Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Sign of Affection
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jan 6, 10:12 PM
Jul 2023
This episode is one of the best first episodes ever. I'm so grateful I cried.
Jan 6, 10:20 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Really goes to show just how important sound is to us as a race. The first meeting between the two really was done well. Especially the scenes where she thanked him for helping. It was cute seeing Yuki and Itsuomi comm via boards at the bar. The walk to the station sure turned out to be the perfect chance for her. Overall a beautiful opening ep whether in animation, character interactions and emotional engagement. Curious to see where the story goes.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 6, 10:30 PM

May 2021
Kind of a weird first episode, I'm probably watching it with the wrong lenses but everything seems corny and deaf. I suppose that this is just a fast setup for what is coming next

Jan 6, 10:36 PM

Oct 2022
This is shoujo overkill.
So corny and oversweet that I'm about to lose a limb.

MORE!

Jan 6, 10:48 PM
Mar 2022
Reply to Aeristaeus
Can someone explain to me why she wears hearing aids but still doesn't hear anything?
What is the point of them?
@Aeristaeus just wait a bit it will explain in later eps
Jan 6, 10:49 PM
Mar 2022
@ritarinaaaa the first chapter and a lil bit of chapter 2
Jan 6, 10:53 PM

Nov 2022
Seems like a pretty cute romance anime. Certainly quite well drawn/animated.

It's got some weird choices though, things that just get me thinking "well that was odd" - unrelated to the hearing impairment.
Like him grabbing her head to turn her look away from the menu. That's just weird/rude/out of place. Usually you'd break her line of sight with your hand, tap her shoulder/arm or move the menu.
Or when they first met... she tells him she's can "read lips a little bit". That sounds to me like "if you can go with a different method, then do so" and he almost certainly had a phone to write on. But he still went with it?

Also, the lips weird me out somehow. It's clear some attention was put to draw/animate them well, but something is off. Too much lip, maybe? Like they're all in a constant pouty face. Except for MC. I guess they gave them more lip to help with the whole "lip reading" thing?

All in all, seems like a pretty good anime.
Jan 6, 11:47 PM

Apr 2015
This show was the one I was looking forward to the most this season, and it didn't disappoint. The character designs are quite distinct and beautiful. Interesting that the female character is deaf, I think this is only the third anime I've watched where this applies so I'm looking forward to seeing how it highlights this characteristic going forward. And finally an adult cast! Was getting tired of all the high school romance shows.
Not the biggest fan of the crush at first sight trope, but hey he's a tall white-haired hottie so I can understand. The "let me in yours, Yuki" text was so smooth lol, a bit weird since they just met but Yuki's reaction to it was pretty cute. This seems like it'd be a cute and fluffy romance anime, I'll admit I'm pretty critical when it comes to these kinds of shows but this looks promising so far. My only wish for romance-centered shows is that I hope there won't be a love triangle or petty drama. Looking forward to the next episode!

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Jan 6, 11:47 PM

Sep 2018
A funny one, somehow it goes from a grounded, more realistic romance to a "I can fully palm your face and your heart skips a beat" BS lol, and right back again...

And yeah, the bottom lip is most certainly there, isn't it?..... May take a few episodes to get used to that. Reminded me of that one scene in Kung Fu Hustle XD

But it is sweet and I do like the premise with a deaf MC, quick mutual understanding was nice as well.
Jan 7, 12:04 AM

Oct 2012
First episode was very cute, but Itsuomi is almost eye-rollingly perfect lol
Jan 7, 12:09 AM

Oct 2013
This episode was so sweet that it did a great job at satiating my sweet tooth for the next 100 years ❤️
Jan 7, 12:17 AM

Oct 2022
The switch from noise and sounds everywhere to pin drop silence to show the world from Yuki's perspective was so beautiful.
Jan 7, 12:30 AM
Jun 2017
love this first episode... will watch this one...
Jan 7, 12:30 AM

Jun 2021
This was so cute overall. I wonder if she's just hearing impaired or non verbal too. Would love to hear her voice if she isn't
Jan 7, 12:42 AM

Nov 2011
Things evolved pretty quickly, didnt they? That's a whole new thing in shoujou. :)

Jan 7, 12:43 AM

Dec 2022
Yuki's visible happiness, Itsuomi's first genuine smile shown, the soundtrack, it was all way too perfect. It made me smile a shitton. Im so looking forward to this, it's so cute, genuine and also fun. This is going to be a really good ride.
Jan 7, 12:54 AM
Mar 2019
Fast moves. Looks like they're on the same page at the onset. hihi
Jan 7, 12:59 AM

