Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 5, 7:58 AM

Nov 2011
It's amusing to see Minami trying to make chocolate especially during Valentine's week.

Lol, I can't help but laugh a bit at how Sayuri expresses herself this episode. She seemed way more anxious than usual. It's that time of the year. Tsubasa also demonstrated some of his piano playing skills which is surprisingly good. Hell, this episode definitely dropped some emotions.
Feb 5, 7:59 AM

May 2020
Oh so there are other people in their school except this guy and his two girls. I guess just a matter of time until they fall for this guy and get overwhelmed by his charisma, but yeah that is for later, as right now, being the uber cliche this series is, we saw an uber cliche event this episode too… the valentines day.

Can’t be surprised at this point when we saw these two girls making chocolates for this guy… I mean why should they lol, when it hasn’t even been two episodes since we saw him meeting the gamer girl, and barely four episodes since Fuyuki. Logic is down the drain, but that isn’t the only thing which made things worse here, I mean Fuyuki crying over her wasted chocolates, which obviously were meant for dude felt like a tryhard attempt to invoke some feelings lol.

Then that piano segment to make her feel good... I now know why there's a comedy tag in this series.
Feb 5, 8:27 AM

Dec 2021
A week in advance, but hey, it's that Valentine's vibe.

Tsubasa's classmates, who had come to karaoke, were getting excited about upcoming Valentine's Day discussions. Tsubasa, oddly reassured knowing that Minami didn't have anyone specific to give chocolates to, was part of the lively conversation. Despite claiming to have no interest in Valentine's Day, Sayuri, later on, coincidentally bumped into Minami while discreetly observing a Valentine's fair. Unable to shake Tsubasa's face from her mind, Sayuri ended up buying chocolates with Minami. Gathering her courage, Sayuri posed a certain question to Minami.

If you're a real gamer, why waste your money on chocolates? Spend it on games like you always do. Games won't break your heart, Sayuri. Sometimes, the journey toward love needs a little nudge from someone else. Imagine getting chocolate from a sweet girl and complaining right to her face – what a jerk move. Even if someone gave me a fun-sized candy bar, I'd appreciate it. What a mean-spirited person; they deserve a reality check.

Valentine's arc never end well in a love triangle; that's just how it goes.

Feb 5, 10:26 AM

Oct 2017
Feel bad for Fuyuki, she worked hard making those chocos but those were wasted. Felt bad watching her cry but Tsubasa was there to cheer her up and Sayuri too. Ending scene was wholesome.
Feb 5, 10:26 AM

Aug 2017
The way Sayuri threatened that guy made me laugh, girl was so nervous but at least it scared him off.

Man, I hate harems, I like em both but we need a wonder to see Sayuri win.
Feb 5, 10:37 AM

Jul 2011
Sayuri and Fuyuki checking each other intentions this whole episode.

4 sheets of baked goods and a cake. I would cry just for all the effort that was put.
Feb 5, 10:50 AM

Mar 2021
Felt so bad for Fuyuki when she accidentally ruined her homemade chocolate I just wanted to give her the biggest hug
Feb 5, 10:52 AM
Mar 2021
A feeling good anime but now I'm sad..
Feb 5, 11:48 AM

May 2019
I really doubt that all of Minami's chocolates were ruined, and even if some of them only had minor blemishes they would've been appreciated since they were homemade. Also, I liked the ending scene with Tsubasa cheering up Minami and Sayuri listening in (I'm glad there was no misunderstanding in Sayuri mistaking that Tsubasa made Minami cry).
Feb 5, 11:50 AM
Apr 2021
Man the Redhead dude thought he's gonna get every girls in school but didn't got the 2 most beautiful gals in his class. And on top of that sayuri warned him if he does something stupid to fuyuki then her heels gonna be in his face fr 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Feb 5, 12:02 PM

Dec 2022
many unforeseen things occurred but at least this will be a unforgettable experience anyway
valentine in irl is also near
feel free to give me virtual chocolates at least they wont get covered in soy sauce and milk
Feb 5, 12:08 PM

Jan 2023
Fuyuki might have put too much pressure on herself trying to satisfy everyone's expectations, maybe the downside of being a social butterfly like she is, but two people were right there for her when she needed it.
A really cute episode that shows she got herself two really great friends who genuinely care about her.
Their little choco party at the end was adorable!

