Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Shin no Nakama ja Nai to Yuusha no Party wo Oidasareta node, Henkyou de Slow Life suru Koto ni Shimashita 2nd Episode 2 Discussion

Banished from the Hero's Party, I Decided to Live a Quiet Life in the Countryside (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 14, 6:51 AM

Dec 2021
It's really nice to see Red and Rit coming back together with Yarandrala.

Red and Ruti, who reunited with Yarandrala, are proposed to relocate to the Kingdom of Kiramin. They are bewildered by Yarandrala's persistent perseverance. Yarandrala then expresses that she wasn't too happy about Red getting kicked out, so, at Tisse's suggestion, they decide to take a dip in the hot springs to cool down.

You know, I just realized that Red is on the hunt for an engagement ring, but I can't recall them actually getting engaged. Maybe I missed it in the last season? Also, these last two episodes felt a bit like filler, as if they were supposed to set up the next story arc, but it feels like they forgot to actually start it. It's pretty convenient that Ruti is still strong even though she doesn't have the power of the hero alongside her now. On the other hand, Ruti made some interesting declarations of love, and things got quite eventful. Poor Red lol.

Looks like Van and his "hero party" are planning to head towards Zoltan in the future.

Jan 14, 7:18 AM
Sep 2015
That monster seems to be man-made.
Jan 14, 8:15 AM

Jul 2019
Now that they have returned to Zoltan, i can't wait for more nice and peaceful vibes like that of season 1. Hope the upcoming fighting bit is small in comparison and we get more rit and red moments~
Jan 14, 10:53 AM
Jul 2015
I don't know if I remember the first season having this many ecchi/bathing scenes, and that opening sure is something. Not complaining at all
Jan 14, 11:21 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
A land that while located in the cold mountains neverless has a spring climate due to magic sounds like paradise. The usage of shadows here to enhance the pace of their convo was pretty novel. Now that hot spring was one that had a great view lol. Ruti's way too attached to Red though. The gem beast sure was larger than i expected. Aside from its size and attack power its shell was also a nusance as well. The ability to replicate their attacks though takes the cake when it came to being annoying. Defeating the beast by essentially lowering its power level was a pretty cool way of ending it. Meanwhile on the other front doesn't take a genius to tell you that the priest is shifty. Drala moving to Zoltan should liven things up thats for sure.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 14, 11:24 AM

Feb 2019
Yea it’s definitely more than friendship Yarandala feel for Gideon 😂 . I already got that vibe after that hug at the end of last episode, but today was confirmation. I mean she was devastated when they didn’t wanna come to the high elves homeland. Why would she think they’d pack up their bags and leave a place they’ve been established in so long?

Then in the bath she goes and barges in on him when she finds out he’s alone. Then you have the stuff with Rutti wanting to be Red’s partner. “I may not be able to marry him, but I can be his number one lover” I love harem spice so no complaints here. A little fanservice never hurt anyone

The gem beast fight was cool. It was nice to see everyone working together to defeat it. But now that it’s down, I’m looking forward to some more cozy slice of life moments in the coming episodes… at least until the new hero gets there which the last scene sets up. The guy ordering him around is definitely up to no good
Marinate1016Jan 14, 11:44 AM
Jan 14, 12:30 PM

Nov 2018
For me, the protagonist should stay with the elf too.
Jan 14, 1:21 PM
May 2017
Reply to YoshiYogurt
I don't know if I remember the first season having this many ecchi/bathing scenes, and that opening sure is something. Not complaining at all
@YoshiYogurt Yes, the previous season had enough ecchi.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Jan 14, 3:36 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Yarandrala wouldn’t be so baffled at Red and Rit wanting to stay in Zoltan if she knew the wholesome times we’ve had along the way lol, I’m glad by the end she had changed her mind and decided to try living there herself, so I guess this opening arc of the season isn’t all we’re gonna be seeing of her. I also really liked the hot spring scene, having that view would be a slice of heaven, and of course the fanservice was nice too, there was good comedy there when the girls decided to join Red in the bath as well, even Ruti joined in after saying some sus stuff regarding her brother lol, the cutoff scream really made that moment.

