Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 18, 2023 8:00 AM

Jul 2017
Rae dumping Claire onto Manaria, she thinks that she can just gloss the problem over, though the latter was the one who forced her hand on her unrequited love between the same sex. But even Manaria has her own issues, which like Rae, pushed it over the board and left wandering to places to fulfill her greed of money and sex, which she is not going to give up on Claire now, especially with the upcoming Amour Ceremony. Even worse, Manaria sure got Claire forcefully thinking of Rae, as the latter goes on a rage to get an ultra-rare 0.5% monster drop, using the learnt game experience for her own benefit.

Soon, it's the Amour Ceremony, and the Scales of Love tips between Rae and Manaria as its highlight, with Claire still undecided about how she feels about said girl, as Misha surmises how she would feel if Rae won. Sure, Manaria has the Flower of Flora to properly convey her feelings to her, but not without Rae showing herself to have...a normal tree twig? The Scales of Love is tested between both offerings, and Rae's offering turned out to be a rather majestic tree, being the weightiest Branch of Eternal Love. And as it turns out, Manaria has been eyeing Rae all the while as a way to tease her...which Claire's semi-conscious love confession does the trick.

With Manaria having lost the battle playing the role of the villain, she has to go back to her homeland of Sousse Kingdom to succeed the throne, but not before without telling her the truth of what she saw. Most definitely, Rae can't tell her that "it's all in the game" to preserve the frenetic future of what's to come. But for now, Rae is all over Claire, and she is the unequivocal bride position of hers.

For an Isekai Otome Game, this quite hits the mark for a Yuri show. It's definitely one of the better Otome Game adaptations in the past 3.5 years...if founded on the story alone this far.
KANLen09Dec 19, 2023 1:06 AM
Dec 18, 2023 8:00 AM

Dec 2021
Rei has officially stepped down as Claire's maid, and you can really feel how much they mean to each other.

Concealing her true feelings and wishing for Claire's happiness, Rei is egged on by Manaria to try and snatch Claire away from her. Succumbing to this provocation, Rei challenges her but suffers defeat. In despair, she resigns from her position as Claire's maid. Seizing this opportunity, Manaria declares her intention to make Claire her comfort. In response, Rei, determined to change her fate, faces another showdown with Manaria in the Festival of Amor, offering sacrifices on the scales to measure the weight of her emotions.

I couldn't help but laugh when all Rei brought was a branch. But then it hit me – that branch was probably the rare item with a 0.5 drop rate that Rei had been searching for. How things have changed! Rei used to be the one chasing after Claire, and now it's Claire who's interested in Rei. That genuinely put a smile on my face, I have to admit. Rei can be a bit of a handful, but that's part of who she is. Thanks to Manaria, she's found a way to get closer to Claire, and I can appreciate that. Despite my reservations about Rei, I still think she's a bit difficult, but hey, that's life.

If there's ever a second season, it looks like the goal will be to stop Claire's execution. Hopefully, we'll get that second season someday.

After a year with hardly any yuri anime, this one turned out to be a lifesaver, and what an amazing journey it was. I'd give it an 8/10. I'm definitely planning to rewatch it one day.

Dec 18, 2023 9:25 AM

Jan 2021
What a fitting way to conclude the first season of this anime. This is one of the year's best yuri anime, and what a fantastic ride it was for the LGBTQIA+ community.

There are numerous hints throughout the episode (we saw what they did there. *point meme*) that season 2 will be released, but no announcement has been made.

If you want season 2 to happen but can't afford the Blu-ray, you can buy as many WataOshi's anime-branded items as you can afford from CDJapan. As of now, many of the items in the shop have already sold out, and Blu-ray pre-orders are still going strong, which is definitely a positive indicator.

We're all hoping for season two. Make a Christmas wish for the second season.

YuyuichiDec 18, 2023 7:01 PM
Dec 18, 2023 9:56 AM

Apr 2014
Sadly, no announcement has been made. This anime should get the second season at all costs for the perfect happy ending.
何それ?意味分かんない
Dec 18, 2023 10:51 AM

Feb 2019
“Regardless of whether the scales of love and God acknowledge me, I still love you. I will continue to love you all my life. Would you accept me not as your maid, but as your partner?”

