading lips and got shocked lol. Itsuomi asking for her consent is so sexy of him!

PS: Mio is adorable. I hope we get more of soft Oushi in the future.
Feb 17, 7:25 AM
Mar 2022
Reply to avengernin
They kissed!!! Yuki made a mistake in reading lips and got shocked lol. Itsuomi asking for her consent is so sexy of him!

PS: Mio is adorable. I hope we get more of soft Oushi in the future.
@avengernin
avengernin said:
. I hope we get more of soft Oushi in the future.

well..idk what to say about that..😔😌
but just keep watching!
kisaragi_ekiFeb 17, 7:30 AM
Feb 17, 7:35 AM

Apr 2022
damn this episode went by quick. itsuomi got yuki motivated to get out of her comfort zone more and get a job, was rough for me too lol and even more for her. welp, oushi's sister certainly misunderstood but can't really blame her in that situation i guess. itsuomi being back was wholesome, unexpected kiss and i liked the rewind effect lol the directing is really neat. bro was dying to introduce her as his gf, straight to shin's house after a chill day with her.
Feb 17, 7:54 AM
Jul 2023
Another beautiful episode, Shin surely shocked to learned that Itsoumi have a girlfriend now.
Feb 17, 7:56 AM
Sep 2015
SO sweet but I kinda feel bad for Oushi, he's just like a lost puppy!

It's usually not that hard to find a part-time job, this anime low-key shows the challenge that disability people need to face in their life.
Feb 17, 8:00 AM

Dec 2022
Rin has been talking to Yuki normally without using sign language, so why does Oushi's sister need to be translated?

I was wondering what was different with Itsuomi, so he got tanned and his hair has gotten longer. He looked like a different person there.
Feb 17, 8:00 AM
Dec 2023
This is getting better. I'd like to see more conflict between the two guys. Let's hope it doesn't fall from here
Feb 17, 8:04 AM

Oct 2017
If this was a movie I'm 100% sure Itsuomi would have died in that trip somehow, perfect timing. Good thing it's not. He kinda looks like Haise Sasaki rn with his new look due to his hair growing out and also his dye is coming off too ig? That kiss was really sudden, not that romantic or much feel to it but hey a kiss is still a kiss. Was it necessary for them to make us feel bad about Oushi like this? Guy doesn't even know about her relationship yet. I can only imagine how he will feel when he finds out. His sister is really nice btw. Also more drama coming with Emma soon now that Shin knows.
Feb 17, 8:21 AM
Mar 2022
Reply to Zaxphred
Rin has been talking to Yuki normally without using sign language, so why does Oushi's sister need to be translated?

I was wondering what was different with Itsuomi, so he got tanned and his hair has gotten longer. He looked like a different person there.
@Zaxphred
Zaxphred said:
isn't it obvious?
To make yuki understand more easier.
Feb 17, 8:23 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
While its good to see Yuki have immediate goals its unfortunate that life is not always that straightforward. Rin sure has a rather tough part time job. Mio was a lotta fun though. Ema's crush on Itsu is so obvious. Itsu though really gets around though. Meeting one of Itsu's best friends though would be a good warmup before Yuki meets his parents.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 17, 8:28 AM
Aug 2017
I loved the episode. But i have to say I was a bit dissapointed about the cut out parts. I would've prefered those yuki-itsuomi parts any day over emma's anime extra scene.
Feb 17, 8:33 AM
Sep 2021
such a cute episode! We finally got a kiss as well which was nice to see. Can't wait to see how their relationship develops.

I do feel really bad for Yuki though. It can't be easy trying to find a job when you have a disability, especially one that makes it very difficult to communicate with people. I hope that she manages to find a job soon. If I had to guess, Itsuomi will hopefully get her a job in the bar but who knows. Hospitality and customer service in general might be quite difficult for her.
FenyyFeb 17, 8:37 AM
Feb 17, 9:25 AM

Feb 2019
Another episode of peak shoujo 🙏🏾

Honestly Emma and Oushi need to link up at this point and bond over their shared rejection. Oushi fumbled so hard, had over a decade to let Yuki know how he felt and get closer to her. Don’t feel bad for buddy at all. Emma has a good heart, but just been going about things backwards. Was kinda hard seeing her send all those messages to Itsuomi just to get ignored, but at least we know Itsuomi is faithful lol.

