Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 13, 8:57 AM

Nov 2011
Another awkward chance to pair up our two main leads which means...this episode led to even more awkward moments. This time, there's even some fan service added in with the bath scenes. It's cute how much Anna cares about Kyoutarou though.

Anna was also in her causal outfit so Kyoutarou got even more awkward just looking at her. They also gave her an animal hoodie for the cuteness. This episode definitely tried to get the two alone together in a bedroom LOL

Jan 13, 8:58 AM

May 2020
And the inevitable actually happened… Ichikawa finally is in Yamada’s house lol. Since the reverse already happened in the last season, this was a much anticipated event in this series alright. Though dude I mean it’s snowing outside and all, and you have your hand fractured as well, so he could’ve opted out of the “taking bath” option, but then again, who would in their girl’s house lol.

Avoiding a BIG embarrassment aside, I like how Ichikawa and Yamada just sit together and talked about things… the things which could be worrisome for middle school kids. Yamada has her own insecurities too, however she may look, though there is Ichikawa who would clean up her snort.. I mean would look after her, so it’s all fine ig.

The usual of hiding someone in your bedroom just so your parents couldn’t figure out you brought a boy over troupe may have been done a million times already, but I laughed really hard when Ichikawa tried to speak in a soft feminine tone to let Yamada Mama know everything’s alright. Also, teacher please, Ichikawa has just recovered, so don’t throw him that mercilessly even if it’s for teaching purposes.

By the way, that titan creature… we would know about him in due time. As for other things, KEEP YOUR HANDS TO YOURSELF, otherwise..( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Softhenic03Jan 13, 9:02 AM
Jan 13, 8:58 AM

Dec 2021
Just two episodes in, and things are already heating up.

In the midst of falling snow, Ichikawa desperately finds the lost key holder for Yamada. Yamada, grateful for the effort, invites the chilled Ichikawa to his home, mentioning it's just around the corner. Visiting the Yamada residence for the first time, Ichikawa becomes flustered as he obediently follows the suggestion to take a bath, finding himself in a situation where he has to undress completely. After managing to calm his nerves and coming out of the bath, he realizes his underwear is missing! In an attempt to retrieve his underwear, Ichikawa puts on the track suit provided by Yamada and sneaks out of the changing room, only to encounter a Yamada in different loungewear than usual—creating a surprising situation.

This poor guy is really trying his best not to come off as weird. And I totally called it – those oversized clothes were bound to be a problem. It's pretty awkward when you accidentally get, you know, a bit too excited without any underwear. I can just imagine Ichikawa having to bow awkwardly to try and cover it up.

Anyway, I'm kind of relieved they finally addressed that lingering issue from the last season, but I'm not sure if it was handled well. Maybe she needs to have a heart-to-heart with him, explain why she used him as a decoy, and spell out exactly what was going through her mind. Did she feel bad? I don't think she realized he got hurt for that reason.

On a different note, her dad is seriously huge. No wonder Anna loves to eat – seems like she got that from her dad, who looks like some sort of cook judging by his clothes. And let's talk about Kanazaki and his unique interests. Well, to each their own, right?

Also, it's not that his arm got thinner; it's just that his left arm got bigger.

Jan 13, 9:02 AM
Aug 2022
Man!! Character Development On Going!!!😍😍
Jan 13, 9:13 AM

Apr 2016
Damn, those kids be thirsty these days ... but anyway yes, as one would expect, having two individuals sharing a room (whom both obviously have started developing romantic feelings towards each other) is a certain case for hilarious situations.

No questions about that.
Jan 13, 9:25 AM

Aug 2022
This 1* rating bombing needs to stop, are y'all seriously jealous?
Jan 13, 9:30 AM

Feb 2019
Shit I’m 13 too man 😂 bro don’t know what to do wit all that

Fanservice aside, another beautiful episode that showed us a side of Yamada we haven’t seen before. A much more vulnerable side. Her breaking down at the table thinking about making everyone close to her hate her was hard to watch. From the outside, it seems like Yamada has everything going for her. But she’s got so many insecurities and worries just like any other girl her age. She and Kyo have a lot in common and I love seeing them bond over stuff like that.

