Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Bottom-Tier Character Tomozaki (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 14, 4:36 AM

Nov 2011
Tomozaki taking on the role of a director for the festival...how interesting. This was almost like fate.

It also looks like the idea they went with turned out to be something more natural. Mimimi also getting more favorable treatment this episode with some delicous food, aka ramen. That girl never ceases to amuse me.
Stark700Feb 14, 4:42 AM
Feb 14, 4:57 AM

Dec 2021
The key visual makes a lot more sense now that we add this idea of taking everyone's photos.

As a member of the cultural festival organizing committee, Tomozaki is in charge of preparing for the event. When it comes to deciding on the play for the special stage, various ideas are proposed. Taking a bold step, Tomozaki suggests about doing something original. After a vote, it's decided that the play will indeed be an original production. Although Tomozaki's proposal is accepted, they find themselves taking on the role of director as the one who suggested it. Tomozaki also actively tackles the task Hinami assigned of "taking everyone's photos." On their way home after school, Tomozaki gathers their courage and invites Nanami to have ramen together.

Jeez, this episode was so cringy. That whole 'date' with Minami was just... awkward. I recommend having a cloth or a blanket nearby to cover your face for at least a minute during that scene. But hey, it was nice to see Kikuchi, best girl. Tomozaki and her have really come a long way since they first started talking in the series. And can we talk about Tomozaki's classmates? They're like NPCs, laughing at everything, even when it's not funny.

And a date with Mizusawa to an all-girls school? That's unexpected, to say the least.

Feb 14, 6:04 AM

Feb 2021
I'm shipping Tomozaki with Fuuka, but I really like Mimimi too, so this was quite nice. That was the most unnatural conversation ever though XD
Oohhh, a love triangle. This could be very interesting.
Really enjoyed this.

And oh yeah, Happy Valentine's!
Feb 14, 6:04 AM

Aug 2017
Ngl I wonder how Mimimi would feel is she found out that little "date" they had was because Tomozaki needing to complete a task. Hella awkward was it, poor girl has no idea why she was invited out. Also that reaction from Mimimi when Tomozaki said Fuuka wrote the script tells you everything.

Glad to see Fuuka getting out of her comfort zone and how Tomozaki motivated her.

Mizusawa was close to finding out those tasks, part of me thinks he saw a little of it. I'm looking forward to him and Tomozaki going to the cultural festival together, their interactions are always interesting.

Feb 14, 6:35 AM

Dec 2022
Ramen ko ikouze!

Tomozaki's doing good work with the culture committee, and Aoi's photo scavenger hunt continues. The "date" between Tomozaki and best girl Mimimi sounded promising, but then Tomozaki dropped his spaghetti and I died of cringe. After paying the resurrection fees, we see Fuuka making huge developments, getting her stories out for the first time and the opportunity to have one performed as a play.

You can really see the difference in personalities from these character interactions. Tomozaki has a much harder time talking to the upbeat Mimimi than he does talking to the blunt Hanabi or the shy Fuuka.
MALoween 2023 Candy: ///
Feb 14, 7:09 AM
Jul 2020
I love a lot the story beats that happened in this episode, that cute moment with Minami, Fuuka's growth, and the return of Tomozaki's big-brain ideas.

The one thing that just does not connect with me is the whole pinstagram thing. It feels unbelievably unnatural for the characters. You don't see any of the normies going out of the way to take these wacky pictures, and Hinami tasking Tomozaki with these different scenarios is a bit odd. My experience with people posting pics of people is just stuff taken at the moment with no prior planning. Hinami is having Tomozaki not do things at the moment but enter into unnatural situations.

It feels pretty clear in my eyes that the other characters are a bit put off by this Pinstagram arc, to the point where it causes Minami to get the wrong idea. I really hope this whole pinstagram arc doesn't stay a common thing in the rest of the series, at least not in its current cringy state.
Feb 14, 7:28 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm cafe's are always a delight to see during culture festivals. But Tomo being given the role of the director of an orginal play really was a surprise. Commitee member is a role that Yuzu would defo excel at. That moment when Mimimi was held by Tomo was sweet. As was their interactions at the shop. Though it proved bad for his heart at least Tomo managed to achieve two of his goals. Looks like Mimimi is rather shocked that Tomo was close to other girls other than herself. Considering their strong chemistry so far its got to hurt. The recon on Narita's school's culture festival should be interesting.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 14, 7:55 AM

Jun 2019
A lot of people found the ramen eating segment “cringey” but I thought it was hilarious.
Feb 14, 8:33 AM
Feb 2019
Tomozaki’s task for MiMiMi is going to give her the wrong idea bro was trying to hard. I know he’s new to what he’s doing but this one’s gonna be a hard pill to swallow later on.
Feb 14, 9:15 AM
Nov 2022
Uff...

