Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 14, 6:58 AM

May 2020
Yes, she does admire magical girls and look up to them, but… not with respectful eyes. Though that we already know, but what we don’t is… there’s one magical girl, who has recently become aware of her desires, and is finding pleasure in all of her displeasing encounters with Utena and co. Yeah, we talking about Sayo or Azure lol.

She may look plain innocent but she’s actually always sexed-up lol. Her problems and all, we get. Her admiration as well… I mean it’s the thing we do the most, as after all it was her admiration which led to that encounter with Utena lol. Girl went there to set things straight, kind of really had Utena there too… until she came over the top of that panda ride or whatever lol.

We knew what could’ve happened, but seeing Sayo’s mindbreak, in all glory, and then Utena giving her a speech over how a proper magical should act was fucking hilarious. She has no right whatsoever to teach someone that.

Anyways, we kind of saw the main group of evil girls too, and they all are full of assets. That aside, this could've been the best episode yet, if it wasn't for *somewhat* unecessary padding in the first half.

She's done for, yeah.
Softhenic03Feb 14, 7:07 AM
Feb 14, 6:58 AM

Dec 2021
I feel bad for Minakami.

Minkami Sayo. At first glance, she's just your normal serious-looking girl with a strong sense of justice. But her true identity is the one and only Magia Azul from Tres Magia. But lately, that very girl is a complete mess. Minakami feels completely unfocused during recent battles with the Hiiragi. Realizing this isn't going to work, she decides to take a break and clear her head. With renewed determination, she once again faces the Hiiragi. However, she finds herself once more succumbing to the exhilarating feeling of being toyed with by Hiiragi.

This episode was the one all the manga readers have been hyping up since the anime was announced, and boy, did it deliver. Minakami, you're breaking the rules. You're not supposed to submit, that's not how the Code works. She's the true villain. Because a true villain has standards. If this wasn't a comedy, this moment would've been such a WTF twist. Forget about Hiiragi's personality; she could have used Minakami to bring down the others. A sadist doesn't find joy in insulting a masochist; it just makes perfect sense.

Minakami has lost all her pride as a magical girl. How will she ever regain it?

Feb 14, 7:04 AM

Feb 2020
Nice Sayo x Utena action this time. :P

Lol at that panda.

SerafosFeb 14, 10:32 PM
Feb 14, 7:57 AM

Apr 2010
Looks like Azure was almost broken bit it seems Utena got bored with that.
I guess Sayo needs more self reflecting.
It also looks new girls appeared and the seemed to have a lot of experience fighting others i wonder how that will turn out.
Feb 14, 8:29 AM

Apr 2012
So, did Azure lose her power? At first I thought, no, but then we see the pile of broken magical girl-jewels and they looked exactly like Azure's broken one.

Also, I really wish there existed men in this world. They could have so much "fun" with these magical girls ;>
If you haven't watched "Fantastic Children", don't talk about "best anime". Thank you.
Feb 14, 8:30 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
We can add the mind break tag after this episode
Feb 14, 8:32 AM

Feb 2021
We got Suphur and Azure's little backstories, now we gotta see Magenta's.
Oh damn, they actually used production materials in the exhibition. This is kinda cool.
14:43 Coalesce - come together to form one mass or whole. New word learned today lol

Manga readers were hyping up this episode quite a lot, and they were right. The best episode so far probably. Baiser was amazing.
So I guess Azure is out of commission? Her heart thing was broken just like the ones shown at the end.

Btw idk about Tres Magia's mascot (Vatz), but "Venalita" (the evil mascot) apparently comes from Latin "Venalitas", meaning corruptible or bribable (from the wiki).
EmbientFeb 14, 8:37 AM
Feb 14, 8:42 AM
Jan 2024
Azure getting corrupted by lust because of Utena
Feb 14, 8:59 AM
Feb 2008
I was waiting for this for years now.

But I'm dissapointed. The filler felt unecessary. During the fight, the animation was janky and composition distracting. It is obvious animators are trying to do manga-frame-perfect adaptation. But are having hard time animating the transitions between them. The overal quallity of the animation was mediocre.

The only good thing was the VAs.

