Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 23, 2023 5:58 AM

Nov 2011
Ibara and Mozu really has no bounds of what they are capable of. Especially...Ibara, it seems the guy is intent on doing anything to accomplish his goals. The VA for Ibara played his character really well imo.

Despite the high stakes, it's funny how the episode still managed to mash in some comedy moments. Never change lol.
Nov 23, 2023 5:58 AM

May 2020
If anything, at the very least we saw Hyoga finally teaming up with Senku and co. during this mess… not out of any personal interest, but because he actually realized that was the right course of action from the start . So much for Moz being an inborn prodigy, I mean at the end of the day, Hyoga quite literally defeated him with that spear with a gold tip, and redeemed himself too.

Hyoga’s redemption aside, this man Ibara really is the lowest of the low. I mean not only did he petrify Yo(in some fashion… taking a dive from such a distance lol), but he fooled the entire bunch, making them run after Oarashi thinking he had the petrification device, when in fact not only Oarashi did not have the device but, he was just a scapegoat, so that these people would somehow make it to the centre of the island smh.

2000 metres, 15 seconds it was, and it literally engulfed the whole island… making EVERY SINGLE PERSON petrified, except one, or more like they sacrificed, just so he could foil the plans, once and for all. Goosebumps all around when we saw the second coming of the petrification, and with that ominous music.

Such a crazy episode, with such a sweet conclusion. It’s really Senku vs Ibara now, and Ibara needs to die. Anyways, guess the arc will end in the next episode.
Nov 23, 2023 6:19 AM

Dec 2021
Nice! With Senku's assistance, Hyouga successfully reconstructed his weapon, leading to the ultimate defeat of Mozu.

Taiki and his companions transported the stone head statue, revealing Ibara's malevolent actions in the open. Upon discovering the truth, Kirisame is petrified by Ibara. Simultaneously, Yo, armed with a gun, shoots the last bullet at Ibara, successfully acquiring the petrification device. Yo is delighted to possess the formidable weapon, but Ibara is determinedly attempting to reclaim it. Meanwhile, Hyoga, recently revived from petrification, faces a formidable challenge in his battle against Moz, who proudly showcases his inherent strength.

Yo managed to acquire the petrification device briefly, but unfortunately, that marks the conclusion of positive outcomes resulting from his actions. As for Ibara, is he truly invincible? There's a certainty that he possesses additional knowledge about the device. I'm curious about his endgame. The latest episode was incredibly tense and dynamic, with a touch of drama. Initially, I feared a disaster where most of the island's inhabitants would be petrified, but the current plot twist is even more intriguing. I certainly wouldn't wish to endure the petrification ray a second time. Dr. Stone tantalizes us with clues to unravel the unfolding events. The only downside is the disappointment that the megaphone didn't function as intended. It would have been incredibly satisfying.

Senku once again reaffirming his dominance in the realm of science. The clash of Science versus Medusa!

Nov 23, 2023 7:15 AM
Sep 2015
Each team science members have their own motives, so things will not exactly go as planned, in fact, it'll go quite opposite to the plan, but that's what make Dr. Stone unpredictable and exciting.
Nov 23, 2023 7:58 AM
Aug 2020
this was a great episode

i really enjoyed every sec

and the end of the episode, sekuuuuuu
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Nov 23, 2023 8:03 AM