So cute that Yuki wants to find a part time job to be able to travel with Itsuomi. It was hard watching her get rejected, likely because of a combination of lack of experience as well as her disability. It’s a tough loop to be in. You need experience to get a job, but can’t get a job without experience :/ another example of this story being real as hell.

Little surprised Itsuomi came back so soon. I thought they’d be apart for at least an episode, but boy what an entrance he made. That kiss was so cute, hilarious that Yuki wasn’t ready for it, but cute nonetheless. I can’t wait for their first proper one.

“I want him to take me into his world. I want to learn more and have him learn more” 😩 ugh man this show is just diabetes in anime form. Seeing how Itsuomi had gotten even better with his signing and Yuki being open to meeting Shin were perfect examples of the two of them coming into each others’ worlds.

Speaking of Shin, wow he looks totally different when he’s not drunk. Itsuomi introducing Yuki as his gf was adorable and such a shock to Shin, can’t wait to see the rest of this meeting next week!!
Marinate1016Feb 17, 10:08 AM
Feb 17, 9:28 AM
Feb 2024
THE WAY SHE RAN TO MEET UP WITH HIMMMM (*≧∀≦*) | love that they changed the color of his hair at its roots, that's attention to detail for sure.
Not enough people ask permission before touching someone else, so it really stands out that Itsuomi did. Granted, it's because he touched her without permission first, but making mistakes and learning from them is all part of the process. So I really respect that he made sure to ask permission, he's a really good
guy.
I'll never get tired of their chibi forms, they are SO RIDICULOUSLY CUUUUTTTEE! I don't remember if Oushi ever mentioned his older sister before, but she seems like a genuinely sweet person. I love that they LOOK like siblings in this anime, most of he time they'll end up having the same hair color or whatever but they actually look related here and I love it (*≧∀≦*)
Feb 17, 9:35 AM

Mar 2021
Ahh I love Yuki's friendship with Mio, it's great when an anime or any type of media shows wholesome female dynamics!! It's also realistic that Mio has forgotten sign language by not practicing, compared to Oushi who wants to be an interpreter and who has a crush on Yuki (he doth protest) ^^

I like the sub translation: "shin" meaning "heart" in Japanese hence why Yuki thinks "kokoro" (also heart), while the sub gets translated as "leg" for English viewers that don't know a lick of Japanese. It's a small accessibility thing that avoids the whole "all according to keikaku, keikaku means plan" drama XD

The fact that "hug" and "kiss" are similar in Japanese, leading to that adorable miscommunication, is glorious! I did think that Yuki was making a big deal out of a hug tho :P

Also, understandable that Yuki's impression of Shin is as an eccentric drunk, so when he greets her and Itsu normally, she goes "oh wait he's actually normal too" lol
Feb 17, 10:06 AM

Sep 2017
I'm having too much fun watching this show and just goofing on the dorky romance. "Gotcha I won't touch your belly but... other places are okay right? Boobs still on the okay list?" Itsuomi I know what you're thinking ya cheeky bastard.

Also Oushi is definitely the kinda guy that would get off watch Yuki and Itsu going at it.
Feb 17, 10:15 AM
Nov 2020
Good episode! It’s got to be frustrating for Yuki trying to find a job and dealing with so much rejection. The kiss scene and misunderstanding Itsuomi was funny. And Shin’s new hair is just gorgeous.
Feb 17, 10:19 AM

May 2015
This is all cute and all but some dialogues and actions are just out of the blue awkward. Imo, nothing wrong with the chat on things she's not okay with (the tummy thing) and then telling her to be clingy, but who actually talks like that? And the guy's been home only for one day, but has to introduce his girlfriend to a friend right away, even so far as actually going to his apartment instead of a neutral meet-up in a cafe. We know nothing about how close they are, but surely this is weird, no? People don't actually do this sort of thing.... I mean, it's nice he's willing to introduce her, but jeez, give it some time and like.. actually date your girl for a few days at least (apart from chatting).

As out of the blue the kiss was as well, it was rather cute. I wish she said something about misunderstanding though, she deserved to get that hug too.
Feb 17, 10:33 AM
Aug 2022
God dam is shin a chameleon his hair changing colour like that really threw me off 😂😂
Feb 17, 10:43 AM
Aug 2023
small thing i've been loving about this is that Itsuomi always frames questions to Yuki by asking "do you, or do you not?" Idk it's just so sweet how he never wants to pressure her into anything ugh i love them
Feb 17, 1:03 PM

Feb 2014
I do feel bad for Yuki after she got multiple part-time job rejections during her spring break. Experience is one thing, but also considering her disability would make it more difficult for her to land a job at all. Hopefully she'll get lucky with landing a job soon.