The translation was also weird. Being used to manga TL, I didn't like the the anime TL.
Feb 14, 9:14 AM

May 2019
Ngl, while I thought this was a good episode it didn't live up to the hype in my opinion, probably because of the first half which dragged a bit. Beyond that Azure submitted so much so that even Baiser was disappointed/disgusted as I think she wanted more resistance from her.
Feb 14, 9:26 AM
Oct 2020
This is getting more interesting. Looks like the real plot starts now
Feb 14, 9:31 AM

Dec 2013
It seems the villains on that world are doing perfectly fine, so many Heroines defeated, and man that Nun at the end.
Feb 14, 9:36 AM
Dec 2010
So apparently Utena only likes it when her targets are NOT enjoying themselves, the second she saw sayu had dropped her facade was liking it, that killed all the fun for her.
Feb 14, 9:39 AM

Mar 2021
Wow Sayo looked liked she was about to join the evil side even Utena seem disgusted with that. I love how passionate Utena is about magical girls and how much apart of her life they are.
Feb 14, 9:40 AM
Jul 2019
Reply to stangace20
So apparently Utena only likes it when her targets are NOT enjoying themselves, the second she saw sayu had dropped her facade was liking it, that killed all the fun for her.
@stangace20

no, she is just a huge fan of magical girls that for them going to the dark side is unacceptable
magical girls are supposed to be the beacon of hope and never give up
she actually wants to see them become better magical girls
nevergainFeb 14, 9:52 AM
Feb 14, 10:10 AM
Nov 2022
Utena destroyed her, Utena turned Azul into nothing more than a masochistic bitch, she literally broke her, I think it's best for Azul to retire, 0_o.

I partly liked how they showed the contrast between what common people see in the Mahou shoujo and what it really is to fight for good and justice. Now, what is the final objective of the evil organization? kill them or just make them retreat? I don't know, but at least Utena sexually abuses them.

It seems that the entire evil organization is going to appear, ufff.
Feb 14, 10:17 AM

Jan 2008
The close up scene with Azure gagged and then her becoming submissive looked good but the rest of the episode looked so bad and sloppy.
Feb 14, 10:18 AM

Jun 2013
Finally, an episode most of us who read manga have been waiting for. And with all Tres Magia girls background explored (and characters developed for some) we can move on to the next story plot point.

A lot of anime original stuff from this episode, and I love it. They really went hard on Sayo thinking about her current situation and they showed her more badass in fight unlike how it happened in manga. And the famous scene from manga was given proper justice here, it was great from start to finish.

Now the really good part of the story starts, with it I think they will wrap this anime. And I am glad for it, every Wednesday is becoming quite enjoyable becasue of this anime and I hope they deliver on that satisfaction until the end of the show in some 6 episodes we have left.
Feb 14, 10:19 AM
Oct 2019
Man, this episode was really great. Izumi Fuuka did her best in the scene where Magia Baiser got very serious. I kinda liked the idea about adding (again) additional stuff to this episode. Sayo standing up for Utena when she was treated unfair was really heartwarming, made me ship these two even more.

Feb 14, 10:20 AM
Sep 2011
Reply to KanameYuuki
It seems the villains on that world are doing perfectly fine, so many Heroines defeated, and man that Nun at the end.
@KanameYuuki Defeated or
?

I wonder if I've accidently stumbled across a Magica Madoka, disguised as an ecchi.
Feb 14, 10:22 AM

Oct 2017
Corrupted magical girl lol. Utena got mad, ig she just wants to see them prevail no matter what and got mad cause Azure gave in. Anyway finally some thicc girls, a nun and a Sessyoin Kiara lookalike.
MegamiRemMar 20, 7:08 AM
Feb 14, 11:21 AM
Dec 2023
i loved today's episode but wanted more...
Feb 14, 11:22 AM
Dec 2023
they didn't show much of the content in today's episode and the fight between Magia Azure and Magia Baiser felt like, they were rushing to finish it quickly.
Feb 14, 11:31 AM
May 2022
Going interesting places story wise but the animation looks a lot worse than it did initially. Hope they regain some of that in the last half here because it’s hard to enjoy the fight scenes
Feb 14, 11:47 AM

Jul 2013
I like the parallel. Both of them were aspired by magical girls. Both tried to reject their inner desire. Both succumbed. Only one joined the "correct" side, though lol
Feb 14, 12:00 PM

Jun 2023
Well I watched this episode muted only reading subtitles, and let me say it was the same experience as with sound.
I somehow don't care about this series and its concept.
And this type of fanservice is just weird
So why is it so successful in japan?
Feb 14, 12:02 PM

Feb 2019
Sayo playing with her tiddies in the bath is crazy she’s down horrendously lmao. Her mind break is finally complete wow, what an extremely degenerate episode in the best possible way.

