Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Sign of Affection
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jan 22, 12:34 PM

Nov 2013
- yuki is so cute, i can't
- tons of funny reactions from her again, i bet the manga is full of them lol
- i also save coins from other countries when i see them being used (since euro can be used in so many countries), it's fun
- Rin love side is also looking good
- Oushi is clearly jealous, but he is also a meanie, throwing tissues at her lmao and ofc, the 1st thing he ever signed... "you fool" HAHAHA
- i also noticed in another episode, but she had brown hair and now it's pink, wonder if she paints it and for what reason
- guess Emma isn't very lucky, maybe she had a chance before mc het Yuki

excited to watch more of this, maybe i'll end up checking the manga after season ends
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Jan 22, 5:19 PM

Jul 2016
Series is trying its hardest to do Childhood-Friend-kun dirty but it won't work. Still the only character with potential so far.

Also Yuki's super sugary monologues are starting to get tiring.
Jan 22, 7:40 PM
Jul 2023
I honestly love this romance anime, can anyone recommend more romance anime like this one.
Jan 22, 10:48 PM

Mar 2011
This episode was mostly cute and adorable! Love how Itsuomi really wants to learn sign language now *-*. He's an interesting character... aside from how he just randomly likes to touch people. But I feel like they try to show how much he travelled and how he is used to other cultures. But I really wonder what's behind his roaming around.

I feel a little bad for Yuki after all the work she put into that book and these drawings. But him learning it in person might be better :). The way they showed them having the same conversation yet perceiving it very differently was so realistic for a romance anime. I've got to give them this. And I'm glad the pace seems to slow down a little and they start to get to know each other now. The random German line really surprised me :D

I'm still absolutely in love with the aesthetics of this anime and the chill vibes it gives. I need more anime like this <3. I feel like I've discovered such a gem of an anime.

Ema seems... annoying to be honest. Don't really know what to make of her. Sure she looks pretty but I feel like I will end up not liking her. As for Oushi... part of me understands why he is so worried about Yuki but then again... Sherltering her won't do Yuki any good. I actually like that about Itsuomi. How he starts questions others might not dare to ask but it really shows his interest in Yuki's world and maybe even herself as a person.
Wildflower3Jan 26, 4:14 AM
You're the light shining over The black and gloomy nights
So long I've been waiting To run into your arms
Oh, my only one desire You're the one I need
Through the thousand years ~ Evermore

"Midnight Sun" by AleXa

Jan 22, 10:57 PM

Mar 2008
winddevil1 said:
- Oushi is clearly jealous, but he is also a meanie, throwing tissues at her lmao and ofc, the 1st thing he ever signed... "you fool" HAHAHA

Its actually pretty clever since it is a fairly gentle way to get Yuki's attention that isnt particularly startling like someone reaching out to touch her on the street at night without knowing who is there.

You accidentally double posted. MAL has been doing that a lot lately.
Jan 23, 12:55 AM
Jan 2024
It was calming and romantic definitely a good start of this anime
Jan 23, 12:56 AM
Jan 2024
It was calming and romantic definitely a good start of this anime
Jan 23, 5:27 AM

Nov 2013
Reply to traed
winddevil1 said:

Its actually pretty clever since it is a fairly gentle way to get Yuki's attention that isnt particularly startling like someone reaching out to touch her on the street at night without knowing who is there.

You accidentally double posted. MAL has been doing that a lot lately.
@traed
i mean sure, but i wonder if that didn't scare her as much lol maybe he should have ran and stopped in front of her instead

yeah i've been deleting my double posts all week, Jesus Christ :D
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Jan 23, 5:08 PM

Jul 2017
Yuki coming up with a sign language guide for Itsuomi, but wanting to know about her deaf circumstances anyway, it's the same with the guide. But Itsuomi rather he learns directly from Yuki as he learns it by instinct, as the two inches closer with Yuki having a clear infatuation over Itsuomi. Itsuomi's classmates of hairstylist Shin Iryu and Emma, they're the same typical bunch, but Emma hogging Itsuomi for herself, it's clearly eating at Yuki, though Kyouya ascertains that they'll never get together given their relationship.

Rin is getting close with Kyouya, and so too is Yuki with Itsuomi. Yuki taking the chance to meet him at the laundromat at night, is coincidentally overseen by Oushi thinking that Itsuomi is playing with her and throwing packets of tissues at her. But Yuki knows that he's not, which they both share a moment together, espeically for the latter whom he feels like he hasn't had a grasp on the outside world since meeting her signing him, and that makes her heart beat even more. Despite the snow and her Yuki's curfew which Itsuomi kindly brought her home, Yuki asks about Shin and Emma, though he only thinks of them as friends. And Itsumo taking Yuki's sign language and learning it in a hearty way, that's really nice and heartwarming.

