Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Sign of Affection
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 4, 12:01 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Nagi: "Don't do anything weird"

Itsuomi: *proceeds to put his nuts in Yuki's mouth*

NYANPASU
5700XT

Feb 4, 12:21 AM

Apr 2015
Still find it a bit weird how head-over-heels Yuki is for Itsuomi in such a short amount of time (yes yes he's a green flag, but like, everything?? already?? lol) and I wish she has more character to her other than thinking "Itsuomi this, Itsuomi that" all the time, but otherwise a very enjoyable and cute episode. Yuki's small laugh is definitely the highlight. The misunderstanding with the rival girl is such a tiring shoujo trope but it looks like they're already going to clear things up in the following episode, so as long as the execution is good then I'll be satisfied. But with all this happening when they're not even together, I do hope they each talk about their stance on how they feel about each other some time soon.

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Feb 4, 12:38 AM
Mar 2022
Reply to Xiao
Still find it a bit weird how head-over-heels Yuki is for Itsuomi in such a short amount of time (yes yes he's a green flag, but like, everything?? already?? lol) and I wish she has more character to her other than thinking "Itsuomi this, Itsuomi that" all the time, but otherwise a very enjoyable and cute episode. Yuki's small laugh is definitely the highlight. The misunderstanding with the rival girl is such a tiring shoujo trope but it looks like they're already going to clear things up in the following episode, so as long as the execution is good then I'll be satisfied. But with all this happening when they're not even together, I do hope they each talk about their stance on how they feel about each other some time soon.
@Esmera don't worry!
both Yuki and itsuomi will get to know more about each other soon.
Oh and next episode is going to be the

So please look forward to it!
Feb 4, 12:52 AM

Mar 2008
Such a cute episode.

Yuki's laugh is definitely adorable. I would have keeled over from cuteness if I was Itsuomi. Although feels a little soon to be that touchy it was cute Itsu tried to tickle her to get her to laugh again.

Im finding more of these signs cute. I noticed the sign for "fun" or 'happy" looks like a hand gesture of tickling yourself or maybe skipping? Just like how the sign for "cute" represents a headpat. The one for "everything" I understood without it having to be explained.

Was pretty funny seeing Emma fail at her attempt to get Yuki to react to what she said not realizing she's deaf and left with only the scorn of Itsu lol I do feel sorry for Emma a bit though since she seems desperately in need.

Did he kiss her hand or just place his face near it? o//o

Marinate1016 said:
Wait! The reveal that Yuki family don’t even speak sign language is crazy. Her parents didn’t make an effort to learn sign language to communicate with their own daughter? I mean yea communicating thru text or lips will get a quick message across but that’s got to feel so isolating if you’re Yuki. You can never truly express your emotions that way..

There was a thread on the topic early. In short, it's kind of the norm.
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2140138
Feb 4, 12:54 AM

Feb 2019
traed said:
Such a cute episode.

Yuki's laugh is definitely adorable. I would have keeled over from cuteness if I was Itsuomi. Although feels a little soon to be that touchy it was cute Itsu tried to tickle her to get her to laugh again.

Im finding more of these signs cute. I noticed the sign for "fun" or 'happy" looks like a hand gesture of tickling yourself or maybe skipping? Just like how the sign for "cute" represents a headpat. The one for "everything" I understood without it having to be explained.

Was pretty funny seeing Emma fail at her attempt to get Yuki to react to what she said not realizing she's deaf and left with only the scorn of Itsu lol I do feel sorry for Emma though more than I do Oushi.

Marinate1016 said:
Wait! The reveal that Yuki family don’t even speak sign language is crazy. Her parents didn’t make an effort to learn sign language to communicate with their own daughter? I mean yea communicating thru text or lips will get a quick message across but that’s got to feel so isolating if you’re Yuki. You can never truly express your emotions that way..

My cousin is deaf and her parents and siblings all know sign language. Everyone I know that’s hard of hearing or deaf has people around them that speak sign language. Idk what doctor that one dude in that thread is referring to but that’s def not encouraged in the United States at least. That doesn’t even make sense. If your kids deaf, they’re deaf. You need to be able to fully communicate with them.
Feb 4, 12:59 AM

Mar 2008
Marinate1016 said:
My cousin is deaf and her parents and siblings all know sign language. Everyone I know that’s hard of hearing or deaf has people around them that speak sign language. Idk what doctor that one dude in that thread is referring to but that’s def not encouraged in the United States at least. That doesn’t even make sense. If your kids deaf, they’re deaf. You need to be able to fully communicate with them.