Also, it was interesting to see the two girls trying to guess/check if the other one (also) liked Shiki.
MeguSae38Feb 5, 12:14 PM
Feb 5, 12:39 PM

Feb 2019
A very cute Valentine’s episode that honestly felt more like a Sayuri and Fuyuki ep than a Tsubasa one lol.

Loved seeing the girls bond over their shopping trip. Sayurin is such a tsundere at times so it must’ve been hard for her to straight up tell Fuyuki she wanted to shop with her. That look on her face was so cute! She definitely didn’t want to be alone.

Think it’s really cute how determined Fuyuki is to becoming friends with Sayurin too. She really wants to be fully accepted by her. So that phone call when they were making chocolates had to feel really nice. Too bad Fuyuki messed up the homemade cookies. Talking about Tsubasa is probably a topic they should reserve for in person since they get so nervous lol.

Homemade or not, the fact that someone thought about me enough to make chocolate for me on Valentine’s Day and bring it to school would put a smile on my face. But this loser classmate of Fuyuki who is not even her boyfriend or anything has the nerve to complain about it not being homemade lmao wtf?? So glad Sayurin put him in his place.

Seeing Fuyuki break down about the chocolates was sad, but as usual Tsubasa is there to pick her up when she needs it. Sayurin surprising her by handing her chocolates instead of Tsubasa was so cute! They’re already best friends lol. Tsubasa look of disappointment was hilarious, but of course she had some for him as well. Very wholesome love triangle rn lol.

Definitely getting better with each subsequent ep
Marinate1016Feb 5, 12:52 PM
Feb 5, 12:50 PM

Aug 2017
This show is awesome!

I love our kuudere (tsundere?) and her Russian jacket. MC is a heartthrob, pulling out the learning music by ear!

Harem ending please!

redorzo said:
Man, I hate harems, I like em both but we need a wonder to see Sayuri win.

I presume the pink-haired girl will soon enter the ring as well.
CarbonMDFeb 5, 12:57 PM
Feb 5, 12:57 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
The real romance is between Fuyuki ans Mayuri. Those two are so aware of each other all the time.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 5, 1:23 PM

Jan 2023
Yeah this is already up there in terms of fantastic romcoms for me. I like the characters, not having a dense MC, and the fact that you can really see the progression of the relationships between them. Tsubasa playing the piano was a really cute scene. So far this is a sleeper hit imo
死人に口なし
Feb 5, 2:03 PM
Feb 2013
The way my heart sank when Fuyuki knocked over the milk carton causing a chain of unfortunate events..I'm just glad she got to smile at the end. Overall this was another fun episode
Feb 5, 2:07 PM

Feb 2014
Fuyuki is a natural is karaoke, with how confident she is at singing. No wonder that her group had 9 people, including Tsubasa and Sayuri. It's still nice to see Sayuri opening up more as well. She might've been a bit awkward towards Fuyuki at the shopping mall, but the two had a nice time hanging out together in preparation for valentine's day.

Sadly, while talking to each other over the phone while cooking, Fuyuki made a huge mistake and knocked over a whole bottle of soy sauce over the multiple trays containing all of the chocolate bites and biscuits that she made, including a huge chocolate-shaped heart. Considering how many hours it would've taken to make all of that and for it to ruined in a matter of seconds due to an unfortunate mistake on your part, I can't blame Fuyuki at all for being heavily upset about this. She did her best in getting stored-bought replacement chocolate, but she couldn't prevent some recipients from being disappointed about not receiving homemade chocolate.

