Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Keikenzumi na Kimi to, Keiken Zero na Ore ga, Otsukiai suru Hanashi. Episode 10 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 9, 2023 12:54 AM
Mar 2018
It was pretty obvious that Sekiya was Nicole's ex from the way she looks at him in the OP, plus the other hints throughout.

I'm surprised Runa didn't overcome her retardation within the episode like usual. I guess they'll stretch it out until the finale.

Maria is seeming like a better choice at the moment.
Dec 9, 2023 1:11 AM

Jan 2020
Runa must have had her emotional damage once again, and I think that's due to her overthinking about what happened between Ryuto and Maria (seen in previous episode).

With two episodes left, I hope things will end up well without too much drama though.

Dec 9, 2023 1:19 AM
Feb 2023
RaiYou said:
Runa must have had her emotional damage once again, and I think that's due to her overthinking about what happened between Ryuto and Maria (seen in previous episode).

With two episodes left, I hope things will end up well without too much drama though.

Runa did not listen the ryuto then he try to tell her his feelings and she understand him and everything settle the misunderstanding bw them. they get back in light novel. 2 episode is left so didn't know how they translate light novel because they are still together in light novel.

Hope they get back together in next episode and in last episode they spend time together again and please writer did not stretched their misunderstanding till last episode and ends anime on good note.
ZeusOppDec 9, 2023 1:24 AM
Dec 9, 2023 2:24 AM

Oct 2022
Man poor Runa, not having something that you and your partner share can really complicate things, then add on top of that a person who likes the guy your dating AND has a lot more in common and you start to feel like shit for not having anything to connect to your partner with, that can get very depressing.
Dec 9, 2023 2:53 AM

Feb 2020
Sekiya is one Chad! She waited on him for a couple of years while he fooled around and now he got the girl :)

He was kind of a dick, but at least he grew out of it so it's not the worst case.

As for Runa, I can totally see why she's so insecure. She's shown nothing but insecurity from the get go. She really wants to have that true love, but combined with that recklessness she's also a bit of a perfectionist.
Dec 9, 2023 2:57 AM

Dec 2022
Nicole still the best but she needs to talk some sense into her friend and stop blaming the mc for everything. Hopefully everything gets cleared up next ep but it looks like there will be more drama from the after-credit preview.
Dec 9, 2023 3:17 AM

Nov 2022
Bad move for the jolly fatman... he confessed Akari in the heat of the moment - awful timing (they were not alone) and a shallow declaration. But I believe he still has a small chance if he'll try a more careful approach... she didn't reject him, but the dude was stunned and now he's 100% sure that everything is over. Hope he'll realize Akari's perspective...
Dec 9, 2023 5:59 AM
May 2012
I kind of like how the show is serious about the fact that things can be good and bad and anyone has their flaws, but people do their best with that, so the outcome isn't horrible.

It is quite evident for a while, why Runa has been dumped so many times. She is super nice and definitly a bit too committed, but also extremly insecure at times, to the point that a dumb thing like a design can set her of course. I can see why some people don't want to have such a high maintainance girlfriend. Good that Ryuuto has grown enough at this point and is committed enough to handle her properly.

Nicole at this point feels a bit overprotecting about Runa, to the point where it isn't justified and even slighly toxic. It's also suprising how easy it was for her ex to get her back. Let's hope that they learned from their past.

Sekiya plays that: "Unhappy in job, happy in love." clishee perfectly. But I can't feel anything other them wanting to give him his undeserved 2nd chance.

I seriously feel sad for Ijichi, he had a typical: "Girl looking for male friend, guy for a girlfriend." encounter. Sure the timing etc. was very poorly paced and I do get Akari as well, but there isn't a much more scary response I could imagine. But at least it got resolved quickly and maybe Akari's harsh remarks where for the best. Kind of remindes me of my own first confession, even through of coursee a lot of things where different.

