Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 11, 2023 5:58 AM

Nov 2011
Well, we got a complicated case this episode.

However, I think the main highlight is seeing characters like Amamiya and Omito back again. The latter especially shows his competitive nature more than ever with this case. It definitely brings in some entertaining drama imo.
Dec 11, 2023 5:58 AM

Dec 2021
Glad to see Mofu wasn't a one episode character. I love her so much.

On a business trip to Aichi mandated by Amamiya, Toto reunites with Omito after an extended period. Omito, grappling with a slump since the departure of his subordinate Yamane, has seen a decline in his once-sharp insights. While currently probing a street crime case attributed to the elusive "Mad Chameleon" who undergoes seven transformations, a fresh case unfolds right before Toto and Omito.

It was honestly hilarious to see Omito's clumsy side. I'm really looking forward to the series finally diving into the main plot. It's great that Ron and Toto were there to help Omito get back on track. That trick Ron pulled off was both funny and cute. Even though this case isn't the absolute best, it's definitely not the worst either.

I'm curious about how they might ease Ron's symptoms. Maybe BLUE will accept him back to doing detective work?

Dec 11, 2023 7:58 AM
Sep 2021
Another case swiftly solved with the guidance of ron & also he is also trying to find the cure for his disease of killing people.
Dec 11, 2023 8:11 AM
Aug 2020
it was a good episode

it was easy but not that easy to find the culprit...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Dec 11, 2023 8:29 AM

Jan 2013
Was expecting this to be a case of multiple people of different sizes wearing the same clothes. Oh well.
REJECT ANIMU - EMBRACE TOKU
Dec 11, 2023 8:59 AM

Oct 2017
Mofu sensei kawaii. Another one episode case and Ron's issue might get better if things go well. Let's hope it does.
Dec 11, 2023 9:19 AM

Oct 2009
The food alone had more effort to it than some entire series. Toto's face when Ron showed up at the shop was just perfect. The ending was weird and abrupt though.
yellowheartrenDec 11, 2023 9:23 AM
Dec 11, 2023 10:27 AM

Jan 2019
I can't believe it took me this long to realise Ron's black sugar syrup addiction is a reference to Holmes' cocaine addiction.

Dec 11, 2023 1:42 PM

Feb 2019
Good to see eagle eye is back! I really want them to get back to the main storyline with Ron though. Opening of the episode let us know that his ability isn’t something inborn.. so what is it? And who can help with it? Hopefully the last two episodes are Ron/Blue focused
Marinate1016Dec 11, 2023 1:50 PM
Dec 11, 2023 3:10 PM

Sep 2018
Eh, this show kind of fell off for me personally. The writing really is underwhelming in this one.
Dec 11, 2023 3:37 PM
Aug 2022
Happy to see Mofu again even if it was just a brief appearance
Dec 11, 2023 4:18 PM

May 2019
It was nice to see characters from previous episodes including Mofu and "Eagle Eye" Kawasemi and even though this episode was solved by waiting for the perpetrator to retrieve the smartphone it was still an enjoyable watch. Although I also would like to see more of the main storyline regarding BLUE and Ron's relatives.
Dec 11, 2023 4:56 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
I’m glad we got an episode focused on Kawasemi again, although this time around he’s lost his mojo after what happened to his assistant. And the case he was dealing with was a tricky one, of course Ron realized the scam thing quickly but that’s something I don’t think I would have been able to figure out without more snooping, like yeah the suits are a common factor but going from that to realizing they’re all scammers is a bit of a leap imo.

Thankfully tho, with Ron’s support Kawasemi was able to get his eagle eye skill back and he quickly found out who the culprit was, hiding the phone on a mannequin was smart thinking but not smart enough apparently lol. And after all that went down, it was revealed Ron might be going for treatment on his weird power that makes people die, that seems like the right idea but I’m not sure if that’s exactly what needs to happen, guess we’ll find out next time.
Dec 11, 2023 5:21 PM

Apr 2022
mofu is still around. ron's dressing was goofy as hell, all those price tags.
Dec 11, 2023 6:29 PM

Dec 2015
Darn. Thought it'd be more than one person. Like a "I am not the Mad Chameleon... We are the Mad Chameleon".

I'm kind of glad that Kawasemi and Ron have someone that has made an impact on them.

