Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Land of the Lustrous
Available on Manga Store
New
Dec 2, 2023 11:33 AM
Aug 2019
I’m sad, this show needs more attention. It’s got a unique and interesting world; it sounds and looks beautiful; it’s got playful dialogue that warms the heart; it has a complex main character; it has a great mystery plot thread; and it has moments that just leave you in awe.

I mean it’s not perfect, but I f***ing love it. And I think I would enjoy the story that follows in the manga that much more if it was paced out in a visual medium. Gimme season 2 please 🙏
Dec 2, 2023 11:50 AM
May 2016
Still it's relatively popular and has a good rating. I hope Orange will pick it up again. At this point it is unlikely that other studios will take over, because of its unique style.
Dec 2, 2023 11:55 AM
Sep 2022
ktg said:
Still it's relatively popular and has a good rating. I hope Orange will pick it up again. At this point it is unlikely that other studios will take over, because of its unique style.

They won't because this show is abandoned, unfortunately
Dec 2, 2023 12:06 PM
May 2016
MineFord_gurme said:
ktg said:

Is this a fact? Or are you just guessing?
The revenue wasn't bad after S1 and the critics liked the show. Orange's priority is still Beastars, so they will likely finish it first, but after that we don't know yet what their plan is.
Therefore, I can still see that they will continue. It's either after finishing Beastars or when Houseki no Kuni finishes. If they don't announce it then, we'll know that they don't plan to continue it.
Dec 2, 2023 12:29 PM
Sep 2022
ktg said:
MineFord_gurme said:

The revenue wasn't bad after S1 and the critics liked the show. Orange's priority is still Beastars, so they will likely finish it first, but after that we don't know yet what their plan is.
Therefore, I can still see that they will continue. It's either after finishing Beastars or when Houseki no Kuni finishes. If they don't announce it then, we'll know that they don't plan to continue it.

Yes, it's a fact. The project was closed
Dec 2, 2023 12:29 PM
Aug 2019
@ktg yeah, nobody else really focuses on CG character models.

Idk how long the producers think they can wait though. Dragging it out will only deplete the benefit to having an established fanbase
Dec 2, 2023 12:31 PM
Aug 2019
@MineFord_gurme how did you find out?
Dec 2, 2023 12:34 PM
May 2016
MineFord_gurme said:
ktg said:

Yes, it's a fact. The project was closed

You know that the "project" means the actual season, right? So Beastars S1 is also a closed project, like Beastars S2. So yes, it is pretty obvious that Houseki no Kuni S1 is a closed project.
Studios don't think about stories from the first season until the last when they talk about projects.
Dec 2, 2023 12:35 PM
May 2016
ghier said:

Idk how long the producers think they can wait though. Dragging it out will only deplete the benefit to having an established fanbase

Based on the manga sales, no. It has a pretty stable fan base.
Dec 2, 2023 12:36 PM
Aug 2019
@ktg Well, I mean fans of the anime. The manga fans will always be there yeah.
Dec 2, 2023 12:41 PM
May 2016
ghier said:

An anime in itself never produces revenue. Manga sales, merchandise etc, that's what matters.
Dec 2, 2023 12:53 PM
Sep 2023
ktg said:
ghier said:

Are you sure that we are stable 🙂🙂🙂 Are you sure that I can wait patiently till spring🙂🙂🙂
Dec 2, 2023 12:54 PM
May 2016
Egemenslr said:
ktg said:

Are you sure that we are stable 🙂🙂🙂 Are you sure that I can wait patiently till spring🙂🙂🙂

Again, I was talking about manga sales, which are usually above 100k.
Dec 2, 2023 12:59 PM
Dec 2022
The anime was way worse than the manga. Not surprised not as many watchers.
Dec 2, 2023 1:08 PM
Sep 2023
Ray6974 said:
The anime was way worse than the manga. Not surprised not as many watchers.

I think the anime is actually way better than the first chapters and the action scenes makes wayyy more sense
Dec 2, 2023 1:16 PM
May 2022
Hopefully it will get a second season after the manga ends and/or Orange is done with Beastars. Although they might just shift focus to Trigun instead. Either way the anime was great and my introduction to what would become one of my favorite manga so I would love to see it get a second season and for more people to appreciate it.
Dec 2, 2023 1:40 PM

May 2018
MineFord_gurme said:
ktg said:

There hasn't been enough content for a second season for a while, so Orange never made any continuations. There finally is ebough content now, but considering how near the end is it would make more sense for Orange to adapt the rest in one go.

