Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 22, 6:36 AM
Aug 2021
The clue from post credit scene in final episode of season 3 was just too obvious if the adaptation still continue
So yeah, happy to know it became reality
And hopefully Kinema Citrus can maintain their work after Season 3

Dbagas8Jan 22, 8:28 PM
Jan 22, 6:47 AM
Jul 2015
Honestly how...I assume they are going for a complete adaptation eventually, but S2 was awful and S3 just was so mid (aside from OST & animation). I guess it's doing rather well in Japan.
MelindypantsJan 22, 7:04 AM
Jan 22, 7:05 AM

Jul 2022
The シールド ヒーロー rises again for vengence of the eternal willpower !!!

Jan 22, 7:09 AM

Mar 2013
I'm more interested if they can make a reboot of S2. 😏
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jan 22, 7:15 AM

Apr 2017
all i want is for this to get adapted fully, i wanna see the whole LN as anime, idc about anything else (although i do care about the animation side of things) i wanna see the story unfold till the very end!
Jan 22, 7:16 AM

Apr 2017
Reply to CrazyButNot4U
I'm more interested if they can make a reboot of S2. 😏
@astralkill00 if that can happen we would have a gotten a better OPM S2 out already instead of a S3 announcement.
Jan 22, 7:24 AM

Feb 2021
Crunchyroll will continue to give this show new seasons until they adapt the whole story...
Jan 22, 7:25 AM

Mar 2013
Kirito_online said:
@astralkill00 if that can happen we would have a gotten a better OPM S2 out already instead of a S3 announcement.

For the sake of you mentioning another title.
I'd say, Nah, I'm already satisfied with how they animated S2 OPM. It's still satisfactory unlike Shield Hero's S2, imho.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jan 22, 8:16 AM

Nov 2013
Since I'm too bored to read the LN, more animated seasons are welcome. Especially considering more seasons = more legendary OST from Kevin Penkin! Yes please!
Jan 22, 8:18 AM

Sep 2020
I really enjoyed S3 and since all of S3 was build up to fight the Phoenix, a S4 was bound to happen
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 22, 8:18 AM

Sep 2020
I really enjoyed S3 and since all of S3 was build up to fight the Phoenix, a S4 was bound to happen
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 22, 8:30 AM
May 2016
Reply to Kirito_online
all i want is for this to get adapted fully, i wanna see the whole LN as anime, idc about anything else (although i do care about the animation side of things) i wanna see the story unfold till the very end!
@Kirito_online I wish the LN would get finished first. Maybe more seasons will help.
Jan 22, 8:35 AM
Mar 2020
Wtffffff yoo they going all out for shield hero huh
Jan 22, 8:39 AM

Sep 2016
Still milking that cow? Quite a dairy...
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Jan 22, 8:41 AM

Mar 2014
HELLLLL YEAAAHHHHH LET"SGOOOOOOO
Jan 22, 9:15 AM

Jul 2012
Slaverychads.. We are so back.
Jan 22, 9:25 AM
Jan 2020
Season 3 was definitely better than season 2 hopefully season 4 continues to be good but over all I’m excited for season 4
Jan 22, 9:56 AM

Feb 2014
I don't get people shitting on season 2, it wasn't the best in the world, but definitely better than s3 that only has 3 good episodes.
Jan 22, 10:09 AM

Apr 2017
Reply to MadanielFL
Crunchyroll will continue to give this show new seasons until they adapt the whole story...
@MadanielFL music to my ears!
Jan 22, 11:08 AM
Aug 2018
I’m honestly surprised, I haven’t seen or heard anyone talk about season 3, I haven’t even watched season 3 myself. Most people lost interest after season 2
Jan 22, 11:37 AM

Jul 2020
I haven't watch the season 3 yet but it's good to see that season 4 is already confirmed
Jan 22, 11:38 AM

Jul 2020
I haven't watch the season 3 yet but it's good to see that season 4 is already confirmed maybe I should binge watch it sooner or later
Jan 22, 12:37 PM
Jan 2017
Seasons 2 and 3 felt like the rebuilding era of a sports franchise, an era where players still go out and compete but they only do that to bide their time, to continue to satiate fans and bring in some money, but for the most part, they're just waiting for draft picks and players to mature so that sooner or later they can be competitive again.

