Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 15, 7:58 AM

Nov 2011
Only two episodes in and we already got an episode with a date of sorts. Given the weather and season, it was decided the episode would have a Winter Festival theme. I think it was also kinda interesting to get more insight on Minami's family.

Speaking of which, she got dressed up in casual outfit so it made Tsukasa blush really hard. I do hope he develops more confidence around her. At the moment, he is still very awkward and his scenes makes me roll my eyes at times.

Jan 15, 7:59 AM

May 2020
Well, that’s a very colourful family our main girl has. They should’ve shown the hair colour of her father too, but guess that’s for later. Anyways, in the sequence of naturally impossible events, this particular time our protag spent time in a winter festival with the main girl.

Though I’m kind of wondering if she’s the only person who could feel and see his sorry appearance, as I mean we still haven’t seen any other person, be it a girl or a boy coming and interacting with him. Be it that way, they went there and like ever, dude was acting as if he had seen many things for the very first time in his life. Not sure why Fuyuki’s not getting creeped out, like genuinely lol.

Also, what kind of life did the dude lead before coming to the place? I can understand him never being able to talk with a creature of the opposite gender, but him saying he never even went to some kind of festival or heck even outdoors, and never having consumed even cup noodles and sorts was hilarious.

Not sure what was there to be sad about for Fuyuki when the dude said he and the girl are just some plain classmates. It’s just the second episode for god’s sake lol. And yes, he’s a typical rich boy for whatever reason.
Jan 15, 7:59 AM

Dec 2021
Tsubasa is braver than a lot of other romance MCs – gotta hand it to him for that.

Tsubasa finds himself going to the "Kitami Winter Festival" with Minami. Nervous Tsubasa eagerly anticipates messages and selfies from Minami in the lead-up to the festival. On the other hand, Minami seems a bit anxious. Then, one day, Minami, full of curiosity, decides to visit Tsubasa's house. Along the way, Minami discovers a small snow hut and, wanting to enter together, takes Tsubasa's hand. Tsubasa, feeling an even closer connection than usual, is excited. From behind, Tsubasa's grandmother, who happened to be there, calls out to them.

Just enjoying the relief of not having another guy who completely loses it when a girl happens to be around. I mean, come on, this is just your run-of-the-mill human level of awkwardness. Sure, homemade meals are nice, but there's nothing like digging into some yakisoba anytime, anywhere. Ahhhhh, so THAT'S WHY he's on the hunt for a serious girlfriend with black hair and good manners. It was kind of strange how he had this specific type in mind, especially when you see how quickly he gets attracted to Minami. And

Tsubasa being super-rich? Okay, that actually makes sense, considering his shy demeanor and all. Also new gal next week?

Jan 15, 10:29 AM

Feb 2021
Summer festival ✕
Winter festival 〇
Sugar on corn dogs seemed weird to me at first, but now I actually want to try it...
11:20 Another package that's exactly the same as the real one.

The MC denying that he is a friend with the FMC is one of the tropes I dislike the most, thankfully it was resolved quickly here.
I thought that Tsubasa's family isn't rich and it just was Fuyuki's impression, but they are actually rich...?
The ED is cute.
And there is a scene after credits.
Jan 15, 10:34 AM

Dec 2010
>censored pantyshots
I thought the appeal of this show was supposed to be the unashamed gyaru fanservice. Silver Link never fails to blow my mind.
Jan 15, 10:38 AM

Jul 2011
Fuyuki's family have so many different hair colors.

When you live in a place for so long that a festival becomes, meh.

