Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 20, 10:13 AM
Oct 2017
A friend spoiled some of the things that happen in solo leveling, they make SAO look good
and some are actually taken from SAO, but oh well
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 20, 10:18 AM
Nov 2020
You can say this is SAO if it's well written
Jan 20, 10:22 AM
Oct 2017
Reply to Thunder_lol
@Thunder_lol This show it's not well written. My friend wrote to me what happens in the epilogue of the story (so after continuous events in which the protagonist becomes more and more OP in increasingly ridiculous ways). I'm putting it under spoilers so if you want to get an idea of the kind of narrative atrocities that exist
Jan 20, 10:22 AM
Oct 2017
Reply to Thunder_lol
@Thunder_lol This show it's not well written. My friend wrote to me what happens in the epilogue of the story (so after continuous events in which the protagonist becomes more and more OP in increasingly ridiculous ways). I'm putting it under spoilers so if you want to get an idea of the kind of narrative atrocities that exist
Jan 20, 10:23 AM
Nov 2020
Dije said:

How about read the Manhwa instead of listening to what your friend says huh?
Jan 20, 10:33 AM

Jan 2017
Dije said:
A friend spoiled some of the things that happen in solo leveling, they make SAO look good
and some are actually taken from SAO, but oh well

There is absolutely nothing in Solo Leveling that is alike to Sword Art Online, aside from the Game-like setting, and the overpowered protagonist.

The reception it has in the community definitely looks how SAO was back then, tho. The latter was first incredibly popular and loved, considered a refreshing masterpiece by a very loud majority, when in reality... it was filled with weak writing. It's only months, and even years later, than it suddenly became "obvious" to everyone.
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Jan 20, 10:33 AM

Dec 2021
Dije said:

Of course it's not well written. The basic idea of levelling up was interesting though not unique. But Later on it turned into an awfully repetitive plot. The pace was inconsistent and the power-system was ridiculous. The characters were disposed of just to make SJW look strong. The epilogue was a poor attempt to patch things up a bit.

SAO comparatively had more variety in the story.

"𝑰𝒇 π’‚π’π’šπ’•π’‰π’Šπ’π’ˆ, 𝑰 π’˜π’‚π’π’• 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆 π’”π’π’Žπ’†π’π’π’† π’˜π’‰π’ π’Œπ’π’π’˜π’” π’˜π’‰π’‚π’• 𝒔𝒉𝒆 π’˜π’‚π’π’•π’” 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆, 𝒐𝒓 π’Œπ’π’π’˜π’” π’˜π’‰π’‚π’• 𝒔𝒉𝒆 π’π’Šπ’Œπ’†π’”, 𝑰 π’ˆπ’–π’†π’”π’”?"
» [JELEE] «
0:00 〇────── 4:47
β†Ί |◁ II β–·| β™‘

Jan 20, 10:39 AM
Jul 2021
Dije said:

i agree with some things, other things not as much. First of all, never compare this show to SAO. The only reason your saying this is because both shows have a similar nature to one another and your friend told u that the manhwa is bad. How about reading it before you make a decision or don’t comment on things you have no clue about. And about that thing under the spoiler tag:

Lastly, this is talking about the reasons he got stronger and why they aren’t dumb at all
Jan 20, 10:39 AM
Jul 2021
Dije said:

i agree with some things, other things not as much. First of all, never compare this show to SAO. The only reason your saying this is because both shows have a similar nature to one another and your friend told u that the manhwa is bad. How about reading it before you make a decision or don’t comment on things you have no clue about. And about that thing under the spoiler tag:

Lastly, this is talking about the reasons he got stronger and why they aren’t dumb at all

Just don’t say baseless shit until you read/watch the show.
Jan 20, 10:44 AM
Jul 2021
Chronon said:
Dije said:

Of course it's not well written. The basic idea of levelling up was interesting though not unique. But Later on it turned into an awfully repetitive plot. The pace was inconsistent and the power-system was ridiculous. The characters were disposed of just to make SJW look strong. The epilogue was a poor attempt to patch things up a bit.

i’m fine with you not liking SL but saying SAO is better is a crime
Jan 20, 10:54 AM

Sep 2021
kyo_1 said:
Chronon said:

SAO is the Goat STFU
Furuhashi1Jan 20, 10:58 AM
Jan 20, 11:03 AM
Jul 2021
Furuhashi1 said:
kyo_1 said:

SAO is the Goat STFU

i won’t even get into the incestuous ships/implications or the sexual harassment in the show. The pacing was worse than atrocious at times, the characters were generic and the overall show was just bland. At least the SL author put some thought into their writing, can’t say the same for SAO
Jan 20, 11:10 AM
Mar 2022
Hmm another people with “brain” making thread πŸ˜‚
Jan 20, 11:16 AM
Jan 2024
Furuhashi1 said:
kyo_1 said:

SAO is the Goat STFU

true af idk whats with this unnecessary hate
Jan 20, 11:19 AM

Oct 2020
Nope. SAO is something really different. This is neither SAO done right, nor anything similar to SAO, EXCEPT* It's made by the same studio and it has Dungeons.