Having finished the episode, I actually really liked the juxtaposition of Sayo and Utena. Both were inspired by magical girls and wanted to be like them. One gave into the dark side and one succeeded in becoming a magical girl. They have a lot more in common that I previously realised, even having read.

Utena just lets her desires run wild whereas Sayo has held them in for a while, but no more. They’re starting to take over, the intrusive thoughts are winning lol.

We see Sayo’s gradual fall to the horny side over the course of the episode and man that literal climax at the end was something. The proud Magia Azure reduced to grovelling at and licking Baiser’s feet, begging for her love. Baiser’s face and reaction during that was great. Just an utter look of disgust. It’s not fun when the girls completely give in I guess.

Plus she’s looked up to them forever so seeing her idols give into the dark side has to hurt the fangirl inside of her. Don’t think we’ve ever seen Baiser that angry lol

Great episode maybe the best yet.

Oh yea and the scene of Sayo telling the girls not to cut in front of Utena was also really cute. Poor Utena has to learn to stand up for herself!
Marinate1016Feb 14, 12:29 PM
Feb 14, 12:23 PM
Oct 2021
Even Though She is a new Voice Actress, she killed the acting in the last scene, I started liking Utena's VA even more from this scene alone
Feb 14, 1:15 PM

Sep 2021
Utena X Sayo content was bound to me amazing and this episode didn't disappoint!

Seeing Sayo struggle with her "job" was done very well. I wonder how she will continue now. She really held back her Maso side, but she is just not strong enough to actually win against Utena.
Utena's side was equally good. She's still not a villain at heart and, even though she likes to toy with them, she doesn't want to see "her" Magical Girls in such a pathetic state.

Even though they could be such a lovely SadoMaso couple...

Looking forward to next week, as it seems Enormita gets some reinforcements who take the battles more serious. But I'm sure Utena won't let anyone take her Magical Girls away from her!
Feb 14, 1:32 PM
Jan 2017
Magia Azure, noooo, you cannot fall to darkness Magia Azure
OrangeMoonSGFeb 14, 1:53 PM
Feb 14, 1:50 PM

Mar 2022
The moment Utena VA started using her normal voice out of disgust was *chef kiss*

The animation was a bit janky this ep tho? Some very weird angles and limb placements
Feb 14, 1:56 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Happy Valentine’s Day everyone, what a romantic episode this was lol. Jokes aside this was a very good one focusing on Magia Azure, it’s good she’s getting some focus outside just being horny finally, and I found her situation interesting and fitting for an ecchi show like this. You could say she doesn’t want to be horny anymore, she wants to be happy lol, and I do respect that, there comes a time where the horny takes control and Azure is trying to break free of that and rediscover her original purpose in being a magical girl.

And in the process we got to see Utena nerding out at a magical girl exhibition which was very cute, I like that they made a magical girl anime within the show too although it didn’t get the greatest production but it got the point across. And afterward Azure decided to take on Baiser with her newfound purpose and she put up a good fight for a while, but unfortunately she got caught in a sexy trap she couldn’t escape, she had such good momentum too. This ended up giving us quite the display of a mind broken Azure who was ready to submit to the villain, now if this was a hentai or doujin we’d get a complete corruption, but this isn’t those things and we got quite the interesting reaction from Baiser, just disgust and disappointment lol. She doesn’t have much room to judge but this definitely sheds light on her true feelings on being a villain to the magical girls, definitely looking forward to getting more on this, poor Azure tho lol, I hope she can come back from this.

And lastly we got a little tease of some upcoming villains, and looks like they actually defeat their magical girl prey, I have a feeling they won’t mesh well with the trio we’ve come to know.
Feb 14, 2:22 PM

Feb 2014
Sayo's downfall here does make me feel bad for her in a way. Considering how much she's struggling to perform well recently, taking some time off did help her to clear her mind. After visiting the magical girl exhibition centre and reminding herself of what she needs to do, she decided to take matters into her own hands and take on Baiser in a 1v1 battle.

