Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Sign of Affection
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 27, 5:58 AM

Nov 2011
A shopping trip this episode gave everyone chances to make some memories. While Yuki and Itsuomi are still the main focus, it's nice to see others getting ther own moments too.

I think it's great that Yuki got to know Itsuomi more even if their relationship is progressing kinda slow.
Jan 27, 5:58 AM

Dec 2021
I'm starting to like Oushi a bit, but there are still moments when he really pisses me off.

On a holiday, Yuki, Itsuomi, Rin, and Kyouya decide to go shopping for the store together. Yuki, excitedly wondering what to wear and carefully doing her skincare routine, can't contain her anticipation. On the day of the outing, while riding the train to meet the other three, Yuki happens to share the ride with Oushi. When Oushi sees Itsuomi's face as he comes to pick up Yuki from the station, for some reason, anger flashes across Oushi's expression.

Shadowing really works, helping you remember a language. Essentially, you become like a shadow of the person you're imitating. Yuki is taking her skincare routine so seriously, and that animation of Shin cutting hair was something else. The "you're heavy" part, just let Yuki be, she's not your property. Describing it as "roadkilled" is pretty funny, and everyone's reactions are just so lols. Kyouya and Rin being happy totally reflects me, but I really hope they end up together.

Well, at least Yuki is grabbing a bite with Itsumoi, even if it's at his place.

Jan 27, 6:00 AM

Feb 2021
6:41 daaamn, this is some good hair cutting animation
14:57 -st! (please someone get this reference)
19:13 I like this line because ่ท็‰ฉ (nimotsu) can mean both "luggage" and "burden". So it can also mean "you're not a burden".
I'm loving their chibi versions with huge eyes lol
Both couples making progress this episode, nice. Oushi's triggered.
EmbientJan 27, 6:34 AM
Jan 27, 6:08 AM
Aug 2022
Shoujo Anime/Manga Is a Peaceful Bliss. ๐Ÿ˜Œ
Jan 27, 6:09 AM
Feb 2021
Rin and Kyouya are the cutest in this ep!! Especially, they are in sync giving the same sweet response to Yuki and Itsuomi ๐Ÿค— I love them ๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿฅฐ
Jan 27, 6:10 AM
Jul 2023
Never thought an episode about going to fictionalize Costco can be this cute, every interaction are meaningful and it such a joy to watch.
Jan 27, 6:29 AM
May 2022
Hm Kyouya noting Itsuomi has some baggage with Emma earlier in the episode and then Itsuomi saying Yuki isn’t baggage after that joke. Maybe looking to hard into that connection. I feel like I wasn’t this annoyed at this Oushi in the manga. Maybe it’s the difference voice acting does because he seems even more pushy.
Jan 27, 6:30 AM
Dec 2020
Itsuomi and Oushi showdown!!!

Itsuomi held Yuki's hand all the way to the car.

I melted at the way he called her name <3
Jan 27, 6:37 AM
May 2019
I feel for Shin. Emma is so dense. ๐Ÿ˜ญ
Jan 27, 6:41 AM

Mar 2021
Rin and Kyouya were so cute together and it was adorable how Itsoumi called Yuki over in the store
Jan 27, 6:42 AM

Apr 2022
gotta respect itsuomi, man left emma and went straight to kyoya's. a wild oushi spotted just when she was hoping against it. itsuomi stood on business though, intense aura from oushi but he won in the end. really liked the bit with the four of them just hanging around, their reactions to itsuomi holding yuki's hand killed me lol. itsuomi tryna wingman rin lmao and well, that worked and he got both pairs to win.
Jan 27, 6:45 AM
Nov 2019
eps jalan jalan double date
My Candies :
Jan 27, 6:58 AM

Apr 2010
Well the trio seemed to be successful but now going to his house might cause some problems.
Oushi is really jealous which might cause some problems in the future there is also Ema how will she react to Yuki.
Guess next week should be interesting.
Jan 27, 7:09 AM
May 2021
I can get where Oushi is coming from but he’s fighting a losing battle nonetheless.

