Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 16, 2023 2:36 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
something something evil something something justice something something

NYANPASU
5700XT

Dec 16, 2023 3:51 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
It's not surprising Itsuki would end up naive like that after such a backstory having dreams and thinking he's blessed just to end up bullied and belittled, now to be obviously scammed by Bitch as well, Naofumi is too kind so of course he's going to take care of him now
Dec 16, 2023 4:40 AM
Mar 2020
Finally done with the cringe Itsuki-Rishia arc. Those two deserve each other to rot in their own private hell of idiocy together. Now we can move on with the overarching plot of the season.
Dec 16, 2023 9:11 AM

Feb 2014
Just like with Ren a little while ago, Itsuki believed in Bitch too much that it made him go astray, which he showed during his fight against Rishia, as well as the many forms he took with the weapon he had. Still, I'm glad that Rishia was able to showcase her growing skills as she made easy work of Itsuki.

The final piece which made Itsuki snap out of his trance was the letter that Bitch left behind, confirming that she's taken all of his prize money and his "companions" with her, while leaving him in debt, which Naofumi was kind enough to cover as well as take in Itsuki at his village. Itsuki does look properly worse for wear, but with Rishia helping him, hopefully it won't be long before he recovers mentally.

Also, we did get an insight of how his own world worked, where powers were a thing and effected how he did during his school life, which looked promising, but came crashing down on him.

I'm satisfied with this episode, although how it dealt with Itsuki after being influenced by Bitch was too similar to how Ren went through earlier felt like a copy and paste approach, which isn't a great thing sometimes. If Bitch ever appears again, hopefully she'll be finally taste the punishment she deserves, but for now, the less she gets mentioned at all, the better! XD
Dec 16, 2023 3:12 PM

Aug 2022
I kinda thought Itsuki was gonna be worse than Ren somehow, and at this point, I feel my hunch was right. Not only was he a prisoner of his own world, where he played hero since childhood, but his curse turned him into an angel and consequently into a fallen angel too, all while brainwashing people into sharing his own idea of "Justice." I loved the fight with Rishia that showed us how much she really grew in her time with the Shield Hero's crew and the delicate romance that's building between her and Itsuki. I have a feeling that dealing with the Spear Hero's curse will be the worst, since he's last in line. Looking forward to the next episode!
Dec 16, 2023 3:24 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Hehe Atla, from the destroyed to destroyer....

She is definitely most interesting character this season

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Dec 16, 2023 3:53 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016

When a hero is blind, happens what should happen!!!
The readhead princess needs a great ..... kekeke
Dec 16, 2023 3:53 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Reply to Rinrinka
Hehe Atla, from the destroyed to destroyer....

Yeah, you are in truth!
kekeke
Dec 16, 2023 5:18 PM
Apr 2015
Reply to IzanaSolos
Itsuki never ceases to amaze me with just how stupid and annoying he can be.

Rishia confronts Itsuki directly, trying to rescue him. However, Itsuki remains indifferent to her pleas, and his distorted sense of justice entangles Naofumi and the children in the conflict. Rejecting Itsuki's skewed notions of justice, Rishia bravely puts her life on the line to confront him.

I can't help but think that this whole Itsuki part could've been its own complete arc, and that's probably why his redemption story feels a bit rushed. It feels like the creators might be prioritizing setting things up for Raphtalia's storyline, but it's a thin excuse for not giving Itsuki's redemption the time it needs.

I've really liked this season for the most part, so it's a bit disappointing that it's wrapping up next week.
@IzanaSolos It's better this way. Itsuki is the least interesting of the heroes for me, a bad character and an awful spoiled brat like many bright kids thinking they're a prodigy become. His backstory trauma as shown in the anime is one of the most pathetic first world problems kind of thing I've seen in a while in anime.
Dec 16, 2023 6:02 PM

Jun 2007
God that hurt to watch. It's not often I fast forward a new episode, something I have never seen yet, but I found myself hitting fast forward several times because the stupid was downright painful. Seeing the flashback of how Rishia was treated by him when they bounced her out, I cannot believe she still pines for that douche. If he wasn't such a putz to the point I can't imagine it happened, I'd expect perhaps he slept with her when she was in his party and gave her a toe curling, back arching explosive good time to warrant that kind of devotion lol.