Feb 2021
The speech about humans' ability to build upon past generations made me a bit emotional ngl. Love Dr. Stone moments like these.
The ending was intense af. Does anyone have an idea about how did Senku survive?
And the scene with the title of the next episode changed again! I'm thinking the text is hydrophobic coating.
Nov 23, 2023 8:21 AM
Oct 2016
Even with the medusa in hand things couldn't go that simple. Yo trying to use the petrification device without knowing how was very funny and also pointed out a glaring issue for the kingdom of science. They don't know how it works, we the audience do but not until Ukyo listens carefully do the rest of the characters know. Ibara proving how disciple of a villain he is by shoving the medusa down Orashi thought and telling him to run to the island center. Knowing there would be no easy task getting it far away, on top of all the time wasted catching up to Orashi. Finally getting him down but proving to be too late once the device starts activating. Hyoga managed to push Mozu back once he had his proper weapon. Proving that being naturally gifted as Mozu is will only get you so far compared to someone who's homed their craft from years of work and generations precious of knowledge. Who knows if they'll be revived again given how strong they are. All of the kingdom of science putting their faith in Senku with all the information they've been given about the medusa. Senku will have to use it all in this boss fight against Ibara!
Nov 23, 2023 8:41 AM
Jul 2014
This definitely feels like the best arc in the series so far.
Nov 23, 2023 8:44 AM

Dec 2022
This is soo sick !!! even tho I've read the manga 3 years now Dr stone never fails to make me exited

Sosoruze Kore waaaaaa
Nov 23, 2023 8:51 AM
Oct 2020
That was.. Wow, i have no words, it's soooo freaking good, every second was hype this episode, and that Medusa theme was also do freaking good
Nov 23, 2023 8:59 AM

Jan 2018
It's insane how one weapon could change the tide so much. I guess Hyoga is the master of his craft. That's why he won against brute strength like Moz.

Goddammit. I thought Yo was the MVP of the last episode but he had to just go and ruin all that with his stupidity. That was dumb.

How the hell did Senku survive?! Did he just use a revival fluid with a timer or they figured out some sort of hidden rule that everyone else missed?

Dr. STONE never fails to end with a great cliffhanger. But this episode's cliffhanger was the best of them all.

The episode itself was also really good. Probably the best episode so far. Can't wait for the next episode.
Nov 23, 2023 9:17 AM

Jun 2021
A really intense episode and the best one so far. I wonder what Senku did to have survived the petrification beam. Now it's one on one.
Nov 23, 2023 9:21 AM

Jul 2017
Yo has finally done the impossible: have the Medusa in his hands.

Moz and Hyoga continue their battle as Yo doesn't know how to control the Medusa, the latter literally running away from the former, which Senku and Co. have been preparing for this moment for their counter plan: through bamboo being a barrel and the golden spear emanating sunlight making for a far superior weapon that Hyoga has been perfecting through his years of practice, But Ibara reclaiming the Medusa and spawning his own petrification to alert Oarashi to come claim it as his own.

As Senku and Co. races to get the Medusa, Chrome had a glance of how it works, and its speed being constant, Ibara has him Obarashi locked up to petrify everyone within its 2km range. And its affects everyone on the island, with the victor being Ibara who escaped being the one unscathed. And indeed, it was Soyuz's father who got petrified, and he lived to tell the tale of his own tribe's betrayal, but it wasn't enough to stop Ibara. Even more surprising, is that Senku's mobile machine that had perfectly calculated the summoning.

In the end, it's Ibara vs. Senku, happy science vs. petrification, one-on-one. A thriller ride to the ending now...
Nov 23, 2023 9:39 AM

Oct 2009
...yeah, I'm curious about this one too. What kinda asspull could he do and why could he do it and why couldn't anyone else. Heavy lifting needed here.
Nov 23, 2023 9:56 AM

Oct 2023
damn what an interesting plot twist I am surely poeting for the next episode
Nov 23, 2023 10:47 AM

Jan 2009
one on one now between senku and ibara
Nov 23, 2023 11:05 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Damn, Ibara is one persistent bastard by forcing Oarashi to become a suicide bomb that ended up petrified the everyone on the island. Just when you think Ibara has won, Senku somehow survived the petrification attack and has figured out how Medusa works thanks to Chrome and Ukyo. Now it comes down to Ibara and Senku in a Last Man Standing match on the island for the Medusa weapon that this arc was building up to.

Can't wait for the next episode!!!