Putting that aside, I loved the reunion that Yuki and Itsuomi had. Thanks to Yuki misreading his lips at the railway crossing, what she thought would be a welcome back hug was actually a welcome back kiss instead! It made for such a funny, but heartwarming moment between the two of them as they enjoyed their date together eating lunch and chilling out. I wasn't expecting Itsuomi wanting to introduce Yuki to Shin, but in a way, it might contribute to helping solve the situation of Emma's one-sided feelings for Itsuomi, so it'll be interesting to see how this meeting will go next time.

Not to forget, the talk that Yuki had with Oushi and his sister, Mio, was pretty nice. Oushi might still act rather awkward, but I do respect him for what he wants to do as his main job. Either way, I do expect more drama once both Oushi and Emma finds out about Yuki and Itsuomi dating together.
Feb 17, 1:37 PM

Jul 2022
I felt like the episode lasted 5 minutes... Despite the distance, it's clear that Yuki and Itsuomi want their relationship to grow. Their meeting was cute, and that kiss was unexpected but beautiful. Now, Itsuomi is going to introduce Yuki to Shin as his girlfriend. I'm excited.
Feb 17, 1:46 PM
May 2017
Another excellent episode! Do not desist, Yuki; adulthood is made of both challenges and rewards, the real world is some steps behind the ideal and you can and should count with the ones who are with you when the going gets rough.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Feb 17, 2:32 PM
Feb 2021
why leave us on that cliff hanger!!! also he is so considerate of her its too cute
Feb 17, 3:14 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
It’s wild how fast these episodes go by, it was another banger. We’re now in a world where Itsuomi and Yuki are in a relationship, and so far it isn’t too much different since Itsuomi left on another grand tour but the little updates he’s been sending are a nice change. And in good ol japan we see Yuki trying to get a part time job, and typically this wouldn’t be too hard but it appears it is very difficult as a deaf person, I’m not sure if this is accurate but I imagine it’s not far off, I hope Yuki can find one eventually.

We also had that moment with Oushi and his sister which I liked, it was cool seeing Oushi be the translator there along with the reveal that he wants to be a translator, I definitely respect that, and it looks like Oushi’s sister not only picked up that Yuki is in love, but also that Oushi has his own stuff going on, can’t hide stuff from big sis lol. And then came the big moment when Itsuomi and Yuki reunited, and it wasn’t really even that long but you’d think it was an eternity lol, and then the kiss happened which was really nice, best misunderstanding of all time if you ask me lol. And at the end Itsuomi introduced Yuki to Shin as his girlfriend, I’m wondering why he wanted it to be Shin to first find out, and also Shin changed his hair color which I wasn’t expecting, I liked the orange better tho tbh lol.
Feb 17, 3:56 PM
Apr 2021
Shin with dyed hair and pajama got me doubting my sexuality for a sec there 🚶‍♂️
Feb 17, 4:06 PM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Aww that kiss!!

Yuki stays the cutest
Feb 17, 4:56 PM

Nov 2023
Another delightful epiosde; I really enjoyed it.

Yuki and Itsuomi had so many cute interactions, and the kiss was just amazing.

Oushi though... I wanna see his reaction when he finds out about the two of them dating. There's definitely going to be some drama.
Feb 17, 5:46 PM

Dec 2022
It's refreshing to see how most characters actually have black hair, it's just dyed. And it's acknowledged by other characters in the world. You don't see that often.
Feb 17, 6:02 PM
Mar 2022
Reply to Ten
This is all cute and all but some dialogues and actions are just out of the blue awkward. Imo, nothing wrong with the chat on things she's not okay with (the tummy thing) and then telling her to be clingy, but who actually talks like that? And the guy's been home only for one day, but has to introduce his girlfriend to a friend right away, even so far as actually going to his apartment instead of a neutral meet-up in a cafe. We know nothing about how close they are, but surely this is weird, no? People don't actually do this sort of thing.... I mean, it's nice he's willing to introduce her, but jeez, give it some time and like.. actually date your girl for a few days at least (apart from chatting).