Without a doubt the peak is coming, they have already given development to Mimimi and a little to Fuka, without wanting to do so Fumiya is managing to attract the direct attention of the 2 girls, I hope this develops very well.

I don't really care, either of the 2 girls could win and I wouldn't be mad, of course, I'll feel too sad for the one who loses in the end ._.
Feb 14, 9:34 AM
Jan 2022
I am really enjoying this series, I might even say its one of my favs this season. I love the cringe date, the MC feels really natural and I love seeing all the development This is the kind of substance I look for in a rom com. I am sad i have to wait another week!

I do forsee his "Quests" being revealed to everyone. If I were to guess someone forgets to erase the white board and mimimi sees it. It will probably be towards the end of the series where he has to confess his true feelings and intentions.

I am not sure who he will end up with yet, I see chemistry with all of them that could lead to it, but I will be happy as long as it does not feel forced.
Feb 14, 10:16 AM
Mar 2015
our boi makes progress on his date assignment while helping kinuchi with her writing by having her write the play
Feb 14, 10:38 AM
Aug 2022
I really hope there leading to tomozaki not choosing aoi. I think any of the other girls would be a better choice.

Idk why I get this weird feeling that mimimi might be falling for Tomozaki based of the way she reacted when seeing Fuka and tomozaki together.

I really hope one or two of the girls fall for him it would spice the story up a bunch
Phantom_373Feb 14, 10:50 AM
Feb 14, 10:44 AM
Aug 2018
I cringed so hard this episode. TF was that tomozaki.
Feb 14, 11:00 AM

Feb 2019
Mimimi and Tomozaki moments were so great in this episode 😩 bro doesn’t realise he has best girl right there

Yea their date was kinda cringe, but I’m proud of Tomozaki for making the most of it. Every time I see him come out of his shell like that I feel so much joy.

“I’ve always been afraid to leave my own world, I’m watching you go before me leaping from a lonely world to one that’s still unknown. I’d like to see that world too”

man, it’s great how people look up to Tomozaki and he doesn’t even realise it. Like he’s made a serious difference in the lives of both Fuuka and Mimimi and he doesn’t truly understand yet. With Fuuka, he’s given her an example of how you can go outside your comfort zone and connect with other people even if you’re an introvert. That’s something she’s clearly wanted to do, but it’s just hard.

Their meetings in the library have gradually been leading up to this! Having her write the play is perfect. Not only will it get her more involved with the class, but it’ll bring them closer too.

Idk, Mimimi still clears. She’s silly, fun to be around and has sex appeal, but Fuuka appeals to me with her innocence and just how cute she is. Two different types of feelings that just come down to preference. Can’t really go wrong with anyone in this series except Aoi 😂
Marinate1016Feb 14, 11:27 AM
Feb 14, 11:27 AM

Apr 2019
Tomzaki Wednesday is here, and the lad has made some progress on the photo list Hinami gave him.

Getting the photo of Tama making a face may have be the easiest thing he has ever done. But getting the photo of Mimimi eating ramen, oh good god.
It would've been so much simpler if he asked to take a pic of her when she was taking a bite of his ramen. Would've still been a bit weird to aks but since it seems like she's starting to notcie him more, I feel like she'd be fine with that. But spamming the capture button the second she starts eating is also one way to go about it.

I really like the scenes of Tomozaki and Kikuchi talking in the library. They've come a long way to being able to talk so openly with each other now.
And due to their bond of books, Kikuchi's story is now being used as the concept for the classes orginal play.

Looks like next episode will feature Mizusawa and Tomozaki taking a trip to check out the cultural festival at Gumi's school. So that sould be fun to watch.
Feb 14, 11:39 AM

Mar 2019
Minami bros eating good for once.
Fuuka bros feeling comfortable though...
Feb 14, 12:36 PM
Feb 2023
I'm looking forward to the new episodes every week... I was waiting for this episode for like 2 or 3 weeks and now it has finally come! I'm not gonna say the date was cringe, but i will say that after the date, when fuuka explained to the class that she wrote the story, the expression Mimimi made was really obvious. I wonder what she was thinking there.