Such lewd conversation going on, in front of Tsubasa's gradma.
Jan 15, 10:43 AM

Mar 2021
Minami has such a cute family it was great to see them and she is just so adorable when Tsubasa made her blush
Jan 15, 10:49 AM

Oct 2016
Hokkaido gyarus! We need more of them!!
Jan 15, 11:01 AM

Dec 2017
Grandma approves... so uhhh... marry each other already?
❝Kabo-chan is ran by the MAL staff team and does not respond to individual comments made on her profile.❞
I was immensely devastated.
Jan 15, 11:02 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Fuyuki really is cute in so many ways. Her safety conscious approach to granny was absolutely adorable.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 15, 11:03 AM

Oct 2017
Minami's so cute. Watching her doing her stuff is fun in itself. Her mom and sister are cute too. The date was nice, it was fun watching them enjoying their time together, sweet stuff. Glad there wasn't any unnecessary drama with Shiki calling her just a classmate.
Jan 15, 11:05 AM
Aug 2020
the episode was good but things are going too fast...

does the dude have friends? does he talk to the others classmates?

the fan service is ok but they exaggerating too much

at the end of the day, it's not bad but far from a must watch...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Jan 15, 11:09 AM
Sep 2015
Not only Tsubasa is rich, it seems like his family is also an old money.
Jan 15, 11:14 AM
Oct 2010
Ffs, his constant blushing, stammering, and freaking out drive me up a damned wall. Wanted something light and fluffy for the season but he irritates me entirely too much.
Jan 15, 11:16 AM
Feb 2023
Super Cute! Show really knows how to keep thinks cute but also just steamy enough
Jan 15, 11:18 AM

Jan 2023
A ton, and I mean a ton, of very cute moments in this episode :)
Their 'date' at the winter festival, in particular, was super adorale, I really liked it.

The ending was also really nice.
I'm glad she didn't let herself get discouraged and kept trying to stay close to the boy she clearly likes.
And then that priceless pouting face she makes when she complains about being 'just a classmate' to him, and his whispered answer 'you're a very important friend to me': I had a big smile on my face all along.

I like how they're a bit shy, for sure, but also seem pretty honest about their feelings for each other.
It is refreshing to see main characters in a romcom so honest with each other :)
Jan 15, 11:22 AM

Dec 2022
this sparks the beginning of the akino arc
Jan 15, 11:32 AM
Feb 2020
With this amount of delicious food, I got hungry 🤤 Such an awesome episode. Fuyuki is too gorgeous, omg, and Akino seems an interesting addition
Jan 15, 11:40 AM
Apr 2021
Don't know about u guys... But I was smiling like a maniac after watching this. Man episode 2 was super cute. Grandma was like : Come home and I'm going teach you some lessons 🤣🤣
After watching fmc : Nah I change my mind
Jan 15, 11:54 AM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
A perfect episode to watch on this snowy winter day, I especially loved the whole festival bit, I’m so used to summer festivals in anime so I didn’t realize winter festivals were also a thing, Fuyuki had a very cute outfit for this part too. And I really liked how Fuyuki’s mind got changed by Tsubasa on whether the festival would be fun or not, he was really enjoying himself so it would be hard to not enjoy his enjoyment alone lol, and of course they had that corndog scene in there which was very funny.

And I also loved the bit where the two of them tried their lunches for school, this ended up giving Fuyuki the impression that Tsubasa is rich tho lol. And then came the snow fort bit, and I’m not sure how it sounded in Japanese but I know the subtitles really did a good job making that way more raunchy than it was supposed to be lol, really well done, and definitely a bad thing for grandma to walk in on. And that last bit where Fuyuki stuck around after she was supposed to leave was very sweet, Tsubasa has a keeper right there and hopefully grandma can see that over time. And we ended up getting teased on the next girl, I’m definitely looking forward to what she’s about, the mobile game is intriguing already.

And that ED was very good, great song by Asaka who I have not heard many songs from but all have been bangers (Higurashi Gou and Summertime Render), cute visuals featuring the babes of the show as well.
TheColonel76Jan 15, 11:57 AM
Jan 15, 12:05 PM
Mar 2023
the different vibes and feeling throughout the entire episode was astonishing
Jan 15, 12:08 PM

Jul 2020
it's such a sweet story, I seriously don't want this to turn into a harem/love triangle show
but tbh it kinda reminds me of Fuufu Ijou, Koibito Miman in winter setting
Jan 15, 12:17 PM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
What can i say? It is really cute, i did not expect this.
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Jan 15, 1:22 PM
Apr 2013
EP 2

I still have no idea what is dosanko namara menkoi
Hell even the op says something but i dunno

Wait thats the ep? really awkward place to end
No sign of the other two girls yet. Not much to say really. I mean its ok to have some time with minami and tsubasa
Oh wait there's a post ed scene. Looks like most likely the next girl will be showing up in ep 3 then.

