Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 4, 2023 6:27 AM

Nov 2011
It seems that dragon is set as an example to test Will both mentally and physically in this season. It's one of the hardest challenges he's faced.

Also nice to see Robina back again and she has great chemistry with Will.
Nov 4, 2023 6:53 AM

Dec 2021
Stagnate eh? Haven't heard that name in a while.

In the Beast Woods, the incident involving the "Undying Undead" was a trap set by the immortal god Stagnate's "Herald" to lure Will in. Stagnate, wary of Will's vigilance, claimed to have come only to advise him to avoid a battle with the wicked dragon Valakiaka and to gather strength instead. At that moment, Valakiaka's roar echoed through the forest.

Ru's dedication to training has clearly yielded impressive results. He effortlessly overpowered his entire clan. While I understand the concerns of the dwarves, Ru's perspective is valid. With Will, Menel, Ru, Reystov, and Ghelreis on our side, we should have a strong enough force to face Valacira. Will's goddess is still as beautiful as ever I see.

It's wonderful to be reunited with Bee after what feels like a long time. She's still as charming as I remember.

Nov 4, 2023 7:39 AM
Mar 2021
People are sleeping on this gem. As expected of anime community.

Lou once again doesn't disappoint me. Man, I wanna see Stagnate's true form so badly.
Nov 4, 2023 7:55 AM

Feb 2021
Revelations are supposed to be always true right? Then Will is supposed to die fighting the dragon. I wonder what'll happen.
Nov 4, 2023 9:06 AM

Dec 2017
Stagnate taking a liking to to our mc? Is that what they call a bad omen?

Shimura27 said:
The novel, sure but the anime is as bad as they are thinking.
❝Kabo-chan is ran by the MAL staff team and does not respond to individual comments made on her profile.❞
I was immensely devastated.
Nov 4, 2023 9:10 AM

Jul 2008
Will of the dwarves
Promise of death, by the god of the undead
Demon and the hireling one eyed dragon...

This is giving me some great Lord of the Ring vibes, a true adventure.

Since all they know if that the dragon has lost an eye so far, they might aim for the other eye to blind it, seems like the best bet.

But they don't know anything about the demon and whatever army it has there. Now I feel like playing oldschool RPGs... lol

Nov 4, 2023 11:03 AM
Oct 2010
I like the dynamic between Gracefeel and Will as goddess and paladin in this episode. He gets an omen from Stagnate promising his death, undergoes a crisis of conviction and fear where he seeks guidance or a sign from her, but it's ultimately the dwarves, Ru's courage, and Menel's commentary that motivate him to move forward as he feels he should, deciding to slay the dragon. Then, and only then, once the paladin has chosen his path, does Gracefeel appear, giving her blessing and support for the choice that he made despite his very human weakness and potential of dying in the process. Affirmation rather than command, it's a very endearing approach.
Nov 4, 2023 11:50 AM

Sep 2013
Ru is already another man, great chara dev for that courageous dwarf, i felt bad for the elders they want to die to their kings side instead of wandering countries that are not their own, also i like how William while being extremely powerful can also feel despair, its no easy task slaying a dragon, it will probably be Bee's most legendary tale

Anyhow i love how this story takes itself seriously, its abreathing between all these meme isekais, its lore is good, i wonder if we'll see other gods heroes someday and i feel like there's a lot of stories to tell

Deep dark fantasies
Nov 4, 2023 11:52 AM

Sep 2013
Reply to Shimura27

Lou once again doesn't disappoint me. Man, I wanna see Stagnate's true form so badly.
@Shimura27 they truly are but there's a lot of isekai/vrmmo this season, sousou no frieren seems to have taken the lead, idk if its good but the rating seems to indicate it is
Deep dark fantasies
Nov 4, 2023 1:52 PM

Mar 2010
Huh I expected more training or a army being put together but they really just plan to go together like dat.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Nov 4, 2023 5:16 PM

Nov 2012
So! Will is strong enough to throw a giant over his shoulder like a ragdoll. Well, ok. Gracefeel's light is doing the thing.
Nov 4, 2023 6:41 PM
Apr 2023
This is probably the episode with the most air time for a female character, and it's Wil's heroine, Gracefeel (CV: Yuki Aoi). Can't wait for him to confess to her.
Nov 4, 2023 8:46 PM
Mar 2015
Its dragon stomping time
Nov 5, 2023 1:20 AM

Sep 2009
Reply to dragynfaerie
So! Will is strong enough to throw a giant over his shoulder like a ragdoll. Well, ok. Gracefeel's light is doing the thing.
@dragynfaerie apparently it has nothing to do with Gracefeels blessing but more with the gods bread Mary fed to him all hi childhood.
Nov 5, 2023 5:25 AM
Mar 2019
This is the sort of balanced storytelling that I've been waiting for: action plus plot. More.
Nov 5, 2023 2:16 PM