And the source of the problems on the mountain not just for the forest, but the gem giants as well was a giant monster called the Gen Beast, he honestly looked like something I wanted to throw a master ball at lol, love the design, and it was actually very strong too giving how it seemingly took no damage and even used the gang’s own magic against them, I feel like the fight could have went on for a bit longer but they dealt with it fairly quickly mainly thanks to Ruti and her shields, but overall it was all of their combined efforts that finally took it down. And we ended on some more stuff with this Van kid, and of course it looks like the focus is shifting over to Zoltan, not sure how slow life is gonna be going forward lol.
Jan 14, 3:41 PM

Nov 2012
There it is! The Japanese infatuation with incest!
Jan 14, 5:56 PM

Sep 2020
Tisse's internal reactions are still on point this season.
Jan 14, 7:05 PM

May 2021
Reply to dragynfaerie
There it is! The Japanese infatuation with incest!
@dragynfaerie this throws me off every time, even if I am expecting it.
Jan 14, 8:48 PM

Feb 2012
Looks like Ruti hasn't given up rofl. Really liking the elf girl a lot so far. I'm ok with a possible harem route direction.
Jan 14, 8:57 PM

Nov 2012
Reply to MeanEYE
@dragynfaerie this throws me off every time, even if I am expecting it.
@MeanEYE You're not alone.
Jan 14, 9:19 PM
Aug 2020
it was a good episode

the fight was not easy but not too hard.

big problems on the next episode
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Jan 14, 11:40 PM

Feb 2011
Hell yeah, we got some bro-con Ruti moments in this episode, and the entire cast naked.

Elf chick has joined the village as well. Harem soon pls?

Just need to get the assassin on board and our man Red is set.

10/10 episode

Jan 15, 12:05 AM
Apr 2023
Ruti is still OP but she seems to have some 'questionable ambitions'.
Anyway, the current hero group is planning to pin the new hero to fight Ruti. I am guessing they wanted Ruti to become a fodder/exp source to boost the new hero's blessings
Jan 15, 2:57 AM

May 2021
Reply to dragynfaerie
@MeanEYE You're not alone.
@dragynfaerie it gets even weirder the more you think about it. Their inability to talk to a female without busting a bloody nose probably means part of that incest infatuation is just a convenience thing. With sister they can talk without fainting.
Jan 15, 4:45 AM

Oct 2017
It was really nice to see Yarandrala with Red and Rit and happy that she'll stay with them for now. Onsen fanservice was great, Ruti has the best plan lol. Making Rit the wife and she will be his lover, Tisse's reaction was priceless. Action with the gem monster was good but looks like they didn't get the gem for her ring even after defeating it.
Jan 15, 8:28 AM

Mar 2017
Really disappointed they seem to be introducing harem elements. I don't mind fan service, but the unambiguous monogamy in the first season was refreshing...
Jan 15, 11:05 AM

May 2015
When you think it's a wholesome show with all flavour of relationships explored, an engaged couple, family, friendship... and then Ruti spouts this nonsense about being her brother's lover. Like, wtf. Last season their bond was shown in a really nice way, brother-sister strongly caring for each other in a normal way, and it wasn't going anywhere beyond into incest territory, as far as I remember. Really disappointed. It could be such a good show without any of this.
Jan 15, 12:09 PM
Jul 2022
Reply to Ten
When you think it's a wholesome show with all flavour of relationships explored, an engaged couple, family, friendship... and then Ruti spouts this nonsense about being her brother's lover. Like, wtf. Last season their bond was shown in a really nice way, brother-sister strongly caring for each other in a normal way, and it wasn't going anywhere beyond into incest territory, as far as I remember. Really disappointed. It could be such a good show without any of this.
@Ten it felt more like a joke than anything else, thankfully. would suck ass otherwise, but I doubt they'd veer into harem crap territory after how they handled the first season
Jan 15, 1:10 PM
Oct 2022
I really liked the first season of this anime. Red and Rit are adorable. Getting a bit tired of the romantic feelings between siblings trope though. Not very pleased to see it pop up in this one too. Hopefully that was a one and done joke and not some ongoing thing. Theres a ton of room between having absolutely no feelings and wanting to bang your brother Ruti.
Jan 15, 1:11 PM