The contrast between Sayo and Utena is interesting, as both of these girls were inspired by magical girls and were inspired to become one and while they're on different factions, you could say that their wishes came true. Still, despite this, Sayo ended up taking the defeat when she thought she nabbed victory against Baiser and got roped into another kinky moment that led to her mind break.

I will say that Utena's VA was in her element during this scene, not only from having Utena going psychotic when making a mockery of Sayo, but when Sayo ended up giving in to her temptation of horny, Utena was disgusted and didn't hold back her quiet, but sincere anger at Sayo before giving her a brutal verbal putdown before leaving. Honestly, seeing Utena this pissed off is scarier than Kaoruko losing her shit! XD

We also did get a short glimpse of the other evil magical girls of Enormita at the end, so here's hoping they'll get some decent screentime very soon.

The animation was average at best in a lot of scenes, but the detailed close-up shots during the fight between Sayo and Utena did make up for it. Overall, this was another satisfying episode.
Feb 14, 2:23 PM

Sep 2013
Actual plot development lol. Utenas voice actress is very good.
sic mundus
Feb 14, 2:25 PM

May 2015
Oh wow that last part was dark. Seeing all those broken magical girl gems.

I'm really curious how Azul is gonna recover from this. I'm sure she will recover and fight again as they still need the 3 v 3 and its just a matter of how she recovers. (Cause the root of the problem is with her masochist side)
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Feb 14, 2:32 PM

Jan 2014
And there we have it, the Magia Azul scene. It's a pity we had to get it in a rushed manner but I'm not complaining. Utena's voice actually became Magia Baiser for a few moments there. Spine chilling.
Feb 14, 2:46 PM

Apr 2022
After the disaster that was last week's episode, I'm very pleased with this one.
Feb 14, 4:36 PM

Apr 2022
azure service W but animation definitely took a fall recently.
Feb 14, 4:56 PM
Jan 2017
It has been a while since I have read the manga. The solo fight between Azure and Baiser played out differently in the anime. Azure utters one of my favorite lines in the manga. Perhaps this episode is not the scene I thought it would be from the manga.
In any case now the original members of Enormita have appeared. Including my favorite bickering pair, Nemo and Matama.

edit: Don't mind me. Azure's moment will come later.
Dreadogastus_FFeb 14, 5:31 PM
Feb 14, 5:02 PM

Jul 2022
The best episode so far. We see how conflicted Azure is because she has been losing her recent fights against Utena. This leads her to the decision to fight alone. Despite Azure fighting with all her might, Utena defeated her to the point where Azure was corrupted, and she was on the verge of joining the side of the villains.

This didn't sit well with Utena because, despite her masochistic tendencies, her reason for fighting and her obsession with magical girls since childhood is to test their will to resist evil.

In the end, we see other members of Enormita who seem to have defeated other magical girls.

I hope they give Azure a power-up.

Feb 14, 5:05 PM

May 2015
I feel like Baiser fills that Evil-Counterpart trope to a T. She wants to see the heroes she idolizes go through torment and get back up again, but to have them break and turn evil themselves??? She'd be out of a role!
Feb 14, 5:13 PM
May 2017
Reply to Embient
We got Suphur and Azure's little backstories, now we gotta see Magenta's.
Oh damn, they actually used production materials in the exhibition. This is kinda cool.
14:43 Coalesce - come together to form one mass or whole. New word learned today lol

Manga readers were hyping up this episode quite a lot, and they were right. The best episode so far probably. Baiser was amazing.
So I guess Azure is out of commission? Her heart thing was broken just like the ones shown at the end.

Btw idk about Tres Magia's mascot (Vatz), but "Venalita" (the evil mascot) apparently comes from Latin "Venalitas", meaning corruptible or bribable (from the wiki).
@Embient The Information Technology Professional's two cents:

SQL Server COALESCE() Function

:P
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Feb 14, 5:18 PM

Oct 2022
This was BY FAR the BEST episode!! CHIBI UTENA!!!!!!!!

Sayo/Azure is letting herself get molested by Enormita's monsters; while Sulfur and precious Magenta are fighting, I love how Sulfur yells at her "What the hell! Get your shit together!!" Even though it's not exactly the Japanese dialogue, it's still great dialogue.