Also there’s no better date in the world than a Costaco date! Seriously those giant Tiramisu are quite good especially for how reasonably priced they are.

But ofc the highlight of the show was once again those damn chibis. AHHH ๐Ÿ˜ญ

Jan 27, 7:22 AM

Jul 2017
Too bad Emma, your chances with Itsuomi are lined down to zero with the sign language guide given to him from Yuki.

Rin is getting along with Kyouya, but she still is nervous, and needs help from both Yuki and Itsuomi to measure her feelings. That said, Itsuomi crashing at Kyouya's place, he instinctlvely knows, and Itsuomi agrees to following her, making it a double date situation that has Yuki feeling butterflies in her stomach. Emma however, requests time out with Shin for some booze, knowing her situation with Itsuomi and giving her all of his time as a fellow friend. But as luck would have it, Yuki going to meet Itsuomi, she has to coincidentally meet Oushi along the way, but she practically avoided him in order to meet said guy, which after a sign language warfare, Itsuomi puts his words at Oushi's mouth, as a way to declare war on him for Yuki.

Itsuomi reassures Yuki that she has nothing to worry about in the feud between guys, and that has Kyouya worried of Itsuomi's popularity for the females that he ends up rejecting each and every one of them...except Yuki. It's kinda hilarious to see both Itsuomi and Yuki already progress that far, leaving both Kyouya and Rin speechless, though Kyouya still needs help in the daily needs of the bar and Itsuomi learning more sign language from Yuki in the meantime. Even voices can sound different, and his sweet, low voice as an affection to Yuki, reassures her heart all the more. Rin, clearly not having more Kyouya time, Itsuomi clearly senses this and gives her free space, leaving both Yuki and Itsuomi together coincidentally also.

Yuki having a meal together with Itsuomi at his place...he's already taking it to the next level...!?
Jan 27, 7:30 AM

Mar 2021
Oushi both acts like a kid and treats Yuki like she's a kid, obv she doesn't like him :P

Ugh the one-way pining trope: Emma likes Itsu, Shin likes Emma. Obv Emma and Shin will end up together, but I wonder what the spark will be that makes Emma like Shin romantically :)

Of all the places to go shopping, the group hits up Costaco!! Aw it would've been funnier if they got free samples, but I like how they were amazed at all the super-size portions—that's bulk for you. Itsu even found The Tiramisu Cake. All that's missing was the famous $1.50 hot dog combo XD
Jan 27, 7:41 AM
Sep 2021
Yuki, itsuomi & their friends go out for shopping & have a great time with each other companionship. Also while leaving, they go their separate ways & itsuomi invites yuki for dinner at this place.
Jan 27, 8:05 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Rin looks like she's going steady with her crush. Shadowing defo is a useful skill. Yuki's comparison of Oshi and Itsuomi lol. As was the former's sense of jealousy at the station. Despite Kyoya's concerns looks like Itsu's feelings for Yuki might be genuine. Nice parody of Cosco though. That sure was a nice assist for Rin on Itsu's part. Curious to see how Yuki would react to seeing his place.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 27, 8:15 AM

May 2015
Everything goes smoothly. too smoothly. It is kinda nice, they like each other from the get-go, but I miss the obsessiveness, the inner-turmoil, the emotional ups and downs that love can make someone feel.
Jan 27, 8:41 AM
Sep 2020
I wanted to vote 5 but ended up voting 1๐Ÿ˜ญ and yeah it's the best anime of the season for me
Jan 27, 8:45 AM
Oct 2019
cute, cute, cute, cute, cute, I want to see more, aaa please Itsuomi-san
Jan 27, 8:51 AM

Dec 2022
well now she has to go to his house how does bro do it
i cant even make girls give me their numbers rather inviting them to my place
Jan 27, 9:00 AM

Feb 2019
Need Yuki to drop the skincare routine lol

Oushi is so damn annoying man. He just can’t accept Yuki living her life and getting outside of her comfort zone. You had all these years to make a move and you wait till someone comes along to apply pressure. You snooze you lose. Everything with him is so forced, whereas with Itsuomi it’s just natural.

