Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sailor Moon Eternal Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 8, 10:34 AM

Dec 2012
Ending was touching.
Jan 15, 11:17 PM
Jul 2021
Overall 7.4/10. It's more serious and tightly paced than the sluggish TV series in the 1990s.
Jan 22, 11:44 AM
Oct 2022
Reply to JoexySun
Overall 7.4/10. It's more serious and tightly paced than the sluggish TV series in the 1990s.
@JoexySun yeah but the 90s gave us some closure on Sailor Star Lights and Seiya. here they barely got any screen time and once they were killed off that was it. they never even mention them again. shame because they put a lot of effort into creating a nice ending and good final 15 minutes worth of animation.

the manga if I recall had the same problem, they could have filled the gap somehow and not just copy paste the panels like robots.

Ultimately, the Crystal reboot has been a failure and a disappointment.
They sure changed a lot of the story in the original version, but they improved on it a lot and created relatable characters and a dark atmosphere when the scenes required it.
Jan 22, 11:45 AM
Oct 2022
Reply to JoexySun
@JoexySun yeah but the 90s gave us some closure on Sailor Star Lights and Seiya. here they barely got any screen time and once they were killed off that was it. they never even mention them again. shame because they put a lot of effort into creating a nice ending and good final 15 minutes worth of animation.

the manga if I recall had the same problem, they could have filled the gap somehow and not just copy paste the panels like robots.

They sure changed a lot of the story in the original version, but they improved on it a lot and created relatable characters and a dark atmosphere when the scenes required it.
Jan 23, 11:19 AM
Jul 2021
Reply to Pistachiocookie8

@Pistachiocookie8 I understand. What did not work for me in the old Sailor Moon series worked for you, which is completely reasonable. My wife loves the old Sailor Moon series and she had me watching the final season (I think it's Season 5 in the 1990s) with her last year. Honestly I was really frustrated with all the repetitive episodes, which is why I prefer the new Crystal movies which are essentially frame-by-frame adaptations of the manga. But my wife still loves the goofy-cute tone of the old series.

I always say in my anime reviews that what works for one does not necessarily work for another, and it's ok to see others disliking your favorite anime. I hope to be consistent in that spirit.
Jan 24, 7:16 PM

Jan 2008
Sailor Moon was insufferably stupid this movie. Like.... holy crap. It's like she was running on negative IQ. Anyway, the first half of this movie was terrible. Here's some new characters. Oops, they're dead. Some of the good guys are fighting. Oops, they're dead. The bad guys are attacking again. Oops, they're dead. And so on and so forth. You couldn't care about any of them. The original anime is SO much better it's incredible. Yeah, it had filler, but at least we got to know the characters. All in all, the Sailor Moon reboot is worthless. The only one I liked was Chibi Chibi. Who was also the one who did most of the work for the first 75% of these two movies. Also... the Chaos plotline was garbage. Basically "giant space flea out of nowhere". Chaos was also dumb as hell "Oh, they were your siblings". Bitch, we JUST established that every single star is born out of the cauldron. So EVERYONE is her sibling. Stupid smog. Also, Galaxia sure did a quick 180. So freaking rushed. And the time travel plot made zero sense. How the hell can Cosmos travel back in time, if Moon would have been toast in the first movie without her, but her present came from a DIFFERENT past? How the hell did they even get to that point in Cosmos' timeline without Cosmos there to help beat Galaxia? This is why you don't bring time-travel in a story.

Honestly, the only reason Sailor Moon is so beloved is thanks to the modifications by Toei. Otherwise it would have been forgotten a long time ago, as the source material is not very good.
DmonHiroJan 24, 7:56 PM
Mar 24, 3:02 PM
Dec 2023
the visuals were absolutely stunning! but i do feel like the pacing in the first movie was a bit fast . i missed the office the animamates worked in and the half-purified tin nyanko from the original anime too. but overall i enjoyed these movies a lot!

you’re definitely going to catch me rereading the stars arc in the manga and rewatching the stars arc in the original anime in a couple months
Apr 4, 8:04 AM

Mar 2024
Funniest movies I've seen in a while
All hail Sailor Iron Mouse
Apr 15, 5:54 PM
Nov 2010
Is it online yet or did you guys all watch it in Japan
Apr 26, 12:19 AM

Mar 2021
In Japan, I watched the first part and the second part at once. I had dropped out of the remake after the first series, but I watched it in a movie theater, thinking that this was the last anime adaptation. After watching it, I felt that the old TV anime was good.

The manga was at a level that I liked it so much that I bought the serials, but I still thought the remake was too subtle because the tempo of the story was too fast and the transparency of the color illustrations was lost when the original story was animated.

Well, I think it was a lot better than the first series of the remake, so if you're interested, you should give it a look.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Cosmos Movie Episode 1 Discussion

Albi-kun - Jan 6

4 by Frerf »»
Apr 15, 11:43 AM

» Why is Cosmos listing on here not split into part 1/part 2 like the eternal movies?

Flowered_Moose - Jan 24

1 by WeaselManEatsPie »»
Mar 21, 10:30 PM

» Can someone translate this letter from the end of the movie?

Albi-kun - Jan 8

6 by Albi-kun »»
Jan 20, 10:39 AM

» Am I the only one who finds Sailor Moon to be a girlier series than Tokyo Mew Mew?

removed-user - Jan 18

0 by removed-user »»
Jan 18, 11:27 AM

» It's about to be done y'all ( 1 2 )

minmi_pen - Apr 29, 2022

59 by Ikano »»
Dec 31, 2023 10:39 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.