But seriously, the whole show is giving me some hope in humanity back.
Dec 9, 2023 6:02 AM
Sep 2021
Yamana and sekiya fixed their relationship & started dating together, but runa's & ryuuto's relationship is worsening. How will ryuuto fix it.
Dec 9, 2023 6:59 AM
Oct 2022
Right, but who called her to Ikebukuro? Was it literally just some random phone call the author threw in to make it look like she's cheating or something?
HyperlinkBlockedDec 10, 2023 5:54 AM
Dec 9, 2023 7:27 AM

Apr 2021
MessyMarv said:
I believe the cat flashback scene foreshadowed how this was gonna end... maria gave up on the plushie and runa uses it because maria didnt want it anymore.... and now that maria wanted the cat back runa was happy to give it back and she even goes as far as to say take care of him this time.... i feel like they could have portrayed maria a bit better rather than just showing her being the jealous type over runa.... based on the next weeks preview/episode name it might be a wrap for runa and ryuto. Its a shame because i like a good underdog story.

Hmm, pretty interesting theory

Dec 9, 2023 10:10 AM

May 2022
Damolisher said:
The last two episodes have been manufactured and nonsensical drama for the sake of trying to not be generic romance anime 4000.

She was literally telling him to date her sister because he picked her project over hers. How lame can ya get?

You’re spot on. I know the whole misunderstanding trope is a staple of romance anime but I was hoping going into this show that it was really going for something different. Instead it has heavily relied on the misunderstanding trope. They should just rename this show “The coward who can’t speak up you and The irrational misunderstanding me” hopefully the last two episodes can salvage this garbage.
Dec 9, 2023 1:01 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Seeing Nicole happy makes this episode not too bad. Runa shouldn't be complaining when she's the one that proposed the idea of being friends with Maria even though she knew about Maria liking Ryuto. Runa is kinda making the drama a bit bigger than what it is, just talk things out but just avoiding each other isn't gonna fix things.
Then at the end they appear to be back on speaking terms where Ryuto tells Runa how he feels about her. The preview title for next episode has me confused because of the way this episode ended.

Dec 9, 2023 2:01 PM
Mar 2015
Problem solved by getting your friends back together
Dec 9, 2023 5:36 PM

Dec 2021
I hate saying this, but I ain't as strong about this anime as I was before. I genuinely loved everything about this anime for a good while, but this drama just feels kinda unpleasant. It's not like the sort of drama where it keeps you on the edge of your seat either, but more like "Was any of this shit necessary?" drama.

Seeing Sekiya reunite with Nikoru was saccharine sweet, but otherwise, I'm just waiting for the drama to be done with for good, since I'm here to see Runa and Ryuto being a cute couple, not this sort of cheap teen drama from, well... teenagers. Gonna watch this to the end, but depending on the last few episodes, my score might dip. It already went from a 9 to an 8, but I really want to see it recover from this.
Daviljoe193Dec 9, 2023 6:05 PM
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.
Dec 9, 2023 7:19 PM
Jul 2014
K, so to the people calling her best friend "Nikoru", it's Nicole. You know, the common English name I'm sure most of you have met someone with the name of.
Dec 9, 2023 7:25 PM

Dec 2021
Reply to Damolisher
K, so to the people calling her best friend "Nikoru", it's Nicole. You know, the common English name I'm sure most of you have met someone with the name of.
@Damolisher Whatever floats your boat, even if her MAL page says Nikoru, and not Nicole. Just in-case, I'll drop that the official website writes her name as both "山名 笑琉" and "やまな にこる", which to me (The latter especially) very strongly implies that it's intended to be transliterated as Nikoru, not Nicole.
Daviljoe193Dec 9, 2023 7:52 PM
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.
Dec 9, 2023 8:07 PM
Jul 2014
Reply to Daviljoe193
@Damolisher Whatever floats your boat, even if her MAL page says Nikoru, and not Nicole. Just in-case, I'll drop that the official website writes her name as both "山名 笑琉" and "やまな にこる", which to me (The latter especially) very strongly implies that it's intended to be transliterated as Nikoru, not Nicole.
@Daviljoe193 The subs call her "Nicole."
Dec 9, 2023 8:17 PM