Speaking of Itsuomi, that stare off in the metro station was hilarious. Itsuomi really stood on business lmao. Walking off with his arm around her. Really asserted his dominance. Bro basically said idc how long y’all been friends, she’s mine now ๐Ÿ˜‚

Handholding?? How lewd! Itsuomi making sure Yuki didn’t get hit by a car was sweet. Such a gentlemen.

A cotsco shopping trip date is the most realistic shit I’ve ever seen in a romance anime tbh. The double date was so cute and just a fun vibe for both couples.

“Everything he says shoots me right through the heart. What kind of voice did he say that in” ๐Ÿ˜ญ love that scene so much. Being able to understand tone is definitely something we take for granted. For someone who can’t hear, it’s got to feel a little awkward to not be able to get those contextual clues about how someone’s feeling. Last week or the week before, we saw Oushi do the angry style signing, so it does exist in sign language and I wonder what tone Itsuomi’s sign language will take.

“Next time I travel I’ll pack you in my baggage” so damn cute. I’d love to see a Yuki and Itsu trip somewhere.

Yuki thinking she’d been rejected on the dinner proposal only to get invited to Itsuomi house lol. I can’t wait for next week, this is going to be so fun.

Another great episode of the best show of the season.
Marinate1016Jan 27, 9:34 AM
Jan 27, 9:28 AM
Nov 2020
i haven’t watched the episode yet but i just wanted to say how amazing this show is. it’s just such a wholesome romance and it fills my heart up
Jan 27, 9:44 AM

Oct 2020
Itsuomi is a surprising man to take an extra steps to invite her to his place than she thought.
Jan 27, 9:52 AM

Mar 2010
Well poor shin… if he likes Emma.

I honestly have more fun watching the side characters then the mc lol

Jan 27, 9:58 AM

Sep 2014
Unpopular opinion but this show was promising at first but is kinda losing me after this episode

Itsuomi just rubs me the wrong way and is such a boring character Imo and Yuki is head over heels for him for some reason, I Just don't understand their dynamic at all tbh. Rin and Kyouya are a much better couple to me.

I also hope Oushi starts acting less childish towards Yuki and starts making her look at him because she seems a bit dense to notice his feelings especially after that train scene, plus Itsuomi seems a bit too confident atm

I'll keep watching for the side characters and hopefully the main couple will grow on me
Jan 27, 10:01 AM

Feb 2014
I never would've expected my self to say that the best part of this episode was the double date trip to a Costco of all places, but I definitely do now! I haven't been to a real one myself before, but I did enjoy seeing the group checking out the catering-sized products on offer, like the huge tub of tiramisu that Yuki was fascinated with.

This was a successful trip, as Rin and Kyouya are getting along better now, although I can relate to Rin about how the nerves can get the better of you at times like these. The progression between Itsuomi and Yuki has also been going smoothly, too. Now he's invited her over to his place to have pizza together, so I do look forward to seeing how she'll handle this development next time. =)

As for Oushi, you can tell how he cares for Yuki, but his over protectiveness doesn't help him, which did lead to a staring stand-off between him and Itsuomi, with the ticket barrier separating the two. I can only hope that he'll accept what Yuki wants to do and mellow out more.

Emma still remains a concern, as was shown with her chat with Shin at the beef restaurant that she doesn't want to give up on Itsuomi. I can only see more drama on the horizon here, which is a good thing if done well.
Jan 27, 10:19 AM
Sep 2023
Really wholesesome & funny
Jan 27, 10:56 AM
Sep 2016
The amount of friend-zones in this EP is off the charts!!! Last I heard they just elected Shin-chan as the Supreme Leader of the zone, for he is the most experienced of all in the way of the Friend-zone.
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Jan 27, 11:02 AM

Apr 2023
I'm rooting for these girls! Love their friendship and the chibi faces! Not a big fan of love triangles though, so I hope we'll get those out of the way soon ๐Ÿ˜…
Jan 27, 11:47 AM
Apr 2021
The fact that Costco made an appearance had me screaming
Jan 27, 12:13 PM
Dec 2020
oushi is a jerk

yuki's a pushover but the chemistry between her and ishi is working overtime this ep
Jan 27, 12:32 PM
Jul 2021
I liked getting to see Itsuo and Kyouya’s perspectives in this episode. It feels like they have the same conversations as Yuki and Rin but with the usual cryptic subtlety men have around their feelings.