Yeah I dont know. It might have been at some point. Japan has a tendency to be a few years behind the US on various things. The only deaf people i've known I never got to know them very personally so I don't know what their families did nor at the time would i have ever thought of asking something like that.
Feb 4, 1:27 AM
Mar 2022
Marinate1016 said:
traed said:
Such a cute episode.

Was pretty funny seeing Emma fail at her attempt to get Yuki to react to what she said not realizing she's deaf and left with only the scorn of Itsu lol I do feel sorry for Emma though more than I do Oushi.

well Yuki did said "it varies from family to family"
so 🤷🏻‍♂️

Feb 4, 1:29 AM

Feb 2019
kisaragi_eki said:
Marinate1016 said:

so 🤷🏻‍♂️

If she was deaf from birth I see no acceptable excuse as to why you as a mother wouldn’t learn sign language. If she became deaf later as a result of infection ok that’s different.
Feb 4, 1:37 AM
Mar 2022
Marinate1016 said:
kisaragi_eki said:

so 🤷🏻‍♂️

If she was deaf from birth I see no acceptable excuse as to why you as a mother wouldn’t learn sign language. If she became deaf later as a result of infection ok that’s different.

Here is Yuki parents reason why they didn't use sign language.
This scene is when

kisaragi_ekiFeb 4, 2:34 AM
Feb 4, 2:18 AM
Jul 2020
COMMUNICATIIONNN
Yaaaaaa
Feb 4, 2:23 AM

Mar 2011
Me (next time I’m trying to flirt): “Did anyone ever tell you they get tired when they are with you?”
This could be an insult as well but it’s also kind of cute…

Am I the only one who ships Kyoya and Rin super hard? They are cute together and I can’t believe Rin said that and either Kyoya knows or he is super oblivious to her feelings. Either way they had dinner together.

When Itsu tried to tickle Yuki I thought that I’d have killed him like a hundred times… But Yuki doesn’t seem to mind and I really like how they are so cute together *-*. I mean… Itsu gets kind of touchy but Yuki seems more used to it now. Also it was adorable when they were sitting together, writing on the pizza box and then on the notebook together to get to know each other. I really hope Yuki will feel confident enough to use her voice in front of Itsu.

Not Ema interrupting and becoming a more unlikable character >.<. But I love Rin for shipping Yuki and Itsu so hard <3. She’s such a great friend *-*. And the ending was cheesy but also very cute and I don’t know why this anime makes me feel very single (but I don’t know if I’m alone with this) :D
You're the light shining over The black and gloomy nights
So long I've been waiting To run into your arms
Oh, my only one desire You're the one I need
Through the thousand years ~ Evermore

"Midnight Sun" by AleXa

Feb 4, 2:53 AM

Jun 2021
Itsu and Yuki moments peaking as always. Emma kinda weird, being that pretty I would never beg for someone's attention like that, especially with all those signals that Itsu is clearly not interested, gotta have more confidence in herself. Overall a great episode
Feb 4, 3:30 AM
Feb 2022
It's cool, I hope there's no dispute over Yuki, I don't like that.
Feb 4, 4:34 AM
Apr 2021
i loved it, every second of it
Feb 4, 7:45 AM
Oct 2019
God damn i wish i have the amount of rizz that Itsuomi had.
It should've been me, not HIM!!

Omg why is always Nao Touyama that voicing this type of girl? LMAO
Feb 4, 8:25 AM
Aug 2023
Itsuomi is soo cute with Yuki !
Feb 4, 8:41 AM
Sep 2012
Wow! Where's your boundaries grrrl?
"I wanna do things to you, how far can I go?" Certainly not healthy to basically say "You can do anyything."
Arggghhh!
Feb 4, 9:15 AM
Oct 2019
It's really cute to see the two of them together, but this Emma is already irritating me, my God girl, realize he doesn't want anything to do with you, move on, life goes on
Feb 4, 10:03 AM
Jan 2022
SO CUUUTTEEEE!!!!! loved this episode with them communicating through the notebook and the sunset scene >___<
Feb 4, 11:23 AM
Nov 2022
Wtf why so much development in a single episode? It doesn't bother me, it's just strange that there is so much in these types of stories, I love that.
Feb 4, 12:00 PM