But both are completely different and not at all similar.
If you are not an ass hater n feel proud after watching reviews from unemployed AniTubers then I guess they might think both are same but any genuine watcher would know the difference instantly.
Please watch Sword Art Online Progressive, it's the peak of SAO.
Jan 20, 11:19 AM
Jan 2024
kyo_1 said:
Furuhashi1 said:

SAO is the Goat STFU

i won’t even get into the incestuous ships/implications or the sexual harassment in the show. The pacing was worse than atrocious at times, the characters were generic and the overall show was just bland. At least the SL author put some thought into their writing, can’t say the same for SAO

lol there were no implications that was completely one sided
Jan 20, 11:22 AM
Jul 2021
hi777 said:
kyo_1 said:

that is still incestuous implication bruh. Then there’s the SA, the god awful community and like i said horrible pacing and bad writing. SAO deserves no more than a 4/10 at best
Jan 20, 11:24 AM
Jan 2024
kyo_1 said:
hi777 said:

that is still incestuous implication bruh. Then there’s the SA, the god awful community and like i said horrible pacing and bad writing. SAO deserves no more than a 4/10 at best

nah man alicization and first part was very good atleast 6-7 if I'm being neutral
Jan 20, 11:25 AM
Mar 2021
this starts off strong and then falls off a little and stagnates, from a certain point it just doesn't deliver anymore
Jul 2021
hi777 said:
kyo_1 said:

nah man alicization and first part was very good atleast 6-7 if I'm being neutral

the first season was decent i agree, maybe a 6-7. But after that it became an absolute train wreck

Mar 2013
This is SAO when they don't skip the leveling stuff.

is what I'd like to say... lol 🀣

In all seriousness. I wouldn't compare them.
They have their own flaws, etc.

Edit: looks like this series after ep3 just makes it a power fantasy series making it even lower than SAO if it's true. πŸ˜πŸ˜³πŸ˜…πŸ₯²πŸ˜†
CrazyButNot4UJan 21, 8:23 PM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jan 20, 11:26 AM
Mar 2021
this starts off strong and then falls off a little and stagnates, from a certain point it just doesn't deliver anymore
Jan 20, 11:26 AM
Mar 2021
I'd say Shangri-la is the sao of 20s cuz its actually similar in concept
Jan 20, 11:28 AM
Jan 2024
kyo_1 said:
hi777 said:

the first season was decent i agree, maybe a 6-7. But after that it became an absolute train wreck

hmm S1 pt 2and the season 2 were actually bad but after that it's retained its momentum ,still better than most new isekei
Jan 20, 11:41 AM
Jan 2024
You know this anime has been hyped pretty good now but I’m not gonna be surprised if this reaches anime of the year or something else ya know
Jan 20, 11:43 AM

Jan 2021
Comparing this hot pile of trash with SAO is dumb in the first place, SAO is an absolute masterpiece in comparison to this abomination.
Jan 20, 12:11 PM

Sep 2020
Solo Leveling is the power fantasy done right. Unlike SAO which is nothing but a wasted potential.
Jan 20, 12:16 PM

Jan 2009
why compare it to sao? because it has video game elements and same studio?
Jan 20, 12:21 PM
Apr 2022
why are we even comparing these shows, if you don't like it then dont watch it it's that simple.
SOINDS OF EVERYTHING
Jan 20, 12:22 PM
Apr 2022
this mobile app is shit
SOINDS OF EVERYTHING
Jan 20, 12:32 PM

Mar 2020
bro really tried comparing sao to solo leveling holy shi
Jan 20, 12:33 PM

Apr 2020
Are they?
We don't know that and for me to believe you or your friend got insider knowledge of what was influenced when, by whom is frankly....a bit too much to believe^^

Just watch it. No need for this comparison. You can like both. Or prefer one over the other. You can hate everything. That's okay. But don't give me that non-arguement, without facts or anything else than "my friend told me..." ....That's bullshit, my dude^^

But, oh well.
Jan 20, 12:53 PM
Dec 2022
Nah, Sword Art Online is nothing like Solo Leveling. They're both totally different except for the fact that both shows have overpowered protagonists.
Jan 20, 12:53 PM
Dec 2022
But please, do not compare Sword Art Online to Solo Leveling.πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Jan 20, 1:03 PM
Sep 2023
i was kinda reminded of sword art online because of the game like stuff and a1 animation but overall i dont think it has or will have a lot of similarities.. tbh i was more reminded of danmachi because of the dungeons, the fact that both mcs are weak at first but become stronger and the fact that both mcs use knives.. i don't want to compare solo leveling with either of the other animes mentioned because the setting is modern compared to danmachi and most of sword art online being based in fantasy worlds
Jan 20, 1:04 PM
Mar 2020
Those interfaces disappear faster than light, there's no way to read them without pausing... c'mon
Jan 20, 1:04 PM

