Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 31, 2023 5:58 AM
May 2022
I am a guy have minimal time to watch anime so is it really worth the time
Asking because of anime tag had slice of life genra (i don't into slice of life)
Jai_akashOct 31, 2023 6:13 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 31, 2023 6:07 AM
Nov 2017
You like SoL?
Its mystery, not comedy.
I say try the first arc, you can drop it after if its not your taste.
Oct 31, 2023 6:09 AM
May 2022
ilusatus said:
You like SoL?
Its mystery, not comedy.

Sol? . solution!?
Oct 31, 2023 6:10 AM
Jun 2022
i watched a while ago and was kind of disappointed, the mistery is not very good and everything is solved very quickly. 6/10 at best. If you dont have much time, i would say that there are much better high school animes out there
Oct 31, 2023 6:11 AM
Jun 2022
Jai_akash said:
ilusatus said:
You like SoL?
Its mystery, not comedy.

Sol? . solution!?

slice of life, that genre of anime
Oct 31, 2023 6:11 AM
Nov 2017
Jai_akash said:
ilusatus said:
You like SoL?
Its mystery, not comedy.

Sol? . solution!?

Slice of Life.
I thought thats how community say it, SoL.
Oct 31, 2023 6:14 AM
May 2022
ilusatus said:
Jai_akash said:

Sol? . solution!?

Slice of Life.
I thought thats how community say it, SoL.

no,i don't like SOL that's why i created this post
Oct 31, 2023 6:17 AM
Jan 2021
When I was in high school I watched it and didn't find the story itself SUPER interesting, but the characters (for me) kept me in it and really drove it home.
It depends on the type of person you are though. The only reason it hit so hard for me despite not generally caring for SoL is because Hotaro Oreki is the most I'd ever seen myself in a character and it felt like the writer really understood me with ever new conflict and emotion added. His friend is also really well written even though the other three main characters are definitely more used as extensions of Oreki than they get their own stories
SoulessAnimeOct 31, 2023 6:32 AM
Oct 31, 2023 6:20 AM
Oct 2020
Its not bad but it's not really good either, and if you don't like slice of life, it's not really for you that's for sure, also I absolutely hate the main girl, she is so goddamn annoying
Oct 31, 2023 6:22 AM
May 2020
you're better off reading Violet evergarden if you haven't already
Oct 31, 2023 6:23 AM
May 2020
CrunchyCrobat said:
Its not bad but it's not really good either, and if you don't like slice of life, it's not really for you that's for sure, also I absolutely hate the main girl, she is so goddamn annoying

omg ikr, she always needs to get her way
Oct 31, 2023 6:28 AM

Dec 2021
If you don't like SoL, then you shouldn't watch it. It's quite slow and does not have much romance either. It's mystery but to get into that you have to tolerate the SoL.
"𝑰𝒇 π’‚π’π’šπ’•π’‰π’Šπ’π’ˆ, 𝑰 π’˜π’‚π’π’• 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆 π’”π’π’Žπ’†π’π’π’† π’˜π’‰π’ π’Œπ’π’π’˜π’” π’˜π’‰π’‚π’• 𝒔𝒉𝒆 π’˜π’‚π’π’•π’” 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆, 𝒐𝒓 π’Œπ’π’π’˜π’” π’˜π’‰π’‚π’• 𝒔𝒉𝒆 π’π’Šπ’Œπ’†π’”, 𝑰 π’ˆπ’–π’†π’”π’”?"
.Δ±lΔ±.lΔ±llΔ±lΔ±.Δ±llΔ±.
» JELEE «
0:00 〇────── 4:20
β†Ί |◁ II β–·| β™‘

Oct 31, 2023 6:29 AM
Jul 2022
if you aren't into slice of life genre, don't even try it. You'll find it boring from the first episode.
Oct 31, 2023 6:32 AM
Mar 2023
If you don't like slice of life, then no, it's not for you. Hyouka is many things, but it is all of them at a slice of life pace. It is a 10/10 and one of the most beautifully animated anime I've ever seen, with gorgeous backgrounds that evoke its place and time more clearly than so many other shows, but it isn't fast and its mysteries aren't exactly thrilling.
Oct 31, 2023 6:33 AM
Jul 2018
Answering post's like you'rs is waste of time.
Oct 31, 2023 6:35 AM
Jul 2022
It's a cute little anime. It's not completed. There's more story in the manga left. I personally loved its slow mystery dialogue, maybe won't be for you.
Oct 31, 2023 6:35 AM