Sep 2018
Rin is the true MVP, saving us from all that clichey romance drama bullshit by forcing the leads to communicate their feelings before the 10th episode. Itsuomi should tell Yuki the truth about Emma already. And get a restraining order on that girl while he's at it...
Feb 4, 12:01 PM
May 2021
God bless the writer of the manga and the animators
Feb 4, 3:55 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
Emma finally met Yuki and now the drama begins. Yuki is convinced that Emma and Itsuomi dating. This episode was great. Let me be your sky 🌌
Feb 4, 4:48 PM
May 2017
Reply to kisaragi_eki
@leonardobarba oh that..I think the anime will show what happen after Itsuomi kiss Yuki hand in episode 6!!
If you don't have any patience to wait...here is some of the scene from the manga!
So please look forward to next episode! 😏

@kisaragi_eki (wide smile)
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Feb 4, 5:02 PM

Jan 2022
Idk, but I find it kinda fucked up that her family didn't learn to sign to properly communicate with her. That makes me sad. In way that makes me feel for Oushi even more, since he's the only one who Yuki has ever properly communicated with. That breaks my heart for him too. He had his chance though /:

Emma really was a cockblock and had to intrude at the worst possible time ugh. Emma tried so hard to make Yuki feel bad but that plan failed miserably because Yuki can't hear. Get wrecked. Poor Yuki misunderstood the situation, rightfully so, but that was still sad to see. Thankfully things cleared up in the end.

Itsumoi is so damn smooth, holy heck. The way he looks at Yuki makes me melt. He cares so much about her too which is so sweet to see. I love everything about this man. I'm sure Itsu is going to try to get Yuki to talk to him and hopefully, Yuki will be more confident and not self-conscious about the way her voice sounds. Yuki had the cutest laugh and Itsu loooved it! I need more episodes pleaseeeee! My heart can't wait another week.
This never updates so that's cool
Feb 4, 5:40 PM
May 2016
goooooooooooooood
Feb 4, 6:20 PM
Jul 2021
cooldogmom said:
Idk, but I find it kinda fucked up that her family didn't learn to sign to properly communicate with her. That makes me sad. In way that makes me feel for Oushi even more, since he's the only one who Yuki has ever properly communicated with. That breaks my heart for him too. He had his chance though /:

Emma really was a cockblock and had to intrude at the worst possible time ugh. Emma tried so hard to make Yuki feel bad but that plan failed miserably because Yuki can't hear. Get wrecked. Poor Yuki misunderstood the situation, rightfully so, but that was still sad to see. Thankfully things cleared up in the end.

Itsumoi is so damn smooth, holy heck. The way he looks at Yuki makes me melt. He cares so much about her too which is so sweet to see. I love everything about this man. I'm sure Itsu is going to try to get Yuki to talk to him and hopefully, Yuki will be more confident and not self-conscious about the way her voice sounds. Yuki had the cutest laugh and Itsu loooved it! I need more episodes pleaseeeee! My heart can't wait another week.

Totally agree, imagine not learning sign language for your daughter lmao

Great episode. I love the pacing the show goes at and how we are also getting time to see Rin pursue Kyouya. Can’t wait for the next one
Feb 4, 6:38 PM

Sep 2023
Emma really went for broke here, little did she know that Yuki couldn’t hear her… besides that, a very cute and very wholesome episode like every week.
Feb 4, 8:12 PM
Dec 2020
I THOUGHT SOMETHING WOULD HAPPEN BUT OMG, it ends well.. no problem at all. the misunderstood are all clear... i guess... BUT ITS CUTE?
Feb 4, 8:39 PM

Oct 2022
Every episode be making me wiggle my toes uncontrollably
Feb 4, 9:20 PM
Mar 2022
Reply to cooldogmom

@cooldogmom I did give the reason why Yuki parents didn't use sign language if you want to know
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?goto=post&topicid=2144255&id=70539825
kisaragi_ekiFeb 4, 9:43 PM
Feb 4, 10:23 PM
Jan 2021
I love how wholesome everything is, the art, the characters and how they interact. It’s a bit slow paced but endearing to watch. Watching Itsoumi and Yuki I can’t help but smile :)
Feb 4, 11:35 PM
Jul 2021
Do you guys think itsuomi noticed that yuki saw, emma giving him the key? I'm guessing he haven't, otherwise he would have clarified.