I mean I dunno. The way minami speaks isnt thaaat different, but I still have no idea what is dosanko or namara or menkoi. Is it a japanese thing or like a hokkaido thing, it seems like they're just assuming the audience knows already and aren't gonna explain it.

A very simple episode. Kinda weird though. Not much to actually say.

It's kinda awkward because I was like "where are the other girls", and then it seems the post ed scene implies the next girl is going to show up next ep.

At the same time I'm also like, kinda would have liked more minami and tsubasa time, but I guess having minami and tsubasa only for 3 eps might be too much? They can always have more time in the later eps I guess

I'm actually quite surprised at how popular the anime is, apparently I'm not the only one looking forward to it. This ep was fairly slow though.
CocoaGalaxyJan 15, 1:30 PM
Jan 15, 1:39 PM
Oct 2021
i loved this ep v easy to watch
Jan 15, 2:19 PM

Feb 2019
Well things are definitely moving quickly with Tsubasa and Fuyuki! Already on their first date.

The winter festival looked really fun. I’d love to go to one one day. Seeing an outsider enjoy the local Kitami charm made Fuyuki appreciate how nice her hometown is which was sweet. Grass is always greener on the other side, but the space, vibes and atmosphere of Hokkaido are unmatched.

Speaking of which, eating lunch together at school and getting a little sampler of local Hokkaido foods and treats was awesome. There’s way too much Tokyo slice of life stuff these days so seeing Hokkaido which is kind of like the last frontier of the main islands being highlighted like this is great.

Nice dose of ecchi today with the igloo scene. Fuyuki really gotta be more careful with her phrasing. Poor Tsubasa grandma damn near had a heart attack thinking she’d witnessed something she shouldn’t have lmao. Everything came full circle since Fuyuki had just mentioned wanting to marry his grandma earlier in the ep, and they end up meeting at the end.

He looks so happy when he’s with Fuyuki and everyone around can tell. I’m happy for him.

So far first two episodes have been ok. My main issue is things are moving a little too fast between the two leads. As soon as they met she was all over him and now they’re already on dates and hanging out with family etc. I know you probably have to do that to keep the target audience engaged, but taking things a little slower would’ve been nice. Then of course the usual shonen romance MC syndrome with him being flustered all the time, but it is what it is.

Main girl is cute and it’s hokkaido based which is enough for rn.
Marinate1016Jan 15, 2:37 PM
Jan 15, 2:20 PM
Jul 2022
I liked this episode
Jan 15, 2:42 PM

Dec 2017
Reply to CocoaGalaxy
EP 2

Hell even the op says something but i dunno

Wait thats the ep? really awkward place to end
No sign of the other two girls yet. Not much to say really. I mean its ok to have some time with minami and tsubasa
Oh wait there's a post ed scene. Looks like most likely the next girl will be showing up in ep 3 then.

I mean I dunno. The way minami speaks isnt thaaat different, but I still have no idea what is dosanko or namara or menkoi. Is it a japanese thing or like a hokkaido thing, it seems like they're just assuming the audience knows already and aren't gonna explain it.

A very simple episode. Kinda weird though. Not much to actually say.

It's kinda awkward because I was like "where are the other girls", and then it seems the post ed scene implies the next girl is going to show up next ep.

At the same time I'm also like, kinda would have liked more minami and tsubasa time, but I guess having minami and tsubasa only for 3 eps might be too much? They can always have more time in the later eps I guess

I'm actually quite surprised at how popular the anime is, apparently I'm not the only one looking forward to it. This ep was fairly slow though.
It means something like "really cute Hokkaido gals."
❝Kabo-chan is ran by the MAL staff team and does not respond to individual comments made on her profile.❞
I was immensely devastated.
Jan 15, 2:47 PM
Aug 2017
I was wondering how they were going to animate the snow fort scene, but instead they made it a slide show with dialogue. I am both disappointed,but also a bit relieved they didn't force anything there, since I can imagine it would be hard to animate something decent. Now I wonder how they will animate the other scene that is just a couple chapters from now :P :D
Jan 15, 3:02 PM