I also absolutely despise fights in most anime. Why the f* do they need to call out their moves? Dude fires off that shot that rains a ton of arrows down and for her to initiate her defensive move she has to practically read a whole g'damned paragraph of move name. In reality, by the time you can rattle all that crap off, you'd probably already be full of holes hehe. Also why the hell does she just stand there like an idiot while he rants at Naofumi? Nobody calls him out either on his whole "I'm a hero of justice" schtick while simultaneously shooting at a bunch of innocent children. He even acknowledged that they are slaves forced by Naofumi, so he knows they have no agency and cannot refuse his orders yet he still nearly murders them regardless. Real noble.

I can't believe Naofumi was willing to saddle his already strapped domain with Itsuki's debts. To what end?? The Melromarc royal family are responsible for summoning them all, and they so far have supported and hosted the heroes. Well, three at least heh. I'd say they can take on his debts. I'd also be sorely tempted to smack him if he continues this "I'm catatonic" crap more than a day or so. I'd smack Rishia too for good measure, just because I'd be disgusted at her fawning over him :D

Rinrinka said:

Agreed :) She's insanely cute. Raphtalia better keep on her guard, cuz if Atla suddenly grows up like she did, that's gonna be some powerful competition. Well, if Naofumi had any sex drive that is, which he doesn't appear to have lol.
Dec 16, 2023 11:16 PM
Oct 2018
i dont like seeing other romance other than noufumi, beside hes the one that feel the worse and yet they save them. i dont care about "we are with noufumi cus we know hes good" stuff. but i really want to see their dedication toward noufumi than other.
Dec 17, 2023 2:13 AM
Jul 2021
Yaggamy said:
Some notes regarding this episode:

- Itsuki comes from a world where some people have esper powers. His powers allowed him to have an increased accuracy(the scene where he hits the birds with a can).
- The thing Itsuki had on his bow was an item that can trigger the Curse Series activation. Kyo had similar items.
- The drawback of overusing the bow's curse series is that the user is left in an emotionless state, as we can see at the end of the episode.
- Ironically Itsuki had accused Naofumi in S1 of possessing a brainwashing shield. But he himself hypocritically uses a brainwashing bow in s3.
- Itsuki gets his trash personality from getting killed by a garbage truck. The studio chose not to show his death lol.
- Regarding the weapon Rishia used to win the fight:

Mannn, so much interesting stuff. I wonder why they’re rushing through all this? Especially with Rishia’s new weapon. Unless this is all gonna get explored in the next season.
Dec 17, 2023 3:18 AM

Oct 2019
Predictably Bitch used the exact same playbook to manipulate the Bow hero, thus also predictably landing him in Naofumi's lap as well. I wonder where she found that cursed bow add-on..

With such a weak and predictable plot will this anime even get another season? And if it did would it matter?
Dec 17, 2023 4:21 AM

Sep 2014
I thought this episode would steal rishias moment to shine, but she did it!

this was quite nice overall, all the heroes are together now and its time to move on.

you have to give Bitch credit, she managed to make mortal enemies of all the heroes. The balls this women has must be of mithril.

PS: I dont know why but I kinda want to rewatch the show from the start again after this, but S2 beeing terrible stops me from thag
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Dec 17, 2023 6:57 AM
Sep 2021
Itsuki's backstory, his personality and as a character shown was good. So now what will happen next.
Dec 17, 2023 7:03 AM
Feb 2023
This entire season makes me wonder what would the show be like if they just executed Bitch during the trial back in season 1?
Dec 17, 2023 10:06 AM

Nov 2013
Man... Every single one of the heroes have been so revolting. Imagine if Naofumi was such insecure sore loser too. This world would've been F'd long ago.
Dec 17, 2023 3:37 PM

May 2022
I confess that I didn't like Rishia in the beginning. Well... she was in Naofumi's group but was like Itsuke's doggie. Now, I can appreciate her presence in the anime. She had her character development and finally conclued her goal of saving Itsuke.