With that weighing her down, she couldn't stop herself from crying when she and Tsubasa were cleaning the music room together, as she explained it all to him. It did spur him to go over to the piano and play a rendition of the song that she sang at karaoke, since he knew it would cheer her up, which it thankfully did. =)

Sayuri also gave him praise since she listened in while out in the corridor, which had the episode end on a happy and wholesome note with the three of them happily eating their chocolate together, smiling. It might be a love triangle, but so far, this has been a wholesome one thus far. Hopefully this series will keep that feeling going for as long as it can, even when the final girl from the OP makes her entrance.
Feb 5, 2:25 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Nice intro to this episode featuring some karaoke goodness, Fuyuki can really jam, also nice horror themed location too, just need to bust out the Werewolves of London and we’re golden lol. And it’s valentines season in the world of Hokkaido girls, this means it’s time for our resident beautiful babes to make some chocolate, seems wholesome enough, not quite tho lol. Poor Fuyuki ended up fucking up all of her chocolate and had to settle for store bought stuff but it was very clear she was hiding her sadness.

And Tsubasa ended up being the one to see Fuyuki lose it, it makes sense that around him she wouldn’t be able to hold it in anymore, it was damn upsetting seeing our usually jolly Fuyuki in this state but Tsubasa ended up pulling out the magic finders and played a song that cheers her up on the piano that we learned about at the beginning of this episode, nice callback there, now I just need Tsubasa to learn Franklin’s Tower lol. And the final chocolate exchange between Tsubasa, Fuyuki and Akino was a great place to end on, Akino ended up saving the day bit herself there with the chocolate Fuyuki helped her make, I think she made up for Fuyuki’s blunder with that.
Feb 5, 2:46 PM

Sep 2018
That was a super cute episode, nicely played Tsubasa but Sayuri for the win...

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Feb 5, 2:50 PM

Jul 2022
Valentine's Day episode.

I love how Sayuri and Fuyuki, despite being different, are very good friends who support each other. It was a pity that the chocolates Fuyuki prepared were destroyed by an accident. The good thing is that Sayuri is there to defend her from the ungrateful ones, and Tsubasa, who surprisingly knows how to play the piano, is there to cheer her up.
Feb 5, 3:29 PM

Sep 2018
Even though I know there is only one canon answer, I'm still kind of on board with all established pairings – normalize solving love triangles with polyamory! Sometimes I feel like Sayuri and Minami have more romantic chemistry with each other than they do with the main character.
Feb 5, 3:44 PM

Apr 2022
Pretty well timed valentine episode, I wonder if the 9th one will be about white day
Feb 5, 3:51 PM
Jul 2022
I loved this episode
Feb 5, 4:17 PM
Nov 2023
TheColonel76 said:
Nice intro to this episode featuring some karaoke goodness, Fuyuki can really jam, also nice horror themed location too, just need to bust out the Werewolves of London and we’re golden lol. And it’s valentines season in the world of Hokkaido girls, this means it’s time for our resident beautiful babes to make some chocolate, seems wholesome enough, not quite tho lol. Poor Fuyuki ended up fucking up all of her chocolate and had to settle for store bought stuff but it was very clear she was hiding her sadness.

And Tsubasa ended up being the one to see Fuyuki lose it, it makes sense that around him she wouldn’t be able to hold it in anymore, it was damn upsetting seeing our usually jolly Fuyuki in this state but Tsubasa ended up pulling out the magic finders and played a song that cheers her up on the piano that we learned about at the beginning of this episode, nice callback there, now I just need Tsubasa to learn Franklin’s Tower lol. And the final chocolate exchange between Tsubasa, Fuyuki and Akino was a great place to end on, Akino ended up saving the day bit herself there with the chocolate Fuyuki helped her make, I think she made up for Fuyuki’s blunder with that.