Oct 2022
It's nice having more anime with older main characters. We've got a good variety of them this season. Still all younger than me, lol.
Jan 7, 1:14 AM
Nov 2023
Reply to ArimaKana
After Mid kun at lvl 99 and My mid marriage here comes another shoujo romance, hope this one will be good and live upto the hype unlike the other two and rest which I don't even remember the names. Those weren't bad but weren't even close to how good people were praising them to be. This looks better than those from the first episode atleast.
ArimaKana said:
Mid kun at lvl 99 and My mid marriage

Made me giggle. I think it has a different vibe to those ones, at least. I'm personally pretty picky with my shoujo since I prefer other genres to start with, and I think this one feels refreshingly new in comparison to Yamada Kun, so I'm kinda hopeful
Jan 7, 1:19 AM
Nov 2023
Reply to coreynj
@jumbosan I agree he's being a little bit too familiar with her, but he seems like he might be a little socially inept, so perhaps he just doesn't understand social boundaries. As for falling in love on the first meeting, it's a bit cliche but it isn't far from reality, it happens sometimes especially for someone who's new to the feeling
@coreynj I think it's a play on the fact that he's a foreigner. It may be a little cliché but it is true that people from other parts of the world are way touchier than people from Japan. Where I'm from, it's normal to kiss a stranger's cheek as a way to say hello lol
Jan 7, 1:35 AM

Dec 2022
I love the main characters, it is great to see a kind worldly male protag that isn't afraid of reaching out to get to know someone who they have an interest in. The female lead is great as well she is the right combination of cute and smart. You can tell that she has not allowed her disability to be a hindering factor in her life. She has friends and a full active life.

The artwork is fantastic, realistic and well drawn. Also funny and silly drawing at other time when it fits the scene. Overall really well done.

Great anime. I would recommend it to everyone. Fun, wholesome, and just different enough to be interesting to a wide audience.

Jan 7, 3:07 AM

Nov 2018
I really liked the premiere, the story is promising with good animation and soundtrack.
Jan 7, 3:13 AM
Apr 2022
FLUFFY CUTE ANIME!
Jan 7, 3:34 AM

Oct 2022
I don't know what I was expecting him to text after saying the world is huge, but it sure as hell wasn't, "let me into yours, Yuki."
That one scene single-handedly sold me on this show.
Jan 7, 3:50 AM

Apr 2016
Nice to see this lovely story being animated. The male character design could be better, though.
Jan 7, 4:40 AM
May 2017
Reply to Tsudomi
me parece interesante a pesar de no a ver leído el manga me recodo bastante a la película de A Silent Voice ya que la protagonista de este anime se parece bastante Shouko Nishimiya por el color de pelo y personalidad a pesar de tener el mismo problemas pero en diferente situación espero ver como avanza este anime
@akaruikage The only thing Koe no Katachi has in common with Yubisaki to Renren is the protagonist is deaf.

Fuel to mind: what happens when Koe no Katachi characters grow older? Yubisaki to Renren?
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Jan 7, 4:50 AM
Apr 2020
Although I'm not a fan of the art (the lips), this was a touching 1st episode. I loved her reaction to his message at the end of the episode, so spontaneous and cute. looking forward to more.
Jan 7, 4:56 AM
Apr 2022
probably the most mature sentimental response i've seen from a male mc in a while, great episode
Jan 7, 5:14 AM
Nov 2020
Reply to Alice23_
@Lightsrevenge wearing hearing aid helps those who are deaf, hear little sounds of the loud sounds near them. Hearing aids amplify sounds and make them more noticeable. And the story doesn't say that she cannot notice sounds totally (completely deaf).
@Alice23_ Thanks for your reply.
Jan 7, 5:50 AM

Dec 2022
Great first episode. I love how shows like these really help us understand the world and people better. AND the characters are in Uni rather than Highschool. THANK THE LORDS.

Also hearing Japanese VAs voice foreigners speaking english always gives me a good chuckle
Jan 7, 6:21 AM
Feb 2016
It is simply so cute and wholesome! i can't wait to watch more
Jan 7, 6:28 AM

Oct 2008
what i felt this first episode? its like a wonderful fairy tale romance! damn! Yuki Itose is so precious the moment she jumped in happiness! that so HHHNNNNGGGGG!!!!
5/5.

