Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 16, 2008 12:55 AM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So Eva is with someone from Wolfe's organization. I think it's pretty stupid, that they'll use her as bait (if it's meant for Johan).
Also, whoa at the ending. So Lipki was Bonaparta's son, this means he might be the key to know more about Johan's past.
Apr 21, 2008 2:21 AM

Feb 2008
Hahaha! Yeah, this is really a mystery.

Also, I think Gen. Wofe is the one who awakened the monster in Johann!
Dec 29, 2008 9:15 AM

Jun 2008
No Franz Bonaparta or someone like him did >.<

So that would make Lipsky like Anna's brother? Idk though. It was creepy how he rubbed the puppet and made it look at him haha...
Apr 5, 2009 7:31 AM

Jul 2008
Franz Bonaparta's son! Well he was a failure, Johan was the true son.
May 12, 2009 7:29 AM

Apr 2009
Maybe Lipsky is the eldest brother or smth like that?!
Aug 14, 2009 10:11 AM

Jul 2009
All I can say is: Twist, twist, twist.
Aug 20, 2009 4:01 AM
Jun 2009
Those puppets creep me out. I don't know which way this show is heading. =P
Jan 3, 2010 9:01 PM

Oct 2009
I, too, would like to give Nina a happy ending, if you know what I mean.
May 29, 2010 10:08 PM

Sep 2008
Yeah, you can't give Mamiko Noto a happy ending, you're such a loser, Lipsky. I'm happy he's out of her life.
I was infinity happy to find out that he shot Johann though, because it awakened the Mamiko Noto inside of her. <3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 18, 2010 7:13 PM

May 2010
Those puppets are still the same as the children's books.

Really pyschological..

So Eva is with Wolf's organization..

The ending was pretty surprising.. Lunge is really taking his vacation worthwhile. :D
Nov 17, 2010 1:43 PM

Mar 2010
haha who doesnt love nina, also runge is getting pretty close to finding out more

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 19, 2010 7:18 AM

Sep 2009
Runge! Stop popping up on people's doors, looking all creepy and telling them badass shit! Dx
May 18, 2011 6:34 AM

Oct 2008
So close.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
May 30, 2011 11:43 AM

Apr 2011
Tenma told me: "if you don't have happy memories, all you gotta do is do it".

Children sometimes are wiser than adult... O_O
My mission: Save the world! My weapons: a controller, a bunch of friends and lots of Anime!
Jun 15, 2011 1:05 PM
May 2011
so what the hell happened to tenma & co for THREE DAMN MONTHS?!? anyway, good episode, wonder how the hell does Lunge know everything about everyone lol
Rating things is overrated.
Mar 12, 2012 2:11 AM

Mar 2009
Lol Lunge suddenly showed up.
Jun 11, 2012 5:12 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
The twists this series has are just incredible.

Anyone else surprised at the scene of Nina shooting Johan when they were kids? Nina was absolutely terrified of Johan when they saw each other at the hospital and yet in this episode, it almost seems that she shot Johan against her will and in order for them to remain safe from who I guess is Bonaparta.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 26, 2012 12:55 PM

Nov 2009
If that guy was the Story book Author's son then wouldn't that mean he is related to the twins. Really thought the twins were that dudes children.
Dec 21, 2012 4:30 AM

Feb 2012
Wow! This episode end twist was suprising.

About Episode:

So Nina and Johan was having good life until that day monster born from Johan because he was annoyed by the word and people. Also it seems like General Wolf mentioned in this episode Johan saw a world without names. Which means probably that no one ever called him with a name there. And General Helmut which was revealed Wolfe's real name is one who awakened that Monster inside of him.

It was also really suprising that Eva was in the organization so that must means Roberto is also in that organization too. One thing also was mentioned Lipsky that puppet maker is Bonaparta's son now this can be also twist but looks like it now. Johan was maybe Lipstick's cousin or brother or he could been just close friend.

But if Lipsky is really Franz Bonaparta's song then who Johan really is to him. Just test experiment?? Seems like Lunge just finds whole time more and more info about Bonaparta haha. His like main character now. :d

5/5 Hope Anna can get his happy ending.
MixxuDec 21, 2012 5:06 AM
Jan 29, 2013 2:44 PM

Jan 2012
Like always, in the end Lunge mysteriously appears.

