Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Sign of Affection
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jan 17, 5:42 AM
Sep 2021
This episode was something else, it cleared my stress & gave me a positive freshness & also it shows well the life of yuki & her world.
Jan 17, 4:55 PM
Dec 2023
I am weak for this type of shows like After the Rain and long ago Blue Spring Ride. What else can I say.
Jan 17, 10:30 PM

Jul 2021
Why does this man need to constantly put her down and discourage her? "Don't get carried away"? Who says that?

I get that a Shoujo story needs this kind of character, but it came across as petulant and honestly a little disturbing. It sounds like I shouldn't judge this character too harshly, though...
Jan 18, 12:45 AM

Mar 2014
bruh i would be mad if i get hit from behind but a handsome man will be forgiven anyways for whatever he's done.
Jan 18, 2:09 PM
Nov 2023
its so amazing effect are crazy intro end outro music is masterpiece
Jan 18, 7:05 PM
Jan 2016
Beautiful animation, meaningful design choices. The manga is being extremely well-translated into the animated series.
Jan 18, 7:45 PM

Jul 2017
Yuki daydreaming in school, only to get awakened by Rin coming back to reality, she's quite excited about ever since their exchange. That said, Rin's place that's usually done with her Cultural Exchange Club, Itsuomi deals with foreigners...and also Yuki for awhile before he leaves for Laos. It's clear that Yuki has a crush on him, but her childhood friend Oushi picking up on her through sign language, it's mean for sure, but Rin is helping her decide on her feelings for Itsuomi, which is for the better. Even for Oushi communicating to strangers through sign language, it helps other people as well, as much as Itsuomi is also trying to learn to use it to convey his conversations with her.

Itsuomi is back from Laos, and giving Yuki a souvenir to which she appreciates it with kindness. A little about Yuki's backstory going to a school for the deaf, and it definitely shaped her for the better, despite sign language being the only thing connecting others to her from the outside world, that slowly and surely, connects her more to fall in love with Itsuomi.

I love that the anime is adding more anime-original cues that add to the already brilliant manga.
Jan 19, 5:04 AM
Dec 2023
i don't have words to describe this episode!
Jan 19, 4:14 PM

Nov 2011
Oushi will be my fac character. They are the best, arogant but actually caring. <3
And I never thought before about that one can speak "harsh" via sign language. Like the way one moves their fingers - smoothly, or roughly. This is new to me.

Just how long is Itsuomi's neck? xp

Jan 20, 1:00 AM

Jan 2017
This just goes to show that having an impairment couldn't stop a person from following her dreams...
Jan 20, 11:47 AM
Jul 2015
Still nice and fluffy ...
Jan 20, 10:51 PM

Mar 2008
Oushi seems caring but feels a little bit controlling way likely because he likes Yuki like maybe he thinks if she's kept in a smaller circle of people that she will more likely be with him. Though I will hold my judgment on him since i could be misreading it.

Interesting coincidence but I had recently watched a video about anime mouth flaps why it differs from American animation and basically it was mentioned Japanese people don't move their mouth as much when talking their mouth gestures are more subtle generally speaking so it's culturally less significant to them. That made me completely understand what Yuki meant saying that Itsuomi must be speaking another language because of the way his mouth is moving. She was talking about the shapes he was making with his mouth are not like ones you make when speaking Japanese. This also made me think it must be harder to read lips for Japanese people because the less exaggerated lip movement of properly pronounced Japanese.
Jan 21, 10:07 AM

Mar 2010
Good to see the love triangle is already dead lol
Jan 21, 3:47 PM
Nov 2023
the childhood friend is so annoying!
Jan 21, 4:25 PM
Nov 2023
Yuki must be protected at all costs!!
Jan 21, 5:10 PM

Sep 2023
Cuteness continues as Itsuomi goes on a trip to Laos. It's definitively love lol. Kinda hard to read lips when you can't even look someone in the face!

Bad vibes coming from childhood friend-san, he probably cares about her but has some repressed issues.
Jan 21, 9:13 PM
Nov 2023
I hope they tell us soon why he travels so much
Jan 22, 2:37 AM
Dec 2022
Have a feeling that Oushi is not as bad as he seems to be. He learns the sign language to be able to communicate with Yuki and looks out for her. He maybe secretly in love with her and somehow come across as a bit brash and overprotective.
Jan 22, 6:07 PM
Oct 2021
Her little dance at the end wasn't it for me. Things seem to be moving fast, makes me wonder what is going to happen.
Jan 23, 8:38 AM
Dec 2020
this was so cute! i hopr they get to go on adventures and travel the world together!!
Jan 26, 10:28 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Was it love? She think yes!!!
Kekeke
Jan 26, 7:05 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
She'll use her phone for everyday communication, but then pull out her notebook to say something from the heart...