Speaking of which, good job Kyo going in for the hug! I hate when MCs in romance shows just let the girl cry without hugging or comforting them, one of my biggest pet peeves. Even wiped her snot lol. Such a cute moment

Dunno how she managed to hide him in that apartment when her mom got back, but somehow he managed to survive and get out. That elevator scene, wow. I see why Yamada was going to say Kyo reminds her of her dad. Dude looks like a 40 year old chuuni lmao.

Damn Kyo’s sister too? The fanservice was on point in this episode

If it ain’t one thing it’s another for Kyo. Arm is better, but now his voice is messed up. Puberty’s a beautiful thing. I don’t think I’ve ever seen an anime have this as an issue for the main lead so that’s cool. I never lost my voice or anything growing up, it was a gradual transition to my adult voice, but everyone’s different.

“I like smelly girls too” man Kenta is the funniest part of this show dude routinely says the wildest shit.(I agree)

“Once your voice changes, make sure you say my name plenty” + that ushio kensuke OST made for an amazing conclusion to what was one of my fave bokuyaba episodes. Bravo. The beauty of adolescence was captured perfectly in this episode. I can’t wait to see Yamada and Kyo continue growing into their new selves.
Marinate1016Jan 13, 12:28 PM
Jan 13, 10:10 AM
Jul 2014
Reply to Saul_Goddam
This 1* rating bombing needs to stop, are y'all seriously jealous?
@Saul_Goddam Solo Leveling fanboys are mad
Jan 13, 10:44 AM

Mar 2021
Yamada is always so adorable especially around Ichikawa I just love the dynamic they have and the warmness they have towards each other
Jan 13, 10:50 AM

Jul 2017
Lovely episode as a whole, with plenty of fun, awkward and adorable moments mixed with moments showing Ichikawa and Yamada growing up in their own ways. Anna's blushes have gone more and more extreme as the series progressed as she turned completely red multiple times in this episode. Love the little moment in particular when in her bedroom, she sees Ichikawa notice the empty milk tea bottle in her room, which could be kept as a souvenier for potentially the time she started falling in love with him when he comforted her when she was down after losing her friends after their workplace visit. Just another charming and enjoyable episode to add to the bunch and continue the great streak that the series has been on including the first season.
Jan 13, 10:51 AM
Jul 2023
This beats the 11th episode of my dress up darling in terms of sexual tension I feel like
Jan 13, 10:52 AM

Dec 2012
You cant escape now ichi. apex predator already locked you on lol
Jan 13, 10:59 AM

May 2019
I also thought Ichikawa was getting sick again but then realized that he's just going through puberty lol. I wonder if he'll go through a growth spurt and catch up to Anna, speaking of which, looks like she inherited her tallness from her dad plus her mom doesn't appear to be short either.

Also, I wonder if her dad said anything to Anna or his wife about a boy leaving the elevator with his daughter's PE outfit... maybe it'll come up later on.
Jan 13, 11:10 AM

Dec 2022
How quickly the Lide turns.

Ichikawa did an impressive job surviving the stimulation of Yamada's house, even after she took his pantsu. Other than that, cute moments all around. An excited Yamada just has this contagious energy to her to where I can't help but smile.

Assuming he's Anna's dad, I'm looking forward to seeing how Ichikawa deals with the threat of Elevator Giant.
MALoween 2023 Candy: ///
Jan 13, 11:13 AM

Feb 2021
Both this and Solo Leveling kept me on edge today. But in very different meanings lol.
I am so prepared to see Yamada's dad more. I bet he's the best dad ever.
20:37 Wow, this is the first time I see translation notes in official subs. I want to see stuff like this more.

Ichikawa's imaginary self is literally us.
Jan 13, 11:23 AM
Sep 2018
I really love the pace of this rom-com compared to others, another great episode.
Jan 13, 11:29 AM

Dec 2022
yamadas dad looks like a murderer also i am pretty sure if we show this episode to him he might kill ichikawa
Jan 13, 11:40 AM

Oct 2017
The first part with Anna's insecurities, Kyotaro hugging and reassuring her was so wholesome. Anna refering to herself by her name was so cute. Rest of the episode was full of cute stuff too with lots of Anna x Kyotaro too. Such a great episode, can't have enough of this.
Jan 13, 11:53 AM
Dec 2020
I think the manga did a better job of portraying Yamada’s mum’s softness towards Yamada. But other than that I thought it was a good episode.
Jan 13, 11:55 AM

Jun 2023
Yamada’s been blushing a lot more red lately
Jan 13, 12:09 PM

Mar 2021
The flirting in this episode was top tier
Jan 13, 12:10 PM

Jan 2020
We get a lot of the internal struggle that Anna is dealing with; her fears and concerns, especially with Kyo.