Nov 23, 2023 11:30 AM

Dec 2022
honestly this is quite intriguing there are a lot of things left to be explained in due time but a boss fight makes me excited
Nov 23, 2023 11:36 AM
Nov 2016
I think more then likely the Team used Chrome's knowledge of how fast the petrification field could expand to tell Senku that the car could out run the beam. The car can even go into the water to be extra safe. He certainly didn't revive himself because he still has cracks. Everyone who has been revived a second time has had their cracks healed leaving only Senku and Gen to have them. Now that Gen has been petrified a second time he wont have them once he's revived.
Nov 23, 2023 12:03 PM

Feb 2019
Man the look on Ibara’s face and that scream when he realised senku survived was perfect. Seeing that POS breakdown after using his own people as fodder was great. Let’s see how tough he is on his own now.

Definitely the most intense and fun episode of this second cour so far. And we still haven’t reached the peak 🙏🏾 they’re really cooking
Nov 23, 2023 12:17 PM
May 2021
Reply to otakuweek
this was a great episode

i really enjoyed every sec

and the end of the episode, sekuuuuuu
@otakuweek defo is, coming from a manga reader!
Nov 23, 2023 12:18 PM
May 2021
Sensational ep!! Woww adapted perfectly man, Senku is just the goat of science!!
Nov 23, 2023 1:04 PM

Dec 2013
What an episode, everyone showing the field they are the best at, Hyoga fully trusting Senku, even Chrome got to be the last minute hero thanks to his incredible perception, man, that moment when you see the speaker and realize what was Senku's plan was incredible, my jaw dropped and even if it didn't work it is so good to see that this is it, the battle of the generals 1 vs 1, Ibara is a real piece of shit.

Turns out Soyuz is the result of generations of selective breeding.
Nov 23, 2023 1:09 PM

Feb 2014
I'm impressed with Hyoga. He still fought his hardest, even though his borrowed weapon wasn't to his specialty. Thankfully, he chose the right time to get some distance from Moz, just so he could reunite with Senku's group, where Magma threw a piece of hollow bamboo onto the spear, which helped to turn the tide of the fight, where Hyoga could finally use his technique to finally defeat Moz once and for all.

Meanwhile, Yo went and screwed up. His confusion on how the Medusa works gave Ibara the perfect opportunity to take the Medusa, petrify Yo and then feed it to Oorashi before telling him to run to the middle of the island, which in effect made him into an island-wide petrification blast which slowly engulfed everyone...

...Unless you were named Senku, of course! His entrance, completely unscathed, was very satisfying, as it made Ibara lose his mind, also helped by his hilarious facial expressions. XD

Now it's truly a one-on-one battle between the two men. It's going to be a hype battle of brainpower and muscle, so I highly look forward to seeing how it'll play out.
Nov 23, 2023 2:00 PM

Feb 2019
There were times during seasons 1 and 2 where I thought the show was getting boring, but this entire arc has just been incredible. The entire episode had me on the edge of my seat and I've never been more excited for more Dr. Stone
"Do you believe in gravity?"
Nov 23, 2023 2:02 PM

Feb 2012
Thanks to Senku, Hyoga's now able to do a martial art he was trained in with his Kudayari spear to burst him back into action against Moz. Just as Senku turned the rest of Empire of Might to the Kingdom of Science's side by re-inventing/discovering what they held dear to their hearts from the pre-Stone World. Standing on the shoulders of giants is something both Senku and Hyoga know about.

Such slick and cunning moves, physically and mentally! Ibara's voice-command as he fell into the waters only to be frightened when Senku's little experiment when he thought he was the last one left.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Nov 23, 2023 2:36 PM

Nov 2016
Sheesh, the most intense Dr. Stone has been so far?

Ibara is a cunning bastard. He got the Kingdom of Science good, yet in their lasts moments before petrification them and Senku managed to outdo him.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 23, 2023 2:53 PM

Jun 2020
Stone Age Jafar was particularly nasty this episode with his expressions. Glad that Senku outsmarted him.