...and then maybe, there'll come a time where she uses up all the paper in her notebook, and in the heat of the moment, instead convey her emotions with a kiss. Or just keep using sign language; Itsuomi is learning and getting good at it.

Right now the childhood friend Oushi seems like a really good guy. I hope they continue to keep him as a character who is simply just genuinely looking out for and caring of Yuki, without getting into that typical love triangle drama bs.

Yuki's friend Rin let out a little scream when Yuki told her that she was really in love... it's not like they just got engaged, but okay then. I guess discerning for yourself whether you're "crushing" or actually loving a dude is a big deal; not that they're almost basically the same thing in- not to sound like an edgelord, but- today's society. Hey at least this happened sooner than later. Yuki now knows for herself that when she sees Itsuomi, it's not simply "he's hot I want him inside me", but more rather: "maybe I'd want to spend the rest of my life with him."

This continues to be a really good romance. Might want to wait for it to finish airing to binge watch it

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jan 27, 8:45 AM
Dec 2023
The more comedy put in this show, the better.
Feb 5, 3:06 AM
Jan 2024
why is it sooo cute? The head pats are amazing! I love the characters! Very very cute... what's up with fish man though? >.<
Feb 7, 11:09 AM
Dec 2020
Trash show. My boy Oushi doesnt deserve that
Feb 14, 3:45 PM

Dec 2020
This episode was really cute and funny. I don't like where this is going with her childhood friend, it seems he'll be a hassle in the story. But i'm glad that she is quick to realise that she loves him or rather that she wants it to be love.
Cool episode anyway 5/5
"You'll Never Know... Unless You Keep Moving Forward." - Eren Yeager

Feb 23, 1:04 AM

Aug 2013
I really like the vibe of this anime but man is Itsuomi too perfect, bro knows 4 langages in university, travel to 3 country in 1 week and is just overall flawless

I hope the childhood friend gets with Yuki, he acts rude but truly cares about her and it shows.
Mar 3, 8:37 AM
Mar 2022
Reply to James_Blade
I hope they tell us soon why he travels so much
@James_Blade well the anime will not adapted about that cause the manga just recently tell about itsuomi past.
Mar 19, 5:00 PM
Jan 2023
I love the artwork its so colorful and pretty.
Apr 3, 7:26 AM
Jun 2022
1) That Was Quick , Fell In Just 2 Episodes . Damn!

2) Also , Dub Guys If They R Gonna Type So Much . Translate!
Apr 10, 10:42 PM
Jun 2020
I'm struggling to continue with this series despite the praise I heard and read about it before going in. The premise is appealing and it seemed to be off to a good start with Yuki's POV giving us the unique challenges and experiences of a hearing-impaired young woman navigating college and looking to the future.

My problem comes from her ludicrous levels of naivete and shyness. Itsuomi being more worldly is one thing; lots of interesting ship dynamics are explored when the couple involved starts out on "uneven footing," so to speak. And it makes sense for Yuki to be more sheltered than a typical college girl, but even accounting for that she came off as unbelievable to me.

Like, you can't even bear to look your crush in the eye WHEN YOU'RE DEAF and that's the main way you two are communicating?! Like WTF?
Apr 12, 3:40 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
So she's finally aware of being in love with him ahaha, I liked seeing more of MC's backstory like that school for deaf people she went to
Apr 27, 9:23 PM
Jul 2020
Some might just think this is A Silent Voice and it definitely isn't. The message is different, the characters, art style, and music. It's a slice-of-life romance. I'm going to have to add this to my favorites now and I'm only 2 episodes in.
Apr 29, 3:42 AM
Aug 2019
Her smile needs to be protected at any cost.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yubisaki to Renren Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 27

126 by Phixiately »»
Yesterday, 7:24 AM

Poll: » Yubisaki to Renren Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 23

194 by Darkiiii »»
May 6, 10:22 PM

» About OST

demonaman293 - May 1

1 by RaVeN_Mortus »»
May 1, 4:30 PM

» SEASON 2???!!

kisaragi_eki - Apr 9

18 by Vicky9anime »»
May 1, 1:45 AM

Poll: » Yubisaki to Renren Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 16

116 by bucciest »»
Apr 30, 4:56 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.