Of course Fuyuki can sing, she’s Ran Mitake from Afterglow, literally the best vocalist on earth (imo)
What a way to open the episode ❤️❤️❤️
Feb 5, 4:23 PM
Oct 2019
cool episode, but I think they still had time for her to make more chocolates to at least give to both of them, but it was cool, I just thought the piano entrance was kind of out of nowhere? kind of cool what he said afterwards, but it was so out of the blue
Feb 5, 5:04 PM

Jul 2011
This episode was a 10/10
Feb 5, 5:07 PM

Apr 2022
ah damn the valentine's episode and chocolate problems.
Feb 5, 5:22 PM

Nov 2011
When that fucking CLOWN said he was disappointed not getting homemade chocolates from Fuyuki I wanted to punch him in the face....THANK GOD I wasn't the only one.
SAYURI THE GOAT!!!!

Great episode.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Feb 5, 5:25 PM

Sep 2023
Obligatory Valentine’s Day chocolate prepping episode! It was so sad when Minami drenched all the cute chocolate in soy sauce 😭
Feb 5, 5:28 PM
Nov 2018
God, finishing a food project only for it to get ruined SUCKS. So much effort, time, and materials gone! And she's right, whatever she salvaged would just feel subpar. And it seemed like it was already late at night so she couldn't buy more ingredients or pull an all-nighter making more. I would definitely have cried multiple times.
I'm impressed Minami didn't take out any frustrations on the one dumbass who complained (even more impressed Sayuri chewed him out like that. Imagine the quiet girl in class's first words to you are "TALK SHIT, GET HIT." Humbling.)

Tsubasa is a good boy, definite boyfriend material (playing her favorite song by ear to cheer her up! wtf you sweetheart!), but I'm invested in Sayuri's and Minami's budding friendship and I hope they don't end up driven apart trying to compete for him. Yes, it's a romcom and polyamory is not the solution to everything, but they deserve better.
Feb 5, 6:49 PM

Nov 2023
A nice Valentine's Day episode.

It was sad how all of Minami's hard work was ruined, but at least Tsubasa was able to cheer her up.
Feb 5, 7:07 PM

Nov 2021
mann i fr felt bad for fuyuki she was trying her best
Feb 5, 7:22 PM

Jul 2017
Karaoke with Fuyuki and some classmates, both Tsubasa and Akino are like first-time comers in this group gathering, though when it comes to Valentine's, the girls giving out obligatory chocolate seems to be the norm. But deep within the rece sses of the heart, the latter wants to give him some chocolate, and thus, she sneaks out...only to get found by Fuyuki getting ingredients for her making chocolate, more important than her games. It feels like Akino is checking Fuyuki on her feelings about Tsubasa, and secretly, they're still on the cusp about who goes first. Fuyuki teaching Akino how to make handmake chocolate, and while the former is quite the craftswoman, within the midst of confession, she has all of her chocolate and cookies wrecked...what to do?

Out of options, Fuyuki gives everyone packaged chocolate, and Matsuo really got the scare from Akino criticizing her chocolate. Of course, how could Fuyuki hold her emotions of handmade chocolates that she wanted to share with everyone, and coupled with her recklessness and personality, she really did it onto herself. Tsubasa, only being able to play her a piano rendition of her favourite song she sung at the karaoke place, she still got chocolate from Akino eitherway, and Tsubasa as expected...buddy chocos.

From Super Bitter, to Super Sweet.
Feb 5, 8:11 PM
No.1 Nahida Simp

Jan 2017
Painful to see a cheerful waifu crying. Damn that red haired guy, he really needs some beating.
Feb 5, 8:30 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Did not expect to get some your lie in april at the end there, nice

Love triangle where? All I see are three friends who will always be there for each other.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Feb 5, 8:48 PM
Mar 2015
Its choco party time
Feb 5, 10:29 PM
Mar 2020
The girls are getting along, but they seem to be starting to maybe see themselves in competition. Shiki killed it on the piano. And I learned about Royce' Chocolate World at the New Chitose airport. Huzzah.
Feb 6, 12:04 AM
Sep 2021
Fuyuki & akino both have a crush on Tsubasa, but both have yet to acknowledge it. But Fuyuki loves him more based on the time they have spent & how they are closer than others & also it was a nice friend bonding moment for the three f them in this episode. Interested to see where this love triangle goes from here.
Feb 6, 12:14 AM
Apr 2013
EP 5