Dec 2021
Reply to Damolisher
@Daviljoe193 The subs call her "Nicole."
@Damolisher The subs in Kimi no Koto ga Daidaidaidaidaisuki na 100-nin no Kanojo also add memes that are 1000% not actually there in the Japanese dub. Crunchyroll subs ain't gospel.
Dec 10, 2023 3:48 AM
Oct 2021
IzanaSolos said:
More Ryuto and Kanzaki moments huh.

Luna proposes a temporary separation between them. Trapped in a state of uncertainty, Ryuto receives a surprising revelation from Akari suggesting Luna's possible involvement in "sugar daddy" arrangements. Initially skeptical, Ryuto's curiosity about Luna's potential partner grows. In an attempt to unravel the mystery, he orchestrates Kanzaki's presence at school during the cultural festival, only to encounter an unforeseen twist of events.

Man, Luna's not holding anything back, and honestly, it kinda is on her. She's the one who pushed Ryuto to get close to Maria. I get being upset, but not talking to your boyfriend over a stupid pamphlet? That's just beyond me. So, according to Akari, Kanzaki is Luna's "sugar daddy," but it turns out it's just his ex-girlfriend's best friend, Nikro. I had a feeling he was her ex ever since we talked about his past in the last episode. A spin-off with Kanzaki and Nikro would be adorable. I don't know if I should feel bad for Ijichi, though; Akari might be onto something.

And guess what? Ryuto and Luna have made up! Who would've seen that coming?

Idk if it’s just me but I don’t believe Ryuto and Luna made up. Compared to the other times the had either miss understandings and made it this one seem a lot more tame and more one sided. It seemed like after Ryuto telling Luna that he wanted to spend his time with her she kinda just responded in a more mute way. I don’t know if it’s me or with how the episode played up the fact that she dose get kinda “risky” and how if she did “take a risk” he would blame it on himself I believe this might lead to her maybe doing that and Ryuto dealing with that.
Dec 10, 2023 3:52 AM
Oct 2021
MessyMarv said:
I believe the cat flashback scene foreshadowed how this was gonna end... maria gave up on the plushie and runa uses it because maria didnt want it anymore.... and now that maria wanted the cat back runa was happy to give it back and she even goes as far as to say take care of him this time.... i feel like they could have portrayed maria a bit better rather than just showing her being the jealous type over runa.... based on the next weeks preview/episode name it might be a wrap for runa and ryuto. Its a shame because i like a good underdog story.

I also think how the way the “made up” didn’t feel the same as the other times they also made up. It felt more one sided of Ryuto apologizing to Luna, also with them stating Luna can be pushed to make “risky plays” and how Ryuto would blame himself if she did cheat on him. I’m not thinking the ending of this season going to be a happy one. But I also feel like if they did break up it would really in my opinion mess up the show for me.
Dec 10, 2023 6:46 AM
Senpai

May 2021
The idea with the first boyfriend was good, but the way they got back together could have been implemented better. Too much drama with the main couple right now.
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Dec 10, 2023 6:52 AM

Jul 2017
Runa feeling the common interest between Ryuto and Maria, she gets too jealous to the point of wanting to break up with him on their 4-month anniversary. But the thing of "opposites attract", Ryuto is innocent to follow his instinct rather than lie about it, because he's truthful, even if it ends up hurting both sisters. But Runa picking up a call, Ryuto gets fussy himself, and even Nicole berates him about losing her trust. The news from Tanikita about Runa having a sugar daddy in Ikebukuro, it's partially the fault that Runa tends to backslide to her reckless side, and Ryuto can only turn to Sekiya for help.

