Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Dec 25, 2023 11:10 AM
Jun 2020
which manga chapter is this episode 12?
gotta start reading manga!
Dec 25, 2023 12:51 PM
Aug 2014
Reply to Ozi02
which manga chapter is this episode 12?
gotta start reading manga!
@Ozi02 the anime is currently ahead of the manga, so you gotta wait a while for it to catch up.
Dec 26, 2023 1:05 AM
Jun 2020
It was satisfying
Dec 26, 2023 11:29 AM
Jul 2020
imo sending all your defensives in all in one place is a bad idea when there are assassin watching your land, shouldve kept some ppl watching the village.

Didnt feel like a finale episode for sure, felt like it just ended like some regular episode, didnt feel satisfied after last episode
Dec 26, 2023 1:09 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016

I didn't quite understand why to continue with this episode when the arc had ended in the previous episode, but it has become clear that this episode is the beginning of the new arc, one that seems to bring surprises!

In general was a mediocre season!

5/10

kekeke
Dec 26, 2023 6:25 PM

May 2022
3D dragon in the last episode of the season. 💀

Now Raphtalia is a princess and we are going to a some kind of japanese culture country.

I enjoyed this last episode, despite the 3D dragon that I've mentioned. May the king appear again and redeem himself?

Please!! Someone kill Malty
Dec 26, 2023 6:53 PM

Jul 2014
Oh so Raphtalia is royalty from another country and that miko outfit is a declaration that she's going for the throne... how convenient lol. Seriously, there are even spies that have always been watching her without anyone noticing until now that they attacked her. Why?! I don't think it was necessary to pull this plot out of nowhere, Raphtalia was fine as she was.

At least if there's one good thing about all this, it's seeing her in the miko outfit, she looks great!

The season ended and we still have these little encounters between Trash and Atla huh. Wasn't there a key visual that implied that he would be important this season? What happened to that?

What the hell is Motoyasu up to? Is he trying to become one with the chocobos filolials or something? xD

I wouldn't mind seeing a bit of Filo and Melty's adventures, it looks fun. We had very little of Melty and the same could be said for Filo after the first arc but at least one of the highlights of this season will be her idol style song so there's that.

Man, I don't know what to think about this season. While the previous season had the infamous tortoise arc, it also had the Kizuna arc who is easily one of the best girls in the series. This season on the other hand, started off pretty good and very promising, I really liked the first few episodes but once the other heroes showed up... maybe it's because I never gave a shit about them, but it was definitely annoying to see them, let alone go through the same thing 3 times. All expectations died, except for that big battle with the dragon, I really liked that part.
I definitely like this show better when it's about Naofumi and his party. Sadeena and Atla were welcome additions and I really liked the OP.

And that's it for this season of Shield Hero. It was really weird what they did at the end removing the 3 from the title, I thought they will announce a fourth season but nope, they just left it at that. I guess something else may be coming?

P.S. Please someone kill Malty.

SkyLETVDec 26, 2023 7:01 PM
Dec 27, 2023 12:43 AM

Jul 2022
I don't know if my expectations were too high here, but this entire season felt like a string of filler episodes where Naofumi runs a daycare. On top of that, the pacing was so excruciating that I found myself skipping through some episodes out of frustration. It's so far removed from how good the original story was that it honestly left me exhausted and disappointed.

This last episode was so random too...
k...

Now that I think back on it, the dragon episode was just as weird and out of left field too. I don't even know what's going on anymore... Malty is starting to turn into Team Rocket while Naofumi is on a tear collecting pokeslaves.
Dec 27, 2023 6:03 AM

May 2015
This season was as much average as usual, with some correct episodes sometimes.

Maybe the next season could have something interesting ?
Dec 27, 2023 6:36 AM
Dec 2023
the best anime to watch
Dec 27, 2023 6:59 AM

Jan 2014
so finally the four cardinal heroes are banded together. things started to get better.

I still don't understand, why most fighter in this anime has the audacity to attack heroes and tried to kill them though. what's the point of becoming hero if they get easily killed by fodder character
Dec 27, 2023 7:05 AM
Apr 2020
This anime is going downhill in ways i could have never imagined.
An absolute disaster.

- Bitch manipulated 3 heroes with the same tactic and she got away with it. There's a limit to someone's lazyness.
- How much time did they waste with side characters ? The blind girl, the dragon girl, the one from the other world. Why should we care ?
- Suddenly we have to accept that Naofumi and the other heroes are slightly more powerful than random NPCs ?
- If you actually need manpower to fight the Phoenix, you need to raise an army, not an orphanage. (I will spare you the talk of "leveling up" children)

- The nail in the coffin : now Raphtalia is royalty, and she was being followed and watched without anyone noticing for months... Oh, and we're getting 12 episodes out of it.

