Mar 2023
add_it said:
i prefer oregairu than this, Hyouka is too boring narative

I prefer Akira to Oregairu.
Oct 31, 2023 10:45 AM
Mar 2022
Jai_akash said:
I am a guy have minimal time to watch anime so is it really worth the time
Asking because of anime tag had slice of life genra (i don't into slice of life)

Anime is really good, but it depends on taste as well, it has mystery, slice of life and romance elements added by the end of the season
Not the best that I have watched but not bad either, quite a unique anime
I liked it so much that I even go to continue it by reading Light novel
8/10 for me
I would recommend it!!!!!
Depends on taste, try it, if you like first 5-6 episodes then good, continue it otherwise drop it
(but ik you won't drop it since its not bad)

I think you should just watch few episodes to actually decide cause every anime has haters, I mean an anime can't be considered good unless it has some haters who burn out of jealousy by its popularity
The more people will comment the more will be view points
In the end it all depends on you so just watch a episode or two instead of wasting time reading those good for nothing comments
Anime_avidOct 31, 2023 10:54 AM
Oct 31, 2023 10:48 AM
May 2023
Jai_akash said:
Asking because of anime tag had slice of life genra (i don't into slice of life)

it's boring don't watch
Oct 31, 2023 10:49 AM
Mar 2023
SoulessAnime said:
Jai_akash said:

can you tell me it's English name or send MAL link i can't find it

it's My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU in English (I think)
imo it's just a worse version of Hyouka since the character writing definitely isn't as good. I also generally dislike Harems/Ecchi though and it's kinda like an edgy Harem version of Hyouka

But yeah since you don't like SoL and seem to enjoy Shounen a lot you might like it better

Oregairu isn't a worse version of Hyouka because it's has very little in common with Hyouka, aside from their main characters looking vaguely similar and being voiced by Adam Gibbs in dubs. Hyouka isn't a romantic comedy. It's barely either. It is funny at times, but it's not a comedy, and it touches on relationships, but it's not a romance. Hachiman and Oreki might seem superficially similar, but Oreki's problem is that he just finds the world exhausting, but he's not a misanthrope in any way. The rest of the core cast in no way aligns with Hyouka's, nor do the story or themes thereof. It's a weird comparison to even make.
Oct 31, 2023 11:17 AM
Mar 2023
DoctorBryce said:
bahimiron said:
If you don't like slice of life, then no, it's not for you. Hyouka is many things, but it is all of them at a slice of life pace. It is a 10/10 and one of the most beautifully animated anime I've ever seen, with gorgeous backgrounds that evoke its place and time more clearly than so many other shows, but it isn't fast and its mysteries aren't exactly thrilling.

10/10 couldn’t be further from the truth the whole plot is doing stuff that doesn’t matter at all and solving pointless “mysteries” sure the animation is good cause Its KyoAni but other than that this is mid asf

It's almost like different people have different opinions.
Oct 31, 2023 12:03 PM
Jul 2023
well its not solely slice of life, hyouka is a slice of life / mystery which are not genres you see co-mingled frequently. It has the relaxing, calming, lighthearted atmosphere of a typical slice of life paired perfectly with the intrigue and suspense of a detective mystery. Gorgeous animation and a superb English dub it's one of the best animes I've seen in the genre in a while.
Oct 31, 2023 1:10 PM
May 2023
Yes. If you like mystery, slice of life, and beautiful animation.

The stakes are not as high, as say, Moriarty. The mc is not as eccentric as Light. The story is not as emotional as Violet Evergarden.

But it is charming in it's own right. And it's a light-hearted watch beautifully drawn by Kyoto :)
Oct 31, 2023 1:13 PM

Jul 2022
Jai_akash said:

You probably won't enjoy much considering your profile picture and your favorites
Oct 31, 2023 5:35 PM
Jan 2023
This is my all time favorite show, so you should defenitely check it out.
Oct 31, 2023 7:08 PM
Mar 2021
Jai_akash said:

if you don't enjoy slice of life that you probably won't enjoy it but it also has mystery in it so I will say atleast try ep 1
Oct 31, 2023 7:13 PM
Jan 2022
It's worthwhile if you like mystery. I just liked it because of Chitanda
Oct 31, 2023 8:38 PM
Mar 2023
see it's completely about feeling I would say watch it in summer its completely a fruit of different situationships turned into salad of slice of life by knife of mystery
Oct 31, 2023 8:41 PM
Sep 2022
Maris333 said:
I loved how it is simple everyday mysteri. And the relations are kinda realistic for me.

