Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Sign of Affection
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jan 6, 1:07 PM
Sep 2023
This is my favorite romance anime this season
Jan 6, 1:56 PM

Nov 2016
This had me from the first moment. It's so friggin beautiful and cute. Already have a serious anime of the season contender.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 6, 2:03 PM

Feb 2013
This ended up being a lot less serious than the anime OP made it appear and the comedy elements are definitely a plus. Also impressive animation quality from Aija-do. Wish we got the same level for the first 3 seasons of Bookworm.
Jan 6, 2:13 PM

May 2015
I've been waiting for this one, and man it did not disappoint.
Jan 6, 2:37 PM

May 2015
A great start. Its been a while since I watched a modern day romance so its nice to get back into it with a cute one like this. As far as I remember I've only read/watched three series with hearing impaired MCs so this will be interesting and considering one of my top 5 anime is A Silent Voice I know I'm gonna love this.

The MC in this is adorable. Her jumping up and down towards the end had me grinning so hard. I was a bit distracted by the guy's lips though. Those are big lol. I'll probably get used to it.

Fingers crossed this ends up just being wholesome cuteness throughout but since hearing impairment is involved theres inevitablty gonna be some drama. But I think this is definitely gonna be one of the gems of this season.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 6, 2:44 PM
Sep 2012
From reading the manga to now watching the anime adaptation, they are doing a great job with it! I think I it even more in anime version because I get to see this wonderful series in color and sound it makes it even more enjoyable to me to hear their voices and seeing it all in vibrant color! It's just perfect! I love how adorable Yuki is in her mannerisms. She's such a sweet adorable character. 😊💗💗💗
Jan 6, 2:46 PM
Dec 2021
WAHH THIS WAS SO CUTE! The animation is so pretty and I loved the way sound was used!! Also I love the concept and the diversity of the characters! It's also nice to have a new love story with adult characters to look forward to!! 10/10 fr!!!
Jan 6, 2:48 PM
Mar 2021
This first episode was really cute and heart-warming <3
Jan 6, 3:12 PM
Jan 2023
OH IT IS SHOJOU TIME BABY!!!!! how have i never read this manga, that was such a cute first episode!!! I literally love all the characters already!!! <3<3<3
Jan 6, 3:14 PM
Jan 2023
@Lol1268 jesus, you demolished them!

Sep 2015
Nice episode and all, but one thing is really bugging me. Why on earth is she wearing a hearing aid when she can literally hear nothing? Not even the sound of the motor bike coming.
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
Looks like it’s more wholesome than dramatic, which I tend to avoid (the latter). The first episode was really sweet and I like that there seems to be multiple pairings?
Jan 6, 3:26 PM

Nov 2021
That was incredibly sweet, did not expect to like it that much but it me kinda emotional by the end of the episode. Absolutely in love with the artstyle and ost. This along with Dangers in my heart gonna be best romances of the season no doubt
Jan 6, 3:31 PM

Feb 2017
The guys in this show all got some thick lips lol. cute first episode though.

And I wonder why her mom doesn't sign at her, I think in one scene she even talked to her when she was facing away
JKKHJan 6, 3:36 PM
Jan 6, 4:36 PM
Dec 2023
i absolutely love the artstyle! im so glad we are getting more shojo/josei anime lately
Jan 6, 4:52 PM

Nov 2021
Such a sweet and cute first episode, it already made me tear up thinking about A Silent Voice. The art style is super pretty too
Jan 6, 4:53 PM

