Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 25, 2023 8:22 AM

May 2020
Maomao might have come on a home visit, but that doesn’t mean she could idle around all she likes, I mean she was just feeling the feels of morning breeze, when that little girl came and requested her to rush to the brothel, as I mean we had a sight of a “supposed” double suicide.

The courtesan and the wealthy man, on the brink of death, would’ve definitely kicked the bucket if Maomao didn’t come in clutch, and make them throw out the poison. They did escape death, but that doesn’t mean they already woke up like it was nothing. So her father did come and took the proceedings in his hand, but in reality this whole situation was the textbook example of something which screams “it more than meets the eye”.

I mean if the whole sequence with that little girl trying to stab that man and putting him out of misery and then that other girl explaining the whole situation to Maomao wasn’t already making it obvious, Maomao finally getting it after putting the pieces together made it one… that it was a planned murder. A murder where the courtesan made that man drink the poison, and thereafter making it seem like a scene of double suicide.

Can say that man had it coming, as I mean seeing his past and whatever he did, but killing someone isn’t a justifiable option, so… leaving it aside, atleast Maomao got a chance to take a bath:)

Also good for Jinshi, he got the whole picture straight from Maomao which did make him a bit more MISUNDERSTOOD though, but I mean he'll get the truth in due time lol.
Softhenic03Nov 25, 2023 8:27 AM
Nov 25, 2023 9:32 AM
Sep 2015
If Maomao can survive red-light district, then she can survive anywhere, including the palace. Her master is much wiser, but he just doesn't seem to care about the world anymore, he just want to take care of his herb garden.

Lihaku seems happy, look like he receive a first-class treatment.

The only one that seems sad is Jinchi, he deserves it.
Nov 25, 2023 9:44 AM
Jul 2022
i tnink its a good episode
Nov 25, 2023 10:54 AM

Apr 2014
lmao..... Jinshi's reaction was fking hilarious.
何それ?意味分かんない
Nov 25, 2023 11:14 AM
May 2021
Amazing ep man, maomao is just interesting character!!
Nov 25, 2023 11:17 AM

Apr 2010
Looks like the visit was hectic.
Moamoa managed to save a few people and solve another mystery guess that's a good thing.
Jinshi being angry was funny.

Still it was nice to see some things of Moamoa's origin even if it wasn't much.
Nov 25, 2023 11:21 AM
Aug 2020
Another great episode,

The end was almost funnier than the manga.
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Nov 25, 2023 11:29 AM

Oct 2017
Holy shit Maomao killed Jinshi there, straight up murder. This girl can be so dense at times. Gyokuyou getting the kicks out of it lol. I wonder when the misunderstanding will be resolved or when Maomao will find out what it actually means.

The brothel part was unsurprisingly kinda dark and sad. Who was that person in that short scene though? Maomao's mother? I wonder if her father used to work as an official for the previous emperor or something.
Nov 25, 2023 11:29 AM
Oct 2016
Not even during her trip home can Maomao have some peace. Dragged into helping these two people are this brothel ending up being a huge mystery Maomao must solve. Who knew this would turn out to be a not so straight forward double suicide out of love but instead this complicated plot to poison a terrible customer. Maomao nearly didn't see the whole picture, she was just enjoying her three days home with her dad when she's dragged over to this brothel to help. Luckily she could revive them both and begin to solve what really happened. It did look like a double suicide love pact until Maomao saw that young servant girl try to kill the man who was poisoned. That opened up the larger information about how he was a bad customer who'd been poisoned before. Maomao father seemingly put the whole picture together immediately but Maomao herself took a bit longer, realizing the trick with layers to the drink and the wheat stalk straws so the bad customer would fall for the poison. The courtesan poisoning herself a bit to clear suspicion, from all except Maomao and her father who figured out the truth. Maomao returning to the palace to an unhappy Jinshi. He took it really personally that Maomao went to Lihaku for help instead of him. The phrasing of what Maomao said and the reaction face Jinshi had were priceless.
Nov 25, 2023 11:34 AM

Mar 2021
AkeZZZ said:

he won't be getting a wink of peaceful sleep after this for a very very very long time.
Nov 25, 2023 11:36 AM

Mar 2021
Really great episode with Maomao putting her apothecary skills to Good use to help two people who drank poison and it was hilarious seeing her mess with Jinshi at the end
Nov 25, 2023 11:40 AM
Jul 2019
Jinshi with a horrible last couple of days. Maomao wording is important
Nov 25, 2023 11:47 AM
Apr 2023
another great episode, Maomao-Jinshi interaction at the end was hilarious
Nov 25, 2023 11:54 AM

Feb 2019
Noo this episode went by too fast 😩

As usual great seeing Maomao put her skills to use, this time to save a courtesan at the brothel. Using the vomit’s contents to find the cause of the poison and get an antidote was really neat. Never ceases to amaze me how resourceful ancient physicians were.

That head butt scene between maomao and the would be assassin little girl was so well animated.

