Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 18, 2023 5:58 AM

Nov 2011
Well, it looks like Ron decided to take on another mystery case with some connection to his own family.

It's an interesting epsiode considering the case itself allowed Ron to be more open to others. He's still the same Ron we come to know throughout the show though.
Dec 18, 2023 5:58 AM

Dec 2021
Completely slipped my mind about the whole Spitz situation.

Ron takes on the responsibility of searching for the missing family member, a task Spitz had previously requested. In return, Ron agrees to secure the file related to the Bloody Field Trip Case, a mystery close to his heart. With Spitz's condition accepted, the trio—Ron, Spitz, and Toto—heads to Yada Village in the Yamanashi Prefecture, the last known location of Spitz's older brother, a folklorist who mysteriously disappeared.

So, with Ron's office getting more attention, it feels like the show is getting closer to that real Sherlock Holmes vibe. The latest episode was a bit underwhelming, but there's a hint that it could turn into a pretty interesting case. Right now, though, I'm totally lost with all the different possibilities and people involved, none of them too directly. I'm really curious about the whole mystery with the snake god. I mean, they actually saw the snake through the window, so it can't just be some old legend.

Looks like this will be the last case for the season, so fingers crossed they wrap it up with a bang in the next episode.

Dec 18, 2023 10:15 AM

Oct 2017
A two episode case for the end of the season and looks like Ron has already solved it. Looking forward to his deductions in the finale.
Dec 18, 2023 12:47 PM
Aug 2020
it was a good episode
we knew it that that guy was going to die but who did it,the old or the daughter???
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Dec 18, 2023 1:19 PM

Feb 2019
Business picking up for Ron’s detective agency lol.

This week we’ve got the case of Spitz brother, a folklorist who disappeared a while ago. In exchange for information on the training incident Ron agrees to help Spitz. I honestly forgot about this dude’s existence it’s been so long since we saw him.

One of the more tricky cases to solve. Whole village has an eerie feeling. Kinda gives off Higurashi vibes. Luckily this isn’t that type of story so we know it’s highly unlikely to be the actual snake deity. The two suspects that standout to me are Miiya and Muroi. The lack of footprints outside the hut are sus though. Seems like this was a literal inside job.

Ron seems to have everything figured out so it should be a fun conclusion next week. Hopefully they announce another season of this. We haven’t even really started anything with Blue and Moriarty’s people etc etc.
Marinate1016Dec 18, 2023 1:31 PM
Dec 18, 2023 1:46 PM

Apr 2022
that was a freaky image with the snake. toto really nearly lost his head there.
Dec 18, 2023 2:40 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The Spitz brothers dissapear!
In a town, in the middle of the mountains....
... all can happens!!!
Well, the draws in the tatami is a clue!!!
kekeke

first episode, waiting the second for the resolution!!!
Dec 18, 2023 3:10 PM

Oct 2019
I hope this final murder mystery ends up being more satisfactory than the two previous disappointing ones..
Dec 18, 2023 4:06 PM
Oct 2014
Marinate1016 said:
Business picking up for Ron’s detective agency lol.

This week we’ve got the case of Spitz brother, a folklorist who disappeared a while ago. In exchange for information on the training incident Ron agrees to help Spitz. I honestly forgot about this dude’s existence it’s been so long since we saw him.

One of the more tricky cases to solve. Whole village has an eerie feeling. Kinda gives off Higurashi vibes. Luckily this isn’t that type of story so we know it’s highly unlikely to be the actual snake deity. The two suspects that standout to me are Miiya and Muroi. The lack of footprints outside the hut are sus though. Seems like this was a literal inside job.

Ron seems to have everything figured out so it should be a fun conclusion next week. Hopefully they announce another season of this. We haven’t even really started anything with Blue and Moriarty’s people etc etc.

I 100% believe there will be a 2nd season , but when is the fact will the announce it like they have for Shy and MF Ghost right after the season ended or will we have to wait a while for an announcement
Dec 18, 2023 4:32 PM

Mar 2007
There are just way too many suspects, not that I blame them for trying to save their remote village from being flooded by the new dam.

