Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 9, 2023 6:43 PM
Jul 2020
tooooooooooooooooooo good
Dec 10, 2023 1:12 AM

Feb 2014
The world building that this episode showcased was pretty stacked. The unification of all languages into one as a reward was unexpected, but it was interesting to see how brutal a penalty can be after they only cleared five of the six quests that they were given.

UMA Galaxy was the result of that penalty, which did add stars and galaxies into the sky which never existed before, which makes it look much nicer. However, it did mean that they got an immediate alien invasion, who flexed their powers when Juiz didn't agree to their terms. However, Juiz was able to use her ability to put those invaders in their place with such relative ease.

The more worrying thing now is that 99 penalties have been accumulated so far. When it reaches 101 penalties, Ragnarok will be unleashed, so avoiding that entirely is the best thing Juiz and the other negators of Union can do. Right now, their main goal is to fill the newly vacant eleventh seat, so we'll be heading to Rio de Janeiro in the next episode to find Unrepair. Hopefully he'll join up, although I get the feeling that doing so will prove to be a challenge.
Dec 10, 2023 1:15 AM
Nov 2020
so much was revealed in this episode, excited for the upcoming one
Dec 10, 2023 1:39 AM
Sep 2021
Amazingly cool episode, love the world building, love the power of Juiz (so broken!) & happy that we get a second cour to enjoy it (especially considering the mid season ahead)
Dec 10, 2023 3:39 AM

Sep 2016
Hahaha what a hilarious episode, especially the conclusion that this was the first and last time aliens had contact with earth.
Poor Ayers Rock-chan however.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Dec 10, 2023 3:48 AM
Dec 2020
I'm surprised to see quite a number of animeonlys elsewhere who still haven't realized that this universe doesn't have stars. They mistakenly thought UMA Galaxy created new planets and galaxies that contain alien life...
Dec 10, 2023 6:05 AM
Oct 2017
The Universal Language is now English
なに?

Dec 10, 2023 6:16 AM

Jan 2018
my live reaction on this weeks episode:

truly epic. Rewards and punishments include English becoming the one true language, space, surprise alien invasion and sudden alien demise. I wonder if Shen's expansion stick is now updated to work in english
Dec 10, 2023 8:19 AM

Sep 2017
The fuck is this show? So galaxies didn't exist before now? Where the fuck was the earth? Was there no space? This series is unhinged.
Dec 10, 2023 11:49 AM

Mar 2019
As the great contemporary philosopher Dominic Toretto said: "This is Brazil!"

Dec 10, 2023 12:07 PM

Oct 2020
Wait if there were no galaxies and stuff, how come unluck girl knew what stars were episodes before where painting the image???
処刑課師匠
Dec 10, 2023 1:34 PM

Sep 2014
So the penalty this time was literally the creation of the entire galaxy? And basically we wouldnt even be aware of that? The scope here is certainly insane!
Speaking of insanity, what was that ability?! Juic definitely earned that number 1 spot.

Makes you wonder what the other 98 rules are!

While I do think the novelty of this show has faded already its still interesting!
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Dec 10, 2023 4:47 PM
Oct 2019
All language unified to english, but they still using Japanese lol

The World Building is INSANE!!
Dec 11, 2023 2:35 AM

May 2015
Mindfuck overload.
Dec 11, 2023 4:50 AM
Apr 2021
went back to check
in every other episode the nightsky is comoletly empty, even Geena tells us there is nothing up there except the sun and moon.
the idea of something being generated and simply becaming part of existence is wilddddd
Dec 11, 2023 7:58 AM

Jul 2017
With the Union Negators of the Roundtable all gathered, Apocalypse goes through the quest details and both rewards and penalizes the Negators for their efforts, especially with the failure of Unseen's capture that leads to UMA Galaxy being released, it's an abomination.

With Juiz having Move transport all Union members to Australia, she shows them how it's being done, especially with Galaxy spawning aliens called Acks, and her Unjustice being one hell of an affair. And this being the 99th penalty, only 2 left before Ragnarok is unleashed, and that's the extent of how serious it is.

The next Union member to target: Unrepair, with Fuko and Tatiana. The 11th seat must be fulfilled.
Dec 11, 2023 10:20 PM

May 2019
Since Earth's languages were unified in this universe, it would've been pretty interesting if they switched it to being English dialogue for full immersion. Or you could do that manually once they release the English dub; whatever floats your boat. On the other hand, it's pretty interesting how the concept of the universe is a penalty, especially as we got our first and last alien encounter.

