Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 11, 4:53 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Not bad. Worth sticking around for all of the 36 other episodes? Maybe, who knows. I'll definitely give it a few more episodes at the very least.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jan 11, 6:43 AM
Sep 2021
I think i set quite an expectation and with ep 1, it is a bit better than what i expect. Alot of great details, even new ones are created just for the anime. Everything is done pretty good too. So yea love it, 5 stars
Jan 11, 6:44 AM
Oct 2016
Reply to Limi
The MC is fantasizing, in a daze dozing off in the middle of a battlefield. He is lucky his lack of experience didn't make him end up dead in the first episode.

It seems the MC might have some power, but is lacking in experience. Maybe he'll gain some true colors and show those eventually. Depending on how the MC develops this could be a decent watch.

The transformation scene was very nice.
@Limi The mc and also
is Jinka, Shinsuke is just joke chara lol.
Jan 11, 7:45 AM

Oct 2008
MindaRyn again with her catchy songs! also composer is Kajiura Yuki...hmmm looks interesting! better be lot of emotional OSTs!
for now 4/5 cuz it seems mid huh...

Jan 11, 7:57 AM
Dec 2023
muito foda slk crai
Jan 11, 8:22 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Solid first episode! To be honest, the show already had my attention form the time it was announced that it’d be getting three cours of content, and I’m glad to say that this first episode didn’t disappoint. On the contrary, I would’ve to say I enjoyed it, and I see it having pretty good potential.

Youko siblings who clearly don’t seem like your average sibling duo and a random swordsman picked up along the way, that doesn’t seem too usual a plot, now does it? Character dynamics in particular got my attention and it’s nice to see that White Fox are looking to give this the A-tier treatment. I loved the way the backstory was handled, always down for unconventional representations like this.

We’re in for a journey here, lads! It’s been a while that I’ve kept with a three cour series, the only and last of which I believe was Karakuri Circus. Pretty excited about this one!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jan 11, 8:40 AM
Nov 2023
Hard to pay attention for me, it didn't really hook me well into the story. I do love the siblings and I think I'll keep watching it to see them interact with eachother.
Jan 11, 10:23 AM
Jan 2023
_MushiRock11_ said:
Solid first episode! To be honest, the show already had my attention form the time it was announced that it’d be getting three cours of content, and I’m glad to say that this first episode didn’t disappoint. On the contrary, I would’ve to say I enjoyed it, and I see it having pretty good potential.

Youko siblings who clearly don’t seem like your average sibling duo and a random swordsman picked up along the way, that doesn’t seem too usual a plot, now does it? Character dynamics in particular got my attention and it’s nice to see that White Fox are looking to give this the A-tier treatment. I loved the way the backstory was handled, always down for unconventional representations like this.

We’re in for a journey here, lads! It’s been a while that I’ve kept with a three cour series, the only and last of which I believe was Karakuri Circus. Pretty excited about this one!

To clarify, Jinka is mostly a human. Tama is a youko, aka a fox spirit.
Jan 11, 11:15 AM
Jan 2017
The use of music is bad.
It just kind of plays, and does not fit the tone of what is going on.

Sound-effects are low quality, and sometimes missing (like when she bites her hand).
Jan 11, 5:55 PM

Sep 2015
This is so childish. I love it.
Jan 11, 7:27 PM
Feb 2021
Really loved it, this is my first impression!
Jan 11, 9:35 PM

Mar 2019
I thought this first episode was pretty mediocre, but let's see where this shit goes...
Jan 11, 10:28 PM

Jan 2011
ive only finished Satoshi's Planet With since it was decent and read a bit of hammer so i can at least see why this might start off amazing right out of the gate like they are totally doing something with Shinsuke
Jan 11, 11:03 PM
Oct 2019
WHITE FOX IS BACK!!

Good introduction to the world, I'm ready for the ride.

Yuki Kajiura doing the OST, oh boy...
Jan 12, 6:09 AM

Sep 2021
The characters have potential, but I'm not sold on the plot yet. However, according to the synopsis, the main plot hasn't even started yet, so I guess that's okay.