Aug 2015
Omg! such a cute first episode <3

Jan 6, 4:58 PM

Mar 2023
aw they’re so cute, can’t wait for the next ep
Jan 6, 5:05 PM
Feb 2015
Reply to coreynj
@jumbosan I agree he's being a little bit too familiar with her, but he seems like he might be a little socially inept, so perhaps he just doesn't understand social boundaries. As for falling in love on the first meeting, it's a bit cliche but it isn't far from reality, it happens sometimes especially for someone who's new to the feeling
@coreynj that's explaining thing for a bit then when the foreigner kiss him, he didn't even bat an eyelashes. Maybe cultural differences play into that too. As for falling in love i understand that each is different for everyone. But just for having small talk it kinda underwhelmed and unconvincing. Thanks for replying tho
Jan 6, 5:06 PM
May 2022
Nice fluffy first episode. Caught up with the manga and it’s nice to see the good production values here. It’s not my favorite or anything but they’re putting their all into it for sure. Also everyone is beautiful it’s crazy. Good start hope they continue to impress
Jan 6, 5:16 PM

Jul 2017
Personally got bored of it quickly but I can see the appeal for others falling in love with it, have to say the adaptation was fairly good. Suu Morishita's works that I have read in general that I have read just tend to be too slow and dry for my liking that it gets difficult to focus so this didn't click for me. Stuff that generally is fully fluffy-based from the get-go does lose my interest pretty quickly. But I can tell that the adaptation and production values were better than I expected for a start.
Jan 6, 5:32 PM
May 2022
People already saying this should have more than 12 episodes. Maybe this is a sign they want to leave material to make more seasons?
Jan 6, 5:37 PM
Nov 2018
Reply to AhmedJafar1
Nice episode and all, but one thing is really bugging me. Why on earth is she wearing a hearing aid when she can literally hear nothing? Not even the sound of the motor bike coming.
@AhmedJafar1 the hearing aid help her to perceive sound/noise a little bit, but can't differentiate the type of sounds and where it coming from. So yeah she wouldn't be able to recognize especially if something come from behind her

Anyway this will be explained more detail in the future episode
Jan 6, 5:47 PM

Jan 2022
Ummm I absolutely love that the color of the words was not black. Just by the OP, I know this shit is gonna be cute af. My heart dropped when he started talking slower/ more articulated so that she could read his lips ahhhh Rockin' Robin... Red Robin? Yum? I was confused for a sec when the foreigners started talking in English. He said wet instead of humid lmaooo I hate that the ML is like do you want to or not? Stooop!! This was such a cute first episode. I'm about to read the entire manga. I'm so excited for the rest of the episodes. Ugh my heart is literally :') that was so fkin cute, I can't.
This never updates so that's cool
Jan 6, 5:48 PM

Jan 2022
Reply to Dan_ALves
People already saying this should have more than 12 episodes. Maybe this is a sign they want to leave material to make more seasons?
@Dan_ALves Nah...that's too logical.
This never updates so that's cool
Jan 6, 5:57 PM
Apr 2020
With having no expectations going into this one, this turned out to be my favorite first episode of any anime this season. Absolutely blown away by how much I enjoyed this
Jan 6, 6:04 PM
Jul 2017
It was indeed good, the introduction to the main characters was made in such a cute way, loved it
Jan 6, 6:24 PM
Jan 2024
me parece interesante a pesar de no a ver leído el manga me recodo bastante a la película de A Silent Voice ya que la protagonista de este anime se parece bastante Shouko Nishimiya por el color de pelo y personalidad a pesar de tener el mismo problemas pero en diferente situación espero ver como avanza este anime
Jan 6, 6:26 PM

Sep 2015
Reply to MR_afreezAl
@AhmedJafar1 the hearing aid help her to perceive sound/noise a little bit, but can't differentiate the type of sounds and where it coming from. So yeah she wouldn't be able to recognize especially if something come from behind her

Anyway this will be explained more detail in the future episode
@MR_afreezAl

Thanks for clarifying. Maybe I should have just waited a little bit.
Yes, I am aware that hearing aid will only help to perceive things a little. I just think that the anime confused me a little by conveying to the viewer that she only hears complete silence whenever they tried to convey how she perceives her surroundings.
Jan 6, 6:27 PM
Dec 2023
Just the first episode completely melts you and the animation is so beautiful *O*
Jan 6, 6:34 PM
Oct 2021
felt like asmr, love it
Jan 6, 6:34 PM