Oct 2017
A lot better than previous few episodes, set up the upcoming big fight nicely. Looking forward to it. Great to see Gracefeel and the priestess girl again btw.
Nov 5, 2023 7:31 PM
Feb 2015
Looks like my theory of Vindalfr (Ru) being the last king of the dwarves of the Rusty Mountains is true. I think a priority for Will and his dragon slaying party, is to find that sword that injured that dragon Valacirca. The sword of Calldawn.
Nov 6, 2023 2:37 AM
Feb 2022
Is is just me or have Anna had sexhead lately?
Nov 6, 2023 8:10 AM
Sep 2023
This show has given me a new anime experience: it’s made me religious! HAIL GRACEFEEL, GODDESS OF LIGHT!!!
While it often get’s slow fairly often, the story always carries me through and i like that it’s barely an isekai anymore with only occasional passing reference to William’s previous life. I hope this season’s big boss battle is as epic as it’s being built up to be!!
Nov 7, 2023 2:55 AM
Jan 2016
Reply to karrotStick
Stagnate taking a liking to to our mc? Is that what they call a bad omen?

Shimura27 said:
The novel, sure but the anime is as bad as they are thinking.
@karrotStick I think I'm in line with you atm. Haven't started Ep 5 because I've been so kicked out of it by S2 so far and am just in here to see if things are actually getting better or not.

It sucks because I did really like S1 but S2 has been so bad that I might drop it.
Nov 7, 2023 3:36 AM

Apr 2020
I think this is the best episode of the series, well adapted and well paced. Also cool stuff is building up.
ow + nw = 90-2000s

Nov 7, 2023 8:03 AM

Feb 2015
A better episode the week from The Faraway Sausage Fest. Stagnate is an interesting character but the pacing is still on the slow side. Much better than the first few episodes.
Nov 8, 2023 3:34 AM
Jun 2007
William and Lou met Stagnate Herald.
A brief history by Stagnate Herald on wicked dragon Valakiaka.
Now they are preparing to defect wicked dragon.
Nov 12, 2023 6:59 AM

Jul 2017
Stagnate comes to Will and Ru as a Herald and not an Echo, though the God of Undead is just a messenger this time to bring the relevation of the God's Sickle, the evil dragon Valacirca. Which is the same myth Will heard from Gus, though with more information this time about the linkage to the dwarven warriors, which proved their valiant battle against the dragon itself, once defeated and retreated to the Rust Mountains, now had awakened through its Dragon Roar to beasts, to give them a surprise attack as a sign of foreshadowing to come. Even a forest giant, Gangr of the Joutnn, gets pulverized, but not to the point of death for Will to understand its position. Nevertheless, Stagnate's warning should get Will to think long and hard about protecting the people in Torch Port, much less the beasts coming from Beast Woods, after Bishop Bagley's letter.

As much as the dwarven warriors want to fight and die for their loyalty to their late king Aurvangr, their 200 years of misery only to learn that Valacirca still lives create even more disappointment than whatever they have accomplished. But Ru is determined to change the landscape of the last remaining remnants of the Iron Mountains, which gives Will the encouragement and confidence to slay the dragon. There's Will, Menel, Ru and the dwarven warriors, and even Reystov, but defeating this dragon is not going to be a cakewalk. Bee gets the story going by creating her song, and with the Goddess empowering Will, the signal is a go.

All systems go, to slay the evil dragon.
Nov 12, 2023 4:02 PM
Apr 2021
tiene tan buena direccion que aunque no haya accion entretiene
Nov 14, 2023 9:43 AM

Oct 2019
Will Will prevail against such a foe or will he die?
Dec 26, 2023 8:44 PM
Dec 2022
Will demonstrates what courage is. An uncertain outcome fighting the dragon and yet he chooses to go anyway. Look forward to see how this all unravels.
Feb 9, 9:02 AM

Dec 2020
Best and most engaging episode so far.
While the rest have been good they have been fairly slow and peaceful.
Mar 30, 10:41 PM
Mar 2020
nothing special in this epsiode

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saihate no Paladin: Tetsusabi no Yama no Ou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2023

58 by Talamare »»
May 21, 9:55 PM

Poll: » Saihate no Paladin: Tetsusabi no Yama no Ou Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2023

33 by alex140 »»
May 15, 12:52 PM

» Anime vs manga

Hugowolf - Apr 12

0 by Hugowolf »»
Apr 12, 2:40 PM

Poll: » Saihate no Paladin: Tetsusabi no Yama no Ou Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2023

30 by welcome2atlantis »»
Mar 20, 6:44 AM

Poll: » Saihate no Paladin: Tetsusabi no Yama no Ou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Oct 21, 2023

50 by welcome2atlantis »»
Mar 19, 4:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.