Oh my goodness this finale was immaculate, sublime, perfection. No beating around the bush or indirect teasing, just peak yuri in the truest sense. Announce season 2 now!!!

Where to start..

Holy shit I wasn’t expecting Manaria to have raped her own maid. That whole conversation with Rae took a surprisingly dark turn. I thought she was going to say that she didn’t confess and the person left the castle, but to have let your desires become that twisted.. wow. Definitely gave Rae the motivation she needed to participate in scale weighing ceremony.

I feel like the ceremony itself ended up being a metaphor for Rae and Manaria’s competition for Claire. Manaria presents this super rare flower that seemingly is the best possible item to bring. Rae brings an unheard of seemingly plain stick that once placed on the scale just blooms into a massive tree that dwarves Manaria’s offering. It’s really symbolic of Rae as a person. She came out of nowhere, a regular commoner with seemingly nothing special about her, ends up having immense magical prowess and wins over Claire’s heart, showing that her feelings are bigger than anyone else’s for Claire. Nice touch there from the author.

“Rae belongs to me you can’t take my things from me” not only was this cute as hell, but it’s also the biggest rebuke Claire’s ever given to Manaria. Growing up, she’d do anything Manaria said without question. But her feelings for Rae are so strong at this point that she’s willing to defy someone she’s looked up to and idolised her whole life.

“Rae’s the one who’ll be the bride” 😩 yea Rae’s got Claire wrapped around her finger at this point. No going back now. Not bad for a commoner 😂

Seems like Manaria has an inkling that Rae isn’t just some regular commoner after all.. no one else knew about that tree branch or how to cure the poison.. definitely should be ringing some bells but no one else seems to be picking up on it. I wonder how long she’ll be able to keep her being isekai’d to herself. Especially if she wants to prevent the bad end for Claire..

And that ending scene is so cute! Before Claire could just brush off when Rae says cute stuff, not anymore. She’s fully in love at this point even if she won’t admit it out loud yet. Villainess love route acquired ☑️

I will miss this show so much, peak yuri. Onto the LN.

Edit; They saying it wasn’t rape and that the maid leaving right after they got involved was a coincidence. Didn’t seem that way to me but if that’s your interpretation, cool I’m not getting in a debate over it 👍 way more to talk about in this ep
Marinate1016Dec 18, 2023 12:21 PM
Dec 18, 2023 11:01 AM

Dec 2021
Rae this ep: "Nah, I'd win" ✍️🔥🔥
Dec 18, 2023 11:15 AM
Dec 2023
2nd season ples 😭😭
Dec 18, 2023 11:26 AM

Oct 2018
Aww I'm so sad it's over. But also really happy we even got this one season with pretty much the perfect halfway ending point of their relationship. Manaria's appearance made the final three episodes my favorite by far simply because from this point on Rae and Claire will begin to feel like an actual couple. S2 never obviously but the manga/LN are always there for anyone interested, also the small glimpse of what the future may look like was adorable (not the guillotine part though lmao).
Dec 18, 2023 11:30 AM
Jun 2023
IzanaSolos said:
Rei has officially stepped down as Claire's maid, and you can really feel how much they mean to each other.

Concealing her true feelings and wishing for Claire's happiness, Rei is egged on by Manaria to try and snatch Claire away from her. Succumbing to this provocation, Rei challenges her but suffers defeat. In despair, she resigns from her position as Claire's maid. Seizing this opportunity, Manaria declares her intention to make Claire her comfort. In response, Rei, determined to change her fate, faces another showdown with Manaria in the Festival of Amor, offering sacrifices on the scales to measure the weight of her emotions.

I couldn't help but laugh when all Rei brought was a branch. But then it hit me – that branch was probably the rare item with a 0.5 drop rate that Rei had been searching for. How things have changed! Rei used to be the one chasing after Claire, and now it's Claire who's interested in Rei. That genuinely put a smile on my face, I have to admit. Rei can be a bit of a handful, but that's part of who she is. Thanks to Manaria, she's found a way to get closer to Claire, and I can appreciate that. Despite my reservations about Rei, I still think she's a bit difficult, but hey, that's life.

If there's ever a second season, it looks like the goal will be to stop Claire's execution. Hopefully, we'll get that second season someday.