I really want season 4 of Shield Hero to be good. I really do, but it's hard to avoid this feeling of Shield Hero getting stuck in rebuilding mode for the past 2 years. Much of the excitement around Shield Hero is gone and fans have largely moved on to the next big thing. Whenever season 4 happens, you can expect people to approach it with a more cautious, "fool-me-once" mentality. I know I will.
Jan 22, 12:53 PM
Nov 2020
Season 2 and 3 wasn't good as the first season and the bar for season 1 wasn't really high to begin with IMO, But the ending of season 3 made me interested to see where the story goes again. I'm happy to see 4th season of shield hero being announced and hoping it can finally reach new heights
Jan 22, 1:08 PM
Jul 2016
I actually wasn't sure this was going to continue getting animated, but i enjoy it enough to see it to the end. Trash taste or not.
Being honest here, i just follow for Raphtalia xD
Jan 22, 1:32 PM

Jan 2019
The garbage season 2 and less than average season 3 give me zero hopes for season 4.

I've already described my feelings towards this anime here. Maybe they'll pull an Overlord and suddenly have a really good season down the line.
Jan 22, 2:08 PM

Dec 2015
Reply to YareYareDazay
I’m honestly surprised, I haven’t seen or heard anyone talk about season 3, I haven’t even watched season 3 myself. Most people lost interest after season 2
@YareYareDazay no, 'most' people didn't... even 'haters' and 'trolls' trying to start flamewars means there was SOME interest in this franchise.
just an ol school otaku enjoyin the life. don't sass me kiddies, i've been otaku probably since before you were born. leave me in peace and i won't bother you either.
Jan 22, 2:10 PM

Dec 2015
Reply to HeroVladimir93
Seasons 2 and 3 felt like the rebuilding era of a sports franchise, an era where players still go out and compete but they only do that to bide their time, to continue to satiate fans and bring in some money, but for the most part, they're just waiting for draft picks and players to mature so that sooner or later they can be competitive again.

I really want season 4 of Shield Hero to be good. I really do, but it's hard to avoid this feeling of Shield Hero getting stuck in rebuilding mode for the past 2 years. Much of the excitement around Shield Hero is gone and fans have largely moved on to the next big thing. Whenever season 4 happens, you can expect people to approach it with a more cautious, "fool-me-once" mentality. I know I will.
@HeroVladimir93 i dunno where you have been hanging out... but the Disqus comments threads out in 'the grey web' are quite NOISY on all three seasons for many years now... and it hasn't died down one iota.
just an ol school otaku enjoyin the life. don't sass me kiddies, i've been otaku probably since before you were born. leave me in peace and i won't bother you either.
Jan 22, 2:11 PM

Dec 2015
i'm happy to see this! :D i've enjoyed the whole show so far and i'm eagerly awaiting the next installment! :D
Jan 22, 2:32 PM

Jun 2019
I hope that it will be less boring than season 3. I have almost dropped it after the episode filled with still frames like this one:

and the slice-of-life dragon episode was the cherry on the top.
Jan 22, 6:58 PM
Mar 2022
I wonder if they will get to the phoenix. They have most of the key players lined up, got through the sins and actually have the heroes working together (once they go get motoyasu back). Most of s3 was dealing with tortoise aftermath and prepping for the phoenix. All I can say is I'm not ready if we get there
Jan 22, 9:09 PM
Aug 2020
Reply to Meusnier
I hope that it will be less boring than season 3. I have almost dropped it after the episode filled with still frames like this one:

and the slice-of-life dragon episode was the cherry on the top.
@Meusnier I can take a few still frames, even recycled segments, if we don't get any of that CGI again... ugh, it might work for large entities if blended and colored well (which clearly wasn't the case for the Spirit Tortoise), but Gaelion was just glaringly bad. I guess they don't care as long as viewership is still solid in Japan though, and manga sales keep pushing, international fans aren't really contributing unless they're buying Blu-rays, I suppose.
Jan 22, 9:53 PM

Jan 2021
,ikujmynhbgtrfegtyui,kumtjnyrhtbgrvfecdfegrthnyjm

Jan 23, 5:45 AM

May 2008
Reply to curvedtree
I don't get people shitting on season 2, it wasn't the best in the world, but definitely better than s3 that only has 3 good episodes.
@curvedtree I agree. S2 was for me, the best season we've had so far, so never understood the hate it got.