Talking about Itsuki's past, it appears that he was some kind of "Nerd" in his previous school, but when he went to the "inteligent people" school, he noticed that he wasn't the first in his class.

That final... I think Itsuki's mind is broken now.
Dec 18, 2023 4:05 AM
Senpai

May 2021
They have like 3 brain cells. Always the same struggle with this b...
Was okay, thats it. Story is average.
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Dec 18, 2023 11:11 AM

May 2020
i regret starting this as i now feel obliged to finish it

Dec 18, 2023 2:52 PM

Jun 2015
Reply to Shanto_890
Anyone still watching this Sh**t Show, the downfall of this anime is stripper then mountain slop
@Shanto_890 I know right? I dropped the show after season 1 and out of curiosity i took a glimse at season 3 and im baffled. It's worse than i even imagined. What is wrong with the author? Was he 12 when he wrote it?
Dec 18, 2023 9:30 PM
Apr 2023
I almost down-voted this episode because of Itsuki alone.
So far he was the most annoying cardinal hero so far, and I thought Ren was the worst of them all.
Dec 19, 2023 7:55 AM

Jun 2016
really dumbass yuusha !! yep except tate yuusha they all dumb and stupid !!!
Dec 19, 2023 6:34 PM
Jan 2010
we really had to watch bitch fool every hero and even knowing the previous facts, the next one is still equally fooled, the repeat on the plot really lost me
Dec 19, 2023 7:01 PM

Jan 2013
Another one that got baited by Bitch-sama, it's insane that she tricked all the heroes lmao

Let's see if the last episode will show the Phoenix battle or only next season :/
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Dec 19, 2023 9:27 PM

Feb 2020
these other heroes still lame as fuck.... meh

Dec 20, 2023 10:13 AM

Apr 2021
Am I supposed to feel pity for Itsuki now? I can kind of understand why he was so deceptable to her manipulation, but I already said the same thing when the bitch manipulated Ren and even then I was too stupid to believe. Really embarassing stuff.

Also showing the first flashbacks to Itsukis life before getting isekai'ed in Season 3 is just to little to late to care.
Also Also, before getting re-introduced to Itsuki, we haven't seen bitch this whole season. She couldn't be less of an character if she tried.

Dec 20, 2023 1:27 PM
Jan 2023
Ayyyyyyy! Now this is what I like to see, this is the shield hero I came for. That was an awesome fight between the bow hero and Rishia there, and now she really did save him.

Can't wait to see how they finish off this season, next episode is the last one, I just hope it's good. They're probably gonna start something awesome and then not finish it until the next season (if there is one).
Dec 21, 2023 12:44 AM

Aug 2020
This show has had such a downfall from the first season. There is no real development for the characters and the plot armor is so stUpid.

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Dec 21, 2023 10:14 AM
Mar 2023
cant wait for the next episode
Dec 22, 2023 6:57 AM

May 2021
I swear the word "justice" started giving me a headache at some point.

Dec 22, 2023 4:04 PM
Jul 2022
Pretty good episode
Dec 24, 2023 6:04 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
I have no idea why they do keep falling for her obvious traps.
Dec 24, 2023 9:10 AM
Apr 2018
Rishia is a bit*ch, along with Itsuki. These two bit*ches are really intolerable.

It would be otherwise, if only Rishia get Itsuki out of her head. All her talk is about "Itsuki-sam
....". Bit*ch!!!
Dec 25, 2023 8:25 PM

Jul 2014
Man, this episode. On one hand, Itsuki being an insufferable jerk who won't shut up and on the other, Rishia. I don't hate her, but it annoys me that her character just revolves around Itsuki argh.