Ryuto learning that Runa hanged out with the sutra guy, his ex just so happened to be Nicole, which Runa just so happened to coincidentally meet, putting him in a stale spot. Sekiya has his faults as well when he was dating Nicole, though most of it can be attributed to Sekiya himself, whom Ryuto wants him to make up with her. A problem in the courtyard about guys trying to court both of them, and both guys came to their rescue, which worked to their advantage. The same however, could not be said for Ijichi just randomly confessing to Tanikita, which she gets all defensive because he doesn't know anything about her. Love indeed is not a game, and Runa having a sugar daddy defintely is not the case, though it ended up being a win-win solution since both Nicole and Seikiya patched up together, and Ryuto still wants to be with Runa.

So then, where will Runa weave her heart towards?
Dec 10, 2023 4:16 PM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
Quite honestly I get she is insecure because of what her other boyfriends did to her and the fact her family situation is messed up but what Luna did this episode was complete garbage. He has been so nice to her and showed her what a boyfriend should do for their girlfriend and just because he did not support her idea she throws a fit. I hope she realizes what she has and stops this nonsense soon its ridiculous.
Dec 10, 2023 6:27 PM
Oct 2019
OMG of course teenager drama, so complicated lol
I really hope this is the last time Runa acting stupid like this.

YES!!
I CALLED IT, Sekiya was Nikoru ex boyfriend.

Ayy Nikoru and Sekiya getting back together 👏
Dec 10, 2023 9:59 PM
Jan 2021
Can Ryuto just stop chasing that fake ass relationship with that slut Runa? Like bro , she’s been dicked by everyone and their dads just go with Maria.
Also feel bad for the fat friend
Dec 11, 2023 5:03 PM
Aug 2022
What happened to Ijichi is a believable way that a guy can get rejected by his crush. A guy like myself should know, because something similar happened to me when I tried to pull the same stunt he did back in the day 💀. So to all the single guys watching this show that aren't gigachads, don't do what Ijichi did... especially if your crush barely knows you.

To be fair, at least Akari's reasoning for the rejection is very sound, and the situation could have turned out much, much worse.
Alpha-NineDec 11, 2023 5:54 PM
Dec 12, 2023 4:36 AM
Mar 2019
Luna, and Ryuto's realtionship is maturing to the simple dating. When it becomes more personal then you know there's a deepening of feelings already happening. Having said that, this can go either way.
Dec 14, 2023 9:12 AM
Sep 2017
Reply to HOOfan_1
WestOnAndrewAve said:
Extra bonus points for Tanikita turning down Ijichi for "knowing nothing about her" l

Not just that, she basically hinted that you don't tell someone you like them unless they like you...how the hell is that supposed to work?
@HOOfan_1 When I was watching that part, I expected a simple rejection beforehand. She essentially went off on him, it was uncalled for. She immediately took a hostile tone against him taking any feelings he had for her and erasing them. All things considered, the guy dodged a bullet. Her response to the confession is essentially her gaslighting him simply because she didn't feel the same way and assuming that he only likes her for her looks while giving him no opportunity to clarify why he likes her.
PrinceBeelzebulDec 14, 2023 9:22 AM
Dec 14, 2023 10:00 AM
Oct 2022
Reply to PrinceBeelzebul
@HOOfan_1 When I was watching that part, I expected a simple rejection beforehand. She essentially went off on him, it was uncalled for. She immediately took a hostile tone against him taking any feelings he had for her and erasing them. All things considered, the guy dodged a bullet. Her response to the confession is essentially her gaslighting him simply because she didn't feel the same way and assuming that he only likes her for her looks while giving him no opportunity to clarify why he likes her.
@PrinceBeelzebul

Isn't this the same girl whose first instinct was to assume her friend had a sugar daddy when she saw a bag she couldn't account for? Not even just a regular affair (That I can understand. And good on her for telling), but a full-on sugar daddy, despite the fact that the other guy seemed to be in college. I'm sensing she may not be the best person in general.
Dec 14, 2023 3:37 PM
Sep 2017
Reply to HyperlinkBlocked
@PrinceBeelzebul

