Forums
New
Nov 16, 2023 10:59 AM
May 2022
Same question....
Nov 16, 2023 11:07 AM

Jan 2017
Emad0140 said:
If I watch Fate Stay night do i have to watch UBW or are they the same?

You have to watch both of them , on top of the Heaven's Feel Trilogy.
Those 3 Animes uses the same characters and starts the same , but diverge greatly because of a different choice/development of the protagonist.

Fate/Stay Night (2006) develop Shirô and Saber. It's basically the introduction to everything , and is about the dream of Shirô.
Fate/Stay Night : Unlimited Blade Works develop Shirô , Archer and Rin. It confronts Shirô to the reality of his dream , and what it would mean to him.
Fate/Stay Night : Heaven's Feel develop Shirô , Kirei , Illya and Sakura. It forces Shirô to abandon his dream.

The 2006 Anime and Unlimited Blade Works feels very complete even as stand-alone , but they were meant to be experienced as 3 storylines. (It's 1 story splitted into 3 series.)

If you want to speedrun (literally no point in doing that...) , you can watch only Unlimited Blade Works. It compacted the whole development of Saber into around 30 seconds in one of the last episode , and the one of Shirô is satisfying enough to not warrant a run of the 2006 Anime.
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Nov 16, 2023 11:20 AM
Oct 2019
The 2006 FSN and UBW have completely different stories. Each of the 3 routes, Fate, UBW, and Heaven’s Feel have different stories that focus on different characters and have different themes. Or more accurately it has the same characters and start on the same place as each other, but they get different amounts of spot light depending on the route. Plus, the original 2006 anime isn’t a well made show, nor does it compare to what represents Fate now with newer shows such as UBW.
Sibs_ArtNov 16, 2023 11:31 AM
Nov 16, 2023 12:03 PM
Nov 2023
Reply to Sibs_Art
The 2006 FSN and UBW have completely different stories. Each of the 3 routes, Fate, UBW, and Heaven’s Feel have different stories that focus on different characters and have different themes. Or more accurately it has the same characters and start on the same place as each other, but they get different amounts of spot light depending on the route. Plus, the original 2006 anime isn’t a well made show, nor does it compare to what represents Fate now with newer shows such as UBW.
@Sibs_Art
Absolutely, you're spot on about the distinctions between the 2006 Fate/stay night (FSN) and Unlimited Blade Works (UBW) adaptations. Each of the three routes (Fate, UBW, and Heaven’s Feel) offers a unique narrative focus, delving into different characters and themes. While they share the same starting point and characters, the spotlight shifts dynamically depending on the route. The original 2006 anime BlueWhatsapp, in comparison, isn't considered a well-crafted show, especially when compared to the more recent UBW adaptation. The evolution in storytelling and production quality in newer Fate adaptations, like UBW, showcases the series in a much more refined and engaging light.
Nov 16, 2023 12:50 PM
Aug 2021
They are very different only how facts are performed, mainly since rider appears.
Nov 16, 2023 2:52 PM
Seigi no Mikata

Sep 2021
Only the first half is similar, the rest is a mess that mixes up both 3 routes. So yeah, you still need to watch UBW after this.
Nov 16, 2023 6:37 PM
Jun 2014
Alexioos95 said:
Emad0140 said:

Those 3 Animes uses the same characters and starts the same , but diverge greatly because of a different choice/development of the protagonist.

Fate/Stay Night (2006) develop Shirô and Saber. It's basically the introduction to everything , and is about the dream of Shirô.
Fate/Stay Night : Unlimited Blade Works develop Shirô , Archer and Rin. It confronts Shirô to the reality of his dream , and what it would mean to him.
Fate/Stay Night : Heaven's Feel develop Shirô , Kirei , Illya and Sakura. It forces Shirô to abandon his dream.

The 2006 Anime and Unlimited Blade Works feels very complete even as stand-alone , but they were meant to be experienced as 3 storylines. (It's 1 story splitted into 3 series.)

If you want to speedrun (literally no point in doing that...) , you can watch only Unlimited Blade Works. It compacted the whole development of Saber into around 30 seconds in one of the last episode , and the one of Shirô is satisfying enough to not warrant a run of the 2006 Anime.

The best breakdown I've seen. Great job. Completely agree.
Nov 16, 2023 8:48 PM
Nov 2015
This is a bait post for sure
Nov 17, 2023 2:54 AM
Apr 2022
Alexioos95 said:
Emad0140 said:

Dude he just ask for directions for the entire road map, don't spoil the newbies just show them the way.

And you're talking from the view of someone who's clearly watched the so the newbies won't understand what really happened in the
Last episode, character development or who saber is.
Nov 17, 2023 5:18 AM

Jan 2017
Pendragon572 said:
Dude he just ask for directions for the entire road map, don't spoil the newbies just show them the way.

He literally did not tho ?

And i didn't spoiled anything.
I just mentioned which characters would be developped in the Route , and gave the general direction of the plot of the Route.

Pendragon572 said:
the newbies won't understand what really happened in the

Uh... ?

I don't understand what you mean by "what really happened in the Last episode".
There is no secret in it , and i didn't even talked about it , anyway.

Are you seriously telling me that people who didn't watched the Fate Series doesn't know what "character development" mean ?

And everyone know who's Saber. She's literally the mascot of the franchise , and makes products sell even to those who aren't familiar with her.
Worst than all , her real identity is a fact very commonly known by people who doesn't even know what the Fate Series is...
It's not even considered a spoil , when it originally should have been a good plot twist.