Season 3 didn't get interesting until the ending... but that certainly makes me look forward to S4.
Jan 23, 8:56 AM

Jun 2019
cyber_coupe_benz said:
@Meusnier I can take a few still frames, even recycled segments, if we don't get any of that CGI again... ugh, it might work for large entities if blended and colored well (which clearly wasn't the case for the Spirit Tortoise), but Gaelion was just glaringly bad. I guess they don't care as long as viewership is still solid in Japan though, and manga sales keep pushing, international fans aren't really contributing unless they're buying Blu-rays, I suppose.

It was awful to see the characters talking on still frames for so long... The CGI matched their budget I guess. We can only hope that the production value will increase next season, but it seems unlikely.
Jan 24, 12:29 PM

Sep 2014
I just wonder if it will be as terrible as season 2 or as boring as season 3

I dont even know why Im still on this clearly derailed and burning train, habit I guess? Its not like I outright disliked season 3 but I dont have hopes for this to be good
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Feb 7, 10:41 AM
Jul 2018
Bro shield hero’s season 3 was pretty ass. They better make a comeback bro Solo Leveling is out and its fucking dominating
Feb 25, 9:56 AM

Sep 2020
This show has gone from one of my favorites to something I absolutely almost dropped in season 3. Hopefully this will be better? The soundtracks from Kevin are always stellar, so at least that's something to look forward to.
Feb 25, 3:17 PM
Apr 2021
Reply to IAmKry
This show has gone from one of my favorites to something I absolutely almost dropped in season 3. Hopefully this will be better? The soundtracks from Kevin are always stellar, so at least that's something to look forward to.
@IAmKry i honestly will tell you to just drop it, if season 3 was really that bad for you. you won't enjoy season 4. Season 3 did have some flaws, but although as an adaption wise, it was very faithful to the LN.

if it's the story, maybe try season 4. the phoenix fight is guaranteed to happen at the end of the season and its something to look really forward to bc the events that take on afterwards are in my opinion season 1 level

but the phoenix fight / q ten lo arc thats happening this season is still something to look forward to
Mar 2, 2:35 PM
Mar 2019
I wonder if this will have 12/13 episodes again. I'd assume so if it's just the next arc the phoenix. If I had to make a guess I'd say this airs in Spring 2025. But I'd be extremely happy if it came sooner. Waiting for all these sequels of my favourite shows will make me an old man. I wonder how long the light novels story will go and how much material we have to work with right now.
TheRealNinjanime
Mar 27, 6:01 PM
I like water

Feb 2020
Since my disappointment with the 2nd and 3rd seasons, I'm not excited at all :/
Apr 3, 6:12 AM
Jan 2021
Reply to Melindypants
Honestly how...I assume they are going for a complete adaptation eventually, but S2 was awful and S3 just was so mid (aside from OST & animation). I guess it's doing rather well in Japan.
@Melindypants Do you have a link to the light novel can you help me forward here olawunistevo@gmail.com
Apr 3, 6:19 AM
Jul 2015
Oyinlolex said:
@Melindypants Do you have a link to the light novel can you help me forward here olawunistevo@gmail.com

I didn't read the LNs, only the manga and the anime varies a bit from the manga since it's based on the LNs (although alot has changed/skipped in general lol)

More topics from this board

» LN Readers, what can we expect this season? Is it worth the wait?

TheRockerX - Jan 22

12 by Playcool »»
Apr 28, 12:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.