Oushi continues to be a little runt. I wonder if he’ll have any redeeming qualities or if he’s just going to antagonize Yuki the entire time.
Jan 27, 12:56 PM
Feb 2021
I love how Itsuomi seemed a bit jealous of Yukis childhood friend. I think he still doesn`t know that he is falling for her, but I hope he realizes it soon.
Emma/ Ema is a bit annoying. Why doesn`t she get, that Itsu doesn`t like her that way. I believe he told her clearly, that he doesn`t feel the same for her. She should respect that
Jan 27, 12:56 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
I have a soft spot for second male leads, but man, Oushi needs to tone down his antagonism and attitude.

Haha I liked it when Rin and Kyouya made shocked faces when Yuki and Itsuomi were holding hands.
Btw was Rin wearing clip-on earrings? That’s cute. :)
Jan 27, 1:02 PM
Nov 2019
This show should come with a warning for diabetics. It's just way too sweet. And those chibi shots with the big eyes...

Hopefully they don't turn up the drama with Oushi and Emma.
Jan 27, 1:02 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
Reply to -Tomo
Unpopular opinion but this show was promising at first but is kinda losing me after this episode

Itsuomi just rubs me the wrong way and is such a boring character Imo and Yuki is head over heels for him for some reason, I Just don't understand their dynamic at all tbh. Rin and Kyouya are a much better couple to me.

I also hope Oushi starts acting less childish towards Yuki and starts making her look at him because she seems a bit dense to notice his feelings especially after that train scene, plus Itsuomi seems a bit too confident atm

I'll keep watching for the side characters and hopefully the main couple will grow on me
@-Tomo I feel the same about the main couple. Itsuomi seems to want to be close to Yuki but at the same time he feels distant to me. It feels one-sided, as if he just wants her close enough to be friends. It probably has something to do about his mysterious past and dreams but yea, kind of weird.
Jan 27, 1:25 PM
Jun 2023
loving the adaptation <3
Jan 27, 2:22 PM

Jun 2012
every week I'm anticipating a new ep, it's great

simple, sweet and adorable that just fills your heart

i got some 2nd hand embarrassement when Rin was panicking in the car tho ngl, because of how relatable it is xD

I ended up starting to learn some JLS thanks to the show, unsure when will I ever use it but it is a start at least lol (who knows i might learn some ASL as well after a while)

- I only draw freestyle! -
Jan 27, 3:03 PM

Apr 2013
I don't feel bad for the childhood friend, he has scum behavior towards his friend u.ú

.·:*¨ ๐•พ๐–Š๐–™ ๐•ธ๐–Š ๐•ฑ๐–—๐–Š๐–Š - ๐•ต๐–Š๐–˜๐–˜๐–Ž๐–ˆ๐–† ๐•ต๐–š๐–“๐–Œ ¨*:·. ๐“†ฉโ™ก๐“†ช
๐Ÿฌ:๐Ÿฑ๐Ÿฑ โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ใ…‡โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ ๐Ÿฏ:๐Ÿฎ๐Ÿฒ
โ†บ¹ |โ— โ–ถ โ–ท| โ‹ฎ≡
Jan 27, 3:52 PM
Dec 2022
They went to Cosco and didn't even get the churros! How can I call this peak.
Jan 27, 4:39 PM

Sep 2017
Nothing like going on a costco run with the squad lmao. This show really loves to cuck some mfers. The "rivalry" over Yuki is pretty cringe
Jan 27, 5:09 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
With this being my first shoujo I was scared, because I didn’t know how I was going to feel going into it, but it’s fantastic. Yuki x Itsoumi are a wonderful pair and bring out the best in each other. This episode was great and I’m looking forward to next weeks ๐Ÿค—
Jan 27, 5:12 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Now that was a 5 second episode, I checked the time when I thought I was half way through but there was like 4 minutes left lol, this show is doing things right. Of course this was another great one, I liked the aspect they brought up in this one that the way you say things can imply your feelings and that was something Yuki hadn’t ever thought of, this caused her to wonder how Itsuomi has been saying her name every time, if only she knew lol.

