Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Sign of Affection
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Jan 7, 12:31 PM

Jan 2013
I also liked these juicy lips a lot
Jan 7, 1:42 PM
Nov 2022
Okay, it looks interesting, I'm quite interested in seeing how the protagonists' relationship will be handled, so I'll give it a chance.
Jan 7, 2:26 PM
Crazy Cat Lady

Jun 2012
This definitely seems like it's gonna be my feel good anime this season, I'm excited <3

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Jan 7, 2:29 PM
Oct 2022
Holy ever-lovin’ $&@? I loved this. Watch out Angel Next Door, our girl Yuki just had her entire face rizzed off.. spoiler- when she started jumping up and down a single tear ran down my face. I know it’s only one episode and I know I’m jumping the gun but for me this was fantastic. A simple “adults that are adulting” anime and I loved every second. ❤️
Jan 7, 2:31 PM
Oct 2022
Reply to TaffyMichele
This definitely seems like it's gonna be my feel good anime this season, I'm excited <3
@TaffyMichele Girl, you and me both. I was frustrated I couldn’t go to the next episode lol. 😊
Jan 7, 4:57 PM
⭐Space Cadet⭐

Nov 2016
i am always nervous starting a new romance shojo,
most main characters either have flat personalities,
extremely unrealistic interactions (what do i expect tho, it is anime),
and appear weak or dense ⇎_⇎
and idk about you but i just find that annoyingly cliche

however, when i first read this manga i fell in love,
the female lead, Yuki, is as beautiful as the snow,
not to mention she has a pleasantly shy personality.
Itsuomi is also my favorite male lead of any shojo i have read!

for those whole compare this to A Silent Voice,
this is a story of love and acceptance not redemption and forgiveness.

i didn't get the hullabaloo over the art style,
the team did a fantastic job with the art and animation,
creating a gentle atmosphere and portraying Yuki's world for us!

by the end i was tearing up, i can't wait for the next episode (*꒦ິㅿ꒦ີ)

Jan 7, 6:18 PM

Mar 2007
Wow if this anime gets any sweeter I'm going to need insulin.

How did they draw the main guy's lips to look so luscious? Damn they look inviting and bite-able.

Good news for her is the guy already is a polyglot, which makes him very attractive. Not sure if sign language is universal among other languages, but him being a student of languages is a good thing because that removes a barrier to the romance. This is very good writing, because logically it won't break immersion.
Jan 7, 6:21 PM
May 2022
Reply to cooldogmom
@Dan_ALves that was a joke...
@cooldogmom I know.
Jan 7, 8:17 PM
Nov 2021
Episode was pretty cute and the appearance was amazing.
I imagine its obvious to the dude she's got a crush on him with how she starting jumping around from him saying he wants to see her world.
Jan 7, 8:51 PM

Jul 2022
It's like an isekai romance without the fantasy. The deaf world being the other world. Super excited for this perspective.
Jan 7, 9:20 PM
Nov 2022
this was pure cinema
Jan 7, 9:57 PM

Oct 2016
Beautiful and Yuki is adorable, Shoujo fans eating good.
Jan 7, 9:58 PM
Apr 2023
Judging from episode one, it’s animated so well and surpassing my expectations. Everyone is so well written in here.
Jan 7, 11:35 PM

Mar 2015
SHOUJO BROS WE'RE SO BACK
Jan 8, 1:36 AM
Jul 2022
For some reason we are getting too many arguments for Episode 1 only, can we stop judging in very first one
Jan 8, 4:03 AM

Sep 2023
Very wholesome! It's kinda nice to have an anime where people make an effort to speak a bit slower and to articulate every syllable, makes it easier for those of us who are trying to learn Japanese to understand better.

What does the hearing aid do? I thought she would hear loud noises, like the moped coming behind her.
Jan 8, 4:54 AM

Aug 2021
This seems really wholesome after watching the first episode.

But judging by the green hair guy's interest, it looks like another childhood friend is going to get their heart broken :(
Jan 8, 4:57 AM
Mar 2022
Reply to Pustul
Very wholesome! It's kinda nice to have an anime where people make an effort to speak a bit slower and to articulate every syllable, makes it easier for those of us who are trying to learn Japanese to understand better.

