Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Chained Soldier
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 23, 2023 9:23 PM

Jul 2017
Premiere screening at AFA SG 2023.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cy0VIDstIt3

From author Takahiro of Akame ga Kill!, comes the next big thing to come out in the new year: Mato Seihei no Slave.

Akari Kitou's OP is decent to good, and Maaya Uchida's ED is more or less the same.

In a world laden of the Mato Mishap, two people would forge their destinies together, but it's not until said guy of Yuuki Wakura (who's known for his swift housekeeping duties), with the power of the Peaches, gets mysteriously caught in that same mishap, where there laid monsters called Shuuk. And the only thing that he could do is to await the rescue from the Demon Defense Force, specifcally the 7th Squadron Commander Uzen Kyouka and her capable comrades of Himari Azuma, Shushu Suruga and Nei Okawamura thwarting all Shuuki around the vicinity.

Apart from both Yuuki, a young brother and sister also getting caught into the Mato Mishap is bad. But with the power that Uzen has, it's not enough to get them out of trouble...which is where she makes the fateful decision to make Yuuki her slave, transforming into a monster capable of defeating Shuukis of all sizes. And the price of Uzen's ability is that she needs to reward her slaves, though a kiss...going to a French kiss, definitely took Yuuki by surprise, though not far from reaching her goal of becoming the Supreme Commander. And Yuuki...becomes the 7th Squadron dorm caretaker, because men are not allowed to be in the Demon Defense Force. Oh well, start from the bottom I guess.

Is this in-house director Junji Nishimura's comeback with studio Seven Arcs? I hope so, because the premiere episode is very good.

Aside from the CGI, I hope that this show will continue to flourish as one strong fanservice contender of the season.
KANLen09Jan 4, 10:51 PM
Nov 23, 2023 11:08 PM

Sep 2012
Reply to KANLen09

From author Takahiro of Akame ga Kill!, comes the next big thing to come out in the new year: Mato Seihei no Slave.

Akari Kitou's OP is decent to good, and Maaya Uchida's ED is more or less the same.

In a world laden of the Mato Mishap, two people would forge their destinies together, but it's not until said guy of Yuuki Wakura (who's known for his swift housekeeping duties), with the power of the Peaches, gets mysteriously caught in that same mishap, where there laid monsters called Shuuk. And the only thing that he could do is to await the rescue from the Demon Defense Force, specifcally the 7th Squadron Commander Uzen Kyouka and her capable comrades of Himari Azuma, Shushu Suruga and Nei Okawamura thwarting all Shuuki around the vicinity.

Apart from both Yuuki, a young brother and sister also getting caught into the Mato Mishap is bad. But with the power that Uzen has, it's not enough to get them out of trouble...which is where she makes the fateful decision to make Yuuki her slave, transforming into a monster capable of defeating Shuukis of all sizes. And the price of Uzen's ability is that she needs to reward her slaves, though a kiss...going to a French kiss, definitely took Yuuki by surprise, though not far from reaching her goal of becoming the Supreme Commander. And Yuuki...becomes the 7th Squadron dorm caretaker, because men are not allowed to be in the Demon Defense Force. Oh well, start from the bottom I guess.

Is this in-house director Junji Nishimura's comeback with studio Seven Arcs? I hope so, because the premiere episode is very good.

Aside from the CGI, I hope that this show will continue to flourish as one strong fanservice contender of the season.
@KANLen09 Was the lewd done well?
Nov 23, 2023 11:29 PM

Jul 2017
Reply to FlamingMangos
@KANLen09 Was the lewd done well?
@FlamingMangos OH YES, IT DOES. The fanservice is that engrossing.
Nov 25, 2023 3:07 PM

Oct 2010
Reply to KANLen09

@KANLen09
was the 3D CGI as bad as the PV makes it look like?
Nov 26, 2023 12:28 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
i haven't seen the episode yet of course...

but....