I wonder whether his brother is still alive, or is he the one that "became" the Deity Yadagami-sama?
Dec 18, 2023 5:11 PM

Oct 2009
"Spitz-kun" just cracks me up every time. Ron certainly spruced up his apartment too, he's really motivated now, after that diagnosis of his. Looks like he even has a fellow black sugar enthusiast?? Pfft.
Dec 18, 2023 5:17 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Looks like we’re ending the show on another two parter arc, I definitely prefer that to having two separate stories to end on. And this time around we got ourselves a case of a village that’s very insistent their god is real and a government official who was there to survey the area to build a dam got murdered, was definitely reminded of Higurashi with those aspects lol, that’s not a bad thing either, and I gotta say the stuff regarding the snake is a bit creepy so it has that going for it as well.

And it’s nice having Spitz Fire on the case with Ron and Toto, I was wondering if we’d ever get back to the case regarding his family so it’s good to finally be getting back to it. And I can’t believe it, but it looks like Ron’s black sugar syrup is about to come in clutch for this case, I’m excited to see how they debunk this stuff with the god and find the murderer, I’m not sure who it could be because the whole village is sus imo lol, and it’s gonna be on Christmas which is pretty wild it’s already so close but that’s time for you, a bitch lol.
TheColonel76Dec 18, 2023 5:20 PM
Dec 18, 2023 5:22 PM

Sep 2018
My theory is that the axe guy from the beginning of the episode is the one behind making this specific death seem supernatural: that noise Toto and the others heard when they entered the guest house was similar to the sound of the axe hitting the tree. The snake Toto saw wrapped around the government official the night before his death was likely a reflection, probably made using the black sugar syrup bottle, and the scale marks on the corpse's neck were done by using the trims of the tatami mat. I have no clue how the murder itself was committed though, as the death was stated to be of an unnatural cause... :O

I've got a bit of holes here and there, but I did my best! I'm looking forward to next week's finale and seeing whether my deductions were in any way on par with Ron's genius, haha.
Dec 18, 2023 6:49 PM

Dec 2015
So we have a village where people are just having axes 'slip' out of their hands...

people are trying to stop a guy from building a dam...

and they worship some kind of deity...

All we're missing now is a kid wise above their age and whispering to themselves about what is to come XD.

They had to have set that up so they would see. Perhaps as a warning to not stick their noses into this.

That hut most likely has a secret passageway given the loud sound they heard. If so it must be tough to crack the trick room but it looks like Ron has got it figured out.

On a random note, Spitz kinda missed his chance to become a rapper instead.
Dec 18, 2023 9:14 PM
Sep 2021
So it's time to solve spitz case by finding out the mystery of disappearance of spitz big brother, let's see how will ron solve this case & in turn get the documents of ron's case at the blue to prove his innocence.
Dec 18, 2023 9:59 PM

Mar 2011
That's what I'd call proper character development... Ron finally got some furniture. He really has come far. I'm also very surprised they didn't call this show "The Brown sugar syrup Detective".

I'm glad we get to at least see the case connected to Spitz being solved. I really like him. I've got to admit he surprised me (in a positive way). How come he has more depth than Tototo tho? >.<

I love how everyone just doesn't react to Ron lying next to the victim anymore and they simply accept it. Also can we just appreciate their excuses for Ron being there are getting better and better? Spitz and him share the same hobby... collecting wrapping paper. That's why I love this anime so much! :D

Yes, I remember this case puzzled me a little bit when I read it in the manga. And although I was right about certain aspects I couldn't figure out others. But I think it's a really nice adaptation of this case and I can't wait to see the conclusion. Except I don't want to watch it because it means it will be the last episode. I'm going to miss this anime so badly TT___TT
You're the light shining over The black and gloomy nights
So long I've been waiting To run into your arms
Oh, my only one desire You're the one I need
Through the thousand years ~ Evermore

"Midnight Sun" by AleXa

Dec 18, 2023 11:50 PM

Jul 2017
A request from Spitz Fire, and even more surprisingly coming straight from Ron himself, Toto sure caught himself in a dilemma.

Ron's place is now filled with furniture which looks more like an appropriate office, and Spitz is the first client for them to take on, regarding the Bloody Training case file between BLUE and the police, which the information that they have is incomplete to solve his sleuthing case. But Toto argues that Spitz's family finding case is more important than his top confidential file, which he advertently agrees...to head to Yadamura, Yamanashi. Toto almost having his head intentionally chopped by an axe, and the village is where Spitz's case to find his missing brother begins. But they're caught in a much more sinister issue: the village people against government officials building a dam there, which possibly might reawaken the infamous Yadagami-sama snake god deity. Taking a rest at a nearby inn, and Toto realizing that the giant snake is glaring at them from a distance in the guest hut, it just screams for an investigation.