It's clear that Itsuomi doesn't see Emma as a love interest, despite her bringing booze to his place. And finding the sign language guide on his dining table, she knows far well that she has no chance of ever winning him.

The childhood friend acts next, and how will Oushi respond?
Jan 23, 7:56 PM

Jul 2019
This is just a self-indulging of cute and sweet romance but with its own overarching quirk. Pretty standard and predictable, tbh.

Watch the score take a nose-dive after it finishes airing.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Jan 24, 5:52 AM

Jan 2017
Heartwarming episode but I kinda feel sad for Yuki's childhood friend after seeing a glimpse of the next episode
Jan 24, 7:42 AM
Sep 2021
Pure bliss from watching this episode, l love yuki's expressions & enjoy more of her in this whole series.
Jan 24, 11:28 PM
Jan 2023
Nao Toyama's rejection curse will affect on Emma.
Jan 24, 11:31 PM

Sep 2013
Yeah yuki's childhood friend is gonna have it hard next episode. She only has eyes for itsuomi.
sic mundus
Jan 25, 6:42 AM
Jan 2018
I don’t like where this development is heading….. Osananajimi guy should’ve dated her before it was too late, and the drunk lady is nice looking but, I want the sign language girl to end up with him
Jan 25, 7:11 PM
Jun 2022
Que capítulo tan maravilloso, viva el amor, viva esta historia, me hizo emocionar muchísimo
Jan 26, 12:14 AM
Mar 2022
Reply to James_Blade
Emma looks like bad news and she's going to cause drama...get rid of her please omg if she hurts Yuki i swear
@James_Blade calm down emma is not that bad she’s not going to cause that much drama!
Jan 26, 12:15 AM
Mar 2022
Reply to M1kasaYu1
I don’t like where this development is heading….. Osananajimi guy should’ve dated her before it was too late, and the drunk lady is nice looking but, I want the sign language girl to end up with him
@M1kasaYu1 who is osananajimi 😭😭
Jan 26, 1:14 PM

Jun 2012
Reply to kisaragi_eki
@M1kasaYu1 who is osananajimi 😭😭
@kisaragi_eki Oushi, the guy that knows sign language

osanajimi/幼なじみ is childhood friend

- I only draw freestyle! -
Jan 26, 9:48 PM
Mar 2022
Reply to NemuriNezumi
@kisaragi_eki Oushi, the guy that knows sign language

osanajimi/幼なじみ is childhood friend
@NemuriNezumi oh i see osanajimi is (childhood friend)
Jan 26, 9:55 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
An hour left until curfew? That laundromat seemed empty. Could've get it done right then and there.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jan 27, 10:31 AM

Jan 2022
"Teach me in person" he's so damn smooth... please, I'm melting!! Emma is pretty cute ngl. Why does Yuki remind me of a "normal" villager from AC? But in the best possible way because those are my favorite villagers."Or do you not" kills me every single time lmao the fact that Yuki didn't realize he was talking hurt, ugggh she would've died if she saw what he said. This anime makes me feel all giddy and shit. Oooo is Itsuomi possibly jealous of her childhood friend? Also why is the childhood friend think so poorly of Itsuomi?
This never updates so that's cool
Jan 28, 8:42 AM
May 2021
<3 I don't remember loving anime characters and their chemistry together so much in a long time!
Jan 30, 5:35 PM
Dec 2014
É fofinho demais, e com um melodrama clássico, com um triangulo amoroso talvez? Não gostei dessa Ema, ela tá fazendo os bagulhos dela, mas sei lá. O Itsu precisa deixar as coisas claras com ela.

E que visual lindo desse anime, a trilha sonora, efeitos, tô apaixonada <3

(Escrevi em PT-BR mesmo)
Feb 1, 7:44 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Cool date in the laundry!!!
kekeke
Feb 1, 11:35 AM
Jan 2023
I know this is gonna be unfair for the anime and especially this episode in particular.