As out of the blue the kiss was as well, it was rather cute. I wish she said something about misunderstanding though, she deserved to get that hug too.
@Ten
Ten said:
And the guy's been home only for one day, but has to introduce his girlfriend to a friend right away

You know itsuomi is a straightforward person and just go at his own pace right?
Of course he didn't want to keep his relationship a secret for too long.
He just go straight to the point and introduce Yuki to his bestfriend first which is Shin.
Ten said:
Imo, nothing wrong with the chat on things she's not okay with (the tummy thing) and then telling her to be clingy, but who actually talks like that?

It's just itsuomi things~~
You know he just go at his own pace.
He just straightforward with Yuki.Well duh.. they're a couple now.Of course Yuki can be clingy with itsuomi!
Ten said:
I wish she said something about misunderstanding though,
Well,itsuomi will be the one that talk about that to Yuki. Probably in episode 8!

Itsuomi is just unique.
He's a straightforward person.
He also go at his own and isn't afraid of anything.
He's very mature.
He also like to make a conversation with someone.
He's also just immediately go straight to the point.
He's a friendly person.
He can communicate well with people.

😭♥️
Like I never see that type of male lead in any romance anime!
kisaragi_ekiFeb 17, 6:49 PM
Feb 17, 6:28 PM
Mar 2022
Reply to Ten

Ten said:
.. I mean, it's nice he's willing to introduce her, but jeez, give it some time and like.. actually date your girl for a few days at least (apart from chatting).

Well..having a conversation and communicate with each other is more important than go on a date.
Isn't that true?

Yuki and itsuomi relationship is just so damn wholesome.They both have lots of communication with each other mainly itsuomi doing that.
When they have some misunderstanding or having a trouble with something,they both immediately talk about it.
Yuki also didn't be a coward and actually talk about it immediately if she have something going on.
She also expressed a lot about her feelings to itsuomi!!! 😭🤧♥️
Both of them respect each other!
and itsuomi is just so gentle and considerate to Yuki!!!!
Like wow Yuki and itsuomi relationship is just so damn sweet and wholesome!! 😭♥️
Hmm..I wish someone like itsuomi actually exist in real life.
He such a green flag and a really nice guy!
He's the standard.
He also insanely good looking.
Everything about itsuomi is attractive.
I love everything about itsuomi! 😭♥️
You will know what I'm talking about in later episode.
But ugh I can't believe only 5 episode left..
:(

Anyways,in later episode both Yuki and itsuomi will go on a date!!! They both spend time with each other at their first date!!
Please look forward to it!! I'm so excited to see that scene getting animated!! 😭♥️
kisaragi_ekiFeb 17, 10:02 PM
Feb 17, 7:16 PM
Oct 2021
I cant belive it. The guy who directed this episode... it was his SECOND time directing an episode. The fisrt time was with episode 4!
Idk about you guys but there are so many good scenes in this one, I think this is the best episode so far, the best one directed clearly! I hope Mr. Watanabe Shun has the oportunity to direct at least another one, maybe the last one? What a great director!
Feb 17, 7:18 PM

Apr 2015
Oof, now that I'm trying to hop jobs I could totally relate to Yuki getting one rejection after another. It's a horrible feeling. It'd be interesting to see what kind of part-time job she ends up with. Oushi wanting to be a sign language interpreter is a pleasant surprise. The kiss totally threw me off, but it's a pretty nice change of pace to see one that's not so dramatized. I guess it's not a surprise, but it seems like Itsuomi is pretty experienced with dating other women. Itsuomi with slightly longer hair definitely makes him seem more mature, but I liked it better when it was shorter so I hope he cuts it lol. Even better, Shin should cut it for him.
Overall another great episode, though part of the reason why I'm still not entirely feeling the main ship is because it seems like they barely know anything about one another, so I hope that changes soon.

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Feb 17, 7:33 PM
Mar 2022
davi__ said:
I cant belive it. The guy who directed this episode... it was his SECOND time directing an episode. The fisrt time was with episode 4!
Idk about you guys but there are so many good scenes in this one, I think this is the best episode so far, the best one directed clearly! I hope Mr. Watanabe Shun has the oportunity to direct at least another one, maybe the last one? What a great director!

ikr!! the way this episode is directed is so good! for example,that rewind scene when Yuki remember that she mistaken kiss with hug and during that oushi conversation with Yuki when it's suddenly turn gray. That scene is so good.
This whole episode direction is very well made!!!
Feb 17, 7:56 PM
Dec 2020
Reply to kisaragi_eki
@avengernin
avengernin said:
. I hope we get more of soft Oushi in the future.