I like the comparison of the pleasure district to a garden full of beautiful, but poisonous flowers. In hindsight it makes perfect sense that Maomao would go on to have the type of job she does, literally born for it

[Url= Noo this episode went by too fast 😩

As usual great seeing Maomao put her skills to use, this time to save a courtesan at the brothel. Using the vomit’s contents to find the cause of the poison and get an antidote was really neat. Never ceases to amaze me how resourceful ancient physicians were.

That head butt scene between maomao and the would be assassin little girl was so well animated.

I like the comparison of the pleasure district to a garden full of beautiful, but poisonous flowers. In hindsight it makes perfect sense that Maomao would go on to have the type of job she does, literally born for it

[url=https://imgur.com/a/L4b5hpS MAOMAO LEG AND BACK[/url]

I’m a little disappointed we didn’t get anymore indication as to what the dad seemed to have been hiding last week. Definitely seems like he may know more than he let on about maomao’s kidnapping and new role at the palace.. I guess if she’s able to go back and forth easily now we can see that explored later.

Lmao poor Jinshi, not only got all of his advances ignored, but Maomao “spent a night” with another guy 😂. We witnessed bro’s soul leave his body

I’m a little disappointed we didn’t get anymore indication as to what the dad seemed to have been hiding last week. Definitely seems like he may know more than he let on about maomao’s kidnapping and new role at the palace.. I guess if she’s able to go back and forth easily now we can see that explored later.

Lmao poor Jinshi, not only got all of his advances ignored, but Maomao “spent a night” with another guy 😂. We witnessed bro’s soul leave his body
Marinate1016Nov 25, 2023 12:07 PM
Nov 25, 2023 12:06 PM

May 2020
another amazing episode
I really want to know the significance behind giving someone a hairpin

I started watching this today and binged eps 1 to 8
can't wait for more
this became one of favourite animes airing this season

Nov 25, 2023 12:13 PM
Mar 2022
What are the other meanings of the hairpins given during the tea ceremony? Is it a marriage proposal or something?
Nov 25, 2023 12:13 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Ahaha, gold misunderstanding! This’ll definitely go down as one of favs from the trope.

Maomao doesn’t even think of Jinshi-san as anything, lmao. With all that incredible deduction ability, of course she would’ve seen through it by now. It’s nice to see how the others are chiming in on this little take too, lol.

Looks like there might’ve been a bigger scheme than we thought over the first half, jeez. Scary little girl hell-bent on revenge, it’s best to assume that probably didn’t end in a conventional manner.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Nov 25, 2023 12:23 PM
May 2017
Another excellent episode!

Jinshi experiences the hard life of an eunuch.

Pairin must be fabulous...
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Nov 25, 2023 12:26 PM
May 2017
Reply to AkeZZZ
@AkeZZZ The meaning of life.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Nov 25, 2023 12:41 PM

Jul 2017
Would have liked to see more mystery surrounding Maomao's dad from the cliffhanger from the previous episode but the rest of the episode was really good and a nice change of pace with the setting, even if it seems like even at the pleasure district, it is by no means a peaceful and safe place by any means as a seemingly double suicide attempt mystery unravels into a complex murder plot against a customer they seem to despise a ton. Sure the man is a scumbag but the ladies aren't innocent either considering the methods they took to try to accomplish their mission smoothly by 'calling' the apothecary instead of the doctor immediately. Jinshi got wrecked at the end there so bonus points for the episode too. Another interesting episode that flew by fairly quickly, good watch.
Nov 25, 2023 12:44 PM
Aug 2018
@frostfire-san wacht in steaming or ilegal page of anime
Nov 25, 2023 12:46 PM
Sep 2021
Reply to Tachi27
@frostfire-san wacht in steaming or ilegal page of anime
@Tachi27 Bold of you to assume I was paying in the first place lmao😅
Nov 25, 2023 12:52 PM
Oct 2010
Maomao is portrayed as a bit too dense considering she was half-raised by the old lady and the courtesans, but seeing Jinshi's soul leaving him at her blatantly innuendo-laden explanation is funny enough to overlook the inconsistency.
Nov 25, 2023 12:54 PM

Nov 2013
Hahaha, haven't laughed like this for a while. Ending was golden!
Nov 25, 2023 12:59 PM
Jun 2022
I forgot, who is the lady in the annex?
Nov 25, 2023 1:03 PM

Jul 2022
BRO WTF WHY SHE SO KAWAII
Nov 25, 2023 1:11 PM

Sep 2019
Maomao, such a sinful woman. Breaking Jinshi's heart and giving another man a blissful night.
Nov 25, 2023 1:17 PM
Jul 2012
Reply to AkeZZZ
@AkeZZZ I laughed so hard I cried xD
Nov 25, 2023 1:21 PM

Sep 2009
Reply to Tarrian
Maomao is portrayed as a bit too dense considering she was half-raised by the old lady and the courtesans, but seeing Jinshi's soul leaving him at her blatantly innuendo-laden explanation is funny enough to overlook the inconsistency.
@Tarrian remember, she still thinks he is a eunuch. So he should not be interested in this kind of stuff.
Nov 25, 2023 1:46 PM

Jul 2012
I think my favorite part is when Maomao highlighted that the pleasure district feels the same as the palace. Whether they're a courtesan or a concubine, there's always a feeling of being trapped in a cage with poison surrounding them. I also liked how they emphasized the strong relationships of the women in the brothel. There's even a firm bond between younger and older sisters, like the little girl had with her big sis and Maomao with Meimei.
Nov 25, 2023 1:55 PM

Apr 2015
Why this anime have like 3 minutes per episode? It finishes too fast.

