Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 26, 2023 10:55 AM
May 2018
I will rate this shield hero 3rd season. Animation 8/10, Opening Song 9/10, Ending Song 9/10, VA 10/10, Story 5/10. The story very un logic in this season, like some OVA or something like plus story for longer monetize author. Skip this sorry. But S1 All over 10/10
Dec 26, 2023 11:08 AM
Nov 2020
I believe is the bulid up for something else, I have not read the source material but, that's how it looks to me... the next season should be better and clarify some things
Dec 26, 2023 11:31 AM
Jul 2020
i could see that, the shield hero being able to gather the heros, in uneventfully successful way no struggles, introduction to new characters
Dec 26, 2023 12:59 PM
Nov 2018
@yesvirgi It had a great story in the first season. Hero was blamed for a crime he didn't commit. Hated in the country for no reason. Turns hero at the end. If you say that, was it no more. I would of been happy with it.
Dec 26, 2023 2:25 PM
May 2021
agree shit was all over the place, didnt enjoy this season or season 2
Dec 26, 2023 3:17 PM
Jul 2021
7/10, maybe 6/10. Story counts for way more than VA, op and eds, animation etc imo
Dec 26, 2023 7:26 PM
Sep 2021
lol what clown of a post
Dec 27, 2023 11:24 AM

Jun 2015
Im just baffled how some people think this is a good show let alone a 9/10. How is that even posisble
Dec 29, 2023 5:56 AM
Sep 2023
I Hope 4th Season Will Be Better. Probably 3rd Season Is Worst Season Of This Anime.
Dec 29, 2023 7:24 AM

Mar 2012
vol 13-16 is the series at its peak especially the last 2 volumes.

I can understand you will feel this way cause this is pretty much to wrap up the other 3 heroes stories following the naofumi getting his revenge and for them to finally act like real heroes and not just entitled idiots.

The writer kind of missed the mark on that on how he written it tough, it should be resolved following that arc, call it a bit of setback cause of the spirit tortoise arc scenario, that arc was the series at its lowest point and the anime adaptation somehow made it worse(uff what were the thinking)

It is also setting up the phoenix confrontation which also leads to the events in vol15-16 without spoiling. I really hope that s4 does get made, but right now it is anyone guess when or if it will come.

S1 def 10/10, S2 def a 4/10 and s3 i would say 7/10 which pretty fits the current score board. Its a step in the right direction but still could still be better.
Dec 29, 2023 7:31 AM

Feb 2021
It was never that good.
Jan 1, 2:16 AM

Feb 2014
I'd rather invest my limited watch time on sousou no frieren than this abomination
Jan 2, 11:54 AM
Dec 2010
Agreed with OP. Either i have hyped prequels in my memory or S3 quality of story really went down hill. It all felt like filler and real story seemed to start in last 5 minutes of last episode.
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Jan 2, 5:32 PM

Jan 2021
This season was terrible by this animes terrible standards: Repeated arcs, too many characters, plus it all just felt like a build up rather than any story within the season.

They need to cull the cast, far too many characters in the show now, outside that the show is probably unfixable given how stupid the story has been already.
Jan 2, 11:27 PM
Dec 2023
yesvirgi said:
I will rate this shield hero 3rd season. Animation 8/10, Opening Song 9/10, Ending Song 9/10, VA 10/10, Story 5/10. The story very un logic in this season, like some OVA or something like plus story for longer monetize author. Skip this sorry. But S1 All over 10/10

Sadly I disagree with the story. I actually really enjoyed this season for everything it brought onto the table. When it came to the other characters in the series it developed them in a really good way for example how we saw ren develop after the whole myne thing. I think it’s a honest 7/10 story. I loved it but honestly I’m a big shield hero fan so take my take with a grain of salt
Jan 4, 7:49 AM

Jun 2012
First season was so good to me for the most part, then 2nd season was a let down, this started better, but was shortlived as well, what a waste.
Jan 5, 3:44 AM

Feb 2017
Finally got around to finish this season after my brother binged the whole series and after that last ass-pull we came to the realization that it's been an ass-pull after another since after the original arc was done.

Let's go to an island that has a 2x exp event going on! oh there's some extra stuff that was never mentioned before too!, oh now this totally not random turtle started destroying the world, oh now we're in an alternative universe!(although the au was at least hinted before), turns out the turtle has 3 buddies and we're fighting them all! waves? that's so last season, now we're betting on our own fights to earn money to buy slaves, what you mean play the market? never done that, look a dragon egg! now we're fighting that dragon!, oh it turns out raphtalia always been a princess I promise!