True as intent, the government official having found dead and being strangled by what looks to be snake scales, Interrogating the mayor's daughter Mii who was making a shrine offering the day before, and the entire village is in an uproar from mass hysteria. Once again, the ethnologist Muroi interrogates the trio again, who now is one step closer to figuring out the different cases which all have the same eerie atmosphere of being wreathed by Yadagami-sama. Taking a step back, nothing seems out of the ordinary, except when they go back to the crime scene again and found Ron's black sugar syrup as the only evidence, which is definitely outside the case's perimeters.

With Spitz's viewing of a white snake, and Ron's black sugar bottle (surprisingly of all things), is the case of the Yadagami-sama murders able to be cracked?
Dec 19, 2023 6:02 AM
Jul 2020
Honestly, this was so interesting when it started. But after 2-3 mini arcs it is getting monotonous. There's absolutely no growth in Ishiki's intelligence as a detective. And apparently, every supporting character is blind to the fact that it is Ron who is deducing everything and just letting it pass on as Ishiki's findings, even though Ishiki makes hopelessly ridiculous and dumb comments throughout the investigation. I mean, this so-called detective doesn't even try to hide his lack of intelligence and there is absolutely zero subtlety in handling the cases. I am just going to wrap this up with season 1 and will never pick it up again.
Dec 19, 2023 7:03 AM

Jan 2019
This is practically a Scooby Doo case. There's probably an underground smuggling operation with tunnels that connect multiple buildings, and whenever someone threatens to reveal it the villagers who are involved kill them and make it look like a supernatural disappearance.

The mayor is likely the ringleader, he calmed the mob down because he already planned to get rid of the surveyor when he was staying in the guest house.

Dec 19, 2023 4:52 PM

May 2019
Hmm, there definitely has to be a secret passageway in the guest house and Ron appears to have found it, something to do with his black sugar syrup that was spilled on one of the mats. As far as who did it? I have no clue but the granddaughter seems suspicious and was bothered by her grandfather allowing the detectives under the waterfall so maybe the secret passageway from the guest house connects to the waterfall.

Lastly, I think Spitz's brother may have found that secret passageway and was therefore killed since he also stayed in the guest house but we'll see next week in the finale.
Dec 26, 2023 9:31 AM

May 2020
Do these three people not going to talk anymore about that bunch who for every reason were looking meta suspicious and intentionally threw an axe over their direction?

It's obvious that mayor and his granddaughter are behind most of the things tho.
Dec 26, 2023 8:42 PM
Dec 2023
really entertaining I had a whole bag of popcorn watching this ep
Dec 26, 2023 11:42 PM

Dec 2018
Spitz fire? Lol, looking at the subtitle, Spitfire reminded me of Spitfire from Air Gear.
Not bad, how the culprit escaped without a trail? The chief and his daughter is suspicious of course~ But hearing Ron asking those believer if their god exist is so unpolite xD

Dec 30, 2023 5:08 AM

Apr 2023
Tatami...Would the trick be something like rearranging them?
Jan 31, 2:13 AM
Dec 2022
Wonder if the living legend is true. So what really happened to Spitz's older brother who went missing all those years ago in the same place?

Next episode is the last of the current season. Hope there is more.
May 1, 7:13 AM

Aug 2019
The villagers and the old man are all suspicious

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kamonohashi Ron no Kindan Suiri Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2023

65 by wyriaw »»
May 14, 10:55 AM

Poll: » Kamonohashi Ron no Kindan Suiri Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2023

38 by Sun_Chan »»
May 1, 7:12 AM

Poll: » Kamonohashi Ron no Kindan Suiri Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2023

54 by Sun_Chan »»
May 1, 12:35 AM

Poll: » Kamonohashi Ron no Kindan Suiri Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2023

70 by Sun_Chan »»
May 1, 12:11 AM

Poll: » Kamonohashi Ron no Kindan Suiri Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2023

38 by Sun_Chan »»
Apr 30, 11:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.