Oh, and also, there is a scene where tomozaki compliments Mimimi about being light, that scene was just really cutee, the way that tomozaki holds Mimimi from her shoulders and the blush that both had were really sympathic...
Feb 14, 12:43 PM
Jun 2019
Lampblasted said:
Ramen ko ikouze!

Tomozaki's doing good work with the culture committee, and Aoi's photo scavenger hunt continues. The "date" between Tomozaki and best girl Mimimi sounded promising, but then Tomozaki dropped his spaghetti and I died of cringe. After paying the resurrection fees, we see Fuuka making huge developments, getting her stories out for the first time and the opportunity to have one performed as a play.

You can really see the difference in personalities from these character interactions. Tomozaki has a much harder time talking to the upbeat Mimimi than he does talking to the blunt Hanabi or the shy Fuuka.

"spaghetti" This guy right here officer
Feb 14, 1:41 PM

Aug 2014
Great ep, Minami first surprised by Brain's invitation and behaviour. She couldn't figure out is he hitting on her or being usual strange Tomozaki. Then she got jealous of Kikuchi :D so cute
that ramen part was really creepy :P:P:P
I think Mizusawa seen Tomozaki msg on phone or at least the sender ;p maybe he will show his ugly side now, like manipulate into some situation? Not that I want to..
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Feb 14, 2:00 PM

Mar 2016
Minami's face man... I knew my ship wasn't going to last.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Feb 14, 2:48 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Now this was a good episode for Valentine’s Day for the most part, especially for the bit with Mimimi. From the close and personal moment to the restaurant, it did seem almost like a date with Mimimi, I think that’s also the idea Mimimi was getting as Tomozaki was acting nervously, of course we know he was trying to think of a way to get a picture of her eating ramen but it didn’t look that way lol, and I’m kinda glad it turned out like this because it was both funny and cute stuff. And imo Tomozaki probably should have been more up front about wanting a photo than trying to sneak it but once again I did like the outcome.

And with it being decided that they’re doing a play for the festival, Tomozaki got some manuscripts from Kikuchi which was a great idea, and he ended up going with one she left in there on accident and wasn’t finished yet, her reaction was cute when she realized that lol. So now the plan is on for using Kikuchi’s story for the play and everything is looking good, it looks like Mimimi notices something going on between Kikuchi and Tomozaki tho, perhaps some tasty romance drama is coming. And next time we have an all girls school festival to look forward to at Gumi’s school who I’m glad to see again, this oughta be fun.
Feb 14, 3:39 PM
Jun 2023
Reply to CielIsAWeeb
A lot of people found the ramen eating segment “cringey” but I thought it was hilarious.
@CielIsAWeeb Same for me. The awkward "cringeyness" is part of what makes it funny. They also have good chemistry as a silly girl with a straight man for comedic purposes.
Feb 14, 3:50 PM
Jun 2023
Reply to TheMageDalamar
I am really enjoying this series, I might even say its one of my favs this season. I love the cringe date, the MC feels really natural and I love seeing all the development This is the kind of substance I look for in a rom com. I am sad i have to wait another week!

I do forsee his "Quests" being revealed to everyone. If I were to guess someone forgets to erase the white board and mimimi sees it. It will probably be towards the end of the series where he has to confess his true feelings and intentions.

I am not sure who he will end up with yet, I see chemistry with all of them that could lead to it, but I will be happy as long as it does not feel forced.
@TheMageDalamar Yes! Easily my favorite of the season. Substantial character development with good romance and comedy. A rare find in the genre these days. Dangers in my Heart is nice too, but the comedy is a little more miss than hit for me, and none of the other characters matter except our destined pair.

As a LN adaption you can see how Tomozaki gets closer to each girl as part of the arc of an entire book in the story. Each book contains an arc that focuses on both his personal growth as well as the growth of another character that he gets closer to. First Yuzu, then Mimimi, then Fuuka in the first season. Tama at the start of this season with Aoi mixed in throughout each arc. Now that he has spent enough time together with each girl for them to get to know each other he has to figure out which one he is interested in to potentially date and move forward from there.
Feb 14, 4:38 PM

Sep 2023
Getting better every week! Although that ramen “date” was pretty hard to watch 😅 Of course using one of Kikuchi short stories was natural once it was decided to do an original story for the play. Best girl Mimimi is even getting jealous over the attention Tomozaki is getting as director.
Feb 14, 4:59 PM
Jun 2023
Very fun episode. I laughed out loud at some of Mimimi and Fumiya's interactions. They were so cute together on this little "date". Poor Fumiya is still so clueless sometimes when it comes to these things, especially when it is part of a task from Aoi. Just makes it all the more funny seeing Mimimi's reactions as she ponders what the heck is going on!