And all of that is without even taking into account that the OP had already watched 3/4 of the 2006 Anime...
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

– Alexioos95.
Nov 17, 2023 6:15 AM
Apr 2022
Alexioos95 said:
Pendragon572 said:

I just mentioned which characters would be developped in the Route , and gave the general direction of the plot of the Route.

Pendragon572 said:

Uh... ?

Are you seriously telling me that people who didn't watched the Fate Series doesn't know what "character development" mean ?

And everyone know who's Saber. She's literally the mascot of the franchise , and makes products sell even to those who aren't familiar with her.
Worst than all , her real identity is a fact very commonly known by people who doesn't even know what the Fate Series is...
It's not even considered a spoil , when it originally should have been a good plot twist.

And all of that is without even taking into account that the OP had already watched 3/4 of the 2006 Anime...

OK first of all,
By "the last episode" was just an example of a spoiler people might give.
And I didn't mean the word itself when I said "character development".
If you just say person A gets character development in that season, what do you expect as an answer, "oh character development eh, I totally get it" I mean if you just say character development and don't say in what way wouldn't it just be bait to watch it and if you explain it, then it's a spoiler,
Yep, that's a good way to corner yourself.

And if you say that " everyone knows who saber is even they haven't seen it".
I answer would be "don't underestimate humans".
I myself am an example coz although I am fimiler the legend of the king, I didn't know that she was in the show, infact didn't even know what does "saber" even mean..
I hadn't even heard of something called fate before watching it.
All I did is watch a you tube video that saw some blades and cool effects so I read the name and checked the summery and if the Mc is male or not. That's how I found out about fate.

P. S:I don't got anything against you man, just clearing things up.
Nov 17, 2023 7:16 AM

Jan 2017
Pendragon572 said:
I mean if you just say character development and don't say in what way wouldn't it just be bait to watch it and if you explain it, then it's a spoiler

Of course it's a bait.

We are talking about a story that use the system of Route. Without bait , it simply wouldn't work.
Why do you think we commonly refer the Route as "<Insert Heroine> Route" ?

Pendragon572 said:
And if you say that " everyone knows who saber is even they haven't seen it". I answer would be "don't underestimate humans".

Yeah , there'll always be people who goes completely blind.

But the question would then be : "Why the heck are you reading a forum about a very specific question ?".
In the best case you'll just not understand much , in the worst you'll be spoiled as heck.

Here , my reply is destined to the OP , who did watched the 2006 Anime , and know which character is who. I also phrased it so that it does not spoil anything , while also limiting the knowledge necessary. (The lurker will be able to understand what i said by watching literally 2 episodes.)

If a problem occur with a lurker , the fault is on him for looking at a thread that is not destined to/made by him...
It's the same for the people who read the discussions of episodes they did not watched yet.
Alexioos95Nov 17, 2023 7:29 AM
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

– Alexioos95.
Nov 17, 2023 8:27 AM
Apr 2022
Alexioos95 said:
Pendragon572 said:
I mean if you just say character development and don't say in what way wouldn't it just be bait to watch it and if you explain it, then it's a spoiler

Of course it's a bait.

We are talking about a story that use the system of Route. Without bait , it simply wouldn't work.
Why do you think we commonly refer the Route as "<Insert Heroine> Route" ?

Pendragon572 said:
And if you say that " everyone knows who saber is even they haven't seen it". I answer would be "don't underestimate humans".

Yeah , there'll always be people who goes completely blind.

But the question would then be : "Why the heck are you reading a forum about a very specific question ?".
In the best case you'll just not understand much , in the worst you'll be spoiled as heck.

Here , my reply is destined to the OP , who did watched the 2006 Anime , and know which character is who. I also phrased it so that it does not spoil anything , while also limiting the knowledge necessary. (The lurker will be able to understand what i said by watching literally 2 episodes.)

If a problem occur with a lurker , the fault is on him for looking at a thread that is not destined to/made by him...
It's the same for the people who read the discussions of episodes they did not watched yet.

Ok----------------------
Nov 17, 2023 8:58 AM

Feb 2016
Reply to Alexioos95
Pendragon572 said:

Pendragon572 said:

Uh... ?

Alexioos95 said:

Even if one doesn't know who Saber is, I don't see how anything you said can be considered objectionable.
その目だれの目?
Nov 22, 2023 1:10 AM
Dec 2015
UBW and Heaven's feel are alternate routes to the same Holy Grail War. They are vastly different. You can choose to expand your experience by watching UBW and Heaven's Feel movie trilogy.

I would recommend watching Fate Zero first tho if you haven't already.
Dec 2, 2023 5:38 PM
Jan 2021
They are the same overall story, but told like polar opposites. UBW is the best, stay night is still good. I suggest you watch fate then UBW.”

More topics from this board

» Order

Shadow__-Monarch - May 4

23 by Alexioos95 »»
May 7, 10:45 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

TuzoAnime - Jun 16, 2008

83 by FedeMetal »»
May 5, 6:50 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

DaBigD - Oct 3, 2008

137 by FedeMetal »»
May 1, 6:08 PM

» VN fan are annoying as Hell

chevalierkraken - Apr 23

30 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 27, 10:20 AM

» Why do people consider 2006 Fate/Stay Night anime bad?

zckfox - May 13, 2023

45 by chevalierkraken »»
Apr 25, 10:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.