After a year with hardly any yuri anime, this one turned out to be a lifesaver, and what an amazing journey it was. I'd give it an 8/10. I'm definitely planning to rewatch it one day.

Judging from the traction it's getting, Whisper Me a Love Song seems like its going to be the Yuri to watch if you're interested. Imo for 2023, i'd note that The Magical Revolution of the Reincarnated Princess and the Genius Young Lady was the best Yuri for the year.
Dec 18, 2023 11:34 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Well they finally got together in the end, thankfully

I'm pretty happy with that as a finale but it also makes it more annoying that they didn't announce a second season, because I actually wanted to see them together for a while as well if so :s
Dec 18, 2023 11:37 AM

Mar 2021
So glad Rae and Miss Claire got together I really do hope we get a second season this show has been great
Dec 18, 2023 11:39 AM

Jun 2016
Great, it's a shame there wasn't a second season announced right away. After watching the last episode, I think that Manaria should be the heroine of a yuri dōjinshi, learning from her dialogs, so many plot variations. The whole series is clearly a 10.
Dec 18, 2023 11:57 AM

Jul 2020
So we got a tiny glimpse of actual "girls love" in the last two episodes. Doesn't change the fact that this show is 95% childish bantering over minor issues and 5% of maybe something distantly resembling extremely tame romance. At the very least, it was better than that "Yuri is my Job" abomination from the spring season.
Dec 18, 2023 11:59 AM

Dec 2016
And thus, the prey becomes the predator.

This show for me it was kind of the middle of the road. It had an interesting "twist" to the quite popular villianesse trend by having the MC being the simp for the villianesse. But the animation quality (specially the magic attacks) at times along with evaluating the substance of some of the content in the early episodes kinda lowered my enjoyment. Add to that the final conflict happened in barely 2 episodes with Manaria being either a troll or a self insert character for the author.

Still, it had some really good values in the whole "chase" for Clarie to drop the tsun act and be more receptive to her own feelings. A lot of the sidecast was also quite enjoyable, like Misha the wingman and Lenne, along with all 3 princes. I would certainly watch a season 2 if there ever gets a sequel.

This one gets a solid 7 in my books.
Dec 18, 2023 12:09 PM

Sep 2009
Reply to LosTakeover
IzanaSolos said:

Judging from the traction it's getting, Whisper Me a Love Song seems like its going to be the Yuri to watch if you're interested. Imo for 2023, i'd note that The Magical Revolution of the Reincarnated Princess and the Genius Young Lady was the best Yuri for the year.
@LosTakeover IMHO MagiRevo went a bit downhill after the first arc. Though, it definetely had better production. This one ha not adapted the best part of the plot, regretfully, stopping 2/3 way in the first story arc. It desperately need a sequel.

Dec 18, 2023 12:13 PM

Nov 2016
Manaria was playing her part too well. Her little act didn't just strengten Rae's resolve, once the switched up Claire's true feelings also slipped out for second. Was afraid with only one episode left it would be too rushed, but it worked out in the end.

This was some fine yuri fun

6/10

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 18, 2023 12:13 PM
Jun 2020
Rae got her own Rae, AHAHAHAHA!!!
Dec 18, 2023 12:15 PM

May 2020
This "letting them realize their true feelings" troupe is already insufferable as we know, but the way they presented it for the last three-four episodes, with the REASONINGS, had me facepalm the entire while...

... I mean just because a normal girl who was forced upon by our "wIngwOMaN" did what the common sense tells, we literally had to suffer this entirely unneeded segment of, "If it didn't happen for me, I'd make sure it happens for them".

Phew, the ending is at least true to the themes, if nothing. Good on them, but guess it's brothels again for miss wingwoman:)

Also, someone did say "I hate homosexuality" back in episode 3, but I guess that's just my mind imagining things... because look now lol.
Dec 18, 2023 12:28 PM
Sep 2023
This is my first Yuri watching experience and it’s set a high bar. 9/10
Dec 18, 2023 12:29 PM

Dec 2022
well very typical yuri show but it being isekai makes it unique also ngl i kinda like tsudere i know there are many tsundere but i like a good tsudere show and it being isekai wakes up the isekai trash man in me so i think it is half way decent show at least by my perspective
Dec 18, 2023 12:37 PM
Panzer Vor!