Isn't this the same girl whose first instinct was to assume her friend had a sugar daddy when she saw a bag she couldn't account for? Not even just a regular affair (That I can understand. And good on her for telling), but a full-on sugar daddy, despite the fact that the other guy seemed to be in college. I'm sensing she may not be the best person in general.
@HyperlinkBlocked Yep, the dude really did dodge a bullet. Which is funny in a way, most people would have cut her off after that. Especially when you consider that it sounds like the rumors Maria spread about Runa.
Dec 15, 2023 12:16 AM
Apr 2022
TohruBestDragon said:
Can Ryuto just stop chasing that fake ass relationship with that slut Runa? Like bro , she’s been dicked by everyone and their dads just go with Maria.
Also feel bad for the fat friend

LOL honestly…ya. She has zero respect for her body or any idea why boundaries are important…on the other hand, I despise everyone in this show lol I’m just a hate watcher at this point haha
Dec 17, 2023 7:35 PM

Jan 2022
Runa and Ryuto are sooo immature and annoying ahhh
Sekiya is pretty smooth
This never updates so that's cool
Dec 19, 2023 8:56 AM

Oct 2008
haha! what a small world! Nikoru's ex is none other than cram school dude Sekiya! hahah
4/5.

Dec 20, 2023 2:10 AM
Mar 2012
lol Ryuto making fun of Sekiya. nice awkward reunion.
Akari considerate connecting them all together. but oof she murdered Ijichi.
Dec 21, 2023 7:13 PM
Oct 2023
I'm so happy that Shuugo and Nikoru got back together. They're so adorable, plus the environment for this episode was really nice with the colours.
Dec 23, 2023 4:07 AM
Apr 2022
"Love confession is NOT a game"
- Akari Tanikita
Dec 31, 2023 4:56 PM

Mar 2008
Nice that Nicole got to get back with the guy she's been longing for even if he maybe doesn't entirely deserve it, but people make mistakes And feeling bad about it makes them redeamable.

How Tanikita rejected Ichiji that was unnecessarily harsh though I get it if she gets that a lot but still it's not like he's some player. Some girls refuse to go out with guys they are friends with even if they are really compatible and attracted (which i think is stupid and one of my friends is like this to guys so I know it's a thing) so of course sometimes a guy might ask someone out without knowing everything about them because they might not be able to later because this weird thing some girls do. She could have just said she doesn't know him well enough and that he doesn't know her enough so she can't take that seriously as it stands instead of chewing him out for having the courage to try. It would have conveyed the same things without being mean about it. Plus she already has been around him several times now and they have talked so it's not like he doesnt know anything. But I do agree with some of her mentality, i think it's better to be friends with someone and just have a relationship form organically but like I said because how some people push away those they grow close to it becomes more complicated than it needs to be.
traedDec 31, 2023 5:13 PM
Jan 2, 9:49 AM

Nov 2013
man, kimizero (and literally every other adaptation tbh) cut off so many things from light novel (i didn't read it, but it's easy to understand it, and i've read someone commenting on it)

as annoying as some things are, they would make sense if the anime put more effort into it, not skip 5 chapters worth of story and jump to the last minute scene, then repeat for the next scene again lol i bet Maria is 10x better chara in the novel, and maybe that's why many people like her

it's a shame cause i liked the anime and Runa, but with every episode i feel like i wasted my time and the score will drop to like half of what it was at the start lol

just looking at next episode title makes me scared, at this point i'll just finish speedwatch the last 2 episodes and not care anymore
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Jan 3, 12:40 PM

Aug 2014
I liked that part with Sekiya and Ijichi part also, but what is this Runa thinking.. wanting to give Ryuuto to her sister?.. wtf is this next episode break up title.. and whrere all was going well.. I hope it is just like clickbait ad...
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Jan 4, 11:49 AM
Jan 2023
More misunderstandings thanks to poor communication, seems to be how this anime is though. At least Nikoru gets a happy ending.