"Don't let your memes be dreams."- Ancient Japanese proverb, probably
Nov 23, 2023 3:08 PM
Jul 2023
dr stone is at the very least in my top 3 anime bro, omg this whole plot is just so so good, and the action and mystery in these last episodes has been PEAK. everything is so creative, exciting and leaves you THIRSTING for the next episode, i love this anime so much! this episode was just peak too, pure hype!
Nov 23, 2023 3:43 PM

Apr 2022
mecha senku at the scene eh.
Nov 23, 2023 4:41 PM

Apr 2015
How do why supposed to wait an entire week after this episode.

Can't wait to see how things will resolve in this arc.
Nov 23, 2023 4:45 PM

Dec 2018
I want this arc to end as quickly as possible; I simply cannot stand it anymore.
Nov 23, 2023 5:08 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Man, now that was a hype episode. First off, me and my friend discussed what would happen with Yo since he got the Medusa device, and we ended up being right that he would fuck it up somehow lol, it’s another situation where one of the worst possible characters to have an important item has said item lol. And I was pleasantly surprised by the Moz and Hyoga fight being continued, I thought it was over and done with last episode but it continued on and Hyoga actually overpowered Moz when he got his signature weapon back, and pairing that with Hyoga’s speech about humanity building upon past generations was just perfection, that was a great way to see Moz finally get beaten.

And unfortunately Ibara ended up stoning the entire island as he initially planned, it was definitely sad seeing everyone get stoned including those that were just recently brought back, but with all the information we have about the Medusa device it was enough for Senku to somehow survive. I don’t know what the explanation is gonna be but the moment where Senku scared Ibara with the radio transmission was so good, and now we have a final one on one confrontation, I don’t think it’ll be a typical shonen battle so I’m definitely looking forward to seeing what happens next.
Nov 23, 2023 5:10 PM
Dec 2022
The history of Soyuz was like a myth. It's a story about losing the throne to an evil person and then getting it back. What differs from the myth is that the people who lead him there are scientists, not wizards. That's what I like most about Dr.STONE. It may be that the wizards who appear in myths were actually scientists.
Nov 23, 2023 5:17 PM
Jul 2017
how did senku finesse surviving? did he use revival fluid at a specific time
Nov 23, 2023 6:39 PM

Mar 2020
Damn. I really hate that fcking Ibara. HAHAHA I'm glad Senku-kun is alive. the reaction of Ibara hahah i want to torture this dirty rat.
Oppai check!

111 cm: Hancock
110 cm: Zoro
100 cm: Robin
Nov 23, 2023 6:44 PM

Mar 2021
Ahh Yoh's triumph was short-lived, should've swam away from Ibara ASAP and made sure the Medusa (awesome name) stayed with the Kingdom of Science. :/

I'm really liking the pacing, nothing feels too rushed or dragged out and this episode's cliffhanger hypes up the next episode ^^

The masters choosing wives based on their memory so the kid can memorize the 100 tales is super iffy, gives off Endeavor vibes—what about Kohaku and her sister, who also has to memorize the 100 tales??
Nov 23, 2023 6:54 PM

Aug 2019
This ep was the culmination of all the hype, prep, and buildup of the season. Absolute masterclass from Dr. Stone as usual
EmperorRequiemNov 23, 2023 7:03 PM
Ding Dong Your Opinion's Wrong!
Nov 23, 2023 7:06 PM

Jan 2021
How did Senku survive that what was the trick
Nov 23, 2023 7:32 PM

Jan 2017
Exciting! That fight between Hyouga and Moz are so cool! I'm curious to know how Senku survived the petrification beam
Nov 23, 2023 8:33 PM

Oct 2019
Just like that repulsive sleazeball Ibara I do not get how Shenku could have avoided petrification. The only info he had was that the petrification beam was growing at a steady speed, but he did not outrun it; I mean... he wasn't even running from it, and even if he tried it would be impossible to outrun it.

I really hope this will be explained in the next episode and not swept under the carpet. That would be extremely disappointing.