Dec 8, 2023 2:05 PM

Feb 2023
The first episode was realy good, saw it an ANYC premiere. Animation, voice acting, and songs were really good. It was very well adapted.
Dec 17, 2023 1:05 AM

Oct 2017
Finally it's here! Anime adaptation of one of the best ecchi manga and it's from the author of Akame ga kill no less, what a shift in genre seriously.

Starting things off with an intense kiss, that was lewd but nothing compared to what's to come later. I'm usually fine with cgi but this one actually looks pretty bad but atleast it looked decent otherwise. I'm here for the ecchi so as long as they do that well, it's good enough. OP/ED were both okay. Looking forward to more.
MegamiRemJan 4, 9:01 AM
Dec 17, 2023 4:27 PM
Feb 2021
So is this….

1) Heavily ecchi but no actual nudity because they aren’t following the manga that way,

2) #1 but that’s just because a blu ray release will show more,

Or

3) just full-on from the get-go?

I ask these things out of this fascinated curiosity because shows come out in different tiers of ecchi and honestly, if it’s changed or censored from the intentioned vision, it’s not worth it to me. I’m not saying “I NeED bOoBiEs in MuH AnImE,” but if it’s the intention of the creators to have that, even if the final product turns into a total meme just worth laughing at, I want to watch it as intended.
Dec 23, 2023 8:10 AM

Apr 2021
I feel like this won’t be actually good unless you are just brainlessly horny because the trailer looked heavy of bad cgi. I don’t have high hopes for it regardless of all the hype, I don’t think they adapted it well.
Jan 3, 10:09 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
SOMEONE PLEASE HELP BEFORE I DIE OF PEAK FICTION I HAVENT BEEN THIS HYPE FOR AN ANIME SINCE KEIJO!!!!!!!
Jan 4, 4:28 AM

Dec 2017
Reply to EcchiGodMamster
SOMEONE PLEASE HELP BEFORE I DIE OF PEAK FICTION I HAVENT BEEN THIS HYPE FOR AN ANIME SINCE KEIJO!!!!!!!
@EcchiGodMamster are you still alive? 1.5 hrs left till it airs.
❝Kabo-chan is ran by the MAL staff team and does not respond to individual comments made on her profile.❞
I was immensely devastated.
Jan 4, 5:14 AM
Jul 2018
1.5 hours? I have already seen it.
It was well done with no annoying light bars or censorship. Nice to see the girls messing with each other.
Jan 4, 5:30 AM

Dec 2017
Reply to removed-user
It was well done with no annoying light bars or censorship. Nice to see the girls messing with each other.
@QPR oh come on, there exists people who can't possibly attend all the pre-screenings just to look at animated tiddies.
❝Kabo-chan is ran by the MAL staff team and does not respond to individual comments made on her profile.❞
Jan 4, 5:45 AM
Aug 2021
QPR said:

is the Plot done right?
Jan 4, 5:52 AM

Jan 2013
two words, boobs.
Jan 4, 6:21 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Reply to karrotStick
@EcchiGodMamster are you still alive? 1.5 hrs left till it airs.
@karrotStick

I'm fucking dying LMAO i NEED it to be available

RIGHT FUCKING NOW
Jan 4, 6:28 AM

Dec 2021
The creator behind Akame ga Kill! is now delivering something completely different: Step on me: the anime. Talk about a major shift in genres.

Earth gets hit with a double whammy of supernatural events. First, these gateways to another dimension called Mato pop up, and then there are Peaches, these special resources that give women cool powers. Now, out of Mato, we get these nasty monsters called Yomotsu Shuuki wreaking havoc. To deal with them, the government sets up the Anti-demon Corps, where badass women with Peach powers step up to face these creatures. Yuuki Wakura's just watching from the sidelines until he accidentally crosses paths with a Yomotsu Shuuki. Lucky for him, Kyouka Uzen, the head honcho of the Seventh Unit in the Anti-demon Corps, swoops in to save the day. And here's the kicker – she sees something in him that could shake up the whole monster-busting scene.