Then there's a Magical Girl exhibition being put on at the mall, and Utena is nervously waiting in line, while Sayo approaches wondering what's up. What follows was really super strong characterization for this show:
It reminds me of that movie Unbreakable; where the villain is so passionate about heroes that he becomes twisted; and falls into evil... I love how they contrasted Utena's reaction to the Magical Girl movie vs Sayo's. There's an empty space beside Sayo so that's some really neat portrayal of her being alone, while Utena is sitting among other excited girls totally over the moon with delight and admiration at her favorite childhood hero.

It's also cool how they can go out and fight just by transforming and stepping out- they can just sense each other and Sayo becomes Azure & goes and stands in the park where they were just the other day- and Utena shows up as Baiser...
The way Utena acts is totally different, she's so overcome with fascination as she taunts Azure that she gets really into the fight and I love how she grins at her and her face gets super evil! But then when she's bound & gagged Azure suddenly snaps- and gives in to Baiser.... and the reaction to that is amazing.
Utena is becoming even more twisted and powerful, while Azure has broken. That lecture she gives Azure is ice cold and really nails her place as a villain- just like "Mr Glass" in Unbreakable- she is naturally disappointed seeing her hero fail- she IS NOT FIGHTING TO DEFEAT HER she is in love with Magical Girls and their heroism. Seeing Azure give in to her causes the most shocking revulsion in Utena, and her vocalist is just brilliant in how she delivers those vicious lines!
Seeing Utena after the fight, she looks sullen, her hero has let her down. That's an amazing moment. It's a really interesting story about heroism and antagonism.

I can't believe in an ecchi show how interested I got to find out what Utena and Sayo's destinies are 5/5
SuperAdventureFeb 14, 5:28 PM
Feb 14, 5:52 PM
Apr 2017
Now that is what I call character development, this was well done both by the voice actors and animators alike, perfect, just perfect adaptation
Feb 14, 6:04 PM
Aug 2022
Seeing Kiwi, Utena and Alice hang out was cute

Utena really has fully gotten into the role by this point and seeing her dogwalk Sayo in their fight was great. I’m guessing based of the end of the episode the magical girls heart badge breaking means they die or at least lose their powers.

I love that Utena knew she was going to far with Sayo and looked really pissed when Sayo started to show her lust towards her.

I really hope the other members of enormita ain’t annoying and don’t drag the show down at all. I’m loving this so far and every character so far is really lovable in their own ways.

For me personally Utena and Karuko are my faves I really like kiwi too, but their all amazing

Edit: props to Utena and karuko’s va’s they both have very distinct va’s and fit perfectly for their characters.
Feb 14, 6:14 PM
Jun 2022
Utena deep voice really hot
Feb 14, 6:39 PM

Feb 2011
What the hell is utena's end goal? Like, she tortures them in lewd ways... but doesnt want to actually defeat them?

Looks like the other evil magical girl squad has taken a couple magical girls out.. i wonder what'll happen from here.

As always, the BDSM scene in this episode had me able to cut diamonds out of sheer hardness

i was expecting Sayo's heart to crack and have her un-transform in front of utena, but oh well. Would've made for a good scene

10/10 /// AOTS.

Feb 14, 6:44 PM

Dec 2022
I really wanna binge some Precure with Baiser and geek out about our favorite villains
Feb 14, 7:55 PM
Oct 2022
The quality for the first half of the episode was noticeably bad. I wasn't even looking out for any awkwardness, and yet everyone felt like they were off-model, or the perspective for their faces was off, or something...
Feb 14, 8:27 PM

Apr 2023
I feel like Fuuka is finally coming into her element this episode. Her performance as Utena was lackluster in the first two episodes and she hasn't really shined since the Kiwi fight scene (other than the Nurse Alice scene where her ero voice really came through), but you could hear the disgust in her voice this episode and it was perfect.
There are no heroes left in man.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo ni Akogarete Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Softhenic03 - Feb 7

113 by nexolite1 »»
Yesterday, 5:28 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo ni Akogarete Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

IzanaSolos - Mar 27

130 by Jonas-K »»
May 10, 11:34 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo ni Akogarete Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 3

355 by DX_impulse »»
May 9, 9:43 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo ni Akogarete Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Feb 28

89 by Timetoaster »»
May 8, 7:01 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo ni Akogarete Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 17

142 by RetroxMG »»
May 1, 1:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.