Jun 2014
while it was not better than the manga adaptation i still liked very much the anime, and really really hope that it gets a second season (i am not that optimistic but we can dream right?).
Atleast it was a good point to end.
8,5/10 (the manga is 9 for reference).
Dec 18, 2023 12:47 PM

Jan 2018
Aaaa it finally ended. So glad I finally got to see one of my favorite yuri manga/LN animated. I still thoroughly enjoyed the anime. Now I badly need a second season.
ARK-13Dec 18, 2023 12:55 PM
Dec 18, 2023 1:37 PM

Sep 2017
Yo this is the best cameo ever they put Rae and Claire children May and Aleah ^_^
Dec 18, 2023 1:39 PM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
Little slimey had a nice squirt on that tree. He seemed to be able to help Rae defeat that weird tree.
Didn't care so much for the last few episodes. Why does these thing have to turn dramatic. There were some very fun few first episodes but then it went downhill. But it did have many funny last minutes.
AzuchiDec 18, 2023 1:44 PM
Today, I may be a weak little bug that gets tossed in the wind,
washed away by the currents, and drowns, but tomorrow,
I may become the butterfly that spreads its colossal wings and flies the open skies!

~ Oe Kintaro
Dec 18, 2023 2:19 PM

Sep 2018
gyanburubii said:
I'm starting to be a bit bothered by how nonchalantly the characters react to Rae's absurd knowledge and preparedness for the most part. She's supposed to be a commoner yet she knows about a poison developed in the neighboring kingdom and how to neutralize it...? My first instinct would be to find her sus as hell.
Manaria answered my prayers – we got someone with braincells on the cast at the last minute!! It's always such a missed opportunity when stories don't utilize reincarnation in character dynamics.
Dec 18, 2023 2:20 PM

Jul 2014
Very satisfying season finale, glad it had a happy ending.
Dec 18, 2023 2:22 PM
Aug 2022
Ahhhh I feel dead inside knowing there’s basically no chance this will get a second season. But screw that I’m picking up the light novel when I can.

This has become easily one of my favourite romance stories ever. It’s so good and well done imo and Rae’s become one of my favourite mc’s I’ve seen in a long time and her dynamic with Claire is adorable.

I love that they teased Rae and Claire’s kids, I know from one of the light novel covers they have kids and I was surprised to see that teased.

The ending also really peaked my curiosity as it looked like Claire was gonna get executed.

If this gets a season 2 I might cry but I really doubt it as it’s a part of the cursed genre which never receive second seasons.
Dec 18, 2023 2:28 PM

Jul 2016
Manaria: *"helps" Rae get closer to Claire via monopolizing Claire and practically claiming her as hers after nearly killing Rae in a magic duel*
Rae: *gets sad and decides to leave Claire with the person she clearly looks happier with*
Manaria: :surprised pikachu face:

Man, this last arc was so goddamn awful. Rae continuously getting triggered by Manaria as if she hasn't completed the game numerous times was so exhausting to watch. I mean, she knows of a SSR+ root that's practically a game-changer yet she never could decipher Manaria's intentions? Come on...
Also Manaria's reasoning for Rae to fight for Claire was simply stupid. "I bottled up my lesbian feelings once and ended up sexually assaulting my maid because that's what happens when you don't confess to another girl. So that's why I'm "helping" you." *big sigh*

And let's not forget Rae's nonsensical monologue about breaking her rule of not using her knowledge of the game on her favor... yeah, as if she hasn't already used same knowledge to apparently blackmail Claire's father and get the chance to become Claire's personal maid alongside with the rights to dress/undress her and bathing with her. Sure.

Overall, another disappointment for the year in terms yuri titles. First three episodes were decent enough but everything went progressively downhill as more episodes went by. And let's better not talk about Lene and Manaria's respective arcs.
And also there is the thing with Episode 3 explicitly stating Claire's heterosexuality and the narrative denoting an intention of toning down Rae's borderline creepy advances towards a straight person who clearly looked uncomfortable. Well... nothing of that mattered in the following episodes given Claire practically forgot about her slight homophobia and was only three sweet words away of asking Manaria to deflower her. As for Rae, she kept going with the same behaviour as if Claire's discomfort in Ep.3 never existed.