So, in action, it's basically Love Hina but with a dash of battle shonen vibes splashed on. This show totally owns what it is, and even though it's not exactly my go-to these days, I ended up way more entertained than I thought. I went in expecting a standard action-packed show, but it turned out to be a pleasant surprise. Just a heads up, though, some of the 3D stuff, especially the monsters, can be a bit wonky in how they move.

The first episode was pretty good, all things considered. I just hope Seven Arcs can keep up the momentum for however many episodes this show is going to have.

Jan 4, 6:28 AM

May 2020
The same basic black haired protag, with an all familiar basic voice who unsurprisingly wasn’t very glad with his life is here to grace us with their presence. But as life goes in the world of anime, the losers get all the goods from god, and so did this dude, I mean all of a sudden he was somewhere… somewhere very far from the realms of average humans we all reside in, and god knows why.

They call that disaster thing Mato, but how and why it came to be they never bothered to explain. Just a silver haired big boobs girl jumped from the heavens, defeated those demons, sort of, I mean not even that, as just a few minutes later they couldn’t do much and then came the idea of utilizing the skills of this dog… our main dude to the fullest, by literally making him a SLAVE lmaoooooo.

Goes without saying he did well as a slave, and will join the demon extermination forces or whatever the name is, too. And this series being the cliche it is, of course he’d be the only man in that group our main heroine led him to.

Anyways, WHERE IS ECCHI??????? THIS… WHAT WE JUST SAW??? Lmaooo, just a 10 second kissing clip and even that wasn’t what we should consider “proper” in ecchi terms. Lol, and they were selling this series over that. Not to mention, the pacing felt rushed af.
Jan 4, 6:29 AM

Nov 2011
I rolled my eyes a few times but not going to lie, this was some popcorn entertainment material.

Kyouka Uzen also had a badass introduction imo. Couldn't take Yuki seriously a few times as some scenes made his reactions looks goofy. However, it stayed true to the main premise and general tone of the show. Plus, there's that fan service which in some bits connected to the main plot LOL.
Jan 4, 6:38 AM

Jan 2021
Reply to Softhenic03
The same basic black haired protag, with an all familiar basic voice who unsurprisingly wasn’t very glad with his life is here to grace us with their presence. But as life goes in the world of anime, the losers get all the goods from god, and so did this dude, I mean all of a sudden he was somewhere… somewhere very far from the realms of average humans we all reside in, and god knows why.

They call that disaster thing Mato, but how and why it came to be they never bothered to explain. Just a silver haired big boobs girl jumped from the heavens, defeated those demons, sort of, I mean not even that, as just a few minutes later they couldn’t do much and then came the idea of utilizing the skills of this dog… our main dude to the fullest, by literally making him a SLAVE lmaoooooo.

Goes without saying he did well as a slave, and will join the demon extermination forces or whatever the name is, too. And this series being the cliche it is, of course he’d be the only man in that group our main heroine led him to.

Anyways, WHERE IS ECCHI??????? THIS… WHAT WE JUST SAW??? Lmaooo, just a 10 second kissing clip and even that wasn’t what we should consider “proper” in ecchi terms. Lol, and they were selling this series over that. Not to mention, the pacing felt rushed af.
@Softhenic03 This was just an adaptation of the first chapter, that chapter doesn't have actual ecchi, that should come already by next episode.
Jan 4, 7:07 AM

Apr 2016
tbh I don't like the cgi it's terrible ..but im here for ecchi and plot anyway whatever
Jan 4, 7:09 AM
May 2021
Reply to Softhenic03

@Softhenic03 the source material done the plot,action and fan service right. First chapter don't have much but you will get the spice in the next episode.
Jan 4, 7:29 AM

Feb 2021
So the subs changed "it's time to submit" to "it's time to bow down"....

The anime also didn't start by giving a explanation about how the gender roles have been reversed, and they changed some things like adding that girl and the boy being part of the Mato mishap, when they were never on the manga.
It also showed the other girls way earlier than in the manga, since there they only were introduced after Yuuki and Kyouka got the HQ, and so they have no idea how powerful Yuuki actually is.