For now I think itsuomi really likes her but I hope his character won't progres into that cliche type where he would completely abandon her for "his dreams"
Feb 5, 1:55 AM
Dec 2022
This romance is so nice and it is good to see such a well done slice of life romance anime. Both Itsuomi and Kyouya are such great guys.
Feb 5, 2:53 AM
Mar 2022
Reply to moonjar
Do you guys think itsuomi noticed that yuki saw, emma giving him the key? I'm guessing he haven't, otherwise he would have clarified.

For now I think itsuomi really likes her but I hope his character won't progres into that cliche type where he would completely abandon her for "his dreams"
@moonjar oh itsuomi will take care of that immediately in episode 6
and itsuomi is serious about yuki!
He even
kisaragi_ekiFeb 5, 7:51 AM
Feb 5, 3:29 AM
Jan 2017
had enough of handsy ikemen fooling around with innocent deaf girl who apparently wants it so it's okay. consent be damned.
Feb 5, 7:17 AM
Mar 2022
Reply to alveolate
had enough of handsy ikemen fooling around with innocent deaf girl who apparently wants it so it's okay. consent be damned.
@alveolate huh..since when itsuomi is fooling around with yuki???
He is serious about Yuki!!! Itsuomi would never do something like that if he didn't have any interest in someone.
Stfu if you don't have anything nice to say.
Aren't you have no shame when you talk shit about itsuomi for no real reason?
Yuki is fine with it. That's her choice.
Tf is wrong with you talking like that.
if the author see your comment.. the author probably be pissed because of how dumb you're comment is.
and here some of the information about itsuomi and Yuki from the author interview.

There must be something wrong with you...idk why you're taking shit to itsuomi and Yuki...😧
and are you talking shit about Yuki and itsuomi on purpose??? I'm just asking. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Like there is no reason for you to talk shit about itsuomi and Yuki..😧😦
kisaragi_ekiFeb 5, 7:56 AM
Feb 5, 8:22 AM

Apr 2016
ITSUOMI DRIVES ME CRAZY. Yuki is so loved, getting this lovely treatment from the one she loves. I love these two so much

Feb 5, 8:59 AM
Mar 2022
Reply to LupaTheWolf
ITSUOMI DRIVES ME CRAZY. Yuki is so loved, getting this lovely treatment from the one she loves. I love these two so much
@LupaTheWolf Same!!! 😭♥️
Feb 5, 9:00 AM
Mar 2022
Reply to SenseiSempai-san
This romance is so nice and it is good to see such a well done slice of life romance anime. Both Itsuomi and Kyouya are such great guys.
@SenseiSempai-san ikr!!!
Feb 5, 9:03 AM
Mar 2022
Reply to Gabrigunga
It's cool, I hope there's no dispute over Yuki, I don't like that.
@Gabrigunga Oh don't worry about that!!!
itsuomi will immediately deal with the misunderstanding in episode 6! 😭👍🏻
kisaragi_ekiFeb 5, 9:07 AM
Feb 5, 1:34 PM
Sensei

Sep 2012
Emma was foul for that interference, so glad that Yuki only caught the key exchange. The barrier crossing with Emma is so wild, I would be running from her if I were Itsuomi. Looking forward to finding out why he actually puts up with her nonsense.
Feb 5, 5:57 PM

Jul 2016
Personal space was violated multiple times this episode. But of course it's okay as long as it's with perfect ikemen Itsuomi-kun. "Zenbu", huh? Jesus...

On a side note, the fact of Yuki's mother never learning sign language for her daughter honestly baffles me.
Feb 6, 2:49 AM

Sep 2014
Reply to SouthRzVa
Personal space was violated multiple times this episode. But of course it's okay as long as it's with perfect ikemen Itsuomi-kun. "Zenbu", huh? Jesus...

On a side note, the fact of Yuki's mother never learning sign language for her daughter honestly baffles me.
SouthRzVa said:
Personal space was violated multiple times this episode.
this is bothering me a lot because she is not really into it, idk. I mean she likes him yes but I feel he is taking advantage of it and also taking advantage of her shyness. I want to like this anime but he is just a creepy dude honestly.
Vide cor Meum
Feb 6, 5:43 PM
Mar 2022
Accord2 said:
SouthRzVa said:
Personal space was violated multiple times this episode.
this is bothering me a lot because she is not really into it, idk. I mean she likes him yes but I feel he is taking advantage of it and also taking advantage of her shyness. I want to like this anime but he is just a creepy dude honestly.