Kinda rushed if you ask me but it seems to be what they are doing with Beastars so its in line with Orange.

but until theres an official announcement we can only hope
⚠ This user has received numerous reports of abuse and harassment. Please report any guideline violations to MAL staff.
Dec 2, 2023 2:00 PM

Jan 2015
Yeah, I feel like this series is so underrated ;((
Also wasn’t there an interviewwith someone from orange studio that they won’t continue the series because there’s no sponsors for it? Or did I misrememberd the series?
My candies:
Dec 2, 2023 2:09 PM
Aug 2019
ktg said:
ghier said:

An anime in itself never produces revenue. Manga sales, merchandise etc, that's what matters.

But how many people tune in correlates with how good of an advertisement it is, right? If waiting to adapt more brings in less viewers, it’ll also convert less people into manga readers
Dec 2, 2023 3:46 PM
May 2016
Emerardo said:
MineFord_gurme said:

There hasn't been enough content for a second season for a while, so Orange never made any continuations. There finally is ebough content now, but considering how near the end is it would make more sense for Orange to adapt the rest in one go.

Kinda rushed if you ask me but it seems to be what they are doing with Beastars so its in line with Orange.

Wdym? The first season adapted 4 volumes and there are like 11 or 12 volumes right now. We have had enough content for years.
Dec 2, 2023 3:49 PM

May 2018
ktg said:
Emerardo said:

Wdym? The first season adapted 4 volumes and there are like 11 or 12 volumes right now. We have had enough content for years.

Didnt the first season adapt the first 6 volumes? its as you said, we currently have 12 and the final vol will probably be 13 or 14
⚠ This user has received numerous reports of abuse and harassment. Please report any guideline violations to MAL staff.
Dec 2, 2023 4:21 PM
Aug 2017
still it has better rating than most anime
Dec 2, 2023 4:28 PM
Aug 2019
JJT1407 said:
still it has better rating than most anime

I mean yeah, that is a saving grace. I’m just getting worried that the series been left to die.
Dec 2, 2023 5:06 PM
May 2016
Emerardo said:
ktg said:

Didnt the first season adapt the first 6 volumes? its as you said, we currently have 12 and the final vol will probably be 13 or 14

I was slightly wrong. It adapted the first 32 chapters and the 36 and skipped 3. So it's technically 4 and a half volume.
So we have had enough material since Oct 2018 when volume 9 was released.
Dec 3, 2023 1:35 AM

Aug 2023
every single day I pray for 2nd season. but it's been 6 years, I think it's time to accept reality and move on. If someday they announce the sequel, that would be a miracle. if not, that's okay. at least we have the manga...
Dec 3, 2023 2:12 AM
Nov 2022
Ending of season 1 was Dogshit
Dec 3, 2023 10:53 AM
Feb 2021
It's gonna come eventually. The manga is fantastic.
I'm worried about how many resources Trigun is going to take up though. I have very little knowledge but I know Stampede took a long time to make.

I'll be happy either way regardless of how long it takes, and I'm very happy with Studio Orange overall
Dec 3, 2023 5:41 PM
Apr 2021
This is how mainstream anime’s become mainstream animes. The MEDIA. Some people watch land of the lustrous but very few would recommend it whether it is online via social media or in person. It’s just not a anime to talk about most likely because the cover looks like a bunch of cute girls with swords n the first thing people would call you might be weaboo, strange, maybe even looser or incel. No one wants that tbh. Meanwhile Shounen animes almost easily becomes mainstream simply because it is “better” to talk about
Dec 28, 2023 5:12 PM
Aug 2019
Reply to Woomy_on_anime_
This is how mainstream anime’s become mainstream animes. The MEDIA. Some people watch land of the lustrous but very few would recommend it whether it is online via social media or in person. It’s just not a anime to talk about most likely because the cover looks like a bunch of cute girls with swords n the first thing people would call you might be weaboo, strange, maybe even looser or incel. No one wants that tbh. Meanwhile Shounen animes almost easily becomes mainstream simply because it is “better” to talk about
@Woomy_on_anime_ I think you are right to an extent. But it has an aesthetic appeal that girls could be drawn to without being labelled weird.

I definitely feel like I'm labelled that way as a guy though.
Feb 11, 12:24 PM

Oct 2019
They are about to finish beastars, and trigun will probably be 2-3 seasons long at most.

And honestly, I don't see orange not making a sequel before a whole new series.

specially because for 3d animation, sequels are WAY easier.
Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942

More topics from this board

Poll: » Houseki no Kuni (TV) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2017

211 by Lucas_Gomes7914 »»
May 22, 7:21 AM

Poll: » Houseki no Kuni (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2017

316 by ViSpace »»
May 21, 6:16 AM

Poll: » Houseki no Kuni (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2017

114 by ViSpace »»
May 21, 12:52 AM

Poll: » Houseki no Kuni (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2017

161 by ViSpace »»
May 20, 11:54 PM

Poll: » Houseki no Kuni (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2017

171 by ViSpace »»
May 20, 6:45 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.