It's not bad, heck you could say one piece does the same thing when hopping from island to island but OP has a goal and some sub plots linking all those arcs, here all we have is save the world from as of the addition of the au some underlying force that has yet to be introduced or even thought as the real problem since it seems even after the heroes defeat this round of bad things it'll come back to worlds that know they happen once in a while but don't prepare for them aside from summoning heroes.

tl;dr story is a mess of okayish/good shorts barely related with a generic goal.
Jan 5, 10:12 PM

Feb 2014
Reply to Moppit
@yesvirgi It had a great story in the first season. Hero was blamed for a crime he didn't commit. Hated in the country for no reason. Turns hero at the end. If you say that, was it no more. I would of been happy with it.
@Moppit There is a reason he is hated. The religion of Melromarc only considered 3 heroes, because the Shield Hero was considered a god to Demi-Humans and humans hate Demi-Humans, add to that the fact Malty said the Shield Hero raped her, people had even more reason to hate him.
Jan 5, 10:54 PM

Feb 2014
Reply to -ShadowClaw-
vol 13-16 is the series at its peak especially the last 2 volumes.

I can understand you will feel this way cause this is pretty much to wrap up the other 3 heroes stories following the naofumi getting his revenge and for them to finally act like real heroes and not just entitled idiots.

The writer kind of missed the mark on that on how he written it tough, it should be resolved following that arc, call it a bit of setback cause of the spirit tortoise arc scenario, that arc was the series at its lowest point and the anime adaptation somehow made it worse(uff what were the thinking)

It is also setting up the phoenix confrontation which also leads to the events in vol15-16 without spoiling. I really hope that s4 does get made, but right now it is anyone guess when or if it will come.

S1 def 10/10, S2 def a 4/10 and s3 i would say 7/10 which pretty fits the current score board. Its a step in the right direction but still could still be better.
@-ShadowClaw- There's no way S3 is superior to S2, S3 is all over the place. The first 3 episodes were good, but then it gets repetitive for the three Legendary Heroes:

Motoyasu Ren Itsuki
gets tricked by Bitch not in this season gets tricked by Bitch gets tricked by Bitch
is told not to believe Bitch by Naofumi that was tricked by her not in this season is told not to believe Bitch by people (Motoyasu & Naofumi) that were tricked by her is told not to believe Bitch by people (Ren & Naofumi) that were tricked by her
has to deal with his former party looking down on him has to deal with his former party looking down on him has to deal with his former party looking down on him
Doesn't train a single day, unlocks Curse series Doesn't train a single day, unlocks Curse series Doesn't train a single day, unlocks Curse series
- Joins Naofumi after becoming enlightened of his own mistakes Joins Naofumi after becoming enlightened of his own mistakes

Motoyasu takes almost a whole episode and nothing develops for his character, Ren and Itsuki take two episodes with repetitive issues and their outcome feels undeserving. If you add up, that is 5 episodes with minimal "wrap up".

Then we have a little bit over 2 episodes for that terrible dragon plot, I don't know how it is in the LN, but they should have fixed that, or at least pushed it forward and give more time to both Ren and Itsuki and try to write something better for them.

Considering how the last episode is in its entirety to set for S4, we have basically 2 episodes of zero development, sure some moments with S'yne Lokk, but other than that nothing that moves the plot forward. S3 is a disgrace, terrible plot, if the LN is that bad, the author should have fixed it for the anime.
Jan 6, 1:57 AM

Jan 2021
It's sad cuz the world-building is not expectional but is good in comparasion with some other fantasy animes, the characters ain't Lord Of The Rings or Mushoku Tensei but they have their charm, the fights are good and the soundtrack nails it... SO WHY THEY SPEND A LOT OF SCENES ON RECONSTRUCTION OF A TOWN, THIS IS NOT SIMSCITY 4 OR THE FUCKNG CIVILIZATION, if they want us to care about the town well... there are examples of cities making you worried about it, but if the main objective of this season is to care about the town and their people THEY FAILED SO FCKING BAD

They just could literally show some scenes of Naoufumi bein a good leader or some shit if they didn't want to not explain why the hell naoufumi have a whole furrie town
FanthyLordJan 6, 2:02 AM

Jan 6, 5:38 PM
Feb 2021
S2 was pretty bad, but S3 was unwatchable.. It was painful to watch till the end. It is the worst sequel I have ever watched
Apr 28, 5:02 AM

Apr 2013
Well the author just copied Ren's story and pasted it into Itsuki's story, so... yeah writing certainly was not impressive this season.

More topics from this board

» If this anime ended at Season 1 it would have been a satisfying ending

Remocracy - Dec 15, 2023

28 by Zedlin »»
May 16, 9:47 AM

» Okay I know she came back but Bitch is just not a good character or villian!

MasterHavik - Oct 27, 2023

28 by Gator »»
Apr 28, 5:04 AM

» Too Many Characters

Stink_Bug - Dec 23, 2023

10 by Gator »»
Apr 28, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Season 3 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2023

155 by Gator »»
Apr 28, 4:52 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Season 3 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2023

95 by Gator »»
Apr 28, 4:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.