Aug 2016
Omg, I’m so excited for this show! One of my fav mangas. I’m glad they incorporated the watercolors this mangaka always does in her series. Beautiful episode that didn’t disappoint.
Jan 6, 6:35 PM
Nov 2016
Very nice so far, and I gotta admit, our boy played it beautifully with the "yeah, the world is huge...let me in yours" line....smoother than creamy peanut butter on chilled marble!
Jan 6, 6:39 PM
Mar 2015
Welcome to Yuki's world
Jan 6, 6:41 PM

Sep 2016
The lips are super distracting but the girls are too cute
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jan 6, 6:50 PM
Dec 2022
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
Jan 6, 7:15 PM

Dec 2022
Everything from the little details, like Yuki's alarm clock, which is designed for people with hearing problems, from her using little signs to write down things.

When it all goes quiet, you can comprehend what she experiences daily, no sounds, nothing. Hearing her heart beat with her thoughts is something else man.

Nice first episode.
Jan 6, 7:22 PM
Dec 2017
epic, i really loved this episode, made me cry a little...
Jan 6, 7:27 PM
Nov 2023
jtredenick said:
Ain't this just a copy of A silent voice?

does deaf ppl only exist in a silent voice or smth ?
Jan 6, 7:46 PM
Jun 2022
the guy who owns McBenny's is Nick Robinson

Jan 6, 7:52 PM

Oct 2022
This was really adorable and the animation was beautiful.

Jan 6, 8:08 PM

Aug 2014
Can someone explain to me why she wears hearing aids but still doesn't hear anything?
What is the point of them?

Jan 6, 8:13 PM

Apr 2020
Wow, an extremely good episode. My favourite premiere of the season alongside Dangers s2. The end of the episode was so wholesome
Jan 6, 8:16 PM

Nov 2022
I just got all the feels. I absolutely love the character design and can't wait to see how this anime progresses..
Jan 6, 8:46 PM
Aug 2021
I'm so happy with the adaptation!🥰 The animation was soft & gentle, fitting to the story. There's CGI, but it does blend very well. The sound design is the standout element though. It really puts you in Yuki's world.
Jan 6, 8:51 PM

Oct 2022
Aww, college love blossoming into romance!! But this really puts it in perspective more of how life is so different for the deaf and blind. I'm definitely blessed. I'd think love would be much harder though there's people that are tolerant and open to date individuals with disabilities, might even get more action than people without disabilities.
UndefeatedBahamut
Jan 6, 9:07 PM

Dec 2022
The OP already had me kicking my feet but man this whole first episode really got my heart fluttering for 20 minutes straight. If this is the vibe the rest of the series has, I'm not sure my heart will last till the end of the season lol.
Jan 6, 9:39 PM

Feb 2019
This is so cute! I haven't ever read the manga, but this first episode is really cute. I really like that it takes place in uni, there aren't enough of those. The art is really pretty too, you can tell that the people that made it had a nice time with it.

The only thing better than anime is anime with snacks.

Jan 6, 9:43 PM

Feb 2017
Reply to jtredenick
Ain't this just a copy of A silent voice?
@jtredenick the only similarity is a deaf girl, so no
Jan 6, 9:52 PM
Dec 2023
It's sooooo good I loved it
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yubisaki to Renren Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 27

126 by Phixiately »»
Yesterday, 7:24 AM

Poll: » Yubisaki to Renren Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 23

194 by Darkiiii »»
May 6, 10:22 PM

» About OST

demonaman293 - May 1

1 by RaVeN_Mortus »»
May 1, 4:30 PM

» SEASON 2???!!

kisaragi_eki - Apr 9

18 by Vicky9anime »»
May 1, 1:45 AM

Poll: » Yubisaki to Renren Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 16

116 by bucciest »»
Apr 30, 4:56 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.