I was deeply invested in the love birds seen in the laundry room, a beautiful connection..... Until the man decides to say "Du bist Süss", which is german for "You are cute"..... In my life I have never heard a sentence that sent such shiwers down my spine. By the dear gods, that was the cringes thing I have heard/seen in a long while. A japanese accent, saying a german sentence, that in my german life time non have ever truly said to anybody, with a deep voice. That single moment ruined that episode for me, as Mister child predator just replaced our dear man for the rest of the episode.
Feb 2, 1:49 AM
May 2020
Wholesome vibey, really good representation of what a deaf person might encounter
Feb 3, 10:56 AM

May 2020
Ideally there should be no reason whatsoever for Yuki to feel this way, I mean we're just at episode three. Moreover I could literally count the number of times they've met yet on my four fingers, but still for some reason we could see flowers blooming in the background whenever Yuki's talking with the dude.

Nah man, also if that childhood friend wasn't already enough, that we got another super annoying character.

Why every character voiced by Touyama Nao has to be like that lol.
Feb 4, 5:06 PM
May 2016
fiveteen letters needed. GOOD
Feb 5, 7:58 PM
May 2017
Reply to gawed
weird that they didn't translate what Itsuomi says over the head of Yuki in another language.

because it's kinda relevant: in the manga at least he speaks in German:" You're cute".
@gawed thank you for this, I came to the comments looking for a translation!!
Feb 14, 4:11 PM

Dec 2020
Well, another wholesome episode ! They really are made to be together. Their relationship seems to evolve really fast which is good.

I kinda figure it out that Ema hadn't any chances and it seems it isn't the first time she tryes to seduce him. I really hope she doesn't destroy the notebook.

On the other hand Yuki's childhood friend begins to show his true colors. He really has the role that annoys you in any anime. He may want to protect her but his reaction tends more to a possessive behavior.
"You'll Never Know... Unless You Keep Moving Forward." - Eren Yeager

Feb 15, 12:05 PM

Oct 2017
Cute and sweet stuff mostly. Liked the interactions between the two mains. But here comes the shoujo drama.
Feb 27, 1:55 PM
Jul 2022
This whole anime is so sweet, and the feelings this episode gave me are indescribable, they are so sweet to one another (☆▽☆)
Mar 3, 1:14 AM
Feb 2021
I have a question. How did she say at 8:41 „Hearing that makes me feel…“ . While im at it, why can she sometimes read lips and sometimes not

Mar 3, 8:44 AM
Mar 2022
Reply to Twentyboo
Emma is so overly pushy...
@Twentyboo Not really.
Mar 3, 8:47 AM
Mar 2022
Reply to YagamiLight_1212
Emma obviously has feelings for Itsoumi and I feel like she’s going to find out he’s interested in Yuki and it’s going to cause tension. I’m excited for next week’s episode!
@YagamiLight_1212
YagamiLight_1212 said:
feel like she’s going to find out he’s interested in Yuki and it’s going to cause tension.

Emma is not that bad 😭
Mar 3, 1:32 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
kisaragi_eki said:
@YagamiLight_1212
YagamiLight_1212 said:
feel like she’s going to find out he’s interested in Yuki and it’s going to cause tension.

Emma is not that bad 😭

I know she’s not. I’m not saying she is, I’m just saying Itsoumi isn’t interested in Emma 😆
Mar 29, 11:14 AM
Nov 2021
LOve love, But I accidentally put 1 on the first two episodes and I do not know how to change it help. haha. Loving this anime more and more
Mar 29, 2:50 PM
Jun 2020
Sooo lovely!!! ♡
Apr 3, 8:32 AM
Jun 2022
1) That Tissue Stop Was Hilarious.

2) Her Childhood Friend Is Good , Lil Crude But Good.

3) MC Face Close Ups Are Creepy .

4) Since Pure Romance Is Not My Thing , Sayonara Renren!
Apr 12, 12:02 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
They're getting closer and closer, even meeting up during night time, but looks like Yuki really has a rival
Apr 27, 9:35 PM
Jul 2020
I notice that the anime is keeping a pretty steady pace with the manga so far. By the end of episode 3, you'll be a little way into chapter 5. I like that they're keeping up with the manga. I already wish they released a season 2. I'm looking forward to any news.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yubisaki to Renren Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 27

126 by Phixiately »»
Yesterday, 7:24 AM

Poll: » Yubisaki to Renren Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 23

194 by Darkiiii »»
May 6, 10:22 PM

» About OST

demonaman293 - May 1

1 by RaVeN_Mortus »»
May 1, 4:30 PM

» SEASON 2???!!

kisaragi_eki - Apr 9

18 by Vicky9anime »»
May 1, 1:45 AM

Poll: » Yubisaki to Renren Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 16

116 by bucciest »»
Apr 30, 4:56 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.