Fuuka also gets some nice screen time as she tells Fumiya about how he has inspired her to come out of her introvert shell a bit by doing the class play for the cultural festival. Mimimi is noticing Fumiya more and also how close he is with Fuuka. Given her competitive nature will her jealousy spark something with Fumiya? Or will Fumiya get closer to Fuuka while working on the class play together?

Why not both?

Before we get to that though we have a little side quest for Fumiya with Takahiro as they go to Gumi's all girls school for their cultural festival. What misadventures await our protagonist as he tackles this high level dungeon? Looking forward to next weeks episode!
Feb 14, 5:46 PM

Oct 2014
Good episode, love the change from the boring Konno arc

Back to self improvement for Fumiya

Date with mimimi was cute but looks like shes getting mixed messages from Brain.

Fuuka opening up on her inspiration for the latest story shes working was also great.

Looks like its going to be Minami vs fuuka route, he’s too innocent to go after Yuzu whos taken, he doesnt really have great chemistry with Tama and He mostly views Aoi as someone he wants to beat.

And this is generally why i dont like watching animes with multiple love interest/harems cuz most of the time someone ends up getting left behind.

But the show gives me enough to keep watching. Just have to wait for the next episode
Feb 14, 6:41 PM
Apr 2023
Minami is dangerously riding the 'blue-haired' character role in romance setting (you know, people who get left-behind in love). But anyway, she really got curious with Tomozaki now and as we all know, curiosity can lead to something else in this types of setup, like she would now start to take notice of how Tomozaki moves and does things.
But Kikuchi is still probably a good match (unless she is just admiring Tomozaki's effort to make himself better).
And welp, Tomozaki is still too busy to think of romance, especially since he is somehow forced to think objectively about who he is most likely to 'pick' among the girls Hinami listed down for him.
Feb 14, 7:11 PM

Nov 2023
I liked this episode a lot.

We got a few moments with Mimimi and Fuuka, but I think Fuuka is the best for Tomozaki.

Tomozaki is also the director of the play, which is pretty cool.

Feb 15, 12:02 AM

Aug 2017
Date with Mimimi is the highlight of both seasons so far. At this point, she's clearly best girl. Followed by Yuzu. I'm not feeling it with Aoi or Fuuka. Tama is not even a contender. I could go for an MC x Erika match though, she's hot.

tekkenshu7 said:
Minami is dangerously riding the 'blue-haired' character role in romance setting (you know, people who get left-behind in love)

Yep. It's too bad she will get left behind, I presume. She's a keeper.

Marinate1016 said:
Mimimi still clears. She’s silly, fun to be around and has sex appeal

She would be an awesome gf. As long as she doesn't pull that emo stuff I recall from season 1.
CarbonMDFeb 15, 12:08 AM
Feb 15, 12:45 AM

May 2010
Mimimi>fuuka

Too bad there's no shot she's gonna win
Feb 15, 1:51 AM
Jul 2017
Rizz arc here we gooo!!

Mimimi shines nicely in this episode, really loved the unintentional rizz while they are in the ramen shop. Fuuka feels like your typical dandere, ngl I wish Tomozaki will end with Mimimi but we all know that blue haired waifus rarely wins...
XerusKunFeb 15, 1:55 AM
Feb 15, 3:12 AM
Dec 2022
Mimimi seems to be 'falling' for Tomozaki. Her reaction seeing how Kikuchi and Tomozaki look at each other kinda shows her envious of Kikuchi.
Feb 15, 6:07 AM

Jan 2013
Man tell me that Mimimi still has a chance of winning.
Feb 15, 8:43 AM
Oct 2019
I know author, I know you won't choose Mimimi, and I hate you for that, seriously, if he ends up with Aoi in the end I'll be extremely sad for that, literally the most boring one and with the most masks, really that she has a difficult past and bla bla bla, I don't care, she's the most BORING
Feb 15, 10:51 AM

Apr 2021
Reply to IzayoiSk
Man tell me that Mimimi still has a chance of winning.
@IzayoiSk spoiler
Feb 15, 12:42 PM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
Cliffhanger was the best part, girls school :O
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Feb 15, 12:42 PM

Feb 2016
This is one of the rare moments where I actually prefer the outgoing female character instead of the timid one.
I think Tomozaki will pick Fuuka given the writing's direction, but I hope Mimimi isn't hurt too bad.