May 2017
It's Korean SAO. I see no other difference
Jan 20, 1:05 PM
Jan 2022
those who compare different anime or shows to one another are dumb and those who say's that" dont compare this show with this sh*t show or this is on a masterpiece and this is garbage dont compare " they are autistic..... dont know how to use their brain...
because they don't know how to be rational and logical....
like mate why are you even comparing.....
just have a good time by watching them both or
dont watch it if you dont like it.. it is as simple as that
btw i enjoy watching most animes
Jan 20, 1:09 PM

Sep 2018
I was thinking the same, but mainly because they both have a popularity/quality ratio approaching infinity (A-1 Pictures and RPG elements in a life or death situation are secondary).
Jan 20, 1:15 PM
Mar 2022
The SAO comparisons that are made season are astounding.
Jan 20, 1:19 PM
Sep 2023
i was kinda reminded of sword art online because of the game like stuff and a1 animation but overall i dont think it has or will have a lot of similarities.. tbh i was more reminded of danmachi because of the dungeons, the fact that both mcs are weak at first but become stronger and the fact that both mcs use knives.. i don't want to compare solo leveling with either of the other animes mentioned because the setting is modern compared to danmachi and most of sword art online being based in fantasy worlds
Jan 20, 1:21 PM
Aug 2021
Drycatoh said:
Those interfaces disappear faster than light, there's no way to read them without pausing... c'mon

do you mean the system SL have? ore the One of SAO?
Jan 20, 1:34 PM
Jul 2022
so does this mean this anime is gonna basically start a trend with a new genre and that everyone is gonna start hating on it in 10yrs time?
Jan 20, 2:26 PM
Apr 2023
The SAO of the 20's is Shangri-La Frontier.
Jan 20, 2:31 PM

Jan 2017
Tozzmic said:
so does this mean this anime is gonna basically start a trend with a new genre

That's what the Manhwa did with the Gates and Hunters cliches. While they were already popular and numerous in WebNovels, there was none adapted into Manhwas before Solo Leveling (and now there is basically only that...).

Tozzmic said:
and that everyone is gonna start hating on it in 10yrs time?

Gates/Hunters Manhwas are very tiring with their repetitiveness, so it's kinda already the case.

If you meant Solo Leveling itself... That's a power fantasy with an edgy overpowered protagonist. That's very surprising it is not hated to begin with, but it'll probably be at some point.
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Jan 20, 2:55 PM

Feb 2020
You see, the difference is that Solo Leveling is fun to read from beginning to end.
Rest in Piece, Miura.
https://i.imgur.com/HzfqYqS.png

Jan 20, 2:55 PM

Feb 2020
You see, the difference is that Solo Leveling is fun to read from beginning to end.
Rest in Piece, Miura.
https://i.imgur.com/HzfqYqS.png

Jan 20, 2:58 PM

Mar 2012
I don't know more than the two anime episodes that I already saw of this series. But until now I don't see why there should be a comparison with SAO.

It is the same as saying that SAO is the .hack of the 10's and surely many others are behind them. Just because the series are grouped into a genre does not make them "copies."

Each era have its successes and in 30 years, more than half of the people who watch anime at that time will never have seen it or even heard of it.
Jan 20, 3:08 PM

Dec 2015
Hmmm at what point it is similar to SAO considering that I've read the spoiler you've done. SAO has nothing to do with time, you should compare it to Stein's Gate in that case.
If even it is the real information as I don't read manhwa and I won't pretend to know what will happen in future.

The only similarity is art style because A1 Pictures worked on SAO before, aswell as the gaming aspect but let's be real SAO doesn't hold a monopoly for everything gaming related in anime, especially that there are older stuff which had similar themes, ex. Hack series.

SL doesn't do anything unique so far, tho it doesn't mean it is a total bs, gates were a thing in Gate, aswell as mixing other universe with Real Life society also existed like in Kekkai Sensen, Cop Craft etc. Leveling and Gaming too. From 0 to Hero is a widely known trope, I would even think that it might be an older trope than the existence of TV [TV made the name for it] etc.

So far it seems to be executed correctly the future episodes shall show if it's gonna keep the quality, increase it or decrease it.
ZettaikenJan 20, 3:14 PM
Jan 20, 3:09 PM
Aug 2021
youre a troll loser
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Season 2 will focused more on side charcter and explore the world 360

Hickykissy - May 10

28 by OroficB06 »»
Yesterday, 10:54 PM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yuyuichi - Mar 30

398 by KcmcPro »»
Yesterday, 4:03 PM

» Are People Just Hate-Watching Now? ( 1 2 3 )

HyroSan - Feb 12

103 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
Yesterday, 9:04 AM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - Jan 6

729 by satyrelfheim »»
Yesterday, 8:38 AM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 13

514 by Deono »»
Jun 9, 9:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.