3/10 - Such a shame. This year we got more yuri titles than usual and despite everything, all of them ended up being shit.

EDIT: Lol! And what about Thane? Totally forgot about that storyline regarding Claire's crush that was relevant for only 2-3 episodes.
SouthRzVaDec 18, 2023 2:56 PM
Dec 18, 2023 3:07 PM

Apr 2013
For those who think Manaria wasn't needed, this ep proves how untrue that is. Sure Claire was already in love, but she needed a push given her status as a nobl;e and as a Tsundere but the one who TRULY needed the push, was Rae herself. This ep has it spelled out clearly given how Manaria calls Rae out on her running away and not wanting to get hurt, which even rae in her head admits she's right on that. Sure enough Manaria was playing the role of the villain to get the two together. I did NOT however see, the plot twist coming that Manaria was after Rae XD Oh how the tables have turned. Whats interesting is, I can't be sure that was even true or just another ploy to get Claire to open up and sure enough it worked if so. The only off thing I feel this Manaria arc had here was... ep 3 I think it was where Claire and co talk about gay people and relationships so knowing that Claire had a crush on Manaria (or infatuation, but she wasn't shying away from Manaria's lips in this last ep...) really contradicts that whole conversation and Claire's character. That aside the anime and story was great and well handled and the art and animation was great and way better than I've seen some make it out to be. Funny because I recall some complaining about the angle of a scene in a classroom and nitpicking the animation and being worried over NOTHING (And said angle I think was even fixed when the anime actually aired as I don't recall seeing it)

Amazing series, one of my favs and I am going to miss this anime and we NEED a 2nd season NOW!

Oh and, could the two who SPOILED a certain cameo put that in spoiler tags please, yeesh, spoiled the whole thing for a lot of us.
Dec 18, 2023 3:21 PM

Jun 2007
I understand what Manaria was doing, but still... If I were Rae, when she said she's really into me and hugged me I would've hauled off and punched that bitch in the face as hard as I could, lol
Dec 18, 2023 3:50 PM
Oct 2014
IzanaSolos said:

we had the one in winter 2023 the isekai where she also remember her past memories when she was reincarnated
Dec 18, 2023 3:51 PM
Oct 2014
JustCallMyName said:
Yo this is the best cameo ever they put Rae and Claire children May and Aleah ^_^

Omfg that's so adorable I didn't even see that!
Dec 18, 2023 3:52 PM
Oct 2014
I just need to know of there's enough material for a 2nd season, this anime was so good being a bias towards Yuri animes this was another amazing Yuri, the last one we had was winter 2023 I can't remember the name tho , I'd probably rate it a 8.5/10 so ima just bump it to a 9 why tf not
Dec 18, 2023 4:01 PM
Oct 2022
I LOVED This hoping for a season 2, is there more material after this light novel/manga readers
Dec 18, 2023 4:13 PM

May 2019
This ended up being a decent watch and Manaria was pushing Rae as I thought she was but I did not expect Manaria to say she was going after Rae and not Claire. The rest of the storyline was ok but I didn't think there was much actual yuri (did any of them kiss?)

Anyway, the animation was fine and the character designs were pretty good, especially Claire's. But as I said the storyline was just ok, and while Claire does care about Rae I didn't get the feeling that she likes her the same way Rae does but maybe that's because of her tsundereness.

6/10

Dec 18, 2023 4:14 PM

Dec 2013
It is a blessing when there is substantial girl's love in the show instead of just implying it as much as possible but without outright confirming it.

The only complain I have about this show is that it had the misfortune of airing alongside so many great shows that I love this season so they stole their spotlight of this one for me, but it was great, yuri, lovely char designs, a complex world, some drama and a happy ending, I'm going to miss the OP and ED, those were so good and fun, one of my favorites this season.
Dec 18, 2023 4:27 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Things didn’t stay gloomy for long thankfully after Manaria brought the flames back that she herself extinguished lol, it was cool hearing her backstory too although it was an upsetting one. And I wasn’t sure how Rae planned on winning the competition without that flower, and then she showed up with a stick lol, I was thinking maybe it was the power of love that mattered over what the item was but no, the stick became a whole ass tree and won by default lol, now that’s how you win your girlfriend back, and the two of them definitely seem closer than before. And as expected, Manaria isn’t actually a villain but was actually helping out in her own way, but she played the villain quite well, and she succeeded in her goal too no matter how bumpy the road getting there was lol. And even if Claire didn’t give a direct answer still, now everyone openly ships her with Rae and she’s much less resistant to Rae than before, so I say that’s a good ending for now.