Jan 7, 6:34 AM

Jan 2021
I definitely was digging this first episode. I love the art style and the landscapes are beautiful. I’m curious how the story is going to develop.
"To Infinity and Beyond."
Jan 7, 6:39 AM
Sep 2016
This anime is something special. I liked the first episode so much; it had a lot of cute moments. It's probably the best anime of the season for now.
Jan 7, 7:29 AM
Mar 2018
I already see this being up there with Kimi Ni Todoke. That first episode was so perfect!
Jan 7, 7:33 AM

Sep 2019
Reply to cuhoangdk
@ArimaKana i don't think this one will be good for you and next season you will call this A Sign of Mid
@cuhoangdk If it turns out to be average than yeah. Fyi I didn't dislike the mentioned animes, just that they weren't as good as people make em sounded to be and were decent animes.
Jan 7, 7:35 AM

Sep 2019
Reply to sxrpente
ArimaKana said:
Mid kun at lvl 99 and My mid marriage

Made me giggle. I think it has a different vibe to those ones, at least. I'm personally pretty picky with my shoujo since I prefer other genres to start with, and I think this one feels refreshingly new in comparison to Yamada Kun, so I'm kinda hopeful
@sxrpente Yeah this indeed looks promising. There was once a time with good shoujo romances but that time is long gone. The only one I found from recent shoujo romance to be exceptional was fruits basket unless I'm forgetting something.
Jan 7, 7:42 AM
Jan 2018
YESSSSSSSS! Finally, an anime similar to Koe no Katachi, I’ve been waiting for this moment since!! Girl is just as beautiful as Nishimiya, and male mc is awesome~ I just hope they make a nendoroid for her and him because I can’t wait to support this series!
Jan 7, 7:49 AM

May 2023
First episode was really cute!!
I can't help but compare it to the voice of silence. However, this one appears to be much lighter and more enjoyable to watch, a story that warms the heart.
Jan 7, 8:05 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Okay, that was solid! I’ve been seeing some hype for this show, and it’s good to note that the first episode has got me in the same train now.

So much progress in just the pilot episode, this is revolutionary Shoujo, lmao. Jokes aside, this should make for a fun watch. There’s a recent JDrama titled, “Yankee kun to Hakujou Garu”, which has similar vibes and since I loved that, I’m sure it’ll be the same here.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jan 7, 8:52 AM

Aug 2023
I like these kind of stories so I like this anime and looking forward to it.
Jan 7, 8:53 AM

Jun 2016
omg too much sugar for this anime !!!

i might be get diabetes from this !!

this heroine is too damn cute and must protect at all cost !!
Jan 7, 9:14 AM
Mar 2018
I enjoyed this premiere greatly; the animation is wonderful, with a dream-like quality and an attention to detail not often seen, and the characters are well-written and make me want to know more about them. Also, I liked that there was a little humor thrown into the mix, I hope we'll get more of that!

Beautiful show, so far; can't wait to see what's next!
Jan 7, 10:07 AM
Jan 2021
i can’t get over the art style, it’s stunning !!!

Jan 7, 10:11 AM
Jan 2020
An incredible start, the animation is absolutely amazing, the way they the way they lead the characters expressions is realy awesome. I didn't know the manga, but I saw the anime trailer months ago and I was waiting for it and I'm just surprised how good it is. I hope the other episodes go through the same quality level of this first one, because it was really good, I loved what I saw.
Jan 7, 10:40 AM

Aug 2010
I was so skeptical with the art direction from the trailers, but this works well. Nice start. I have my own problems with the story from the manga, but the atmosphere of this anime alone can make it up for me.
Jan 7, 11:12 AM
May 2022
Reply to cooldogmom
@Dan_ALves Nah...that's too logical.
@cooldogmom So if something makes sense, it´s probably the wrong answer?
Jan 7, 11:19 AM

Jan 2022
Reply to Dan_ALves
@cooldogmom So if something makes sense, it´s probably the wrong answer?
@Dan_ALves that was a joke...
This never updates so that's cool
Jan 7, 12:07 PM

Mar 2008
As others have said... the lips are very distracting. Hopefully I'll get used to them.

I'm surprised by how fast everything moved along in this episode, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.
Jan 7, 12:29 PM

Jan 2013
A very sweet romance about a deaf girl. I was smiling for the whole 24 minutes. 9/10
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yubisaki to Renren Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 27

126 by Phixiately »»
Yesterday, 7:24 AM

Poll: » Yubisaki to Renren Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 23

194 by Darkiiii »»
May 6, 10:22 PM

» About OST

demonaman293 - May 1

1 by RaVeN_Mortus »»
May 1, 4:30 PM

» SEASON 2???!!

kisaragi_eki - Apr 9

18 by Vicky9anime »»
May 1, 1:45 AM

Poll: » Yubisaki to Renren Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 16

116 by bucciest »»
Apr 30, 4:56 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.