Kawasemi didn't even nitpick as much as I thought he would when Isshiki saw him. Loved the Kimyou pun and Ron provoking him to make a comeback.

Happy to see Mofu was able to help Ron out a bit but that look he has on his face in the final scene doesn't seem to bode well for what is to come.
hai_X_isDec 11, 2023 6:33 PM
Dec 11, 2023 8:01 PM

Mar 2007
This episode is How Ron helped Tweezer Guy get his groove back.

Got to admit the cellphone being held by the mannequin was funny.
Dec 11, 2023 10:40 PM

Mar 2013
Nice! It's the comeback of someone epic.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Dec 12, 2023 8:09 AM
May 2020
great episode and mystery. lovely to see a callback to a character from a previous episode, making the anime feel less disjointed and more connected
Dec 12, 2023 8:31 AM
May 2021
Eagle Eye is back in form lol
Dec 12, 2023 7:27 PM

Jul 2017
Toto being sent to Aichi with Eagle Eye Kawasemi, with Ron tagging along as relief, he does feel at least somewhat indebted to people like Grizzly. While Ron goes to handle his own business, Toto is on his own, but it doesn't take long to find him out hanging out with fellow detectives, and at least he could tell that Toto was sent for Amamiya to see how far he'd fallen since Yamane's incidient. But a notice to be warned about this Mad Chameleon, the culprit sure is the exact case of a chameleon, and they just so happened to stumble onto the culprit making a getaway from the crime scene. Instead, Kawasemi gets blinded by his own eagle eyes, and Ron just so happened to know what's going on to crack the case.

For Kawasemi, it's no use relying on his power, and the potential culprits were left free, with Ron coming in being his weird self to do his usual sleuthing, which this case smells of a big rat, an impersonation scam. Other than Ron trying to gauge Kawasemi back to his usual eagle-eyeing trait, once his vision becomes clear, it's just as easy to catch the Mad Chameleon, clear cut and simple.

Ron's business with Mofu inspecting his disease of psychologically manipulating his victims to killing themselves, having a cure would be a miracle to both himself and Toto.

See, Kawasemi? You can do it if you try.
Dec 13, 2023 12:06 AM

Oct 2019
Yet another major logic leap... How on Earth was a malfunctioning watch related to the culprit turning toward a dead end? It makes no sense and they stated it as fact, and yet it was the vital "clue" that led to the culprit's arrest.
Dec 14, 2023 10:02 AM

Oct 2021
I like the show a lot, but a minor thing I couldn't quite let go of during this episode is the translation conflict...

I speculate the translators use "Eagle Eye" for the english translation for cultural ease/relevance but (according to the Kamonohashi wiki), Kawasemi's family name means "kingfisher". I kept reading "Eagle Eye" while watching the episode, confused on why they used a blue bird when his skill "reactivated", wondered about the discrepancy, and found the family name explanation looking up his character.

Anyone versed enough in Japanese to comment on what the Japanese audio actually says when they refer to Kawasemi?
Dec 14, 2023 1:24 PM

Dec 2018
I'm glad the weirdo with a proclivity towards detail got better and as always it was good to see ron in action. I hope he gets the help he needs and it works for him. We have two episdoes left but so far it's been a pleasure. Curious though that they couldn't see a manquin holding a phone....
Dec 16, 2023 3:55 AM

Mar 2011
I'm a little late to the party this time...

Yes, right... Dr. Mofu is finally in on Ron's "situation". I'm so glad this is included because I feel like it's an important aspect.

I can't quite put my finger on it but for some reasons I don't like Kawasemi. Still I'm glad Ron could help him out of his slum. I really liked his outfit and how he used it to get him back on track. Also Amamiya was worried about him in her own way (kind of). I'm sure she knew if she send Toto (and I guess she was certain Ron would join too) it would help Kawasemi.

I really like to see that Ron and Toto have become better friends. I still wish Toto wouldn't be such a cardboard character. I feel like this concept would still have worked if he had a more distinguised personality (aside from his shopping spree for souvenirs for his grandma. Which is nice but they are not doing anything with his character and it shows). Even in Holmes and Watson's case I always felt while Watson was still the "normal" and grounded character, he at least had a solid background and contributions. Toto is mostly there and very replaceable. And I think that's the biggest criticism I'd have for this anime. Despite the fact some cases are rather lukewarm. I think Toto's lack of any common sense and abilities as a detective (even if it's part of the story) is just too much.