Overall a phenomenal episode. Hard to believe that this story only gets better from here.
Jan 13, 12:52 PM
Jul 2020
Capitulón... Lo mejor de esta temporada.
Jan 13, 1:19 PM

Apr 2023
The meeting in the elevator revealed that Ichikawa's father-in-law is Eren Yeager himself. He's screwed! lol 😂

I really hoped that Ichikawa would find the drawing he gave her in S1 in Yamada's room, it would be symbolic for him that she was liking him.

It was interesting to hear Yamada opening up to Ichikawa and showing more than just her gluttony and childishness. They are growing up and also realizing their personalities, Ichikawa scored 1000 points by saying good words to calm and support Yamada's fears. 🤩
Jan 13, 1:21 PM

Apr 2021
Yamadas demeanor, her facial expressions and the way she acts general is so addicting to watch. Also her VA does such a convincing job in conveying her emotions.

I really like the pace in which this is progressing. Already being excited for the first confrontation with Yamada's dad.
Jan 13, 1:38 PM
Jan 2021
Jesus, the sexual tension in this episode was definitely over 9000!! I kept telling myself "You are cast in a sea of death" 😂

This was my favourite episode in the whole series, it was funny, charming, and serious at times but very wholesome
Jan 13, 2:27 PM
Aug 2016
I was already wondering how they'll adapt these chapters, great adaption + great job by the VA's, they really carry the vibe over - also, hyped for the upcoming episodes :O
Jan 13, 2:34 PM

Nov 2021
I'm completely blown away by these first two episodes, so much progress made. If the first two eps were this good I feel like were in for a treat for this whole season. Also, the titan reference to Yamada's dad was funny lol.
Jan 13, 2:50 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Well that was definitely a house visit of the ages, I was especially amazed by that moment where Ichikawa got a commando wedgie and submerged in Yamada’s chest simultaneously lol. And you not only had the funny bits, you also had that emotional moment where Yamada exposed her fears to Ichikawa, that paired with the hug was really good stuff, even if it was instinctual that was a great move on Ichikawa’s part. And then came the time where he had to hide from Yamada’s mom, and in the process we got that face to face scene in the bed, it’s not quite time for that yet unfortunately but great moment nonetheless lol. And Ichikawa nearly made it out of there but ended up running into who I’m pretty sure was Yamada’s dad, he looked kinda spooky there but I’m thinking he’s actually a good lad.

And near the end I was reminded that these two are in middle school with Ichikawa’s voice getting all scratchy due to puberty, I wasn’t sure what it was at first but it occurred to me over time. And poor Yamada had a smelly uniform for the judo bit (that Kenta had some very based words about lol) which could also possibly be a puberty related thing, but this led to a great moment between the two of them where Yamada was on top of Ichikawa once again, that was fast lol. And that final scene was very nice because of how excited Yamada was for Ichikawa’s voice changing, and this was also where we found out Yamada is “growing” too, didn’t think those things could get much bigger lol
TheColonel76Jan 13, 2:57 PM
Jan 13, 4:03 PM

Jan 2021
Each new chap is like a bless from god of love

Jan 13, 4:04 PM
Mar 2020
Episodes like this illustrate best the reason I got into this show in the first place. The author just really clearly deeply remembers what it was like to be that age and what it felt like to deal with all the turmoil that puberty brought with it. It feels deeply real despite being a cute romcom. Or maybe because of that...
Jan 13, 4:31 PM

Apr 2013
They are so precious <3

.·:*¨ 𝕾𝖊𝖙 𝕸𝖊 𝕱𝖗𝖊𝖊 - 𝕵𝖊𝖘𝖘𝖎𝖈𝖆 𝕵𝖚𝖓𝖌 ¨*:·. 𓆩♡𓆪
𝟬:𝟱𝟱 ㅇ──────────────── 𝟯:𝟮𝟲
↺¹ |◁ ▷| ⋮≡
Jan 13, 4:36 PM

Dec 2015
I just love how personal about character's feelings the show can get at times
Jan 13, 4:54 PM