And we got another bit with Oushi, and I do kinda get where this lad is coming from when he gets upset over Yuki going with Itsuomi, it does seem kinda sketchy from his POV lol. And the whole shopping trip was really sweet, I like how Rin’s goal of getting closer to Kyouya kinda became watching Itsuomi and Yuki instead lol, and Itsuomi ended up inviting Yuki on one of his overseas trips which would be cool to see, makes me wonder if that’s something we might see within this season. And we got a nice little cliffhanger there with Yuki getting invited to eat at Itsuomi’s place, I see only good times afoot, there’s a chance of drama as always tho lol.

And as a final note, I added a “sta!” at the end of Rin saying “Let’s go!” almost instinctively because of Dark Gathering lol, miss that show already.
TheColonel76Jan 27, 5:23 PM
Jan 27, 5:35 PM
Aug 2016
RAHHHHHH I LOVE THEM I NEED MORE RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 27, 5:46 PM

Apr 2016
Reply to IzanaSolos
I'm starting to like Oushi a bit, but there are still moments when he really pisses me off.

On a holiday, Yuki, Itsuomi, Rin, and Kyouya decide to go shopping for the store together. Yuki, excitedly wondering what to wear and carefully doing her skincare routine, can't contain her anticipation. On the day of the outing, while riding the train to meet the other three, Yuki happens to share the ride with Oushi. When Oushi sees Itsuomi's face as he comes to pick up Yuki from the station, for some reason, anger flashes across Oushi's expression.

Shadowing really works, helping you remember a language. Essentially, you become like a shadow of the person you're imitating. Yuki is taking her skincare routine so seriously, and that animation of Shin cutting hair was something else. The "you're heavy" part, just let Yuki be, she's not your property. Describing it as "roadkilled" is pretty funny, and everyone's reactions are just so lols. Kyouya and Rin being happy totally reflects me, but I really hope they end up together.

Well, at least Yuki is grabbing a bite with Itsumoi, even if it's at his place.
@IzanaSolos

"I'm starting to like Oushi a bit, but there are still moments when he really pisses me off."

"The 'you're heavy' part, just let Yuki be, she's not your property."

I genuinely need elaboration on these two statements.
Jan 27, 5:48 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Haha i can't stop laughing seeing how Rin and Kyouya priceless watching both Yuuki and Itsuomi can be that close and enjoy their own world. Its like parents watching their kid grows up and do their romance shit. Especially since Kyouya worry about Itsu dumping another woman, and Rin worry her precious friend might gets hurt somewhere. But really they need to take care of their own relationship first than jumping on to another fixed train, and that's why episode nail the entertainment aspect neatly, at least to me....

I don't have much to say about Oushi. His role sealed the deal from the beginning, nothing to care more about his glare. But still curious about how he moves on, and else regardless. Same with my Nao character, which, i must be honest here, not really suited well with my expectation. But eh? Its already good enough to hear her said that baka scream. This is a win-win episode.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jan 27, 5:48 PM

Apr 2016
The Oushi hate is unbelievable to me.
Jan 27, 5:49 PM

Nov 2023
Gonna start digging Oushi's grave early, he has no chance. He is, unfortunately, not the ML.

Other than that, a very nice episode, with some cute moments with Yuki and Itsuomi.

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yubisaki to Renren Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 24

108 by pillowofwinds »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » Yubisaki to Renren Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 17

104 by pillowofwinds »»
Yesterday, 9:50 AM

Poll: » Yubisaki to Renren Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 10

143 by pillowofwinds »»
Jun 4, 5:46 PM

Poll: » Yubisaki to Renren Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 3

129 by pillowofwinds »»
Jun 4, 5:25 PM

Poll: » Yubisaki to Renren Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 23

196 by Hachimitsuchan »»
May 14, 1:51 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.