For now it's just a "decent action show with nothing special". But it does get 37 episodes so, compared to all the 12 episode shows, I suppose it's natural that this show needs time to gain momentum.
Jan 12, 7:47 AM
Nov 2019
From the time period of 1564
If this was set in Nagasaki sengoku period

You would see the first Europeans arrive
The Portuguese lol
Jan 12, 10:32 AM
Mar 2015
A sage , a youkai and a samurai walk into a bar stope me when you have heard his one
Jan 13, 12:04 AM
Jan 2021
ho hum. the extra samurai kid is meh. dropped.
Jan 13, 2:25 AM

Mar 2012
Kimura Ryouhei as MC is great, his tsukkomi voice is top tier. Also Tama super cute
Jan 14, 5:38 AM
Jan 2024
I haven't read this manga before. Yet, following my experience of watching the initial episode of its anime adaptation, I couldn't help but perceive the story unfolding at a somewhat leisurely pace, and the plot didn't quite manage to grip my interest. The characters, unfortunately, failed to captivate me, leaving me without that eager anticipation to discover what twists and turns the narrative might take in the subsequent chapters.
Jan 14, 11:56 AM
Jan 2024
Better than expected, I hope this manga gets the love it deserves
Jan 14, 1:24 PM
Sep 2014
First episode didn't disappoint. Awesome. Looking forward to this!
Jan 14, 1:34 PM

Jul 2017
The first episode giving off the vibes that it will be the most 7 out of 10 shonen anime you can get, I was actually surprised why people seem confused over MAL rating, seems fair to me.
Jan 14, 5:21 PM
Jan 2023
-Kiraide- said:
The first episode giving off the vibes that it will be the most 7 out of 10 shonen anime you can get, I was actually surprised why people seem confused over MAL rating, seems fair to me.

Because the manga is great. That being said the start really does give 7/10 vibes.
Jan 15, 12:20 AM

Dec 2022
Looks good despite the weird character synergy; smells like an underrated anime.

Jan 15, 3:26 AM

Aug 2021
I was planning to read the manga for this, but with this being a full adaptation, the anime seems more worthwhile.
Jan 15, 9:44 AM

Aug 2018
never trust mal scores I bet this is going to turn out great
Jan 15, 11:08 AM

May 2019
@davidyodo24 @matias067

Evan Call is the music composer

kajiura is only composing the opening (and probably the ending) theme song
”A fight isn't won once a victor is decided, it's won when someone loses.” – Izayoi Sakamaki

I don’t even know the real names of the two… no, three that I killed back then. I just closed my eyes, put my hands over my ears and tried to forget it all.” – Kirito

MY ANIME LIST
Jan 16, 12:53 AM
Dec 2023
It was rather simple. Good thing that MC have some ambition and not all just about "being hero"
Jan 17, 6:28 AM
Mar 2012
odd siblings. Jinka white fox design so cool. Tama is naive but fun.
mc presented as loudmouth stalker lol but fun faces & got samurai potential.
op sound promising. some sfx sound quite special.
throwing so many terms, but fights are dynamic & legit cool.
Jan 17, 11:09 PM

Aug 2018
Wonderful animation. Gotta say that fox girl is adorable.
Jan 18, 11:24 PM
Oct 2019
Reply to Askaa
@davidyodo24 @matias067

Evan Call is the music composer

kajiura is only composing the opening (and probably the ending) theme song
@Askaa ohh you are right, i must have not paying attention to the staff list before.

But Evan Call is also Amazing.
Frieren and now this too?
Jan 26, 5:57 AM

Jan 2017
Found Jinka really handsome so I guess I'll be on the watch..? 😁
Jan 29, 9:57 PM

May 2015
picked this up cuz the poster looked cool
I thought it was gonna have a more serious tone, but it looks like it's actually a shonen
now I'm not sure if I should continue
Feb 19, 4:56 AM

Oct 2016
Random ass-pulled prediction based on nothing. Sister is on the title, brother isn't, he's gonna die.
Mar 15, 1:12 PM
Mar 2024
very interesting start, the medieval/historical atmosphere and the combination of supernatural and mythology elements make the show have a certain mystical "aura" that i especially like, let's see how it continues
Mar 16, 3:06 PM

Apr 2015
Decided to watch this just because of Mizukami Satoshi, Premise seems good enough.
Mar 25, 8:49 PM

Feb 2019
this looks interesting. i wonder why he flinched in the end there. guess i'll find out in the next episode lol
Apr 5, 5:36 PM
Mar 2019
I always like Human & Monster folklore ish Anime's.
Evil Monks!! that's different.
Apr 13, 3:44 PM
Jun 2022
Yeah , Can't Wait To Drop This.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Low score

TheRealRouges - May 18

9 by KayKimii »»
May 18, 6:44 AM

Poll: » Sengoku Youko Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 28

35 by wildhood »»
May 17, 8:19 AM

Poll: » Sengoku Youko: Yonaoshi Kyoudai-hen Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Apr 3

65 by Sugram22 »»
May 8, 11:09 PM

Poll: » Sengoku Youko Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 21

81 by TechOtaku »»
May 7, 6:27 PM

Poll: » Sengoku Youko Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 24

41 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 13, 4:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.