I died with Jinshi the guy was so jealousy, his reaction from Maomao was hilarious.

Also someone else really enjoy more and more Gyokuyou? She is having so much fun with all the crazy shit happening there.
Nov 25, 2023 1:57 PM
Apr 2021
someone pls tell me the whole "mao mao slept with lihaku" confusion is cleared on jinshi head later on
like pls i cant stand misunderstandings in anime 💀
Nov 25, 2023 2:05 PM
Aug 2018
Reply to frostfire-san
@Tachi27 Bold of you to assume I was paying in the first place lmao😅
@frostfire-san I was not assuming anything, just answer your question, they do it through platforms like Abema, among others, they come out 1 week before
Nov 25, 2023 2:08 PM
Apr 2022
I was watching this episode at 3.30 am in my room and then the ending reaction of Jinshi was so hilarious that I laughed so hard without realising the time. I had a great laugh.
Nov 25, 2023 2:10 PM
Sep 2023
i love them so much
Nov 25, 2023 2:12 PM

Sep 2009
Reply to Alex_the_reaper
someone pls tell me the whole "mao mao slept with lihaku" confusion is cleared on jinshi head later on
like pls i cant stand misunderstandings in anime 💀
@Alex_the_reaper it will be cleared next episode probably.
Nov 25, 2023 2:19 PM
Oct 2010
Reply to Nachtwandler_21
@Tarrian remember, she still thinks he is a eunuch. So he should not be interested in this kind of stuff.
@Nachtwandler_21 Nahhhh, that explanation would have been sus no matter who heard it; if it were her fellow servants or mistress they would have been just as quick to get it and either been scandalized, laughed (as she actually did), or scold her for the clueless vulgar implications. It's moments like that which break the consistency of her having been around the courtesans and learned their boob techniques.

Easy to overlook in favor of everything else the show does so right.

Nov 25, 2023 2:21 PM
Jun 2022
I don't see it anywhere is it delayed today?
Nov 25, 2023 2:21 PM
Mar 2018
I love Maomao so much
Nov 25, 2023 2:24 PM
Jul 2021
best show this year along with frieren, period
Nov 25, 2023 2:32 PM
Apr 2021
Reply to otakuweek
Another great episode,

The end was almost funnier than the manga.
@otakuweek, the anime adapted the third and most fun part of the bonus chapter, where there were two more options for the story.
Great episode and a very worthy adaptation!
Nov 25, 2023 2:34 PM

Apr 2022
what a way to start her morning, an apparent double suicide case but in actuality a murder attempt. jinshi got his own share of troubles, bro blacked out while standing. lihaku was the real winner this episode.
Nov 25, 2023 3:07 PM

Sep 2016
Jinshi's reaction was better in the manga but this one was really good too, solid episode.
Also "that" foreshadowing was a nice detail too.
Nov 25, 2023 3:12 PM
Apr 2021
Nachtwandler_21 said:
@Alex_the_reaper it will be cleared next episode probably.

thank the stars 🙏
Nov 25, 2023 3:53 PM

Mar 2020
Lihaku-kun really had a wild night haha. And it seems Jinshi-san had a misunderstanding. hahaha Everyone is enjoying this
Oppai check!

111 cm: Hancock
110 cm: Zoro
100 cm: Robin
Nov 25, 2023 3:55 PM

Oct 2012
Gosh I love seeing Gyokuyou laugh from teasing these two. Understandable, I laugh too lmao

also

Nov 25, 2023 4:16 PM

Dec 2018
This on felt a little weaker but I can't really explain why. The old man seemed like a really good teacher.
Nov 25, 2023 4:24 PM
Nov 2023
I love MaoMao. She never fails to keep us happy, smiling and laughing. I look forward every week to a new episode of Apothecary diaries. This is my favourite anime that’s currently airing.
Nov 25, 2023 4:52 PM

Mar 2021
Wow Maomao's hair is longer than I thought :o

Also, poison cocktail is an awesome murder weapon XD
Nov 25, 2023 4:59 PM
Jan 2023
It was pretty good, although I wish there was more development between Maomao and Jinshi. I'm sure they will have more screen time together next episode, but there was not enough screen time of Jinshi being jealous and missing Maomao!
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kusuriya no Hitorigoto Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Softhenic03 - Nov 18, 2023

133 by ItalianChicken »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Kusuriya no Hitorigoto Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 20

111 by capyvaraw »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Kusuriya no Hitorigoto Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 13

96 by capyvaraw »»
Yesterday, 11:16 AM

Poll: » Kusuriya no Hitorigoto Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 6

105 by capyvaraw »»
Yesterday, 7:28 AM

Poll: » Kusuriya no Hitorigoto Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Softhenic03 - Dec 16, 2023

165 by JSM5421 »»
May 17, 2:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.