This is from the author interview.

And why TF you assume that itsuomi is taking advantage of Yuki shyness??????
LIKE WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU?
ALSO WHY DO YOU EVEN SAID THAT ITSUOMI IS CREEPY???
THAT'S VERY RANDOM.
AS YOU KNOW THIS IS LIGHTHEARTED ROMANCE.
I REPEAT THIS IS A LIGHTHEARTED ROMANCE!!!
THIS ANIME IS A WHOLESOME/FLUFFY ROMANCE.
WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU?? 😒
STOP MAKING A FALSE AND WEIRD ASSUMPTION ABOUT ITSUOMI FOR NO REAL REASON.
AT THIS POINT YOU JUST HATE ITSUOMI ON PURPOSE.
THERE IS LITERALLY NO REAL REASON FOR YOU TO DONT LIKE ITSUOMI
🤦🏻‍♂️

kisaragi_ekiFeb 6, 11:26 PM
Feb 7, 3:51 PM

May 2023
The two main characters are very cute together, but I find the anime very slow and boring in some episodes... this is ruining it a bit.
Feb 7, 7:20 PM

Dec 2022
I feel sorry for that hair stylish dude... getting friend zoned is hard on anyone.

Feb 8, 5:18 AM
Feb 2015
"How far can i go", oh my so bold of you Itsuomi XD. Not to mention they both alone in his house. Also Yuki pureness to said All of it. If this is not shoujo i would think this would escalate quickly. At this point they effectively confess to each other with the romantic cues in the air.

Poor Emma and Oshi their crush have gotten alltogether now. Ngl i feel a little uncomfortable with how itsuomi is clingy to Yuki and their proximity, even his friend admit they never see him like that and the episode kinda implicitly tell that puppy reminds Oshi of her, so is Yuki like a pet or what to these guy? hmm
Feb 8, 8:05 AM

May 2023
@kisaragi_eki

yes, but in kimi ni todoke several things happen to delve deeper into the characters.
Sawako and her friendship with her friends begin to unfold in episode 3
In this anime in question they are 5 episodes in without being able to focus or delve into any character, they are all shallow and I can't really say where the anime is going.
Yes, there are several cute moments...but I don't know, so far I'm finding it slow in these parts, it's as if they were just trying to force cute moments for lack of anything else to put in, there's no twist or anything. Something that usually exists in most shoujos.
Both my boyfriend and I watch the anime together and we think it's pretty weak, that doesn't mean it's bad.
Feb 8, 9:33 AM
Mar 2022
jumbosan said:
"How far can i go", oh my so bold of you Itsuomi XD. Not to mention they both alone in his house. Also Yuki pureness to said All of it. If this is not shoujo i would think this would escalate quickly. At this point they effectively confess to each other with the romantic cues in the air.

Poor Emma and Oshi their crush have gotten alltogether now. Ngl i feel a little uncomfortable with how itsuomi is clingy to Yuki and their proximity, even his friend admit they never see him like that and the episode kinda implicitly tell that puppy reminds Oshi of her, so is Yuki like a pet or what to these guy? hmm

itsuomi find Yuki
as a kind,cute and pure person.
Isn't that pretty obvious? 😐
oh..but itsuomi think of yuki more than that. 😏
unlike oushi tho..he find yuki as a cute and weak cause she's deaf like-
and he also thought that Yuki world is limited just because yuki is deaf.*sigh*
I have nothing to say about oushi anymore.
kisaragi_ekiFeb 8, 10:08 AM
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yubisaki to Renren Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 23

195 by brii_23 »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Yubisaki to Renren Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 27

126 by Phixiately »»
May 11, 7:24 AM

» About OST

demonaman293 - May 1

1 by RaVeN_Mortus »»
May 1, 4:30 PM

» SEASON 2???!!

kisaragi_eki - Apr 9

18 by Vicky9anime »»
May 1, 1:45 AM

Poll: » Yubisaki to Renren Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 16

116 by bucciest »»
Apr 30, 4:56 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.