Also, basic concept when writing a story, if you're setting up the next wave at the beggining of a season you need to make sure there is a payoff, otherwise your audience is going to think that you are wasting their time, and that's exactly what we did.

Dec 27, 2023 1:16 PM
Apr 2021
Reply to Warchiii
I don't know if my expectations were too high here, but this entire season felt like a string of filler episodes where Naofumi runs a daycare. On top of that, the pacing was so excruciating that I found myself skipping through some episodes out of frustration. It's so far removed from how good the original story was that it honestly left me exhausted and disappointed.

This last episode was so random too...
k...

Now that I think back on it, the dragon episode was just as weird and out of left field too. I don't even know what's going on anymore... Malty is starting to turn into Team Rocket while Naofumi is on a tear collecting pokeslaves.
@warchilll the problem is that it actually doesn't happen out of no where, i think in the LN's very early on both naofumi and raphtalia could feel that there were always eyes on them and that i think it was foreshadowed multiple times. but i guess since the first season came out, they didn't know the series would ever reach to this point so they skipped the details out and now it feels very sudden and out of no where
Dec 27, 2023 1:28 PM

May 2020
damn this final was very rushed
the season was just mid
s1 of Shield Hero was amazing and solid 9/10
and it just started going downhill
well they left off at a cliff hanger and I guess we might get a s4 but Idk if I even want it
6/10 for this season and that's being generous

Dec 27, 2023 6:23 PM

Feb 2020
it's okay, I think it'd be cool to see them crush these assholes who didn't give a damn about raphtalias life in the next season
Personally if I were naofumi I would immediately ask for Melty's hand in marriage whenever I wanted a present for my efforts..

Dec 28, 2023 1:54 AM

Oct 2017
Missed watching this and goblin slayer s2 finale on airing date as I was traveling with my family. So a bit late on the party.

A good episode to end the season. Interesting development at the end as we finally got to know Raphtalia's origin and was a nice setup for next season which makes me crave for more. Raphtalia daughter zoned btw but suits their relationship.

Better than last season, enjoyed most of it with the introduction of some new characters, specially Sadeena neesan, she's waifu. Looking forward to next season.
Dec 28, 2023 5:17 AM

Jan 2011
Well this was better than season 2 but did it stumble at times. Let's hope season 4 is much longer with this animation quality.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Dec 28, 2023 9:56 AM

Sep 2020
Not sure what's the main point of the season besides getting the other 3 finally realize how stupid they were, if there's s4 maybe we can see more developments, overall better than s2 but still not as good as s1.
Dec 28, 2023 9:59 AM
Aug 2020
Ah, so Raphtalia was a Palpatine all along.
Dec 28, 2023 2:57 PM

Nov 2014
People talk about CG dragon but to me it seem it was used much more - it's just harder to hide on bigger object like dragon. I mean, even look opening, it looks like 3D animation stylized with 2D ("anime style") shaders. And tbh it looks good.

Anyway. Story is as bad as always, but S3 was fun to watch. It looked way better than S2 and I think dialogues and pacing were more reasonable too.
Personally I'm not a fan of this development in last episode. Just get to that phoenix already.

And Atla best girl.
Dec 29, 2023 1:09 PM
Dec 2014
The story continues to degrade into a mess of nothing..
Dec 29, 2023 6:44 PM
Dec 2014
Well Raph being a royal came out of nowhere. Seems like a plotline just to pad the story. Also Bitch should've been executed a long time ago, none of this bs would'nt have happened then.
Dec 30, 2023 7:43 AM
Jan 2021
I'm waiting for the season 4!!
Dec 30, 2023 8:32 AM

Oct 2013
slow progression to the parent story, 7/10
Dec 30, 2023 10:05 AM
Jan 2023
third season is already over, for the most part it was a good one though and I do hope it gets a fourth one.

That ending though was completely unexpected, assassins trying to take out Raphtalia was the last thing I was expecting, but they played it well.

Gets a 7/10 from me, was a massive improvement over season 2, but not as good as the first one. I just hope they decide to make the next season a 24 episode season and not try to cover too much, I think that's where the first season really did shine, the pacing.
Dec 30, 2023 4:43 PM
Dec 2020
Wow, so much new information that we did not have any inclination about before this season, and it's all kind of important, so it's weird that it only comes out now. I'm not going to follow the thread of logic behind these new developments here, because it's like a magic trick. Moyalty, Schmoyalty, Raphtalia is now Royalty. The whole Miko outfit misunderstanding is just the cherry on top. Of all the possible outfits in the universe they accidentally picked the only one that paints a huge target on Raphtalia's back. What are the odds...