Apr 23, 2013 9:01 PM
Apr 2012
Johann and Anna as children.... Anna seemed like a normal kid but Johann... this kid did not age well. At least he seemed to genuinely love Anna.

And OMG Lunge...
Apr 28, 2013 3:07 PM

Apr 2013
Lipsky is Bonaparta's son...
And Lunge is a ghost.
May 8, 2013 8:32 AM

Oct 2012
This anime amazes me with each new episode. I am always thinking I know the answer but I am almost always proved wrong. So Lipsky is son of Bonaparte? So is he father of Johan and Nina who escaped his destiny? But! What about the child/monster that was born in mansion back there? In 1981, if I remember correctly? Nina and Johan were born in 1976 I guess if they are twenty now (1996)? Questions, questions... Can wait how this would turn out!
Jul 1, 2013 9:19 AM

Feb 2012
-Crys said:
so what the hell happened to tenma & co for THREE DAMN MONTHS?!?

They were is Dusseldorf. Presumably, Nina's collapse happened about the same time as Tenma's arrest. (Otherwise, the question becomes "what the hell happened to Anna while Tenma & co were in Germany?")
Aug 22, 2013 8:47 AM
May 2012
I want to know the answers to my questions!!!!
Nov 3, 2013 12:32 AM

Jul 2009
another amazing episode :D

so we finally know what really happened. it could be Franz Bonaparta visited the twins and made Johan kill their foster parents once again.

i wonder if Anna did shoot Johan O__O

though she did say in the first episode she did do it.

and wow Wolf was still alive all this time!!! it's been what since around episode 15 or something since we last saw him.

he was somewhat okay back then, i wonder how many months or years now since that event?

so the 46 people was buried there huh?

if Wolfe says there was indeed a experiment there, then what about kinderheim 511? unless the mansion itself was kinderheim 511? though i remember Tenma already went to the place which was already abandoned and destroyed back in the first few episodes.

RIP Wolfe, guess the most horrifying death is you dying without anyone knowing you exist.

so Johan and Anna originally didn't have a name huh?

what about their mother? i wonder if we're gonna learn their true names since Wolfe did give the name Johan to Johan?

but at the same time it was based on the book of Franz Bonaparta, and since Johan was awakened due to that name it could very well be his real name!

this is kinda getting confused. do they really have a real name?

woo Dieter and Anna having fun!

been awhile since i last saw them like that!

lol Anna and Johan with ketchup in their faces XD

the puppet looks gorgeous just like Anna!!

so Anna's journey is to find a happy ending huh?

we will see if it does have a happy ending!

so Lipsky was Franz Bonaparta son. but i do wonder Lipsky seems to know a lot about Anna a lot. especially when he was wondering when will she come back.

and lol i was hoping Lunge would appear in this episode! glad he's finally back!

great stuff!!

in before someone bitches about my posting here.
Jan 11, 2014 4:57 AM
Jun 2013
Hahaha You can tell Lipsky really wanted to get laid. What a loser lol.
Mar 16, 2014 11:11 AM

Oct 2013
yungstud said:
Hahaha You can tell Lipsky really wanted to get laid. What a loser lol.

Haha i notice it my self.

May 30, 2014 9:46 PM

May 2011
The soundtrack steps in...whenever Lunge appears. The show times his entrance all too well.
"If you reject me, I'll blast a hole in you!" Kanzaki H. Aria
Just kidding.

Jan 18, 2015 12:40 PM

Nov 2011
"Because today... a monster came".

That places a great deal of importance on whoever showed up at the Liebert's. Bonaparta seems like the most obvious candidate. Despite already being twisted/damaged heavily, I somehow got the feeling Johan was still trying to protect Anna at that point; he told her to run "so the monster wouldn't catch her".

What all did Bonaparta do to these children?

I wonder if the incident at 511 Kinderheim was Johan replicating what happened at the Red Rose Mansion.

Lipsky is the son of Bonaparta... that's quite a twist. I thought it was interesting to see another blond-haired character in the show, but now that we know that, I wouldn't be surprised if Lipsky is the elder brother of Anna and Johan.
TripleSRankJan 23, 2015 11:48 AM
Feb 21, 2015 3:57 PM

Mar 2013
So we learned a little bit of their history but at the same time more mystery appeared. Now if Johann knew his own childhood, i wonder what will he do now ?
Apr 2, 2015 2:05 PM
Nov 2014
That twist at the end caught me by surprise.