What does the hearing aid do? I thought she would hear loud noises, like the moped coming behind her.
@Pustul just keep watching it yuki herself will explain it in the later eps!!
Jan 8, 4:58 AM
Mar 2022
Reply to saabiK
This seems really wholesome after watching the first episode.

But judging by the green hair guy's interest, it looks like another childhood friend is going to get their heart broken :(
@saabiK yup you’re right. But i don’t really care like he have so many chance like what did he do in the past couple of year? It’s his fault. But he’s cute!
kisaragi_ekiJan 8, 5:10 AM
Jan 8, 5:50 AM

Apr 2020
Wahhhh~! This feeling is like the first time I watched Kimi Ni Todoke again! I'm so excited for the future episodes knowing that the story was made by the same author of Hibi Chouchou (controversial take but my favorite shojo manga ever when will it get an anime adapt TT_TT)
“You can’t always hold on to the things that are important. By letting them go we gain something else.” – Kunio Yaobi
Jan 8, 6:08 AM
Dec 2022
Wonderful, it is something so heartwarming and good
Jan 8, 8:39 AM
Nov 2023
I have so much hope for this show, hope it turns out to be good. The moment he asked how to sigh thank you I shouted "YES FINALLY!" very excited to see how they're relationship progresses and also love her best friend.
Jan 8, 8:49 AM
May 2021
That was so wholesome at the end omggg 😭. The way she got excited after seeing the text killed me inside. This is gonna be a great series

Jan 8, 9:34 AM
Oct 2021
Wooooow such beautiful art. The color palette is spot on.
Jan 8, 9:36 AM
Oct 2021
jtredenick said:
Ain't this just a copy of A silent voice?

I mean it’s different, he didn’t bully her
Jan 8, 10:23 AM
Feb 2020
wonderful episode 1
Jan 8, 11:15 AM
Jan 2024
Cute Cute overload <3
Jan 8, 11:22 AM

Dec 2022
weebs i found my first deaf and mute waifu she is so cute but the scene below sealed the deal just look at her made me wanna protect her
Jan 8, 11:33 AM
Jan 2024
going to throw myself down the stairs
Jan 8, 12:02 PM
Feb 2020
This episode was SO CUTE! Can't wait for next week
Jan 8, 12:24 PM

Mar 2008
I really like the art style. The characters all look so cute.

Surprisingly some of the English in this is well pronounced aside from those random side people in that one scene.

I found it amusing he spoke slowly to help Yuki read his lips. I did the exact same thing with a cute hard of hearing girl in class before as a gut reaction when she asked me something since I knew she was a lip reader.

I am not sure what to make of him touching her head so much. Lol

Minor pet peevev. Finger tattoos do not last long maybe a few months, even though it looks neat.
Jan 8, 12:44 PM

Nov 2013
Cute show. Wasn't planning to watch this but saw a small clip of the two on the train (sign language) and it piqued my interest. Good first impression!
Jan 8, 12:53 PM

Sep 2023
Reply to kisaragi_eki
@Pustul just keep watching it yuki herself will explain it in the later eps!!
@kisaragi_eki oh great, thanks for the heads up, I will definitively keep watching!
Jan 8, 1:36 PM
Feb 2019
This was really cute I don't normally watch this kind of stuff but it was very wholesome.
Jan 8, 5:45 PM

Jul 2016
Damn, male MC's lower lip is bigger than my future. Lowkey wanna take a bite of that, not gonna lie.

OK-ish first episode. Visuals as well as sound design are certainty stunning but that's about it. Pretty generic shoujo premise with FMC falling in love at first sight because ikemen MC who doesn't understand of personal space was nice to her.
Jan 8, 7:41 PM
Nov 2022
Loved the art style 😍
Now way too curious to read the manga. 🤩
Don't know how good the adaptation is but seems like it's quite good.