And this is unfortunately the end of another Otome game/villainess/fantasy romance anime, and this was a damn good one, I personally liked this one more than last season’s “Last Boss Queen”, I knew that at the beginning and it thankfully kept me won over till the end lol. Of course I did get a bit annoyed with Rae at times but it was overall a good yuri anime, her and Claire are definitely a nice couple that I would love to see develop into something more (although I do think Rae could have done more to gain her affection), the journey to getting as far as we did was a good time after all. And despite not being the love interests, I did really like the princes, they worked well as supporting characters for the main yuri couple, even with one of them having the attention of Claire for a good chunk of the show.

And I can’t end this review without mentioning the absolute bops that are the OP and ED, every episode felt like a dance party thanks to those lol, very fitting for the show too. And now I await the next Otome game/villainess anime to come around, and also hope for this one to get another season, I’d definitely like to see that.
TheColonel76Dec 18, 2023 4:39 PM
Dec 18, 2023 4:49 PM
Feb 2019
AMAZING UHBDUHESBK XWJ K
Dec 18, 2023 4:50 PM

Dec 2017
Reply to Marinate1016
“Regardless of whether the scales of love and God acknowledge me, I still love you. I will continue to love you all my life. Would you accept me not as your maid, but as your partner?”

Oh my goodness this finale was immaculate, sublime, perfection. No beating around the bush or indirect teasing, just peak yuri in the truest sense. Announce season 2 now!!!

Where to start..

Holy shit I wasn’t expecting Manaria to have raped her own maid. That whole conversation with Rae took a surprisingly dark turn. I thought she was going to say that she didn’t confess and the person left the castle, but to have let your desires become that twisted.. wow. Definitely gave Rae the motivation she needed to participate in scale weighing ceremony.

I feel like the ceremony itself ended up being a metaphor for Rae and Manaria’s competition for Claire. Manaria presents this super rare flower that seemingly is the best possible item to bring. Rae brings an unheard of seemingly plain stick that once placed on the scale just blooms into a massive tree that dwarves Manaria’s offering. It’s really symbolic of Rae as a person. She came out of nowhere, a regular commoner with seemingly nothing special about her, ends up having immense magical prowess and wins over Claire’s heart, showing that her feelings are bigger than anyone else’s for Claire. Nice touch there from the author.

“Rae belongs to me you can’t take my things from me” not only was this cute as hell, but it’s also the biggest rebuke Claire’s ever given to Manaria. Growing up, she’d do anything Manaria said without question. But her feelings for Rae are so strong at this point that she’s willing to defy someone she’s looked up to and idolised her whole life.

“Rae’s the one who’ll be the bride” 😩 yea Rae’s got Claire wrapped around her finger at this point. No going back now. Not bad for a commoner 😂

Seems like Manaria has an inkling that Rae isn’t just some regular commoner after all.. no one else knew about that tree branch or how to cure the poison.. definitely should be ringing some bells but no one else seems to be picking up on it. I wonder how long she’ll be able to keep her being isekai’d to herself. Especially if she wants to prevent the bad end for Claire..

And that ending scene is so cute! Before Claire could just brush off when Rae says cute stuff, not anymore. She’s fully in love at this point even if she won’t admit it out loud yet. Villainess love route acquired ☑️

I will miss this show so much, peak yuri. Onto the LN.

Edit; They saying it wasn’t rape and that the maid leaving right after they got involved was a coincidence. Didn’t seem that way to me but if that’s your interpretation, cool I’m not getting in a debate over it 👍 way more to talk about in this ep
@Marinate1016 About the edit, that’s with future knowledge from LN4. Manaria talks definitively about it because that’s the way she interprets it

Why don’t we become monsters and really mess up this awful world? Just destroy until there’s no more evil, no more sadness, no more anything…
Wouldn’t that be great?