Also, it seems that in Itsuki's old world there were some kind of powers huh.
Dec 28, 2023 4:32 AM

Jan 2011
Well that was a bit quick but glad we are done with, "The other Heroes suck but Naofumi is so fucking awesome!" Now we can get on to the actual story without the series having to rely on that.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Dec 29, 2023 12:47 PM
Dec 2014
The Bow Hero sucks so hard lmao
Jan 5, 9:03 PM
Jan 2021
Jesus it’s crazy how twisted Itsuki’s idea of justice is. Apparently mind controlling people is completely fine by his book. And just like with Ren, Naofumi didn’t have to be the one to take care of things.

It was honestly annoying how Itsuki somehow twisted everything Naofumi did to being bad. Taking the children in and giving them a happy home, healing Fohl’s sickly sister Atla, and protecting them from HIS attack. Bro how is he trying to claim that Naofumi is using the children as shields when he literally protected them against HIS OWN DAMN ATTACK?! Jesus christ. Back in Season 1 I didn’t mind Itsuki too much. He was incompetent and a dunce, but Motoyasu was the worst. Now Itsuki is by far the worst and Ren is back to being the most rational of those three.

Now that all of them are together, will the Four Cardinal Heroes be able to prepare for the Phoenix? Also why is it that Naofumi is saying Witch instead of Bitch while Ren keeps himself uncensored?! I find that strange.
Jan 7, 7:20 PM
Jan 2017
I liked this episode. More specifically, I liked the tone of this episode.

The idea of everyone having their own form of justice is certainly interesting, but the episode doesn't do that much with that idea beyond setting up a fight between Rishia and Itsuki. Also, the Legendary Bow can power up other characters because... uh, the plot demands it.

I can appreciate the show's attempt to develop Itsuki but he needs more than just a sappy backstory and daddy issues to be likeable. The episode just didn't give him enough time to grow and I don't know if the season finale can fix that. None of the other Heroes have received anything resembling good character development. It's just that the plot needs to put them al on the same side before the confrontation with the next Guardian Beast.

Season 3 of Rising of the Shield Hero has been an uneven experience. It had some interesting set-ups but the pay-offs left a lot to be desired.
Jan 7, 9:41 PM
Jul 2017
My favorite part of this episode was when Rishia whoops Itsuki's ass. He never stood a chance. She got way stronger than him.
Jan 13, 12:09 AM

Jan 2019
Such a shit episode.

Shit bow hero and his shit side-kick. Even his stupid backstory was lame as fuck.

Dear lord they're really out of ideas for this show.
Jan 15, 1:40 AM

Dec 2020
Itsuki is even stupider than ren lol basically just throwing a pity party cause he didn't get his way.

And yet again beaten by someone else other than naofumi. How weak are they lol

Naofumis village is basically just a rehab center at this point lmao
Feb 1, 9:55 PM

Feb 2021
That Bow Hero just realized the reality and didn't depend on that evil amulet again...
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Feb 4, 9:54 PM

Jul 2008
Bow is a spoiled naive brat.

Now can we go kill Bitch now?!?!?!
Apr 14, 12:44 PM
Oct 2017
Its nice to know these three idiots are learning things the hard way. Did they seriously forget about bitch's crimes? lol

Motoyasu - The Filo loving incel
Itsuki - The self righteous bastard with a hero complex
Ren - The...uh...actually he's alright. Good for him. Now kill that red haired bitch!
Apr 28, 4:25 AM

Apr 2013
Wow, he just copypasted the story from a few episodes ago and called it a day... peak writing.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» If this anime ended at Season 1 it would have been a satisfying ending

Remocracy - Dec 15, 2023

28 by Zedlin »»
Yesterday, 9:47 AM

» Okay I know she came back but Bitch is just not a good character or villian!

MasterHavik - Oct 27, 2023

28 by Gator »»
Apr 28, 5:04 AM

» About bad story

yesvirgi - Dec 26, 2023

21 by Gator »»
Apr 28, 5:02 AM

» Too Many Characters

Stink_Bug - Dec 23, 2023

10 by Gator »»
Apr 28, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Season 3 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2023

155 by Gator »»
Apr 28, 4:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.