Forum Settings
Forums

Voice Actress Aya Hirano, Actor Masashi Taniguchi Announce Marriage

New
Jan 2, 10:58 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Voice actress Aya Hirano and actor Masashi Taniguchi announced their marriage on their respective X (formerly Twitter) accounts on Wednesday.

"At this time, we, Aya Hirano and Masashi Taniguchi, have gotten married," Hirano and Taniguchi posted simultaneously. "We will continue to remember your gratitude and work even harder as artists. We look forward to your continued support and guidance."

Hirano debuted as voice actress as Momo in Otogi Story Tenshi no Shippo (Angel Tales) in 2001. She landed her breakthrough role as Haruhi Suzumiya in Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya) and began her music career under the record label Lantis in 2006.

Hirano's other notable roles include Konata Izumi in Lucky☆Star, Lucy Heartfilia in Fairy Tail, Misa Amane in Death Note, and Nobume Imai in Gintama' (Gintama Season 2). She is reprising her role as Ume Kurumizawa in Kimi ni Todoke 3rd Season (Kimi ni Todoke: From Me to You Season 3) this year.

Taniguchi began his acting career as Nagare Tatsumi (Go Blue) in Kyuukyuu Sentai GoGoFive (Rescue Squadron GoGoFive) in 1999. He has since played in Kamen Rider Amazons as Jin Takayama (Kamen Rider Amazon Alpha) and Kamen Rider Saber as Bacht (Kamen Rider Falchion). Taniguchi and Hirano recently co-starred in the Chainsaw Man stage play as Kishibe and Makima, respectively.

Source: Oricon News

Jan 2, 11:03 PM

Jan 2009
did the slut shaming for aya hirano stop now?
Jan 2, 11:07 PM

Jul 2015
Haven't heard about her in a while. Hope she returns to voice acting.

Jan 3, 12:25 AM

Feb 2021
Congrats to them! Good that scandal with her stopped.
Jan 3, 1:31 AM

Apr 2012
"Taniguchi and Hirano recently co-starred in the Chainsaw Man stage play as Kishibe and Makima, respectively.Taniguchi and Hirano recently co-starred in the Chainsaw Man stage play as Kishibe and Makima, respectively."

What an unexpected union, lol. Also, it's quite funny to see Aya as Makima after she was embarrassed to read fanservice lines at old events.
Jan 3, 1:42 AM

May 2021
Yet another gossip post . Anyway, it is sad to see that there so many marriages and yet the birth rate in Japan is slower each year
YubisoftJan 3, 4:55 AM

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Jan 3, 4:47 AM

Nov 2014
I thought she was already married.
Jan 3, 4:49 AM

Nov 2014
Reply to Yubisoft
Yet another gossip post . Anyway, it is sad to see that there so many marriages and yet the birth rate in Japan is slower each year
@Yubisoft Japanese couples prefers to own a pet than make a child nowadays.
Jan 3, 6:15 AM

May 2020
Hope this doesn't start yet another controversy around Hirano Aya. You never know with japanese people lol.
Jan 3, 6:41 AM

Mar 2023
Reply to Yubisoft
@Yubisoft There are many marriages of media personalities in Japan, but statistically there are not as many as you think. In the same year of 2021, the number of marriages in Japan dropped by about 514,000.
OmarumbaJan 3, 6:45 AM
Jan 3, 6:50 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to mizukasa
@mizukasa Yesterday I read the news on the Japanese website about marriage and pregnancy of Oozora-san and in the “related news” column there were 5 or 6 news about the pregnancy or childbirth of other celebrities. A couple of them were about their second child, including Toshino Kyoko's VA, who gave birth to twin boys. But it is obvious that even with huge workloads, celebrities still have a much larger financial cushion for having and caring for children.
Jan 3, 7:48 AM

Apr 2016
Reply to deg
did the slut shaming for aya hirano stop now?
@deg It actually already did, till you brought it up ...
Jan 3, 7:49 AM

May 2021
Reply to Omarumba
@Yubisoft There are many marriages of media personalities in Japan, but statistically there are not as many as you think. In the same year of 2021, the number of marriages in Japan dropped by about 514,000.
@Omarumba
Omarumba said:
There are many marriages of media personalities in Japan

You misunderstood me , I meant marriages in general in Japan not only about media people such as voice actors etc.

Jan 3, 7:50 AM

May 2021
Reply to mizukasa
@mizukasa Yes , unfortunately this is the sad truth

Jan 3, 8:12 AM

Aug 2020
Oh congrats! Didn't see this one coming, and I thought she was married.