Apr 2022
ofc, more yamada booba. her dad gives one of those isekai demon lord vibes, even with the music during that scene.
Jan 13, 4:59 PM
Mar 2018
The emotional moments hit so freaking hard!
Jan 13, 5:00 PM

Mar 2022
I love the chemistry and its been even better this season.
Jan 13, 5:00 PM
Aug 2020
i love this anime, the ost, the characters etc

we can clearly sea that they are both growing

so cute...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Jan 13, 5:26 PM
Jul 2022
Brilliant episode! Eventful too! Can't wait to see how Anna's parents reacts to meeting Ichikawa, especially her Dad.
Jan 13, 5:41 PM
Oct 2020
It's just too good, there's nothing else I can say.
Jan 13, 5:49 PM
Jun 2022
I love this romcom
Jan 13, 6:04 PM
Mar 2015
Our boi got put in a lot of cliche situations that embarrassed him Glad he comforted her when she cried
Jan 13, 6:32 PM

Oct 2022
Anna being waku-waku was the best scene today.

Jan 13, 6:33 PM

Jul 2022
A great episode, and we continue with Ichikawa at Yamada's house, experiencing more awkward and tender moments than expected. Poor Ichikawa had to take a bath at Yamada's house and even wear her clothes.

Furthermore, Yamada, despite seeming perfect at first glance, has her insecurities about disappointing the people she values the most. Seeing Ichikawa comforting her was quite lovely, until they were interrupted by Yamada's mother's arrival. Luckily, her mother didn't see Ichikawa. However, it was a different story with her father, who is identical to Ichikawa but gigantic.

It seems Ichikawa is going through puberty with his voice change. I'm excited to see how this change unfolds. We'll have to see how our protagonists grow together and how their relationship develops.
Jan 13, 6:40 PM

Sep 2023
Such a great episode again! Yamada is so sweet and caring towards Kyoutarou, it's all very wholesome and cute!
Jan 13, 7:19 PM

Jul 2016
MC getting thrown in Judo class by that teacher was so uncalled for lol. Nice way to treat the kid who just recovered from a fracture some days ago.

OK episode. Despite the sudden cry feeling kinda forced, I appreciated the focus on Yamada's insecurities. Ichikawa denying the obvious continues to be a pain tho.
Jan 13, 7:38 PM
Aug 2022
I feel terribly lonely after watching this. Time to find a significant other, otherwise this show just gives me more jealous and pain than smile.
Jan 13, 7:52 PM

Nov 2022
Yamada's father just looks like a giant version of Ichikawa, I can see what she was trying to say when she got caught off lol, She was going to say that he's similar to Ichikawa xD We also can finally see where she got her crazy height from, She's pretty decently taller than her mom so I knew she didn't get it from her after-all lol, Interested to see what happens next.
Jan 13, 8:15 PM

Mar 2023
This anime is always borderline corney and tropey, but always veers away at the last second to become something so sweet I can't score less than 10.

Aside from the appealing art and dynamic animation, I just think the conversations are so powerful and really hit home with the coming-of-age genre. The thing about his voice and arm was really interesting. A profound beauty and value found in something like puberty, who'd have thought. And Yamada's insecurity about her incompetence hit hard for me; I too participated in many, many activities as a child only to quit after noticing the other kids excelling quicker.

This story's not a slice-of-life that's boringly mundane nor does it try to be something explosive and profound and pretentious. It's simple, it's the beauty of normal well-meaning interactions and friendship that evoke such raw power. Kind of reminds me of Takagi-san, which similarly highlighted the power of friendship. Not in a stupid shounen way, but in that relatable sentimental way that makes you realize the importance of connecting with others.
Jan 13, 8:16 PM

Oct 2022
The depiction of Ichikawa's eyes when he saw his sister was perfect.
Jan 13, 8:30 PM

Dec 2022
Puberty, such an amazing thing. It's even more nice when you have a significant other who's going through the same thing.

I have to say it; Yamada's mom is hot af. The dad is a chad.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Season 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - Mar 30

342 by wibugar »»
May 9, 2:51 PM

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Season 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 24

116 by little_raven »»
May 5, 8:04 PM

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Season 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 9

118 by Mattinator95 »»
May 5, 6:47 AM

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Season 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 6

202 by Playcool »»
May 5, 6:42 AM

» Anime Recommendations like Bokuyaba

Htun__ - Apr 5

43 by Playcool »»
May 3, 4:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.