Jun 2019
Will come out now as a stalwart supporter of Ruti's plan and may it be brought through to fruition in good order in line with the most pleasing and convenient manner in which she envisions it. To me it sounds like a marvelous plan.

I was going to watch the second season of this series regardless as the series as a whole, on display in the first season, already had some basic elements on the surface which innately appealed to me, such as being a high fantasy rather than another isekai, having plenty of Slice of Life episodes and scenes and being unafraid to blend seemingly disparate genres smoothly enough, and even some pleasant OST tracks in the music department.

But Ruti not being in her own separate side story and joining Gideon/Red and the main group and setting in Zoltan already made it better. Ruti never allowing her love candle and plans of devotion for her older brother, friend, and object of admiration and affection to be extinguished puts it over the top. You go, girl. You go, Ruti!
Jan 15, 1:41 PM

May 2015
Reply to epsilonflash
@Ten it felt more like a joke than anything else, thankfully. would suck ass otherwise, but I doubt they'd veer into harem crap territory after how they handled the first season
@epsilonflash That's my only hope, that she said it too seriously for shock effect to tease Tisse. Still, sent quite a wrong vibe onto the whole show.
Jan 15, 1:57 PM
Aug 2021
it was fine, nothing out of the ordenary
Jan 15, 4:20 PM
Jul 2014
anyone know what was inscribed on the gem beast's body?
Jan 15, 5:02 PM

Mar 2017
Reply to Ten
@epsilonflash That's my only hope, that she said it too seriously for shock effect to tease Tisse. Still, sent quite a wrong vibe onto the whole show.
@Ten I'd like to imagine she meant lover in a platonic way and the joke was the misunderstanding, but I'm not sure how that holds up to the original dialogue
Jan 15, 7:45 PM

Nov 2012
Reply to MeanEYE
@dragynfaerie it gets even weirder the more you think about it. Their inability to talk to a female without busting a bloody nose probably means part of that incest infatuation is just a convenience thing. With sister they can talk without fainting.
@MeanEYE hmmmm interesting. And when it's the other way around? Some kind of psychological thing regarding purity & chastity, perhaps. Gotta be a good girl.
Jan 15, 11:47 PM

Sep 2016
Wincest flag I repeat wincest flag!
bruh
Jan 16, 1:01 AM

May 2021
dragynfaerie said:
@MeanEYE hmmmm interesting. And when it's the other way around? Some kind of psychological thing regarding purity & chastity, perhaps. Gotta be a good girl.

Perhaps it's gotta do with motherly instinct or with authority? Who knows. I'm just talking out of my ass. It's definitely not a natural behavior either way.
MeanEYEJan 16, 2:27 AM
Jan 16, 2:42 PM

Nov 2012
Reply to MeanEYE
dragynfaerie said:

Perhaps it's gotta do with motherly instinct or with authority? Who knows. I'm just talking out of my ass. It's definitely not a natural behavior either way.
@MeanEYE LOL We both are cuz in the end, as you said, it is not a natural behavior. It's not sane either.
Jan 17, 1:00 AM
Sep 2019
Okay so I forgot in season 1 are they both blood related? I'm really hoping so. 😅😰
Jan 17, 5:44 AM

Jun 2019
WarriorReborn140 said:
Okay so I forgot in season 1 are they both blood related? I'm really hoping so.