That preview though, seems like the next one is going to be interesting.
Feb 5, 6:32 PM
Jun 2022
Yeah , Atlast Someone Had Common Sense Lol . All Other Bits Were Annoying As Usual.
Feb 21, 8:44 AM

Jan 2021
Seriously. what am i watching...
Roxy

Feb 21, 8:46 AM

Jan 2021
S2P_cinephile said:
"Love confession is NOT a game"
- Akari Tanikita

Kaguya-sama would laugh at this, lol.
Roxy

Feb 28, 7:44 PM

Oct 2021
Akari is a piece of work. First she snitches on her friend by suggesting she may have a sugar daddy. And then lays off on the guy confessing to her. Can't believe I see people saying she's right. A simple "Sorry but I'm not ready for a relationship yet since we don't know each other well enough" would do. Instead, she goes overboard and completely wrecks the guy without caring how they take it. It's people like her that cause the "The worst she can say is no" meme to exist. Sure, some people get to know someone long enough before confessing, but there are also those who just ask someone out after knowing them for just a bit or even not at all (like the main couple of this very anime). The warning flags were there though when we saw she's k-pop obsessed.
SaltyCookieFeb 28, 7:48 PM
Mar 19, 4:50 AM

Jul 2023
This is a perfect episode. So many things happened.

Firstly, Runa confirmed my thoughts earlier that perhaps, Ryuuto and Maria are actually more compatible.

This leads to a misunderstanding, which I love the execution. Ryuuto thought that she might have a sugar daddy based on what her friend saw. But it turns out that this 'sugar daddy' is actually Ryuuto's cool friend in cram school. They had some discussion on what he did, but it was a happy ending as he reconciled with his ex, who is no other than Runa's tsundere friend.

Of course, we learn that these girls are k-pop fangirls. No comment.

Anyway, this anime may be generic and that the mc is a wuss, but considering that he is likeable despite his flaws, I like this anime.

As for Maria, she had some conflicting thoughts. She is selfish alright. Why did Ryuuto like her back then in the first place? Was this flaw of hers not apparent then?

So we go to Runa's other friend, the one who thought she had a sugar daddy. Her rejection of the fat dude was brutal. It was a real talk, and I got the sense that she might be the author's mouth piece regarding relationships.

But I dunno. Such rejection much be what Ryuuto's friends were expecting when they forced him to confess to Runa.
patkarununganMar 23, 4:15 AM
Mar 23, 3:40 AM
Dec 2022
This episode is quite confusing in where do both Runa and Ryuto are at with their relationship. On the plus side, Nicole has managed to meet up with her ex which turns out to be someone in Ryuto's cram school. Talk about small world.
Apr 27, 8:27 AM

Apr 2013
So we're really having a fucking drama over some dumb pamphlet... and it seems like they'll actually break up next episode, why do these shows always end with some stupid drama plot?
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» This anime destroy the stereotypes about popular girls

passtur - May 12

15 by Forever999 »»
May 15, 12:15 AM

Poll: » Keikenzumi na Kimi to, Keiken Zero na Ore ga, Otsukiai suru Hanashi. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2023

154 by MJR53 »»
May 14, 7:14 PM

Poll: » Would you %%% (spoilers)

Shizuna - Apr 9

31 by Zarutaku »»
May 12, 3:12 PM

Poll: » What do you think about Ryuuto?

Adnash - Oct 20, 2023

37 by Alpha-Nine »»
May 9, 5:14 PM

Poll: » Keikenzumi na Kimi to, Keiken Zero na Ore ga, Otsukiai suru Hanashi. Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2023

97 by Gator »»
Apr 28, 5:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.