But aside from this, looks like we're setting up for an arc in Rio and a showdown with Unrepair, and at least we have a clear goal in mind for the Negators since they need to fill the eleventh seat and prevent from getting a 100th penalty before Ragnarøk. I honestly didn't have a clear grasp on what the hell was happening in this anime or the laws of this universe, but at least this episode some closure on that front.
Dec 12, 2023 12:35 AM
Aug 2019
I just really love the world building here, it is so unique.
Dec 12, 2023 12:25 PM
Sep 2009
This episode was VERY interesting, ngl. A few episodes ago when it was pointed out there were no stars in the sky i honestly didn't think it would lead to this. Cool.
Dec 12, 2023 12:31 PM

Jul 2022
ngl it was kingda getting boring but now it exciting
Dec 12, 2023 5:36 PM

Jul 2016
Most WTF episode till date. Interesting lore-drop and all that but now I seriously wanna know what those other 98 penalties were.
Dec 13, 2023 3:37 PM
Mar 2019
As the lore deepens, this series gets better and better. Last line of defense is a solid premise.
Dec 13, 2023 8:22 PM
Jan 2023
Time to go find the 11th member!!!
Dec 13, 2023 11:57 PM

Apr 2023
I just started thinking "oh so the next arc would be the fight between Union and aliens" and then Juiz did it in one fell swoop.
Dec 14, 2023 10:51 AM
Apr 2021
Holy fuck JUIZ LOOKS EVEN BETTER ANIMATED😭😭😩😭😭

Her Unjustice is such a cool and the fact that it makes anyone go against what they believe in is so hax + guys this is where the story picks up it’s gonna get better with each passing episode I can’t wait for the *real* plot to be revealed👀🤩🔥🔥🔥
Dec 15, 2023 6:32 PM

Dec 2018
Holy crap Unjustice totally wiped them out (and she is super cute may i add). I feel bad for them but they did say they came for genocide, I wish they came for peace and they could have survived. Dude, I don't like that book at ALL. Although this "penalty" gave them the galaxy, it seems like it has been holding back on a lot. I don't like being kept out of the loop, and so I don't trust this book that apparently has the power to change the universe at all times and places. There is so much more to this than meets the eye and I cannot place any trust in that babbling, floating, bastard.
Dec 15, 2023 6:36 PM

Dec 2018
Reply to deg
so that is how penalties work eh and they only have 2 penalties left before the end of the world eh wtf

i do not understand how juiz unjustice works but maybe its like killing the sense of balance of things she made eye contact with
@deg there's a number of different interpretations. it literally means the fate of the gods but not all norse believe it to be the end of all life, but a transformation. either way, it's impossible to know the fate of the universe up to that point, nor after that. loki will finally get what he deserves and the gods will fall but it doesn't necessarly mean everything is fated to die.
Dec 15, 2023 10:01 PM

Jun 2016
Reply to SouthRzVa
Most WTF episode till date. Interesting lore-drop and all that but now I seriously wanna know what those other 98 penalties were.
@SouthRzVa Just imagine the Chainsaw Devil from Chainsaw Man erasing other devils but in reverse. It actually works for headcanoning the rules that were added.
Dec 17, 2023 4:13 AM

Oct 2019
Just when I thought this story couldn't get wackier.
Ragnarok is the Old Norse term for Apocalypse by the way...
Dec 17, 2023 4:53 AM

Oct 2019
Reply to StateofOhayo
@deg there's a number of different interpretations. it literally means the fate of the gods but not all norse believe it to be the end of all life, but a transformation. either way, it's impossible to know the fate of the universe up to that point, nor after that. loki will finally get what he deserves and the gods will fall but it doesn't necessarly mean everything is fated to die.
@StateofOhayo Ragnarok is the Old Norse variant of a near universal destruction and rebirth / recreation religious myth. Christianity has Apocalypse / Revelation, Islam has the very similar Yawm al-Qiyamah, Judaism has Aḥarit ha-yamim etc Even Tolkien came up with a similar apocalyptic prophecy, the Dagor Dagorath (Battle of all Battles).

In Ragnarok all mortals, gods, giants and monsters will die during a major war except Lif (life) and Lifthrasil (lover of life). Those two will survive due to the protection of Yggdrasil, the World Tree. Their role is to repopulate the world.

