Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Goblin Slayer (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Jan 21, 11:57 AM
Apr 2019
Man I'm not diggin the new studio. Old animation style wasn't so generic and bright.
Jan 21, 12:30 PM
Nov 2020
Cool, White Fox literally had lots of things happening inside the studio.

It’s a blessing Goblin Slayer was able to get picked back up in the first place (thankfully not by DEEN), Goblin Slayer could still be in the same situation as Saga of Tanya the evil.

Not to mention one of the main things that stops studios from picking up Dark Fantasy series is because of how different it’s viewed (the themes that are usually portrayed).
Jan 21, 3:00 PM
May 2023
I agree, the first season and the film's animation was definitely better but I don't really mind the animation difference since both are pretty mid to begin with.
Jan 21, 3:00 PM
May 2023
I agree, the first season and the film's animation was definitely better but I don't really mind the animation difference since both are pretty mid to begin with.
Jan 21, 7:41 PM
Jul 2020
idk I hated watching Goblin Slayer in 3d everytime in season 1 they made him much better in season 2
Jan 21, 8:42 PM
Jun 2021
Lidenfilm has done some great anime but this one fell flat i still enjoyed it but white fox brought so much more but its all good hope for season 3
Jan 22, 1:30 AM
Jun 2021
Honestly I thought this season’s animation was better. I didn’t notice a single shot of GS being clunky cgi, all the action parts showed the characters movements, and the spells looked the same. Only change I saw thay was bad was lizard guy looking a bit goofy
Jan 22, 2:34 AM

Apr 2021
Sagepool said:
Honestly I thought this season’s animation was better. I didn’t notice a single shot of GS being clunky cgi, all the action parts showed the characters movements, and the spells looked the same. Only change I saw thay was bad was lizard guy looking a bit goofy

I would agree with you.

I think some of the art / animation was better in this season.

Overall, I think that season 1 had a darker feel and the art followed this, season 2 seems to reach for a brighter feel and the art followed.
ejleonJan 22, 12:11 PM
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Jan 22, 4:41 AM
Dec 2018
Sagepool said:

True I hated seeing the terrible CGI in the first season, so having it all animated was truly an improvement. My only issue with the art style was that sometimes it felt like the looks of characters were really inconsistent across multiple angles and camera shots. The lizard suffering the most from it.
Jan 22, 4:42 AM
Dec 2018
Sagepool said:

True I hated seeing the terrible CGI in the first season, so having it all animated was truly an improvement. My only issue with the art style was that sometimes it felt like the looks of characters were really inconsistent across multiple angles and camera shots. The lizard suffering the most from it.
Jan 22, 11:45 AM
Jun 2021
ejleon said:
Sagepool said:

I would agree with you.

Overall, I think that season 1 had a darker feel and the art followed this, season 2 seems to reach for a brighter feel and the are followed.

Ok ya I can definitely see that. Season 1 did have a much darker feel. I do think the characters and story this season were just less dark though. I mean we only went into a cave or dungeon twice I believe
Jan 22, 11:45 AM
Jun 2021
ejleon said:
Sagepool said:

I would agree with you.

Overall, I think that season 1 had a darker feel and the art followed this, season 2 seems to reach for a brighter feel and the are followed.

Ok ya I can definitely see that. Season 1 did have a much darker feel. I do think the characters and story this season were just less dark though. I mean we only went into a cave or dungeon twice I believe
Jan 22, 1:53 PM
Dec 2023
I hope we get a season 3.
Jan 22, 1:53 PM
Dec 2023
I hope we get a season 3.
Jan 22, 1:57 PM

Apr 2020
Isn't the issue, for me.

Everything, apart from the mildly entertaining, actual Goblin-slaying, beeing as bland, stereotypical and monotonous as possible is.
Apr 23, 8:40 AM

Apr 2013
They used less CGI in season 2, but unfortunately instead they used more stills which made the fights seem pretty static. Art is okay for me though, but animation quality degraded quite a bit.
Apr 23, 8:46 AM

Feb 2021
Both seasons were pretty much the exact same when it comes to animation quality.

mid

More topics from this board

Poll: » Goblin Slayer II Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2023

95 by d_lynne »»
Apr 26, 4:17 PM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer II Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2023

83 by d_lynne »»
Apr 26, 3:35 PM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer II Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2023

147 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 23, 1:05 PM

» kinda vanilla

KuroudoAkabane - Jan 17

26 by Gator »»
Apr 23, 8:39 AM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer II Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2023

72 by Gator »»
Apr 23, 8:09 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.