Seems like there will not be so much of unnecessary drama, is quite wholesome.
And excited for the next episode.
Hoping this will be one of the best of this season. ❤️
Jan 8, 8:27 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
That was magical. I hope it stays like this until the end of the season.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jan 8, 9:49 PM
Apr 2022
Beautiful. The animation is great. The vibe is great! So looking forward to the upcoming episodes!
Jan 8, 10:33 PM
Nov 2018
Our main duo is just the sweetest, the animation style is so unique, and they surprised me with the episode ending, so looking forward to seeing where this show goes from here. Do hope to actually hear MG "talk" but I guess that's unlikely given the premise, just know it'll be so adorable when she does and he compliments her voice if it actually happens :)
Jan 8, 10:58 PM

Mar 2011
Wow. This seems to be a wholesome, cozy anime that also includes a lot of emotions. I'm already loving it after the first episode. I simply love the aesthetics of this and there is a lot of potential regarding story and characters.

I feel like the fact that Itsuomi knows how to speak several languages already and seems to be good at learning them strongly hints at him learning sign language (not just from the beautiful Opening). Yuki is so sweet and needs to be protected at all costs. But I also like her friend.

And I also liked how the situation on the subway with the foreigner wasn't anything extreme but something very simple that could happen in real life. Very interesting and beautiful start <3
You're the light shining over The black and gloomy nights
So long I've been waiting To run into your arms
Oh, my only one desire You're the one I need
Through the thousand years ~ Evermore

"Midnight Sun" by AleXa

Jan 8, 11:02 PM

Jan 2021
Yeah I'm already pretty sure this will be one of my personal hits of the season. Very cute, real nice colors and character designs and honestly knowing something about how deaf people act and feel is very cool (the alarm was surprising, both as a problem I'd never think about and how it's solved). Hell, even these first 20 minutes hit like a truck in some parts, how she feels alone when others are talking and such. Eager to see more
Jan 9, 12:50 AM
Sep 2023
Someone educate me, why cant she hear if she has in hearing aids ?
Jan 9, 12:58 AM

Apr 2009
Haven’t read manga - this is my first experience of the story. Just finished watching episode one and honestly? I love it. I know my expectations tend to be bare minimum with romance anime and yet so many of them end up disappointing me. This is nice, it’s simple, no nonsense and straightforward. I love how direct and forward Itsuomi is so they are not spending 12 episodes just trying to establish slow burn movement towards acknowledging their mutual interest. If the show can keep this kind of pacing, it might even end up in my top picks of this season. Anyway with only one episode out, not much can be said, except it looks promising for now.
Jan 9, 2:08 AM
May 2022
one word CUTEEEEEEEEEEEE
Jan 9, 6:41 AM

Aug 2021
Really enjoyed that episode! The romance seems to be starting off right away and I love the switching showing the main character's viewpoints and world

ᴸᵉᵗ ᴹᵉ ᴮᵉ ᵂⁱᵗʰ ʸᵒᵘ
cₕᵢᵢ
Jan 9, 7:28 AM
Mar 2022
Reply to DheCupidore
Someone educate me, why cant she hear if she has in hearing aids ?
@DheCupidore yuki herself will explain in the later eps!
Jan 9, 7:32 AM
Oct 2019
Damn bro got the rizz.

So we got another deaf character like Nishimiya.
I love Koe no Katachi, the standard is already high so i hope this Anime can do something different and executed it well.
Jan 9, 7:38 AM
Sep 2021
It WAS Wholesome, good & it was better than what I expected, it made my day. The expression of the characters, art style & animation was good. Want more of this.
Jan 9, 7:46 AM
Jul 2017
i cried a little in the end :') feel so happy for Yuki in the end of the episode .. This is a solid start for the anime to be one of the best romance anime of the year (?)
Jan 9, 8:50 AM
Jan 2024
I am so obsess with this right now, and I can't wait so i started reading the manga. I am really interested on learning ASL, so I was hooked when I first watched its trailer, I didn't expect that they are using different kind of sign language but it's still great because it is still a great representation for deaf people. I'm looking forward on the next episode! <3
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yubisaki to Renren Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 27

126 by Phixiately »»
Yesterday, 7:24 AM

Poll: » Yubisaki to Renren Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 23

194 by Darkiiii »»
May 6, 10:22 PM

» About OST

demonaman293 - May 1

1 by RaVeN_Mortus »»
May 1, 4:30 PM

» SEASON 2???!!

kisaragi_eki - Apr 9

18 by Vicky9anime »»
May 1, 1:45 AM

Poll: » Yubisaki to Renren Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 16

116 by bucciest »»
Apr 30, 4:56 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.