The ecchi should come next episode tho.
Jan 4, 7:35 AM
Jul 2023
A decent blend of 3D and 2D animations, standard cast of characters, and arousing unusual circumstances. certainly looking forward to what depth if any will this series go.

The reward scene is just immaculate.
Jan 4, 7:37 AM

Dec 2017
LETS FUCKING GO BOYS, KNEEL DOWN BEFORE THE QUEENS AND ACCEPT YOUR FATE!!!!

Was a little rough around the start but goddamn it's so FINE where it matters. Good ed as well.
Jan 4, 7:37 AM
Jul 2023
MadanielFL said:
So the subs changed "it's time to submit" to "it's time to bow down"....

The anime also didn't start by giving a explanation about how the gender roles have been reversed, and they changed some things like adding that girl and the boy being part of the Mato mishap, when they were never on the manga.
It also showed the other girls way earlier than in the manga, since there they only were introduced after Yuuki and Kyouka got the HQ, and so they have no idea how powerful Yuuki actually is.

The ecchi should come next episode tho.

Muse Asia got the it right.
Jan 4, 7:39 AM

Aug 2017
Not the biggest fan of the cgi but I'm here mostly for the rewards and the kissing scene was good, in terms of ecchi it was tame but next episode will probably have more, if I remember the chapters correctly.Tenka got a lot of focus in the ed, not surprised haha.
redorzoJan 4, 7:43 AM
Jan 4, 7:43 AM

Feb 2021
Mainnus said:
They only have the censored version I assume...
Jan 4, 7:44 AM

Feb 2021
Ah yes, one of the anime I was looking forward to the most this season.
Oooh, the OP right away
醜鬼 (shuuki) - "ugly demon"
I can only hear Horikita in Kyouka lol. Love her voice regardless.
I'm really liking the soundtrack!
The ED is good! I wonder who the short-haired girl is, she didn't appear this episode.
Awesome first episode. I don't mind the CGI at all, I think it looks good. Both the action and fanservice moments were awesome. Gonna get a lot of nosebleeds while watching this one lol.
And people are saying that the actually ecchi will be from the next episode. Hmmmm looking forward to that.
EmbientJan 4, 8:44 AM
Jan 4, 7:45 AM
Jul 2023
MadanielFL said:
Mainnus said:
They only have the censored version I assume...

Unfortunately, yes.
Jan 4, 8:02 AM

Oct 2023
In a comparison with Mushoku Tensei (the only ecchi-categorized anime I watched), how heavy is the ecchi here compared to MT?
Honestly, I could just avoid watching another ecchi, but idk I ended up being interested in this.
Jan 4, 8:10 AM

Dec 2017
Reply to dazedcowcow62
In a comparison with Mushoku Tensei (the only ecchi-categorized anime I watched), how heavy is the ecchi here compared to MT?
Honestly, I could just avoid watching another ecchi, but idk I ended up being interested in this.
@dazedcowcow62 not sure but with what I gather from source readers it's comparable to high school DxD or maybe even beyond.
Jan 4, 8:13 AM
Dec 2022
the CGI was wonky but apart from that, it was a pretty interesting episode.
Jan 4, 8:17 AM

Jul 2020
not a bad start but that cgi... hopefully there's gonna be much more ecchi scenes in the future to keep my eyes distracted from this horrible cgi

also, find 10 differences
Jan 4, 8:19 AM
Jun 2020
Holy shiet it sucks
Jan 4, 8:24 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Everything other than the reward looked ugly and even then the reward was only decent, they had that big tongue shot but the bright lighting around it was awful.