well..idk what to say about that..😔😌
but just keep watching!
@kisaragi_eki I was kinda spoiled on what he'd do in the future. I just hope he gets some character development.
Feb 17, 7:59 PM
Mar 2022
Reply to Xiao
Oof, now that I'm trying to hop jobs I could totally relate to Yuki getting one rejection after another. It's a horrible feeling. It'd be interesting to see what kind of part-time job she ends up with. Oushi wanting to be a sign language interpreter is a pleasant surprise. The kiss totally threw me off, but it's a pretty nice change of pace to see one that's not so dramatized. I guess it's not a surprise, but it seems like Itsuomi is pretty experienced with dating other women. Itsuomi with slightly longer hair definitely makes him seem more mature, but I liked it better when it was shorter so I hope he cuts it lol. Even better, Shin should cut it for him.
Overall another great episode, though part of the reason why I'm still not entirely feeling the main ship is because it seems like they barely know anything about one another, so I hope that changes soon.
@Esmera
Esmera said:
it seems like they barely know anything about one another, so I hope that changes soon.

Oh dont worry about that!
Both of them will get to know more about each other after this episode! 🥺👍🏻
Feb 17, 8:11 PM
Mar 2022
Reply to avengernin
@kisaragi_eki I was kinda spoiled on what he'd do in the future. I just hope he gets some character development.
@avengernin
avengernin said:
I just hope he gets some character development

In the manga whenever he appears he just..😌 idk what to say about him anymore...😔😌
and all of the things that he did whenever he is with Yuki is just...😑😌
I don't hate oushi tho.
Yeah I also hope oushi will get some character development soon!
kisaragi_ekiFeb 17, 9:17 PM
Feb 17, 9:46 PM

Oct 2022
I was like ready to accept a slow episode after the bountiful harvest of last week but damn he came in with that surprise.
Feb 17, 10:09 PM
Mar 2015
our gril had a hard time while her boi was away mio and shin now realize that she has a boyfriend and that their brother and friend lose out to her
Feb 17, 10:12 PM

Sep 2012
Reply to MegamiRem
If this was a movie I'm 100% sure Itsuomi would have died in that trip somehow, perfect timing. Good thing it's not. He kinda looks like Haise Sasaki rn with his new look due to his hair growing out and also his dye is coming off too ig? That kiss was really sudden, not that romantic or much feel to it but hey a kiss is still a kiss. Was it necessary for them to make us feel bad about Oushi like this? Guy doesn't even know about her relationship yet. I can only imagine how he will feel when he finds out. His sister is really nice btw. Also more drama coming with Emma soon now that Shin knows.
@MegamiRem The kiss being sudden is the point of it. Girls like that element of surprise done by an handsome guy.
FlamingMangosFeb 17, 10:16 PM
Feb 18, 1:28 AM

Jun 2021
I can die peacefully knowing they finally kissed
Feb 18, 1:29 AM

Jun 2008
Shin looks so good with the new haircolor.

This kiss was unexpected but very cute. Itsuomi is really going at it. Could have been a bit more romantic for their first kiss. Maybe he doesn't know it was her first kiss ever?
I wonder how Oushi will react when I finds out they are dating. He sure has feelings for Yuki, but is too tsundere to admit.
Feb 18, 2:28 AM
Dec 2022
Itsuomi and Yuki are moving forward one step at a time. That kiss though was unexpected. It is so hard for Yuki to secure a part-time job. Hope she will be able to soon.
Feb 18, 2:30 AM
Dec 2022
@kisaragi_eki yeah some parts had to be left out. Can't fit all in such a short 20+ min anime episode.
Feb 18, 3:35 AM

Oct 2020
Yuki got something better than she thought: a kiss.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yubisaki to Renren Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 24

108 by pillowofwinds »»
Yesterday, 1:37 PM

Poll: » Yubisaki to Renren Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 10

143 by pillowofwinds »»
Jun 4, 5:46 PM

Poll: » Yubisaki to Renren Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 3

129 by pillowofwinds »»
Jun 4, 5:25 PM

Poll: » Yubisaki to Renren Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 27

127 by pillowofwinds »»
Jun 4, 1:06 PM

Poll: » Yubisaki to Renren Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 23

196 by Hachimitsuchan »»
May 14, 1:51 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.