I guess the show must go on, but for how much longer? The cool premise has run its course, ideas are running out, ratings are slipping, it's grim over Loralororrlllena Village or whatever it's called.

I'll give the next season 2 episodes, but if they don't do something drastic to bring it back to greatness, I'm out.
Dec 31, 2023 1:27 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Oh dear, Raphtalia is suddenly a royalty from faraway country. What a bad retcon, on top of the very stupid reason to start a new arc.

It feels like the writer has already run out of ideas and inserting some random retcon in order to lengthen the plot as much as possible.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Dec 31, 2023 8:13 AM

Oct 2008
The part about Raphtalia being a princess was completely random and out of nowhere, it felt like the author just made it up on the spot because next arc is needed. There were no hints or anything about the "assassins" hovering them anywhere in the show up to this point. Honestly, made no sense that they were never noticed by anyone despite always being around the gorup. That said, I am interested in the arc itself. Would be interesting to watch Naofumi if he really does go over there and subdue their country like he said he will.

As for the season itself, contrary to most others, I found this season weaker than season 2. This whole season Naofumi just had to babysit the other heroes who went psychotic for an unexplained reason. I already didn't like how mentally unstable the other heroes were, but this was just painful to watch. About the only thing I enjoyed was the introduction of Atla who is a strong fighter and seems like a great addition to the party. A very sweet personally and calm and rational analyzer of whatever they encounter. "Brains" of the party if you will.

Anyway, hopefully they don't put off season 4 for too long. I still have hope that it can recover.
Jan 1, 10:59 PM
Jun 2012
A much better season than season two.

Hopefully this level of quality will keep up for season three.
Jan 6, 9:18 PM
Mar 2016
No annoucement for a sequel. man, this is so sad when it's just about to getting good and decent story (This apply to Q-Ten Lo Arc only. Season 2 aka Spirit Turtle and Season 3 aka Capture 3 heroes arc is not that great).
Jan 8, 5:07 PM

Mar 2021
Liked this s3 but kinda boring, season 1 will stay the best

Animation is good and bad, same for the 3D, they fail Sadina's face so bad Im crying because I love her design
Story kinda meh imo, it was obviously more focusing on reuniting the 4 heroes, but they are all 3 so boring (I forgot the Archer hero existed), and all got fooled by Bitch, same scenario 4 times..
Raphtalia is so beautiful in the maiden outfit, too bad she cant wear it ;_; (but that would be less practical in combat)

Still hoping to see whats next, in part2 or s4 ! The Phoenix boss is not for now, yet
Jan 9, 9:37 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Compared to the previous two seasons, it feels like the series is starting to finally somewhat get on the right track for me.

It’s amazing that Bitch is still running around causing havoc effortlessly and there’s an invasion to come from the Cardinal Heroes. Pacing is still rushed as ever but it’s good to see the heroes are starting to finally be reasoned with. Curious to see where the story will go from here onwards, and here’s to hoping the supposed invasion won’t take too much off the preparations because that’ll certainly be the next highlight of the series. Definitely came out of nowhere, if you ask me, but oh well.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jan 13, 1:07 AM
May 2017
This royalty thing is so random, but I do kinda like the setup. Other than that, messy. Bitch manipulating the heroes is repetitive, most of the many characters introduced are uninteresting, one-dimensional, and don't get the opportunity to change that because the series as a whole is so rushed, spear guy is annoying, the dragon situation was also super random, the heroes' redemptions weren't impactful at all.

Don't know if season 4 will be worth watching for me.
Jan 13, 2:30 AM
Jan 2021
It seems that Itsuki is back in the fight, but I’m not sure whether he’s at full power…

Raphtalia is the main focus here. She is the first genuine member of Naofumi’s party (though he did enslave her initially). She gets her Miko outfit, and then assassins from Q’ten Lo attempt to kill her because only the Heavenly Empress can wear that special attire. This is such bogus stuff. I understand why Naofumi is more than ready to wage war against this nation. This is similar, but not even close to being on the same level as Luffy going into Enies Lobby and waging war against entire world. Naofumi has learned from the Fifth Emperor.

The Phoenix can wait. No one is threatening Raphtalia on Naofumi’s watch, and it seems that Elhart recognized the kunai… Filo seems to be enjoying her training with Melty.

Can’t wait for Season 4!
Jan 14, 1:01 AM
Jun 2020
I don't really understand Naofumi's reluctance and apprehension with Queen Mirellia Melromarc offering him aid here. That whole interaction this episode felt really out of place in season 3. Maybe season 1 naofumi would have been distrustful of the queen upon meeting her the first time... but it would have been weird had she not helped out wouldnt it have? She had always been team shield hero. I really thought he had gotten over all his trust issues and paranoia regarding the Queen after the Trial, at the very least we haven't seen any indication of him still questioning her motives since season 1.
Jan 15, 2:07 AM

Dec 2020
Much better than s2. Too many characters now but they don't seem to do too much. Like we saw the new researcher rat for like 1 ep. They played it safe here. Just some nice quality arcs but nothing too crazy. This was also less of a finale and more of a to be continued
Jan 15, 1:01 PM

Feb 2014
What has become of this anime?