Oct 2016
episode ends so abruptly i thought my file was broken lmao
Jan 15, 3:30 PM

Feb 2014
It's hard not to smile at how fun Tsubasa and Minami were having throughout this episode. Their little date at the Kitami Winter Festival was pretty wholesome and cute, with the pair enjoying the food, as well as admiring the ice and snow sculptures amongst other things. It did also lead to Tsubasa jumping in to stop Minami from falling over, which led to more cute blushing between the two of them. =)

The same cuteness with their interactions continued at school with how they shared their lunches with each other. I do like how this gave Minami the impression that Tsubasa was from a rich family, which he immediately downplayed that claim.

The moment where Minami went into the snow fort with Tsubasa was pretty sexy, though. Their conversation got more lewd, which was unfortunately picked up by Tsubasa's Grandma. Despite the awkward timing, Minami was able to give off a good impression on Tsubasa's Grandma. The one thing that Minami did get spot on was that Tsubasa's house was pretty large, so it does reinforce her claim of Tsubasa being from a rich family by a bit. XD

I do look forward to seeing more of this series next week, where we should get to see a new girl step into the limelight.
Jan 15, 3:40 PM

Apr 2014
Reply to Meta_Yoshi
It's hard not to smile at how fun Tsubasa and Minami were having throughout this episode. Their little date at the Kitami Winter Festival was pretty wholesome and cute, with the pair enjoying the food, as well as admiring the ice and snow sculptures amongst other things. It did also lead to Tsubasa jumping in to stop Minami from falling over, which led to more cute blushing between the two of them. =)

The same cuteness with their interactions continued at school with how they shared their lunches with each other. I do like how this gave Minami the impression that Tsubasa was from a rich family, which he immediately downplayed that claim.

The moment where Minami went into the snow fort with Tsubasa was pretty sexy, though. Their conversation got more lewd, which was unfortunately picked up by Tsubasa's Grandma. Despite the awkward timing, Minami was able to give off a good impression on Tsubasa's Grandma. The one thing that Minami did get spot on was that Tsubasa's house was pretty large, so it does reinforce her claim of Tsubasa being from a rich family by a bit. XD

I do look forward to seeing more of this series next week, where we should get to see a new girl step into the limelight.
@Meta_Yoshi

I dont cause this TRASH ANIME is censored as fk.

Fk Silver Link ngl, never going to buy any merchandise again where this shitty studio is attached to.

Seriously looked soooo forward to seeing it adapted and then they censor it seriously fk them.
"Even villains have standards"
-Accelerator-

Jan 15, 3:41 PM

Apr 2014
Reply to DarkDooM2
>censored pantyshots
I thought the appeal of this show was supposed to be the unashamed gyaru fanservice. Silver Link never fails to blow my mind.
@DarkDooM2

Yeah this fking trash is censored.

Fk Silver Link, they ain't gonna get any dime from me.

Spineless cowards.
-Accelerator-

Jan 15, 4:09 PM

Sep 2016
Same cheese as last time, seems like the generic cliches will keep going.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Jan 15, 4:25 PM

Nov 2023
A "date" episode this early!?

I really liked the festival and seeing both of their families was pretty cool.
Jan 15, 4:37 PM

Sep 2023
MC went from 8000 HP to 0 real quick when he saw Fuyuki-san xD I can't get over his stupid hat tho! A corn dog with sugar? Is that a thing?

