Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jan 25, 10:41 AM
Dec 2020
i knew she looked way too young... what i don't get is why the creators put this line in.. even if this is historically inspired, they clearly state at the beginning of each episode that the story isn't depicting real events. so even if it wasn't rare for such young girls to be concubines or lovers to people in power, it is totally unnecessary to make her be only 9 when starting.

unless there's some secret plot like she's actually an illegitimate daughter of the previous emeror or some other important person and they just disguised her as a concubine to protect her or the emperor from the shame and never actually tauched her. in fiction that is supposed to be cute and romantic and all i don't see why they would feel the need to make her a literal child otherwise.
Jan 28, 4:02 AM

Jul 2023
猫猫's tomboyish voice makes it sound like she's bored by being overpowered.

Anyway, her voice is similar to that one in Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear. It's another anime where the mc is overpowered. After doing some good deed, she gains some loyal followers, mostly lolis, and they become part of her 'harem' so to speak.

I now realise that this is similar to what's happening here. Whilst the OTP is Maōmaō and jinshi, she is slowly earning the trust of the emperor's concubines, and thereby making them part of her 'harem.' The latest would be that 15 yo concubine.
patkarununganJan 28, 4:06 AM
Feb 2, 12:22 PM
Aug 2014
Reply to CaptainKenshiro
I didn't understand who is the younger girl's mother in law, the other concubine? And I'd like to know what the hairpins are or what do they mean or what they are for.
@CaptainKenshiro The hairpins are like "Hallpasses" or "Get out of Jail Free" cards. You can give them back to the person that gave it to you to request some favor from them. Obviously the higher ranked people in the court will not willy nilly give one of their hairpins to anyone. So for Maomao to get 4 pins and 2 of them from very high ranking people is unheard of and shows that she is currying favor with the people of the court expectantly.
Feb 4, 12:31 PM

Sep 2014
Im surprised they dare to badmouth Maomao after she saved their concubine. And after she smacked them around lol
I guess they are jealous of her.

of course they had a minor concubine. And they managed to make it even more gross.
And the jealous lady in waiting nearly killed her, well thats the opposite side of the server spectrum I guess..

It only now hits me but I guess some women are just serving there willingly as a way to earn money?

The chinese military officers must have eyes likes eagles to spot her face from that far away.
Comander-07Feb 4, 12:54 PM
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Feb 18, 11:10 AM

Sep 2016
The characters are all really likeable
Feb 19, 4:47 PM
Oct 2020
Good myuijh5rghuihteedguihytt
Feb 27, 10:58 PM

Oct 2013
Beautiful looking party.

Maomao saved the day. And we could see the scene from the trailer, haha.

It looks like there's an intrigue going on in the palace. Next episodes should unveil more details about it.
Mar 10, 11:37 PM
Feb 2024
really enjoyable, mc isn't delusional or anything and she's a breath of fresh air
Mar 24, 1:00 AM

Jun 2020
Why does MaoMao always imagine Jinshi in gay situations 😂

This episode flew by. I'm really wondering what's going on with the wood tablets now. Also I found it funny how all the ladies in waiting from different concubines were talking shit to each other
Mar 30, 9:51 AM
Mar 2020
خلاااااااااااص
Apr 8, 4:59 AM

Jul 2013
Maomao really needs to be promoted, she's a genius. Anyway, a nine year old bride? I'll take the 35 year old milf lol
Apr 9, 10:03 PM
Feb 2024
it was good enough to hook me to bunk my school
Apr 13, 10:14 PM

Feb 2019
with the way maomao reacted, you'd think it was aphrodisiac that she ate. well, in her case, it might as well have been aphrodisiac since she got so excited when she tasted poison lol
May 1, 5:21 PM
Aug 2016
maomao is so good and tbh i love how real things feel sometimes
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kusuriya no Hitorigoto Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 17

244 by _Fishy_ »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Kusuriya no Hitorigoto Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Oct 21, 2023

162 by Jonsitoa »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Kusuriya no Hitorigoto Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23

257 by gabri-ns »»
May 14, 11:34 PM

Poll: » Kusuriya no Hitorigoto Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 16

203 by TheOtherJN »»
May 13, 6:12 AM

Poll: » Kusuriya no Hitorigoto Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 24

113 by badabass »»
May 11, 4:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.