That being said I still enjoy it very much and I'm very sad it will end soon TT___TT
You're the light shining over The black and gloomy nights
So long I've been waiting To run into your arms
Oh, my only one desire You're the one I need
Through the thousand years ~ Evermore

"Midnight Sun" by AleXa

Dec 16, 2023 4:49 AM

Apr 2023
Well...the watch thing and lying thing are really predictable
Dec 18, 2023 10:34 AM

May 2020
Got no idea whatsoever how this Isshiki thing managed to land a place in whatever top division they work in. He's embarrassingly incapable without Ron.

Also they really need to stop showing conveniences or more like "supposed to be a deal-breaker"... wATcH mAlFUnCtiOn in this case as something which actually did help in hammering down the mystery, when it just SHOULDN'T, by any means.
Dec 18, 2023 2:21 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Kawashami recover the "view"!
kekeke
Dec 20, 2023 9:29 AM

Dec 2018
No one realize a mannequin holding a phone? -_-
I also thought it might be more culprits... well... yeah... but for them not realize a phone at a mannequin hand is still not logic...

Dec 24, 2023 9:17 PM

Oct 2018
props to whoever was behind drawing the shinkansen, that was spot on
Dec 26, 2023 8:29 PM
Jul 2023
THIS EPISODE GOT ME SPAZZING. Detective Kawasemi's version of Ron's eye thing with the bird flying behind him in full throttle TT! SO COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dec 26, 2023 8:31 PM
Jul 2023
Reply to Nikmomo93
No one realize a mannequin holding a phone? -_-
I also thought it might be more culprits... well... yeah... but for them not realize a phone at a mannequin hand is still not logic...
@Nikmomo93 Because it could be for display. Normal people would think that. Like when mannequins hold bags or sunglasses. If it were me, I'd kind of do the same tbh. The best way to disguise yourself is by showing your bare face!
Jan 7, 1:54 AM

Jan 2017
Ron is so handsome...and Kawasemi as well
Jan 9, 9:23 AM

May 2023
Reply to GakutoDeathGlare
Eh, this show kind of fell off for me personally. The writing really is underwhelming in this one.
@GakutoDeathGlare its a detective show, calm down buddy
Jan 9, 11:54 AM

Sep 2018
Reply to SoulReaper01_
@GakutoDeathGlare its a detective show, calm down buddy
@SoulReaper01_ "Calm down buddy" says the guy responding to a perfectly reasonable post, one month later. Can't make it up lol, "It's a detective show", wow, thanks for that.
Jan 10, 9:01 AM

May 2023
Reply to GakutoDeathGlare
@SoulReaper01_ "Calm down buddy" says the guy responding to a perfectly reasonable post, one month later. Can't make it up lol, "It's a detective show", wow, thanks for that.
@GakutoDeathGlare Weird ass reply but go on
Jan 11, 9:10 AM
Apr 2021
The only case i truly enjoyed, and that's cuz i love how ron managed to bring Eagle eye back from his pit. Also weird how Ron's illness didn't do sth weird again but eh
Jan 15, 4:46 AM

Mar 2015
I loved that ending lol. We got a glimpse of what it would've been like if Kawasemi and Ron teams up. Well we have to settle for Toto, who I take as a comedic relief character tbh.
Jan 30, 2:18 AM
Dec 2022
Kamoo and Toto help out Kawasemi out of his slump. This should be an easy case to solve then.
May 1, 7:12 AM

Aug 2019
Kawasemi needs so well-deserved rest.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kamonohashi Ron no Kindan Suiri Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2023

67 by ThivzRaj »»
May 28, 2:44 AM

Poll: » Kamonohashi Ron no Kindan Suiri Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2023

25 by Sun_Chan »»
May 1, 7:13 AM

Poll: » Kamonohashi Ron no Kindan Suiri Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2023

54 by Sun_Chan »»
May 1, 12:35 AM

Poll: » Kamonohashi Ron no Kindan Suiri Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2023

70 by Sun_Chan »»
May 1, 12:11 AM

Poll: » Kamonohashi Ron no Kindan Suiri Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2023

38 by Sun_Chan »»
Apr 30, 11:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.