Dec 18, 2023 4:53 PM

Feb 2019
KilledbyCuriosty said:
@Marinate1016 About the edit, that’s with future knowledge from LN4. Manaria talks definitively about it because that’s the way she interprets it

That’s what I thought. Some mf on r/anime was trying to argue me down about this I’m like ok dude it’s not that deep. The way the anime leaves it is certainly ambiguous
Dec 18, 2023 5:21 PM
Dec 2023
its peak, no other notes
Dec 18, 2023 5:35 PM
Nov 2022
Very good season finale, I really hope it has a second, it would be a shame if it doesn't.

I liked that in the end Claire accepted Rae's feelings, at the same time that they lead to a "bad ending" that they will have to avoid, (very similar to that of Tearmoon empire).

Long live free love! xd
Dec 18, 2023 5:57 PM
May 2022
It was pretty decent. Although I far prefer the comedy stuff over the love triangle drama near the end. Would watch a season 2 if it were made. Also one of the better “otome isekai” out there. 7/10
Dec 18, 2023 6:43 PM

Nov 2021
really solid yuri anime, i was thoroughly entertained by each episode and liked most of the writing decisions, rae felt like a complex character. i hope there is a season 2 so there can be more romance
Dec 18, 2023 6:56 PM

Sep 2021
The show threw logic out the window again, but the ending was funny.

Regarding the final review, I must say that the one thing I'll certainly remember this for is inconsistency! In a nutshell, it's this:

Comedy / Everything up to EP 7: 9/10
Politics / Morality / Ep 8 & 9: 1/10
Love Triangle Drama / Ep 10-12: 4/10

To write it out a bit: The comedy was brilliant. I loved the chemistry between Rae and Claire, the princes turning into shippers, unlocking the secret Yuri route, ect. And I still wish this anime had never ever attempted anything else.
The politics and morality of the show were awful. On one hand homosexuality is forbidden, yet it's no problem to propose and kiss on a major historic event. They say it's a meritocracy, yet banish an entire company for the mistake of two members. Nothing made sense here. And then there's the whole "Incest = Homosexuality" drama, but I won't go into that again.
The Drama itself was ok. Manaria was a great introduciton and had she been in a show like Yuri is my Job!, she would've been a shining hero of the season. Same if she had been her comedic self in this season before everything went downhill. Unfortunately, it was all rushed, melodramatic and didn't fit the story.

I also blame the production for not simply skipping that awful Aurosseau Betrayal Arc and sending Lene off with a diffrent excuse. If they hadn't tried to squish this irredemable piece of fiction into 2 episodes, there would've been enough time to properly flesh out the Love Scales Drama. Yet another addition to the "Why I dislike LN adaptations" list.

In the end I still love the comedy and would recommend everyone to watch this 'til EP 7. Then drop it and pretend it's finished. But I really can't forgive it for the awful shifts, the pacing, the incest and all the other issues mentioned above. So even though statistically the largest portion of the content is 9/10, I can't give a show with such gigantic issues a decent rating.

4/10 is my compromise here.

And with seemingly more serious stories on the horizon, I'll confidently say this doesn't have to be the Yuri to break the curse and get another season - I probably wouldn't even watch it.
Dec 18, 2023 7:03 PM

Feb 2011
Cute show, expected it to end with a happily ever after ish ending, but got that weird tidbit of claire getting executed.

Neato. I'd watch a season 2. I love Rae's antics, and Claire's reactions are cute too.

The eyecatches were nice all season. Both girls are fantastic in their own ways.

A fantastic 7/10

Dec 18, 2023 7:46 PM

Feb 2023
Why do Yuri shows always fumble in the last handful of episodes. Sakura Trick did the same thing. They introduce a character you hate in the last three episodes and ruin all of the romantic buildup of the entire season. ALSO, Manaria is a f*cking r^pist, so I hate that they tried to make her a sympathetic character. Other than that, overall a very enjoyable show, but it falls victim to the classic Yuri Fumble as I am now calling it. 8/10
Dec 18, 2023 7:58 PM

Feb 2023
Reply to SouthRzVa
Manaria: *"helps" Rae get closer to Claire via monopolizing Claire and practically claiming her as hers after nearly killing Rae in a magic duel*
Rae: *gets sad and decides to leave Claire with the person she clearly looks happier with*
Manaria: :surprised pikachu face:

Man, this last arc was so goddamn awful. Rae continuously getting triggered by Manaria as if she hasn't completed the game numerous times was so exhausting to watch. I mean, she knows of a SSR+ root that's practically a game-changer yet she never could decipher Manaria's intentions? Come on...
Also Manaria's reasoning for Rae to fight for Claire was simply stupid. "I bottled up my lesbian feelings once and ended up sexually assaulting my maid because that's what happens when you don't confess to another girl. So that's why I'm "helping" you." *big sigh*

And let's not forget Rae's nonsensical monologue about breaking her rule of not using her knowledge of the game on her favor... yeah, as if she hasn't already used same knowledge to apparently blackmail Claire's father and get the chance to become Claire's personal maid alongside with the rights to dress/undress her and bathing with her. Sure.

Overall, another disappointment for the year in terms yuri titles. First three episodes were decent enough but everything went progressively downhill as more episodes went by. And let's better not talk about Lene and Manaria's respective arcs.
And also there is the thing with Episode 3 explicitly stating Claire's heterosexuality and the narrative denoting an intention of toning down Rae's borderline creepy advances towards a straight person who clearly looked uncomfortable. Well... nothing of that mattered in the following episodes given Claire practically forgot about her slight homophobia and was only three sweet words away of asking Manaria to deflower her. As for Rae, she kept going with the same behaviour as if Claire's discomfort in Ep.3 never existed.

3/10 - Such a shame. This year we got more yuri titles than usual and despite everything, all of them ended up being shit.

EDIT: Lol! And what about Thane? Totally forgot about that storyline regarding Claire's crush that was relevant for only 2-3 episodes.
@SouthRzVa Exactly!!! Claire practically wet herself every time Manaria even looks in her general direction. Rae got fed up with the BS. Manaria doesn't get to act like she was "helping." Also, I kinda think that her admitting to being a r^pist discredits every word that comes out of her mouth going forward.
Dec 18, 2023 8:05 PM

Feb 2023
Reply to Phantom_373
Ahhhh I feel dead inside knowing there’s basically no chance this will get a second season. But screw that I’m picking up the light novel when I can.

This has become easily one of my favourite romance stories ever. It’s so good and well done imo and Rae’s become one of my favourite mc’s I’ve seen in a long time and her dynamic with Claire is adorable.

I love that they teased Rae and Claire’s kids, I know from one of the light novel covers they have kids and I was surprised to see that teased.

The ending also really peaked my curiosity as it looked like Claire was gonna get executed.

If this gets a season 2 I might cry but I really doubt it as it’s a part of the cursed genre which never receive second seasons.
@Phantom_373 Manaria definitely diminished my enjoyment of the show. It was shaping up to be one of my favorite Yuri animes of all time, but they snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. Dropped to 8/10. Magical Revolution didn't lose the title for reigning yuri champ IMO.
Dec 18, 2023 8:12 PM
Aug 2022
BlueBullet178 said:
@Phantom_373 Manaria definitely diminished my enjoyment of the show. It was shaping up to be one of my favorite Yuri animes of all time, but they snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. Dropped to 8/10. Magical Revolution didn't lose the title for reigning yuri champ IMO.

Yeah I do agree Manaria was quite annoying but she was definitely made to be that kind of character on purpose. But Icl I actually did kind of like her in the end she’s definitely messed up but she gave Rae the push she needed to properly purse Claire.

But regardless Rae and Claire’s dynamic was the highlight of the show for me, they work so well together, this is definitely a top 3 yuri for me.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Watashi no Oshi wa Akuyaku Reijou. Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Oct 16, 2023

142 by foofighterz »»
May 20, 7:16 PM

Poll: » Watashi no Oshi wa Akuyaku Reijou. Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Nov 13, 2023

68 by Baskarite »»
May 18, 3:33 PM

Poll: » Watashi no Oshi wa Akuyaku Reijou. Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Nov 27, 2023

61 by PureElusion »»
May 1, 9:58 PM

Poll: » Watashi no Oshi wa Akuyaku Reijou. Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Oct 23, 2023

69 by keynutil »»
Apr 18, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Watashi no Oshi wa Akuyaku Reijou. Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AkeZZZ - Oct 30, 2023

67 by AngelTomori »»
Mar 24, 12:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.