This bears a strong resemblance to the ancient Greek flood myth, where Pyrrha and Deucalion (the parents of the infamous Pandora) were the only mortals that survived the global flood.
SharpedonDec 17, 2023 4:57 AM
Dec 23, 2023 10:14 PM
Oct 2019
so that's why there were no stars at lake baikal. very intersting. starting to understand the rules of this world/show better

unrepair captured unseen. now they're going after unrepair

if they fail 2 more times...game over/"ragnarok"
Dec 31, 2023 7:16 AM

May 2015
This episode was really cool. The reality warping nature of the UMAs are definitely to be feared since they caused an alien invasion. Definitely doesn't help that they only have one more penalty/life before it's the apocalypse.
Dec 31, 2023 11:13 AM

Nov 2011
so much of the lore i dont understand, so much no care too
Dec 31, 2023 1:54 PM

Oct 2023
the production on this show continues to amaze me. David Productions is doing such a wonderful job at adapting this shonen manga.
Dec 31, 2023 7:24 PM
Jul 2023
gacor parah coyy berotak cabul pasti suka
Jan 3, 7:59 AM
Jan 2018
Well, that’s quite the interesting take on alien contact…
Jan 4, 10:24 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Finally we learn a bit more about this chaotic planet!!!
kekeke
Jan 15, 8:23 PM
Jan 2019
I don t remeber anything of this next episodes, i didnt remember the aliens either
Jan 15, 10:41 PM
May 2023
Very good episode, so many things to say...for example the unification of languages ??into one, which is English, it's quite funny because I heard it in Japanese sub Spanish and no one started speaking in English hahaha
So Juiz is UnJustice with an interesting ability, literally the world is constantly changing because of these penalties and rewards but if they get 3 or 2 more penalties (I don't know if they have to go over the limit or just reaching it is enough) F world, you have a heavy burden for the members of the Union
PS: I'm curious to know what Ragnarok will be like but first a trip to Rio de Janeiro hahaha
Jan 22, 2:14 AM
Jan 2009
Shouldn't Undead want Ragnarok to happen? It might finally be something he can't revive from.
Feb 10, 8:48 AM
Feb 2022
Why they didn't send a team of members to Unseen, they were too busy? Also how did all of the members managed to gather to help defeat Spoil.
Feb 17, 5:06 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Damn the penality is a f*cking alien invasion ahaha, Justice is epic though, now they absolutely need to find the 11th member otherwise they're all doomed
Feb 23, 4:14 PM
Feb 2020
That book literally pooked out an entire galaxy like it was nothing
Feb 24, 11:14 PM

Jun 2016
Reply to DavidM_27
Why they didn't send a team of members to Unseen, they were too busy? Also how did all of the members managed to gather to help defeat Spoil.
DavidM_27 said:
Why they didn't send a team of members to Unseen.

I was wondering why they said "everyone sent to get unseen died" but nobody from the round table was actually missing. So they sent civilians, huh.
Mar 2, 12:37 PM
Sep 2023
Good add to the worldbuilding
Apr 5, 3:35 AM

Oct 2019
They gave us an idea of how the book worked, but seeing it actually happen was just wow

This is the hook that I was waiting for.

Kind of wish they weren't so close to the end, cause I kinda wanted to see new unknown concepts be added to the world.

At least there could still be some rewards that change everything.

But I feel left out.
Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
May 5, 2:21 AM

Jul 2013
if there was no outer space where the space they live in even was? apparently it's not like the concept of planets existed before this penalty, the middle of nothing it is. Aliens also mentioned humanity didn't go cosmos which is weird, maybe there was a literal lid instead of the sky. Anyway pretty cool but wild and unexplainable
May 5, 8:07 AM

Jan 2014
so, in their world, there's no "galaxy" or "space" up until episode 10?
the earth is just a wandering planet in the void all this time? this is mind blown.

I guess the penalty thing is like a world changing event, take the world to the next stage of evolution, until the world reach "doomsday" stage.
and it only 2 stage left.

also, I was wondering what kind of reward they get if they success in all 6 quest though.

I pretty much understand what negators mean, but I still don't understand about UMA things.
AbyhapeMay 5, 8:15 AM
May 7, 3:03 AM

Apr 2013
I don't get most of their abilities at all, also the world still doesn't seem like it could actually exist. Aliens invade earth and NASA doesn't notice? Yeah right.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Undead Unluck Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 1

66 by satchoff »»
May 16, 3:04 PM

» A revenge on anime parents????

Smrhamedani - Mar 7

4 by Gator »»
May 16, 2:49 AM

Poll: » Best Girl

iiDavion - Mar 1

16 by Gator »»
May 16, 2:47 AM

Poll: » Undead Unluck Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 22

98 by Gator »»
May 16, 2:43 AM

Poll: » Undead Unluck Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 15

65 by Gator »»
May 16, 2:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.