Jan 3, 8:31 AM

Mar 2023
Reply to Yubisoft
@Omarumba
Omarumba said:
There are many marriages of media personalities in Japan

You misunderstood me , I meant marriages in general in Japan not only about media people such as voice actors etc.
@Yubisoft I understand you correctly, in Japan any marriages are becoming more and more rare every year, which is one of the main reasons the demographics are so terrible.
Jan 3, 8:50 AM

Jan 2009
Reply to Swagernator
@deg It actually already did, till you brought it up ...
@Swagernator wut? i ask a harmless question there great going resident troll friend of moderators
Jan 3, 9:00 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Reply to Yubisoft
@Yubisoft

I call cap

I'm wondering who is paying them to get married ain't no fucking way all these ppl are just randomly marrying at the same time
Jan 3, 9:08 AM

May 2021
Reply to EcchiGodMamster
@Yubisoft

I call cap

I'm wondering who is paying them to get married ain't no fucking way all these ppl are just randomly marrying at the same time
@EcchiGodMamster Well I have my suspensions about this VA's marriage especially if you think about her story (to me it seems like a PR move) but I think the rest of the marriages are happy coincidences

Jan 3, 9:41 AM

Apr 2016
Reply to EcchiGodMamster
@Yubisoft

I call cap

@EcchiGodMamster It has to do with the end of the year, and taxes.
Jan 3, 10:04 AM

Sep 2009
Reply to EcchiGodMamster
@Yubisoft

I call cap

@EcchiGodMamster you forget. The new years is a major holiday in Japan and not to mention its right after Christmas which to Japan is the most romantic time of the year. People getting married around this time is the equivalent to getting married on valentines.
Jan 3, 11:19 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
@Yubisoft
@Swagernator
@komic

i see now... although i wasn't being entirely serious lol
Jan 3, 11:47 AM

Oct 2017
Congratz to Hirano Aya san. She did such a great job voicing characters like Haruhi, Konata, Lucy.
Jan 3, 12:24 PM
Jul 2009
oh i remember her she was everywhere back then before she disappeared. congrats!
Jan 3, 7:02 PM

Jun 2016
Man, it really does suck she got harassed for so many years because she slept with a few guys during the height of toxic internet anime fan bases.
Jan 3, 10:29 PM
Mar 2016
Reply to Piromysl
Haven't heard about her in a while. Hope she returns to voice acting.
@Piromysl She was in Akiba Maid Wars as the panda a little while back.
Jan 4, 10:38 AM
Feb 2016
congratulation both of you!
Jan 4, 3:12 PM

Aug 2015
Omg, Dende is finally getting married... congrats!
Jan 4, 4:14 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to komic
@EcchiGodMamster you forget. The new years is a major holiday in Japan and not to mention its right after Christmas which to Japan is the most romantic time of the year. People getting married around this time is the equivalent to getting married on valentines.
@komic And like chocolates on Valentine's Day, it became such a huge and important tradition because of pop culture and the participation of a number of brands, rather than any national tradition.
Jan 4, 4:16 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to VARice22
Man, it really does suck she got harassed for so many years because she slept with a few guys during the height of toxic internet anime fan bases.
@VARice22 This was largely due to the fact that Japanese celebrities are often positioned as spiritual boyfriends or girlfriends to fans. ESPECIALLY after producer of AKB48 found a way to monetize it. So when stars have actual romantic lives, regardless of its “morality,” many fans become furious.
Jan 5, 3:55 PM

Aug 2010
Good for Aya Hirano, I hope this is a happy marriage for her.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Jan 5, 11:55 PM
Jan 2016
Reply to RobertBobert
@VARice22 This was largely due to the fact that Japanese celebrities are often positioned as spiritual boyfriends or girlfriends to fans. ESPECIALLY after producer of AKB48 found a way to monetize it. So when stars have actual romantic lives, regardless of its “morality,” many fans become furious.
@RobertBobert Didn't she also talk about how much she hates anime fans or am I misrembering?
I'd rather die a free man then live under the rules of idiots
Jan 6, 12:47 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to yamiyugi101
@RobertBobert Didn't she also talk about how much she hates anime fans or am I misrembering?
@yamiyugi101 Where did you get this from?
Jan 6, 1:10 AM
Jan 2016
Reply to RobertBobert
@yamiyugi101 Where did you get this from?
@RobertBobert I read it somewhere I honestly read so many things I don't remember where
Jan 6, 1:30 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to yamiyugi101
@RobertBobert I read it somewhere I honestly read so many things I don't remember where
@yamiyugi101 If you're talking about the quotes where she supposedly despises otaku etc, that was mostly circulated without a source as a means of harassing her after that scandal. She did get pretty salty later towards otaku, but that's to be expected considering the harassment that was started against her.
Jan 6, 1:54 AM
Jan 2016
Reply to RobertBobert
@yamiyugi101 If you're talking about the quotes where she supposedly despises otaku etc, that was mostly circulated without a source as a means of harassing her after that scandal. She did get pretty salty later towards otaku, but that's to be expected considering the harassment that was started against her.
@RobertBobert true to be fair if you're entering that kind of industry it's keep your pants on or lose your shirt didn't deserve the harassment though

More topics from this board

» Web Manga 'Awajima Hyakkei' Gets Anime

DatRandomDude - 2 hours ago

1 by yamiyugi101 »»
48 minutes ago

» 'Detective Conan' Creator's 'Yaiba' Manga Receives New Anime

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

15 by MichaelJackson »»
2 hours ago

» 'Naze Boku no Sekai wo Daremo Oboeteinai no ka?' Reveals Additional Cast, Character Promo

Nioxys - Today

2 by notPara »»
Today, 8:28 AM

» 'Kusuriya no Hitorigoto' Second Season Announced

Nioxys - Mar 23

22 by arnicahealth »»
Today, 1:03 AM

» Manga 'Tougen Anki' Gets TV Anime in 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by thebrentinator24 »»
Yesterday, 7:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.