Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 6, 9:05 AM

Apr 2021
https://twitter.com/SugoiLITE/status/1754776177917714483?t=PXd3ca4W-j_9RuAfbY9-9A&s=19

Welp they hated Nakayama out of this project, good job fellas.
Feb 6, 9:32 AM
Apr 2022
Unfortunate but at the same time it makes me happy that he can work on a project that doesn’t have awful conditions. This will still very likely get a great team, so I wouldn’t be too worried but yoshihara’s departure is a fairly big hit
Feb 6, 9:38 AM
Jul 2023
Season 1 was literally a direct adaptation of the manga. I really don't understand the people hating him and saying he changed the "feel" of Chainsaw Man 😂
Feb 6, 9:46 AM

Aug 2014
ButterworthBoys said:
Season 1 was literally a direct adaptation of the manga. I really don't understand the people hating him and saying he changed the "feel" of Chainsaw Man 😂

Idk as well. Shit was done amazingly and I can't see the problems for which the director could be hated so much.
Feb 6, 10:02 AM
Jul 2023
Reply to GTRaijin
ButterworthBoys said:

Idk as well. Shit was done amazingly and I can't see the problems for which the director could be hated so much.
@GTRaijin I watched the first season before reading the manga, so I was going into it, expecting it to feel very different. I was like, uhhhh, this is an almost perfect adaptation. I really don't get the controversy.
Feb 6, 10:19 AM
Jul 2021
I wouldn't worry about it. It's Mappa, they'll somehow find someone to do heavy lifting.When Park left people were so worried, only for Gosso to go super saiyan in 6 month production time
Feb 6, 10:47 AM

Apr 2021
Anime_Skaddiel said:
I wouldn't worry about it. It's Mappa, they'll somehow find someone to do heavy lifting.When Park left people were so worried, only for Gosso to go super saiyan in 6 month production time

Nobody was really worried because it was confirmed to be Gosso, and his portfolio was impressive. This time it's a complete Mystery box.
Feb 6, 10:50 AM

Jan 2009
mappa downfall? like no talented freelancers wanna work with mappa anymore?
Feb 6, 11:19 AM

Apr 2021
deg said:
mappa downfall? like no talented freelancers wanna work with mappa anymore?

Animation producers and connections between animators were the key to attracting good staff. Otsuka is forsaking both.
Feb 6, 12:00 PM
Mar 2021
ButterworthBoys said:

no the style was completely different, the anime was like watching something critically acclaimed while reading the manga was fun, I liked the anime but I loved the manga
Feb 6, 12:09 PM
Negator

Mar 2022
ButterworthBoys said:

It does have more of a western cinematic and “calm” direction to it, but as far as following content goes it’s pretty much picture perfect. Japanese fans expected something more in line with the exaggerated, chaotic nature of the paneling/character interactions, but instead got a more grounded, serious direction. I don’t agree whatsoever, but they are the only market that matters in manga and anime consumption, so they spoke out vocally and with their wallets, and got the change they wanted I guess.
Feb 6, 1:45 PM
Jan 2024
ButterworthBoys said:

I hope season two will be the same
Feb 6, 1:57 PM
Oct 2019
I really hope they don’t ruin the future of this series with Mappa things
Feb 6, 2:35 PM
Feb 2019
ButterworthBoys said:

My only real issue with the series was the pacing, but I don’t think that’s really much of a directing problem. The anime was amazing and I hope the second season won’t try and be a completely different thing from the first.
Feb 6, 2:40 PM
Aug 2023
well, his loss i guess
Feb 6, 2:45 PM

Feb 2020
This makes me sad, I liked that the anime had a distinct feel to it and didn't try to copy the manga in an uninspired way.
Rest in Piece, Miura.
https://i.imgur.com/HzfqYqS.png

Feb 6, 4:53 PM
Jul 2021
ButterworthBoys said:

it’s cuz they’ll cry at absolutely everything. I can point out a difference in that the manga portrayed a more dark and sinister vibe to it than the anime did. The way they went about presenting the vibe of the anime was slightly different but in many ways was a lot better than the manga. Plus tbh i think the fact the manga is literally in black and white made it way easier to portray that dark vibe anyway. It was a great adaptation but die hard fans will happily bully a director out of a job for the smallest insignificant thing and it’s just childish. These are one of the groups that watch anime that makes me less and less like the community (i’ve been apart of it for the best part of 6 years now and if anything it’s gotten worse). Even if it’s a minority they speak way to fucking obnoxiously.
Feb 6, 6:14 PM
Mar 2021
ButterworthBoys said:

you just get different vibes from the anime, more like watching a Hollywood movie it didn't felt weird or chaotic like manga did

but I think both Manga and anime are equally great just with a different vibes
Feb 7, 11:05 PM
Apr 2022
This is so good! The hype for this movie only seems to be getting bigger and bigger. Hopefully it won’t be a borefest and we’ll see lots of action and traditional animation.
Feb 8, 12:11 AM
Mar 2022
ButterworthBoys said:
@GTRaijin I watched the first season before reading the manga, so I was going into it, expecting it to feel very different. I was like, uhhhh, this is an almost perfect adaptation. I really don't get the controversy.

you can't judge if an adaptation is good if you haven't read the source material lmao, all you can say is that you enjoyed it and you don't know how the source material stacked up to it
Feb 8, 3:28 PM
Jul 2023
Reply to PeeBeeBoi
ButterworthBoys said:

you can't judge if an adaptation is good if you haven't read the source material lmao, all you can say is that you enjoyed it and you don't know how the source material stacked up to it
@PeeBeeBoi my guy, I was talking about going into the manga, expecting it to be different than the anime. I have read all of Part 1 of CSM, and I stand by my original comment.
Feb 8, 7:14 PM
Feb 2021
im sad we wont be seeing him return bc i loved what hes done for the anime so far, but maybe this new director will have a cool/fun way of adapting the manga as well
Feb 9, 4:11 AM

Dec 2021
why so much hate against the director? I personally loved the cinematic feel and had no major problems on how they directed it as a whole. I guess the hate is from the manga readers who can't let anime watchers enjoy a different way of the story.
Feb 11, 10:43 PM
Aug 2021
That's A Shame. I Loved The Movie Vibe Of The Anime And To Me, It's An Really Great Adaptation(I Was Reading The Manga As The Episodes Were Coming Out), Always Thought That The Hate Towards The Director Was Unjustifiablly Dumb

More topics from this board

» Crunchyroll awards

Naveen6662246 - Yesterday

11 by Naveen6662246 »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 27, 2022

986 by lcljosh »»
Yesterday, 7:38 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 25, 2022

860 by RafaKojiro »»
May 12, 8:59 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 18, 2022

1141 by Hasanzade_S »»
May 12, 6:41 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 1, 2022

783 by xriceball26 »»
May 7, 4:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.