Specially boring, cliche and random season. It was as if this anime has no goals or meaning anymore.

4 or 5/10

By this point, I don´t expect and won´t miss a season 4.
Jan 15, 7:10 PM
Jan 2017
I tried really hard to like this episode but I can't just ignore the very obvious flaw of Raphtalia suddenly being a member of royalty. This came out of nowhere, was never properly foreshadowed and Naofumi has to take yet another detour that distracts from the upcoming fight with the Phoenix.

The whole season suffered from both an overabundance of characters and a lack of a central antagonist. It's sad watching a show that knocked it out of the park with its first season fall so far from its throne and become just another fantasy series in a sea of fantasy anime.

But hey, at least it's over now and we can all move on with our lives.
Jan 17, 4:33 PM
Jan 2024
S2 wasn't that good but this season is a lot better, it deals more with hero backstories and has a lot of development in terms of characters - even side characters - so i think that the creators did listen a lot to the fans. Over all i think it was moslty a season to build up the next season (S4) though i still think S1 is the best season of all 3.
_twi_light_Jan 17, 4:43 PM
Jan 21, 2:00 AM

Aug 2009
they totally managed to kill my mood into watching this series anymore...

how is Malty still a relevant character, they reused her entire plot twice (again), and they are still planning to use her by looking at how the season ended.

now we have this raphtalia scene of wearing a dress for 5 minutes and all hell breaks loose, out of nowwhere we learn the slave has royal blood now. (boring and cliche) none of this makes sense.

I lost my confidence in the writer of this story, so many things he could have done and this is what he does.
SlashBlackJan 21, 2:09 AM
Jan 21, 2:46 AM
May 2023
Naofumi and war :T
Jan 30, 1:45 PM

Mar 2013
Seriously, why is everyone so eager to get in war with the shield hero ? i guess overlord was right and you need to kill everyone to calm the retard in the back
Jan 30, 7:07 PM

Nov 2023
Way better than Season 2, but not as good as the first Season.

This Season saved the show for me, I honestly was gonna drop it after how Season 2 was but glad I didn't. This was a solid Season with a solid conclusion that will lead into Season 4 which I'm excited for.
Feb 1, 4:48 PM
Apr 2018
wow, way to kill ralphtalia's arc with that "royal blood" garbage.

horrible season, everything is so rushed.
Feb 1, 9:58 PM

Feb 2021
Can't wait to see the next season!
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Feb 3, 1:18 PM
Jan 2022
season 4 please :D
Feb 3, 8:01 PM

Jan 2013
This season was much better than the last one, and finally, the plot developments in this season were pretty great. Inafumi finally has a village with great power within it and all heroes finally decided to stop being trolls lol
Hope we'll have more season in the future and that the 2nd season wasn't enough to ruin financing for this show :/
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Feb 4, 10:25 PM

Jul 2008
THis was better than Season 2, but not the perfection of Season 1.

And now Raphtalia is royalty out of nowhere and now we have a war....that a bit of an ass pull at this point.

And Bitch is STILL ALIVE.

7/10
Feb 28, 1:16 AM
Aug 2023
very rushed feeling to the whole thing. Animation was not up to par. all in all very lack luster in comparison to the first two seasons.
Feb 28, 1:17 AM
Aug 2023
Reply to Stark700
Raphtalia looked good in her shrine maiden outfit imo. However, this episode was more about her in the role she plays in.

Felt kinda rushed though and it didn't give the finale vibe that I had hoped for. At least we do get all the relevant characters in the show making appearances one more time. Maybe I was expecting more but the season finale definitely felt a little underwhelming.
@Stark700 Based, could not have said it better myself.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» If this anime ended at Season 1 it would have been a satisfying ending

Remocracy - Dec 15, 2023

28 by Zedlin »»
May 16, 9:47 AM

» Okay I know she came back but Bitch is just not a good character or villian!

MasterHavik - Oct 27, 2023

28 by Gator »»
Apr 28, 5:04 AM

» About bad story

yesvirgi - Dec 26, 2023

21 by Gator »»
Apr 28, 5:02 AM

» Too Many Characters

Stink_Bug - Dec 23, 2023

10 by Gator »»
Apr 28, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Season 3 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2023

95 by Gator »»
Apr 28, 4:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.