The puppet's eyes scared me lol.
Apr 21, 2015 12:41 PM

May 2014
Oh no... Bonaparta's son? This is gonna be bad news bears for someone.
"You either die an Ashita no Joe, or you live long enough to see yourself become a Naruto."
Aug 16, 2015 10:55 AM

Jul 2014
So did it take Verdemann and Reichwein 3 months to find the Red Rose Mansion, or were the scenes in the last few episodes shown out of chronological order?

5/5
Sep 2, 2015 11:27 PM

Dec 2013
Flashback was cool to see. Slice of life stuff also made me smile :)

Cool to see Wolfe after so long.
Sep 6, 2015 5:21 AM

Aug 2015
Dieter telling what he learned from Jesus Tenma was a good moment in the episode. Also great revelation at the ending, Lipski always seemed a little bit of a creepy. Runge is by far the best anti-hero ever, really smart and rutheless guy. Wonder who will get to Johan first, him or Tenma?
Sep 13, 2015 3:33 PM

Dec 2013
This anime is brilliant.
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Sep 26, 2015 1:34 AM
Sep 2015
So interesting!
I wanna keep going but I'm falling asleep, noooo...
Oct 26, 2015 1:55 AM

Jul 2013
TripleSRank said:
"Because today... a monster came".

That places a great deal of importance on whoever showed up at the Liebert's. Bonaparta seems like the most obvious candidate. Despite already being twisted/damaged heavily, I somehow got the feeling Johan was still trying to protect Anna at that point; he told her to run "so the monster wouldn't catch her".

What all did Bonaparta do to these children?

I wonder if the incident at 511 Kinderheim was Johan replicating what happened at the Red Rose Mansion.

Lipsky is the son of Bonaparta... that's quite a twist. I thought it was interesting to see another blond-haired character in the show, but now that we know that, I wouldn't be surprised if Lipsky is the elder brother of Anna and Johan.

Agreed with everything. Every twist is so good and delicious, I can't get enough of them.
Though I don't see how Lipsky is related to Anna and Johan, when was Bonaparta being the father of the twins confirmed? Remember that Wolf only theorized that Anna and Johan were born in the Red Rose Mansion.
Mar 11, 2016 5:04 AM

Dec 2015
Lipsky being Bonaparta's son was foreseeable. He wasn't a 'superior' child and yet he seemed to have been given endless chances to commune with them (and therefore, become an object of his own and his father's disappointment). It would have been unlikely for him to have be chosen for the book readings at all, had he not been important to Bonaparta. But his being driven away from the readings also gives us some insight into the kind of person Bonaparta was.

Perhaps I bring this up very late, but how come Johan's old family and the new one share their surname?

The scene with Anna shooting Johan was very different from what I had imagined. While there is no denying that Johan has killed people, from what we have seen of this scene, there is no reason to conclude that he had killed the Lieberts. Our attention has been shifted to the man who visited the Lieberts that night, who they invited into their home like somebody whose acquaintance they were quite sick of, but could not help but keep. From this, I speculate that Lieberts were aware of Johan being sort after by some mystery organisation and unwillingly complied to their wishes as they had made some sort of deal. If such is the case, then Johan most likely killed the Leiberts, especially seeing the surprised look dead Mr. Liebert had on his face. I don't think Mr. Liebert would have been very surprised if the mystery man had pulled a gun out at his face. However, Johan urging Nina to flee the monster sounded quite geniune. This episode has changed my view of Johan as a person considerably.

I dislike the notion of there being several monsters, we have had three people hinted as being one: Johan, Bonaparta, and this new mystery man. If this is a meaningful thing to say, hinting at several monsters sort of destroys the omnipotence of the monster, makes it seem more human.

I am very curious as to who gave Anna her name. It wasn't in the picture book. In the monster's love letter (in Lunge's words), the monster says to the beauty: 'The greatest sin is to take away one's name. Reclaim your name. I return your name to you. Your name is Anna.'- and this letter is presumably addressed to Anna's mother. We can be quite sure that it was no coincidence that Anna also came to be called Anna, especially since Anna asks Johan to call her by her name in the flashback, and he says 'we have no names.' which sounds a good deal more like his having renounced their names, than their actually not being given one.