And thats literally the whole ep
Somehow every ep is weird like this, where it just ends.
I think uhm. there were some small cuts but like ep 3 this was one continuous ep for the most part
We get to see minami and sayuri and tsubasa this time. interesting to say, even if for the most part.
Feb 6, 12:43 AM

Oct 2020
The ending was so wholesome with both Sayuri, Minami and Tsubasa eating their chocolates together.
Feb 6, 1:22 AM
Apr 2018
Reply to BetaMaleUltra
Did not expect to get some your lie in april at the end there, nice

Love triangle where? All I see are three friends who will always be there for each other.
@BetaMaleUltra
Feb 6, 1:44 AM

Apr 2013
This episode was so wholesome!!!

The Valentines treats looked so good...... Fuyuki is so talented.

And I loved Sayurin in this episode!!! I really like the character developments so far.
Feb 6, 3:47 AM
Dec 2022
Valentine Day episode. Will Tsubasa be getting any chocolate? If yes, from whom? Sayuri or Minami? Perhaps both. Tsubasa is piano man!
Feb 6, 5:02 AM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Reply to FutoiOtaku
TheColonel76 said:

Of course Fuyuki can sing, she’s Ran Mitake from Afterglow, literally the best vocalist on earth (imo)
What a way to open the episode ❤️❤️❤️
@FutoiOtaku
That’s really cool, no wonder she sounded so good
Feb 6, 5:36 AM
Oct 2019
I actually forgot Ayaneru can sing as well..

Oh my god the Valentine Incident..

Glad it all ended up with some wholesome moment.
Feb 6, 7:15 AM
Nov 2023
Ninibear said:
This episode was so wholesome!!!

The Valentines treats looked so good...... Fuyuki is so talented.

And I loved Sayurin in this episode!!! I really like the character developments so far.

Oh! Is that meant to be a threat? She can pound me whenever she likes 😂 Maybe the translation is a bit too easy to misinterpret…
Feb 6, 9:08 AM
Sep 2023
This anime just keeps getting better.. Like, this turned out to be way more wholesome than expected!
Feb 6, 9:19 AM
Nov 2022
A very sentimental episode, but nevertheless:

The origin of chocolate dates back to ancient Mesoamerican civilizations, particularly to cultures such as the Olmecs, Mayans, and Aztecs in what is now Mexico and Central America. These people consumed a thick, bitter beverage made from cocoa beans, which they considered sacred.

The Olmecs were the first to cultivate cocoa around 1500 B.C. in the tropical region of Central America. Subsequently, the Maya adopted the cocoa tradition and developed a way to process it to make a beverage called "xocolātl," which means "bitter water" in the Nahuatl language.

The Aztecs also valued cocoa and considered it a food of the gods. They introduced additional ingredients like vanilla and chili to their cocoa beverage.

Europeans, led by Spanish explorers, arrived in the Americas in the 15th century and encountered cocoa. They soon brought cocoa to Europe, where its flavor was adapted to European tastes by adding sugar and other ingredients. This marked the beginning of chocolate's popularity in Europe and its eventual global expansion as a cherished and desired food. ☝🤓
Feb 6, 12:47 PM
Feb 2021
This episode was 8.5/10
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dosanko Gal wa Namara Menkoi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 25

112 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 7, 3:27 AM

Poll: » Dosanko Gal wa Namara Menkoi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 18

104 by TechOtaku »»
May 4, 7:24 PM

Poll: » Dosanko Gal wa Namara Menkoi Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 19

73 by TechOtaku »»
May 4, 4:20 PM

» Tsubasa's Personality

FiddlePie - Jan 27

39 by TechOtaku »»
May 3, 2:32 PM

Poll: » Dosanko Gal wa Namara Menkoi Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 22

89 by TechOtaku »»
May 3, 1:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.