Could a counter-measure be conceived on-the-fly just by knowing the expansion rate of the beam? Both standing still and running from it gets you petrified as we've seen. Perhaps Shenku ran toward it? Would that be in any way relevant to the expansion rate of the beam?

Nope, I just realized how he must have done it:
Shenku estimated via the expansion rate of the beam the time it would reach him.
He was petrified, but he prepared a bottle with unpetrification fluid to trickle over him so that he gets unpetrified.

Trickle slowly, not pour, to account for the unknown time the beam would last (otherwise he risked getting petrified again). So the trickle rate of the bottle was the key. It needed to be held at just the right angle. But Shenku could calculate it in seconds as we all know. That's the only way I can think of.

Another mystery is why did he let Ibara get Medusa. Shenku was much closer, so could easily get it from the muscle-head. Setting a trap for Ibara makes no sense, since if he had Medusa he could use it directly on him, rather than resorting to his radio.

It should have been expected that the useless ex cop would crap on the only good thing he did in the entire show. That was kind of predictable, since the OP sequence spoils that the entire isle was petrified.
SharpedonNov 23, 2023 8:52 PM
Nov 23, 2023 8:37 PM

Aug 2015
this episode is actually SO GOOD.. action, story line, EVERYTHING.
Nov 23, 2023 8:39 PM
Nov 2019
Should've expected Yo to screw up somehow. I'm glad the fight between Moz and Hyuga didn't just end last episode.
Nov 23, 2023 9:02 PM

Oct 2019
Reply to ApocalypSnow
Ahh Yoh's triumph was short-lived, should've swam away from Ibara ASAP and made sure the Medusa (awesome name) stayed with the Kingdom of Science. :/

I'm really liking the pacing, nothing feels too rushed or dragged out and this episode's cliffhanger hypes up the next episode ^^

The masters choosing wives based on their memory so the kid can memorize the 100 tales is super iffy, gives off Endeavor vibes—what about Kohaku and her sister, who also has to memorize the 100 tales??
ApocalypSnow said:

Both the inhabitants of the isle and the others in Japan are derived from the astronauts who survived the original petrification of Earth, so having similar traditions -until Ibara's coup- makes sense. What we do not yet know is how the ancestors of the isle where Soyuz landed, who remained behind, found Medusa.

As far as I recall the petrification beam of Earth originated in Antarctica. Did some of them travel there and found Medusa?
Nov 23, 2023 9:40 PM
Jan 2021
In my opinion the best episode so far, incredible.
Nov 23, 2023 9:51 PM

Aug 2019
Senku ain’t falling for the trick twice
Nov 23, 2023 10:03 PM

Sep 2018
Wow, that was intense. Yes the story and logic are being played more loosely in this season, but what makes it for me is the beautiful soundtrack and the insane expressions and voice acting for Ibara.

I think I've figured out how Senku got away, but I won't risk getting muted or possibly spoiling it for anyone else.
Nov 23, 2023 10:05 PM
Mar 2015
Time for the one on one boss fight
Nov 23, 2023 10:08 PM

Jan 2011
When things are bleak, Senku always has a plan. Also this villain has been on point.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Nov 23, 2023 10:11 PM

Feb 2016
Uei fucked it up, no surprises there.

So, Medusa activates by saying coordinates, lame, I thought it activated by using fkng english lmaooo it's so funny tp me that every time someone uses it they have to stop and start talking in english.

Btw how was Ibara able to take that shot to his hand like it was nothing? lol he should have died from the shock, that would have been more credible.
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dr. Stone: New World Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2023

99 by User-Name »»
May 20, 5:50 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone: New World Part 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2023

114 by User-Name »»
May 20, 5:24 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone: New World Part 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2023

136 by User-Name »»
May 20, 4:50 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone: New World Part 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2023

98 by User-Name »»
May 20, 3:11 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone: New World Part 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2023

70 by User-Name »»
May 20, 2:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.