I am also a quite confused by the importance this show places on names, it seems to me that the name should only serve the purpose of making it easier for people to address each other in the course of conversation. The name is only the reference, irrelevant to the referee. For instance, how I do not care very much that I am almost anonymous on the internet, or how a vector or a point cares little about the coordinates assigned to it by a coordinate system.

I believe Lunge had already noticed the corpses buried in the garden. It was how he had been able to tell that over twenty people had been in the Red Rose Mansion. I had wondered how he figured that out when I watched that episode. I need to know where Lunge has been getting a lot of his other information though, he feels farther ahead than everybody else at the moment.

The thing I have most trouble understanding is Johan saying that 'Anna is me, and I am Anna.' I don't think this is meant to be figurative, but I cannot make any sense of it. I can make very little headway on the actual plot right now, we have been given a myriad of new information over the last few episodes.
ObliviousOkapiMar 11, 2016 8:10 AM
May 18, 2016 11:22 PM
May 2016
To be honest, I am confused at this point. I understand Franz Bonaparta might be Johan and Nina's dad, he's possibly a bad man, and Lipsky is his son...is that all I need to know now?
May 26, 2016 10:58 PM

Nov 2011
Jesus Tenma really taught and preached many quotes to prophet Dieter ...

In the first half of the series, Lunge was really an annoying self confidence detective, but at this moment he is showing how great detective he is ...
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Jun 7, 2016 6:53 AM

Feb 2013
RIP Wolf, that was a sad ending to his life, considering everyone who ever knew him was killed by Johan.
Lipsky is Franz Bonaparta's son, wow, that was a shocker.
Jul 13, 2016 1:03 PM
Oct 2012
I'm so glad the increased quality of visuals from the last episode continued! This is my favorite series yet, but it really need to look more modern.
Mar 15, 2017 2:52 PM
Sep 2014
ohhhhhh shiiiiiiiiiiiieeeet. I had no idea Lipsky was Franz's son!!! How unexpected.

All the pieces are finally coming together and I'm glad that Lunge's meticulous investigation is helping put them to light.

I can't wait to know more about Nina and Johan's past. I really want to understand what it is that caused Johan to be the monster he is. Despite being the bad guy, he is still a very awesome character and I actually like him. I like the way he toys with Tenma and leads him to many clues to help him understand his past. I'm beginning to wish that there were more episodes because I'm thoroughly enjoying this anime :)
"Crying doesn't mean you're weak. Enduring doesn't mean you're strong." - Hai to Gensou no Grimgar <3
Jun 14, 2017 10:32 PM

May 2015
That twist tho. If Lipský is Franz Bonaparta's son then that mean he is related to Anna/Nina & Johan??? I wouldn't be surprised if Lipský is the elder brother of Anna and Johan although we can also say that Lipský is not related to Anna and Johan, so far to my knowledge nothing has being confirmed regarding Franz being the father of the twins… if I remember correctly Wolf only mentioned that Anna/Nina and Johan were born in the Red Rose Mansion but that doesn’t necessarily mean that Franz Bonaparta is their father (the one who get their mother pregnant) but maybe he is their father as in the one who created them [experiment on them and succeeded(?)] thus the name father.
Jun 18, 2017 8:16 PM

Oct 2012
I hope Nina will get a happy end too :(

Oh he's the son?
"Signature removed"
Feb 2, 2018 11:17 PM

Aug 2013
ionphantom said:
I, too, would like to give Nina a happy ending, if you know what I mean.

best coment about this anime i've ever read
May 9, 2018 8:21 AM

Mar 2018
Sanji's voice actor!
Jan 2, 2019 12:56 PM

Nov 2016
Wow, so Bonaparta is the father of Lipsky.

Speaking of him, was he also the Monster that Johan mentioned ?

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Monster Episode 74 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

babykeiji - Apr 23, 2008

627 by wibugar »»
21 minutes ago

Poll: » Monster Episode 73 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kayro - Apr 25, 2008

173 by ArtirSachi »»
May 6, 6:45 PM

Poll: » Monster Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Apr 5, 2008

105 by puffle9000 »»
May 2, 11:25 PM

Poll: » Monster Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Apr 3, 2008

149 by tectacles »»
May 2, 6:40 AM

Poll: » Monster Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kayro - Apr 3, 2008

152 by tectacles »»
May 1, 8:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.