Oh, and Fuuka's full-face blush was quite realistic!
You usually see anime characters' face go full red, but this anime doesn't exaggerate it.

YouTubeWeird Videos
Anime Edits
PixivSheetHost

"Salvation is a thin thread dangling from heaven."
- Mary ~ Death Mark

Feb 15, 6:19 PM

Sep 2015
Mimi was never gonna win anyway but yea that task was messed up, Aoi is... interesting

Also that date was sooo painful to watch, this anime has managed to get so many awkward scenes over all these episodes which is kinda unique lol

Feb 17, 9:01 PM
Dec 2014
-Tomozaki and Mimimi are way too perfectly awkward together. That moment where Tomozaki is holding Mimimi says it all. I will say, she's the best choice.

-Awkward date is full of spaghetti. I guess ramen in this case?

-Fuuka is not for Tomozaki. I'm working from Mimimi Gang here, so take my opinion with a grain of salt. That said, she's a great girl, but it's clear she value Tomozaki's opinions more as someone who is helping her work towards her dream than as someone she can see herself marrying. We all have someone like that in our life. Someone who helps us when we need that push and who always has our back.

-Aoi has been rubbing me all the wrong ways this season. I get her confronting Erika, but I agree with Tomozaki that she went way too far near the end there. I get wanting revenge, but nothing in that moment could have been even remotely satisfying. It just made me think Aoi kicks puppies in her spare time because they dared to bark at her.

-That look from Mimimi when Tomozaki mentioned Fuuka wrote the play. Our boy has best girl ready to pour her heart out with the right nudge and meanwhile he's focused on grinding levels. BRO DON'T GOT TIME FOR GIRLS WHEN HE'S REBUILDING ROME.

-Mizusawa is second-best girl only because Mimimi can get away with sexual harassment. Oh, who are we kidding? They'd both be serial sexual harassers and NOBODY would convict.

-I need the mp3 of Gumi's sleep sounds.
"Thorkell has no resistance to getting kicked in the f-in head. To be honest, neither do I." -Captain Mack

"You've faced many life-and-death situations. But that does not make you an adult. Finding more fallen-out hairs on your pillow, watching your favorite stuffed-bread disappear from the convenience store... the accumulation of those little despairs is what makes a person an adult."-Nanami Kento
Feb 19, 2:00 AM

Nov 2017
Mimimi greatness :) Tho sadly he's not gonna end up with her
Feb 20, 12:13 AM

Oct 2017
Cute Minami stuff and wait she got jealous there when Tomozaki said it was written by Fuuka? Hm? Tomozaki trying take Minami's picture was so cringe though, like man I had to pause a few times to watch that shit. Anyway Tsugumi's cultural festival next, good to have more her.
Feb 20, 4:45 AM

May 2015
Classical festival episode seen in so much school life animes.
Feb 20, 5:58 AM
Mar 2019
Tomozaki has it good...choose already, and save us from the suspense.
Feb 21, 10:56 AM

Sep 2016
Getting thrown into Mimimi's route so randomly...makes little sense lol.
bruh
Feb 21, 4:46 PM
Jul 2022
Great episode! Our boy got a confession! T^T
Feb 22, 6:29 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
That was probably the spiciest episode this season considering specially what that pseudo-date with Mimimi was all about. While I do feel like he had made enough progress with Kikuchi they are putting a lot of focus on the blue haired girl as a possibility. Could it be that His meetings with Aoi will be find out by the end and they'll have to discuss it.

It's cool to see that I'm quite not sure where this is gonna go now.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Feb 23, 9:38 PM
Jan 2018
Looks like the timid girl is in the lead
Feb 26, 8:21 PM
Jun 2019
The flirt with Nanami is beautiful
Feb 29, 5:18 PM
May 2020
doesn't feel as though tomozaki has the personality to be able to string two girls along
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Best Girl of both seasons.

Thyriad-oPPailov - Mar 29

23 by Talamare »»
Jun 7, 7:15 AM

Poll: » Jaku-Chara Tomozaki-kun 2nd Stage Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 27

145 by DazeFire »»
Jun 5, 5:41 PM

Poll: » Jaku-Chara Tomozaki-kun 2nd Stage Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 20

84 by DazeFire »»
Jun 5, 5:08 PM

Poll: » Jaku-Chara Tomozaki-kun 2nd Stage Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 3

76 by harman29oct2003 »»
May 22, 4:19 PM

» Is Aoi the end game?

Dragevard - Feb 9, 2023

12 by Mreci1 »»
May 4, 12:00 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.