Big fan of the OP song though.
Jan 4, 8:30 AM

Jul 2016
The dude's transformation into a slave looked way cooler than it had any right to be (don't take that out of context)

Can't help but feel Date a Live vibes from this, which isn't a bad thing. Probs gonna be the guilty pleasure show of the season lmao
Jan 4, 8:40 AM
Apr 2023
I hope they don’t make a habit of giving scenes a goofy filter like every other action harem. This series tone is what captured me and Episode 1 was suspect to say the least
Jan 4, 8:41 AM

Mar 2022
Hhm mixed feelings, have read the manga up to date and it is one of my favourites, the show does seem to be sticking to the manga but I don't know it feels a little "Budget" will see how it does as time goes on. Will be interested to see how much they cut out and what they keep. Really wish they would stop using CG or learn to do it well, I know its a cost thing and all so i get it. Either way enjoyed it enough so first episode is a 7 for me.
Jan 4, 8:42 AM
Apr 2023
Reply to Inexplicable
not a bad start but that cgi... hopefully there's gonna be much more ecchi scenes in the future to keep my eyes distracted from this horrible cgi

also, find 10 differences
@Inexplicable I don’t get the complaints about CGI usually but holy shit it was hard to witness. Mainly for Yuuki though the other scenes were good enough
Jan 4, 8:45 AM
Apr 2023
Reply to karrotStick
@dazedcowcow62 not sure but with what I gather from source readers it's comparable to high school DxD or maybe even beyond.
@karrotStick It has quite a bit of ecchi. The “gifts” Yuuki received in future battles is down right erotica.
Jan 4, 8:45 AM
Jan 2022
I have nothing more to say than this first episode is a big digrace for this manga. I hadn't the highest hopes of a good looking show after I saw the trailers, but this adaption is clearly even under my low expectations.
Bad CGI everywhere. They don't even tried to cover it somehow. It looks just awful straight in your face.
Jan 4, 8:48 AM
Apr 2023
Reply to kranzler123
I have nothing more to say than this first episode is a big digrace for this manga. I hadn't the highest hopes of a good looking show after I saw the trailers, but this adaption is clearly even under my low expectations.
Bad CGI everywhere. They don't even tried to cover it somehow. It looks just awful straight in your face.
@kranzler123 Kyouka’s sword animation looks good I don’t understand why it’s delegated to Yuuki only. Animation was all over the place
Jan 4, 8:53 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥰😍 🥰😍 🥰😍 🥰😍 🥰😤😤😤😤😤

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Jan 4, 8:53 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Takahiro, you genius son of a bitch, you have caught my attention once again lol

Him making this series THIS ecchi is a godsend because lord knows that I and many others wanted that for Akame ga Kill at some point during its serialization lol
Jan 4, 8:56 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Reply to dazedcowcow62
@dazedcowcow62

Mushoku tensei isn't even THAT ecchi...

its like a 4/10 ecchi wise

this is AT LEAST an 8-8.5/10
Jan 4, 8:56 AM

Dec 2022
Akame ga Kill meets Goddess Dormitory meets... something.

Femdom's not my thing, but I'll support Esdeath in her quest to exterminate the shitty CGI demons. Let's go!
MALoween 2023 Candy: ///
Jan 4, 9:05 AM
May 2022
It’s not bad. But the animation is inconsistent, especially the cgi.
Jan 4, 9:12 AM

Oct 2007
It's okay-ish at best, doesn't really translate good into screen. Will wait to see how the rest of the heroines look and probably will drop it and stick to manga.
Jan 4, 9:15 AM

Feb 2020
Big day for people who like being dominated (me)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Wait for the Blu-Rays?

mechian - Feb 25

16 by Nucleus69 »»
Today, 2:37 AM

Poll: » Mato Seihei no Slave Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 15

69 by eskrimpanas »»
May 29, 10:10 PM

» Marketing Scheme

DarkHomieC - Feb 1

38 by SharonCollins »»
May 28, 1:15 AM

Poll: » Who is your favorite girl?

Shizuna - Mar 24

23 by Gator »»
May 23, 12:06 PM

» DxD ripoff

5hyguy - Feb 14

41 by Gator »»
May 23, 12:02 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.