Forum Settings
Forums

'Yozakura-san Chi no Daisakusen' Unveils Main Staff, First Promo, Spring 2024 Premiere

New
Dec 16, 2023 6:33 AM
News Team
Aug 2019
The Jump Super Stage Blue at the Jump Festa 2024 event unveiled the main staff and first promotional video for the Yozakura-san Chi no Daisakusen (Mission: Yozakura Family) television anime on Saturday. The anime is scheduled to premiere in April 2024 on MBS and TBS's 28 affiliated stations.

Staff
Director, Series Composition: Mirai Minato (Masamune-kun no Revenge)
Character Design, Chief Animation Director: Mizuki Takahashi (Uramichi Oniisan, Kizuna no Allele)
Art Director: Eitou Nakahara (Soredemo Ayumu wa Yosetekuru)
Color Design: Manami Yamaguchi (Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry)
Director of Photography: Atsushi Satou (Itai no wa Iya nanode Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu.)
3D Director: Makoto Endou (Tsubasa: Tokyo Revelations)
Editing: Yuuji Kondou (Itai no wa Iya nanode Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. 2)
Sound Director: Tooru Kanegae (Saikin Yatotta Maid ga Ayashii)
Music: Kouji Fujimoto (Tearmoon Teikoku Monogatari: Dantoudai kara Hajimaru, Hime no Tensei Gyakuten Story), Osamu Sasaki (Ragna Crimson)

The anime, produced by SILVER LINK., adapts Hitsuji Gondaira 's action comedy manga, which began in Weekly Shounen Jump in August 2019. Shueisha shipped the 20th volume on November 2.

Shueisha is publishing the manga simultaneously in English on its Manga Plus app and website. Viz Media licensed the manga in English in February 2022. The seventh volume was released on October 17, and the eighth volume is planned to be released on December 19.

PV

Source: Comic Natalie
Hyperion_PSDec 16, 2023 6:33 AM
Dec 16, 2023 6:52 AM

Apr 2012
Am I wishful thinking or does this manga really have that many 00s battle shonen's vibes?
Dec 16, 2023 6:58 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Reply to RobertBobert
Am I wishful thinking or does this manga really have that many 00s battle shonen's vibes?
@RobertBobert

you nearly stole my comment as i was gonna say this reminds of the late 2000s and very early 2010s lol
Dec 16, 2023 7:35 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to EcchiGodMamster
@RobertBobert

you nearly stole my comment as i was gonna say this reminds of the late 2000s and very early 2010s lol
@EcchiGodMamster At some point I even had the idea to check if the author had written something like Reborn in the past, lol. I'm not saying this is a bad thing, I'm just used to modern battle shonens usually trying pretty hard to either be super edgy or portray characters in a more modern style. I don’t even know what to call it, webtoon-like?
Dec 16, 2023 7:53 AM

Sep 2011
Reply to RobertBobert
@RobertBobert I never read it so i dont know the comparison but i see people compare it to hitman reborn alot though Yozakura has far more slice of life and alot of the action early on trends more towards comedy.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 16, 2023 7:59 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to JizzyHitler
@RobertBobert I never read it so i dont know the comparison but i see people compare it to hitman reborn alot though Yozakura has far more slice of life and alot of the action early on trends more towards comedy.
@JizzyHitler If I'm not mistaken, Reborn was also known in the past for the fact that action SoL shonen became a more classic battle version after the time skip. Almost like Medaka Box, but I didn't watch "that" second season. But anyway, even if we take into account that the author of Reborn are more inclined towards the all-male cast (after writing this, I once again had the desire to watch the adaptation of her new manga), I see similarities in the idea of ​​​​an innocent but having balls MC with "anime hair" who opens up the action side in his anime school.
Dec 16, 2023 8:48 AM

Sep 2009
Sorry for the old meme but:

- Mom, I want to watch "Spy x Family"!
- We have "Spy x Family" at home.

"Spy x Family" at home...
Dec 16, 2023 11:08 AM

May 2009
Reply to Nachtwandler_21
Sorry for the old meme but:

- Mom, I want to watch "Spy x Family"!
- We have "Spy x Family" at home.

"Spy x Family" at home...
@Nachtwandler_21 Both are Shuiesha's properties.
Dec 16, 2023 11:35 AM
Aug 2014
is this the new scott pilgrim? defeat her many siscon brothers and sisters to marry her?
Dec 16, 2023 11:50 AM

Sep 2009
Reply to bastek66
@Nachtwandler_21 Both are Shuiesha's properties.
@bastek66 I know, though SxF is mainly published in Jump+ while tyhis one is in Shounen Jump proper if I am not mistaken. It is just that from what I heard about this manga, it explois the similar premise with combo of family life and spy staff but is a generic battle shounen unlike SxF.
Dec 16, 2023 12:33 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to TheSekiryuutei
is this the new scott pilgrim? defeat her many siscon brothers and sisters to marry her?
@TheSekiryuutei No, this is the new Arcane, a romance between a red-haired masculine character and a blue-haired feminine one.
RobertBobertDec 16, 2023 1:23 PM
Dec 16, 2023 6:22 PM
Jan 2016
I read the manga for this a lot of the beginning was slice of life establishing the MCs relationship with his new in laws and random missions then it got to the main plot I hope the anime does it justice because the art is amazing and while it had too many man behind the man twists they were properly set up and the series is legitimately good with a lot of downtime between serious arcs giving a lot of good character interaction
I'd rather die a free man then live under the rules of idiots
Dec 16, 2023 8:34 PM

Sep 2011
Reply to Nachtwandler_21
@bastek66 I know, though SxF is mainly published in Jump+ while tyhis one is in Shounen Jump proper if I am not mistaken. It is just that from what I heard about this manga, it explois the similar premise with combo of family life and spy staff but is a generic battle shounen unlike SxF.
@Nachtwandler_21 even in regards to the spy dynamics the series arent anything alike, spy x family is playing off a cold war setting where everyone is lying to hide their identity whereas Yozakura is more plays into how comically open the entire spy world is once you enter it to the point where theres magazines and social medias for them, imagine john wick's hotel played to a cartoonish extreme. The other big difference that seems similar on the surface is the marriage thing, spy x family is faking it and still do a will they wont they thing with lloid and Yor whereas with Yozakura they actually get marred chapter 1 and treat it for real and that largely makes its incomparable especially as it goes along.

Its gonna get a ton of comparison at first but I imagine its gonna die out pretty quick the longer the show goes on

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

More topics from this board

» 'Ninja Batman tai Yakuza League' Sequel Anime Movie Announced

Hyperion_PS - May 30

4 by Haneken2086 »»
2 hours ago

» Voice Actor Takeo Ootsuka Announces Marriage

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

11 by Memore »»
5 hours ago

» 'Kinnikuman: Kanpeki Chоujin Shiso-hen' Unveils Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - May 28

3 by DafuqBOOM »»
Today, 7:04 AM

» Visual Novel '9' Gets TV Anime

Hyperion_PS - May 29

16 by nachomaxo1 »»
Today, 4:11 AM

» 'Natsume Yuujinchou' TV Anime Gets Seventh Season ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Jun 30, 2023

50 by Royal_Devils1 »»
Yesterday, 4:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.