That's called Slice of Life. I like it too!
But not everyone is into this genre.
Oct 31, 2023 8:58 PM

Aug 2020
If you are not into SoL and mystery, odds are it's not for you. The story follows a very interesting pattern, however it relies on dialogues and small hints that may not appeal to the major crowd. Personally speaking, I find Hyouka fascinating. It is one of the few anime series that I gave a full 10, but all in all you should find for yourself with these previous ideas in mind.

Oct 31, 2023 11:39 PM
Dec 2020
Boring af, no plot, characters are not relatable and forgettable
I wouldn't recommend this, especially since its 20+ episodes
Nov 1, 2023 2:54 AM

Aug 2020
yeah its a good show, but how can you watch one piece yet not have much time to watch anime lol?
Call me Ren
Nov 1, 2023 4:42 AM

Dec 2021
Jai_akash said:
Chronon said:
If you don't like SoL, then you shouldn't watch it. It's quite slow and does not have much romance either. It's mystery but to get into that you have to tolerate the SoL.

hey I am seeing you in every post i create.really thanks
(i am the guy who asked oshi-no ko and love is war worth watchingπŸ˜…)

Glad to help. It's fun to talk about anime and I like the MAL community. btw if you want to talk or something you can post a comment on my profile or DM me :)

Sorry, I'm not good with names. But I think I've seen you before. Are you that "Fugiwara" person?

"𝑰𝒇 π’‚π’π’šπ’•π’‰π’Šπ’π’ˆ, 𝑰 π’˜π’‚π’π’• 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆 π’”π’π’Žπ’†π’π’π’† π’˜π’‰π’ π’Œπ’π’π’˜π’” π’˜π’‰π’‚π’• 𝒔𝒉𝒆 π’˜π’‚π’π’•π’” 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆, 𝒐𝒓 π’Œπ’π’π’˜π’” π’˜π’‰π’‚π’• 𝒔𝒉𝒆 π’π’Šπ’Œπ’†π’”, 𝑰 π’ˆπ’–π’†π’”π’”?"
» [JELEE] «
0:00 〇────── 4:47
β†Ί |◁ II β–·| β™‘

Nov 1, 2023 9:47 AM
Nov 2022
Jai_akash said:
ilusatus said:

Slice of Life.
I thought thats how community say it, SoL.

no,i don't like SOL that's why i created this post

Then you’re looking at the wrong place.
Nov 1, 2023 1:22 PM

Aug 2021
yeah I mean anime mc is kinda smart ^_^ or op as some people call them ^_^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 1, 2023 2:05 PM
Jan 2019
The visuals are damn pretty but the characters bore me. Story was okay. Overall underwhelming. Not bad just boring.
Nov 1, 2023 6:10 PM

Sep 2018
If you don't like SOL, there's no way you'll enjoy this slow burner lol
Nov 1, 2023 9:04 PM
Sep 2019
There are two reasons to watch the show -

if you like side of life (which you don't)

and if you like gorgeous animation. It's a really beautiful show, and if you like to just soak up some really good animation, give it a shot anyway.
Nov 1, 2023 9:06 PM

Apr 2020
My dude...this is about 4 hours of your time. And that's if you binge the thing.
An Episode is about 24 Minutes long.

A novel idea....why don't you just watch an Episode and decide for yourself, busy-boy.
Nov 2, 2023 4:15 AM
Jan 2021
I would suggest watch oregairu first. Main chracter gives kind of similar vibes. rely more on mystery solving aspect. great show BTW but not for everyone.
Nov 2, 2023 4:59 PM

Jun 2020
its certainly a possibility that you might have a chance of liking this show in particular, maybe. who knows? its likely that you could.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 1, 2012

267 by Miedori »»
May 4, 10:12 AM

» No romance here

YuniVT - Mar 10

26 by KitsuFrost »»
Apr 28, 4:21 AM

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Aug 5, 2012

185 by Dasfonia »»
Apr 16, 9:53 PM

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - May 6, 2012

266 by Cammell »»
Apr 8, 1:27 PM

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Veronin - Apr 22, 2012

491 by Prosper20 »»
Apr 5, 7:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.