Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 24, 9:33 AM
Oct 2022
I've started watching Demon Slayer recently and love the show so far, but I'm not a fan of gore. Thankfully the gore so far hasn't been that frequent or bothersome (since it's so stylized and lacks any real detail), but while watching episode 10 I found Susamaru's death a bit too much for me. Does the gore/body horror get much worse than Susamaru's death? If there are a lot of scenes like that I may not continue, but I really do want to.

I'm fine with decapitation, limbs being sliced off, people getting holes through them, but I can't handle anything super disturbing or graphic (like that one scene where Muzan melted the woman in the alley to mush). Anything involving people being crushed, eyes ripped out, organs, bones, melting? I read somewhere that someone's face is ripped off? If you could let me know that would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 24, 9:47 AM
Jul 2015
it can get pretty gnarly at times for sure. I'd say if you're struggling with it this early on then it's probably not for you as it gets a lot more intense.
Jan 24, 9:47 AM
Jul 2015
it can get pretty gnarly at times for sure. I'd say if you're struggling with it this early on then it's probably not for you as it gets a lot more intense.
Jan 24, 9:49 AM
Apr 2017
Its not gore. Demon slayer is cool. That cant be called gore.
Jan 24, 9:51 AM
Apr 2017
not watching demon slayer because “its gore” is pretty dumb imo, you dont know what real gore is. plus its anime so chill
Jan 24, 10:13 AM
Apr 2023
There are a few moments where they play on body horror and mutilation a bit which seems like what you're getting at maybe? If so Entertainment District might be a skip season but I would definitely urge you to try and push through!
Jan 24, 10:14 AM
Apr 2023
rcozm said:
not watching demon slayer because “its gore” is pretty dumb imo, you dont know what real gore is. plus its anime so chill

yeah lmao i want to see him say that after reading berserk
Jan 24, 10:15 AM
Apr 2023
rcozm said:

Jan 2009
the gore while many is not that bothering to me as a gore hater myself too
Apr 2023
rcozm said:

Apr 2023
rcozm said:

Jan 24, 10:16 AM
Apr 2023
rcozm said:

Jan 24, 10:23 AM
Nov 2022
rcozm said:

Don’t let this guy read Dorohedoro lol (that one and berserk are the goriest I’ve read)
Jan 24, 10:28 AM
Nov 2022
If this is gore to u then maaaaan. Kids in japan watch demon slayer. Id suggest not watching much anime lol.
Jan 24, 10:29 AM
Nov 2022
If this is gore to u then maaaaan. Kids in japan watch demon slayer. Id suggest not watching much anime lol.
Jan 24, 10:37 AM

Jan 2021
I understand that it's stylised in a way that anyone can bear with it but if you find some moments from the first 10 episodes to be disturbing then I think you will probably find a few more such moments later on. Especially the last episode of S1.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Jan 24, 10:44 AM
Aug 2022
GoCrayzee said:
I've started watching Demon Slayer recently and love the show so far, but I'm not a fan of gore. Thankfully the gore so far hasn't been that frequent or bothersome (since it's so stylized and lacks any real detail), but while watching episode 10 I found Susamaru's death a bit too much for me. Does the gore/body horror get much worse than Susamaru's death? If there are a lot of scenes like that I may not continue, but I really do want to.

I'm fine with decapitation, limbs being sliced off, people getting holes through them, but I can't handle anything super disturbing or graphic (like that one scene where Muzan melted the woman in the alley to mush). Anything involving people being crushed, eyes ripped out, organs, bones, melting? I read somewhere that someone's face is ripped off? If you could let me know that would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

I mean it’s very gory for sure but demon slayer has a perfect stylisation to we’re the gore is covered quite nicely and doesn’t really show much detail.

The thing about someone getting there face ripped of if I remember correctly that was somewhat censored. They just showed blood on the floor nothing else really.

There are definitely a lot of gore moments but it’s very dialled down compared to other shows with gore. But it’s still there.

I’d still recommend watching it though, just push through the gore as much as possible

Without spoiling much here are a few examples
but demon slayers art style allows most these moments to be not that gory cause of the less detail, but if your sensitive to gore you probably won’t like it.

But again I seriously recommend pushing through
Phantom_373Jan 24, 10:51 AM
Jan 24, 10:56 AM
Apr 2017
hes trolling guys chill, look on his mal
Jan 24, 10:58 AM
Oct 2022
Reply to rcozm
@rcozm I knew I couldn't say I don't like gore without someone criticizing me for it. Why can't you just let me be? If I can't handle gore then I can't handle it, there's nothing I can do about it.
Jan 24, 10:59 AM
Oct 2022
Reply to rcozm
hes trolling guys chill, look on his mal
@rcozm How am I trolling?
Jan 24, 11:03 AM
Oct 2022
Reply to LillyTheHoover
@LillyTheHoover I grew up without any exposure to blood or gore in media (wasn't even allowed to play T rated game until I was 13 lmfao), so I'm pretty sensitive to it now. I've become less bothered in the past few years by blood and gore but I still can't handle excess amounts or much body horror.
Jan 24, 11:42 AM
Jun 2022
It’s an entry level anime. Typical shounen. Decent gore.
Only blood flowing you will see. Nothing much.
Jan 24, 11:50 AM
Sep 2022
GoCrayzee said:

my guy you watched one punch man and one piece which had ALOT of gory moments yet u can't take the gore in demon slayer 😭
Jan 24, 12:00 PM
Oct 2022
Reply to Mr_Sai
GoCrayzee said:

my guy you watched one punch man and one piece which had ALOT of gory moments yet u can't take the gore in demon slayer 😭
@Mr_Sai Yeah, OPM did have gore but idk why it didn't bother me (a character in the manga was ripped in half after their head was crushed in, yet that didn't phase me one bit...). I think I was bothered by Susamaru's death because an arm came out of it's mouth, so it was more a body horror thing than a gore thing for me. If the arms came out her stomach but not the mouth I wouldn't have been that bothered by it. I want to continue but I don't really want to see more body horror like that (involving heads, faces, eyes, mouths, and disfiguration). I've seen clips of Muzan killing the lower moons and I didn't mind that since it wasn't too detailed. I'll probably just push through the body horror.
Jan 24, 1:07 PM

Mar 2021
what? demon slayer isn't gore
Jan 24, 2:18 PM
Mar 2022
GoCrayzee said:

You would not be a fan of re zero, chainsaw man, or Jujutsu Kaisen. Demon slayer is very low on the gore scale.
Jan 24, 2:19 PM
Mar 2021
It does get a tiny bit worse not by a large degree but if you think you can't handle it then probably don't watch it.
Jan 24, 2:53 PM

Aug 2020
Not so much. There is a scene that Tanjiro throws up his bowels after a fight with an oni. Then post water breathing and regeneration, he tortures the oni in a wheelchair, butchering his carcass until death.

After killing the oni, Tanjiro picks his head and boils his brain in a cauldron with vinegar, cabbage and carrots. Then Tanjiro, Nezuko, Inosuke and Zenitsu say "itadakimasu" and throw the butchered brain stew throat below, drinking the blood as an alternative wine. Then they pick the torso and sell it in the village black market.

But putting that aside, it is a chilling kids show. I highly recommend.

Jan 24, 3:42 PM
Oct 2022
Reply to EP1C_G4YM3R
GoCrayzee said:

You would not be a fan of re zero, chainsaw man, or Jujutsu Kaisen. Demon slayer is very low on the gore scale.
@EP1C_G4YM3R Yeah I already know that CSM, AOT, JJBA, Re:Zero and JJK (among many others) are too gory for me. Like I said in a response to someone else, it's not the gore in KNY that bothers me, it's the body horror. I should have specified that more on the post tbh.
GoCrayzeeJan 24, 3:52 PM
Jan 24, 7:32 PM
Apr 2023
KitsuFrost said:
Not so much. There is a scene that Tanjiro throws up his bowels after a fight with an oni. Then post water breathing and regeneration, he tortures the oni in a wheelchair, butchering his carcass until death.

After killing the oni, Tanjiro picks his head and boils his brain in a cauldron with vinegar, cabbage and carrots. Then Tanjiro, Nezuko, Inosuke and Zenitsu say "itadakimasu" and throw the butchered brain stew throat below, drinking the blood as an alternative wine. Then they pick the torso and sell it in the village black market.

But putting that aside, it is a chilling kids show. I highly recommend.

Yo chillllll!!!!!!
Jan 24, 9:41 PM
Sep 2023
GoCrayzee said:

First of all, ignore everyone making fun of you for saying it's gory. Some people's minds are just not wired to handle that stuff, and I happen to have one of those minds as well. Believe me, I wish I was a little more resilient in that regard -- but one of my responsibilities for a job I had in college was teaching a first aid class, and I passed out in front of the class when we got to bleeding and wounds. So yeah, it's just not in the cards for me. I can't help that and neither can you. It's okay. 🙂

That being said, I have watched all of Demon Slayer. There were moments when I definitely cringed and had to look away, but overall I did fine. I'll echo what a couple of others have said; The Entertainment District arc is the worst when it comes to that stuff. But again, I got through it and enjoyed it.

If you want some sort of warning -- Episode 16 has been the most rough for me so far (ironically, an episode that isn't in the Entertainment District Arc). The whole first half of the episode is a bit disturbing, and the worst of it happens around the 11-minute mark. If you can muscle your way through that, I think you'll be okay.
Jan 25, 4:23 AM
Feb 2021
rcozm said:

this is one of the stupidest gatekeeps I've ever seen lol. do you have a phobia or something? Well just don't! you don't even know what real gore is. Probally because they don't like it? like ofc they aren't gonna watch Saw if they can't stand disturbing imagery. Putting someone down because they are scared of something is such a childish thing to do and is why anime fans get clowed on so much it makes the medium look elitist...
Jan 25, 4:57 AM
May 2022
GoCrayzee said:

Read Tokyo Ghoul 😇
Jan 25, 4:58 AM
May 2022
jackbot32 said:
rcozm said:

Don’t let this guy read Dorohedoro lol (that one and berserk are the goriest I’ve read)

Have you read Tokyo Ghoul?
Jan 25, 8:48 AM
Oct 2019
How is demon slayer gore😂 I think you should watch kids cartoons or something
Jan 25, 9:03 AM
Oct 2022
TEOKXNG said:
How is demon slayer gore😂 I think you should watch kids cartoons or something

Wow, very mature of you to laugh at someone just because they can’t handle the same level of gore as you.
Jan 25, 9:06 AM
Oct 2022
crd1213 said:
GoCrayzee said:

First of all, ignore everyone making fun of you for saying it's gory. Some people's minds are just not wired to handle that stuff, and I happen to have one of those minds as well. Believe me, I wish I was a little more resilient in that regard -- but one of my responsibilities for a job I had in college was teaching a first aid class, and I passed out in front of the class when we got to bleeding and wounds. So yeah, it's just not in the cards for me. I can't help that and neither can you. It's okay. 🙂

That being said, I have watched all of Demon Slayer. There were moments when I definitely cringed and had to look away, but overall I did fine. I'll echo what a couple of others have said; The Entertainment District arc is the worst when it comes to that stuff. But again, I got through it and enjoyed it.

If you want some sort of warning -- Episode 16 has been the most rough for me so far (ironically, an episode that isn't in the Entertainment District Arc). The whole first half of the episode is a bit disturbing, and the worst of it happens around the 11-minute mark. If you can muscle your way through that, I think you'll be okay.

Thanks, I’m enjoying it so I’ll definitely keep watching. Glad to see someone here isn’t just making fun of me for no good reason. 😁
Jan 25, 10:31 AM
Apr 2017
GoCrayzee said:
@rcozm How am I trolling?

you literally have all you need is kill as favourite
Jan 25, 11:49 AM
Apr 2022
s2 (Entertainment district arc) IS GORY ASF but then s3 gets a bit less gory but it's still really gory although I won't identify it as gory since it's more like blood and all gory is when you get creeps from it while here it's just some blood nothing to be creeped out by
Jan 25, 12:28 PM
Sep 2022
GoCrayzee said:

final arc was gore as hell by your definition of gore
Jan 25, 1:12 PM
Oct 2022
Reply to Madada3913
GoCrayzee said:

final arc was gore as hell by your definition of gore
@Madada3913 Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. I'll continue to watch it and read the rest when I'm caught up so I know what's to come.
Jan 25, 7:12 PM
Apr 2023
rcozm said:
Its not gore. Demon slayer is cool. That cant be called gore.

just because it's "cool" doesn't mean that it's not gore
Jan 25, 8:09 PM
Nov 2022
rcozm said:

I sorta get where op is coming from, sometimes it can be hard to stomach things like that. Although I agree that Demon Slayer later on can get relatively messy at times, so if it's hard to handle now it won't be any easier later on.
Jan 26, 12:33 AM
Dec 2021
man...what is happening to the kids these days?! 🤣In the OPs defense though...she is a girl right? I assume so coz Violet Evergarden is at the top of her list.
peterrossJan 26, 12:39 AM
Jan 26, 6:49 AM
Jun 2016
Sorry everyone’s making fun of you, it’s perfectly okay to not like that kinda stuff! The people saying you’re being childish are childish themselves. I’m not the best with gore or body horror either but Demon Slayer doesn’t bother me too much. As others have said the gore is kinda stylized so it’s not too detailed. There’s not much body horror except another scene in Season 3 but that’s all I can think of. I hope you can continue cause Demon Slayers is so amazing it’s one of my fave animes! :)
Jan 26, 7:22 PM
Aug 2023
It can get intense at times, but there are def animes that are way gorier
Jan 27, 1:51 PM
Oct 2022
Reply to peterross
man...what is happening to the kids these days?! 🤣In the OPs defense though...she is a girl right? I assume so coz Violet Evergarden is at the top of her list.
@peterross I'm a guy, what's wrong with Violet Evergarden? It's a good character study.
Jan 28, 2:37 AM
Aug 2021
LillyTheHoover said:

That's Actually Very True 😂
Jan 28, 5:47 AM

Oct 2021
rcozm said:

Bruh people are allowed to be uncomfortable with gory scenes. Chill
*Train Noises*
Jan 28, 5:52 AM

Oct 2021
I think most anime fans have been exposed to so much gore that they are kinda desensitised at this point lmao. Demon slayer defo can be brutal at times and I imagine many ppl not used to anime would be kinda freaked out by it.
*Train Noises*
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Bad animation? ( 1 2 )

Leon888 - May 11

61 by Kyubey89 »»
Yesterday, 2:40 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 20, 2019

200 by satyrelfheim »»
Jun 8, 1:48 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 13, 2019

198 by satyrelfheim »»
Jun 8, 1:20 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 11, 2019

235 by Restault »»
Jun 6, 9:09 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2019

274 by Restault »»
Jun 6, 6:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.