Haha those dialogues in the igloo were not PG! We get to meet the next gyaru in upcoming episode, drama forthcoming?
Jan 15, 4:38 PM
May 2022
Look I know the Dress Up Darling comparisons have already been made, but it’s really just that but without any good characters or development. Just cookie cutter and add some ecchi because and that will keep people around and idk. I didn’t really have high hopes but it’s just doing nothing. Audibly groaned at the igloo part. I doubt next episode will change my mind but I’ll at least give it 3 episodes.
Jan 15, 4:46 PM

Apr 2014
Reply to Huntee1999
Look I know the Dress Up Darling comparisons have already been made, but it’s really just that but without any good characters or development. Just cookie cutter and add some ecchi because and that will keep people around and idk. I didn’t really have high hopes but it’s just doing nothing. Audibly groaned at the igloo part. I doubt next episode will change my mind but I’ll at least give it 3 episodes.
@Huntee1999

Not even the ecchi is done properly, they censored various panty shots from the manga lmao.
-Accelerator-

Jan 15, 4:57 PM
Mar 2020
a couple more items for my hokkaido to-do list (or, as it's rapidly becoming, my to-eat list). this show is doing a great job of serving its primary purpose of being hokkaido tourism propaganda.

as a fanservicey harem rom-com, though, it's still pretty mid.
Jan 15, 5:01 PM

Apr 2014
Reply to quintopia
a couple more items for my hokkaido to-do list (or, as it's rapidly becoming, my to-eat list). this show is doing a great job of serving its primary purpose of being hokkaido tourism propaganda.

as a fanservicey harem rom-com, though, it's still pretty mid.
@quintopia

It's censored and mid.
-Accelerator-

Jan 15, 5:14 PM

May 2019
It seems like grandma runs the show and Shiki was ready to give up on being friends with Minami but luckily Minami's determination worked out and she ended up being able to visit Tsubasa's house. Also, I'm not sure why Shiki couldn't have just told his grandma that she's his friend but luckily that misunderstanding was resolved fairly quickly. Lastly, what's up with putting sugar on corn dogs?? Never even thought of doing that but it sounds interesting.
Jan 15, 5:39 PM

Nov 2021
Cute episode full of the typical anime romance tropes lol. I really like the ED song, it perfectly matches the show
Jan 15, 5:52 PM

Apr 2022
they were lowkey getting freaky in the lil igloo. couple of ups and downs this episode but resolved in the end.
Jan 15, 6:11 PM
Oct 2020
I love the build up and preparation for the next arc of the story
Jan 15, 6:19 PM
Dec 2022
from "we're just classmate" to "I think of you as very important friend"

bro is recovering real quick.. shy boy what
mf is smooth operator
Jan 15, 6:36 PM

Jul 2016
Tsubasa may be a blushing mess but he sure knows when to express himself. He screwed up but quickly recovered by telling Minami she's important to him. Bravo.
Jan 15, 7:48 PM
Nov 2023
I pity the poor virgin children who cry over a pantsu shot being sanitised for tv. They need to get real girlfriends maybe?
But to me, a really warm fun show, moving in the right direction. MC may be a bit spineless in ep 1, but Fuyuki’s gyaru enthusiasm is really helping him to evolve. Even if the population of mainland japan is falling due to fear of social interaction, them Hokkaido gals know how to stay warm in winter 😳 This is just getting started, I’m hoping for great things.
And to answer a few folks above, her hair colour is obviously bleach blonde, she’s a gyaru! Her imouto has peach colour hair, and is even named Momo (peach) so I reckon Minami is the same naturally. They even share identical ahoge! Not sure why the name Minami tho, it means south.
Jan 15, 8:19 PM
Aug 2022
Ep2 was alot of fun, I gotta to try powdered sugar on my next corn dog!!

Remember boys,... a lovely Gyaru always, ALWAYS, gets her way!! Minami is Best Gal 2024!!
Jan 15, 8:46 PM
Mar 2015
Our boi and gril are getting close
Jan 15, 9:46 PM
Jan 2024
funny asl, bro they freaky af, and granny rlly caught em lacking thats crazy
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Who is your favourite gal, till episode 6?

tamal4030 - Feb 17

25 by bastek66 »»
May 29, 7:48 PM

Poll: » Dosanko Gal wa Namara Menkoi Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 19

75 by Fortress_Maximus »»
May 22, 4:02 PM

» Tsubasa's Personality

FiddlePie - Jan 27

40 by Gator »»
May 22, 8:44 AM

Poll: » Dosanko Gal wa Namara Menkoi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 25

113 by Gator »»
May 22, 8:29 AM

Poll: » Dosanko Gal wa Namara Menkoi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 18

105 by Gator »»
May 22, 8:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.