Yes, they are neither step-siblings nor was there ever anything said or shown to indicate that either or both were adopted or anything like that, or any other scenario which would make them anything other than full-blood siblings. Thankfully.
Jan 17, 7:59 AM
Sep 2021
This episode fills up you on the adventure aspect of life like discovering new places & people, defeating strong monster etc. and also taking a good bath can give relief to all your stress & exhaustion.
Jan 17, 5:50 PM
Sep 2020
fulfilling episode, hope it will keep this up till the end
Jan 18, 7:37 PM
Jan 2018
Ruti can be the first wife, and the blonde can be his lover. Also, the new “hero” kid and the fairy girl should be banished imo, they’re up to no good!
Jan 19, 8:35 PM

Jul 2017
Red and Rit's reunion with Yarandrala, she defintely has opinions about the both of them exiting their circumstances being concerned about them. And despite her wanting them to move to her place of Kiramon, Zoltan is more than enough for family life. And in a chilly weather like this, being in a hot spring heals the body nearby the gem giants' place to find material to make the engagement ring for their marriage. Despite Tisse asking Ruti about what she feels for both Red and Rit, being his No. 1 lover while Rit being his No. 1 wife, the bro-con sure has some weird ideas going for her.

Going to the gem giants' place to trade in glass, despite not having any gems, they're OK with it. But a gem beast raiding their settlement turning their gems into lead, it's definitely bad, but to face a monster which they've never seen before, it's even more fearsome encountering one of a rather large size with little to no vulnerability at all, using their attacks against them with an infinity of Blessing. And using the high elves' antidote which was used on Ademi before, works the trick, bringing life back to the gem giants.

With that out of the way, Red and Rit can finally plan their welcoming party...as well as a demon lord airship which coincides with the Hero's party and Van to build his skills as well.

It would not be long before Zoltan would see significant activity again...
Jan 19, 9:57 PM

Dec 2018
bath scene was funny with the spider rolling down the spring and the weird spin ruti did after the others left their hot spring to harass red
i was thinking the gem monster would have a weakspot in his underbelly or something. what was that writing?
Jan 20, 3:50 AM
Jan 2020
I think it was a good episode in general. With the new heroe there and the other member of the hero's party, it makes me won't to watch the next episodes
Jan 20, 10:20 PM
Aug 2019
Carbon copy awful isekai, just without the isekai
Jan 21, 9:30 AM

Apr 2022
It's kind of bullshit how much trouble they had with a single monster, especially considering that they had the true hero with them. Is she supposed to be weaker now or something? i thought she'd be overpowered to the maximum
Mar 25, 10:52 PM
Jul 2021
JUST OKEY NOTING MORE
Mar 31, 1:15 PM

Mar 2013
All the girl invading his bath and the "manly" cry was a really funny joke
Apr 9, 8:54 AM

Sep 2012
didn't expect the sis to have a thing for her brother (she is wild) and Tisse's reaction to her lol
Apr 14, 1:24 AM
Oct 2013
What happened to living a peaceful life now? The show turned into another fantasy action harem loosely based on party themed JRPG games. What a shame.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do you like the new Hero Van or not?

BonBonToro - Feb 18

12 by GRIMMMlol »»
May 5, 2:57 PM

Poll: » Shin no Nakama ja Nai to Yuusha no Party wo Oidasareta node, Henkyou de Slow Life suru Koto ni Shimashita 2nd Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 24

40 by KinjiKido »»
May 2, 10:15 PM

Poll: » Shin no Nakama ja Nai to Yuusha no Party wo Oidasareta node, Henkyou de Slow Life suru Koto ni Shimashita 2nd Episode 7 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Feb 18

20 by Muow »»
Apr 21, 4:15 AM

Poll: » Shin no Nakama ja Nai to Yuusha no Party wo Oidasareta node, Henkyou de Slow Life suru Koto ni Shimashita 2nd Episode 11 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Mar 17

30 by Sugram22 »»
Apr 10, 2:51 AM

Poll: » Shin no Nakama ja Nai to Yuusha no Party wo Oidasareta node, Henkyou de Slow Life suru Koto ni Shimashita 2nd Episode 10 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Mar 10

26 by Sugram22 »»
Apr 10, 2:11 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.