May 2023
ishinashi95 said:
for me this anime is extremely boring

Just like your life.
Oct 31, 2023 6:37 AM
Dec 2021
If you have to ask if something is worth your time, that only means that your time is worth shit.
You don't even know yourself nor your value.
Get good.
Oct 31, 2023 6:38 AM

Jan 2023
If you don’t like Slice of Life, just skip it then. It’s on the mystery side of Slice of Life and is generally a slow-paced anime.
Oct 31, 2023 6:40 AM
Nov 2022
no. do yourself a favor and skip that one.
Oct 31, 2023 6:44 AM
Apr 2021
Jai_akash said:
I am a guy have minimal time to watch anime so is it really worth the time
Asking because of anime tag had slice of life genra (i don't into slice of life)

nop, i dont think it is tbh.
i rly liked it at first but then it became too much slice of life for me. ofc i finished it and ut is preety and all but if youre asking if the mistery tag has more weight than SoL one then nop. its preety slowpaced and everyday life of students who are in a club trying to solve misteries, auper chill and subjectivelly IMO a bit boring
Oct 31, 2023 7:01 AM
Aug 2023
i prefer oregairu than this, Hyouka is too boring narative
Oct 31, 2023 7:01 AM
May 2017
Boring, 3/10 for me.
Oct 31, 2023 7:04 AM
Dec 2022
@Jai_akash
I first started watching(like 1 or 2 episodes )it and I didn't understand or like it that much so I dropped it . at that time I wasn't really deep into to anime. but after some time passed in my anime journey just by a fluke I picked it again it was a amazing and wonderful and anime I put this anime in the same league as VIOLET EVEN DARDEN. but more relatable

it's a really master piece and a hole some anime even if you don't like slice of your gonna like it. because it's more than a slice of like.

I truly recommend you to watch if you don't like it you can drop it and pick up some other time.
but if you like it it's gonna stick through out your life

and sorry for so many words I just want to give at least some details of anime and a detailed opinion
Yeshaiah2015yeshOct 31, 2023 7:17 AM
Oct 31, 2023 7:06 AM
Dec 2022
Cursed-World said:
ishinashi95 said:
for me this anime is extremely boring

Just like your life.

nice one(hit the mark)
Oct 31, 2023 7:07 AM
May 2022
AnimeIs4Kidz said:
If you have to ask if something is worth your time, that only means that your time is worth shit.
You don't even know yourself nor your value.
Get good.

thanks that really helpful I will try to be better❀️
Oct 31, 2023 7:12 AM
May 2022
ARYN__to said:

i am in clg and I have works so I only have time to watch 1ep/day and 6-10ep in weekends .that's why i created this post.if this anime is slow paced then its like watching nothing and i can't enjoy .anyway thanks for your time for commenting ❀️
Oct 31, 2023 7:14 AM
May 2022
Chronon said:
If you don't like SoL, then you shouldn't watch it. It's quite slow and does not have much romance either. It's mystery but to get into that you have to tolerate the SoL.

hey I am seeing you in every post i create.really thanks
(i am the guy who asked oshi-no ko and love is war worth watchingπŸ˜…)
Oct 31, 2023 7:18 AM
May 2022
add_it said:

can you tell me it's English name or send MAL link i can't find it
Oct 31, 2023 7:18 AM
Sep 2010
I loved how it is simple everyday mysteri. And the relations are kinda realistic for me.
Oct 31, 2023 7:20 AM
Aug 2023
Jai_akash said:
add_it said:

https://myanimelist.net/anime/14813

my teen romantic comedy in english
Oct 31, 2023 7:20 AM
May 2022
Yeshaiah2015yesh said:
@Jai_akash
I first started watching(like 1 or 2 episodes )it and I didn't understand or like it that much so I dropped it . at that time I wasn't really deep into to anime. but after some time passed in my anime journey just by a fluke I picked it again it was a amazing and wonderful and anime I put this anime in the same league as VIOLET EVEN DARDEN. but more relatable

it's a really master piece and a hole some anime even if you don't like slice of your gonna like it. because it's more than a slice of like.

I truly recommend you to watch if you don't like it you can drop it and pick up some other time.
but if you like it it's gonna stick through out your life

and sorry for so many words I just want to give at least some details of anime and a detailed opinion

thank you so much for your time
Jai_akashOct 31, 2023 7:25 AM
Oct 31, 2023 7:32 AM
Jul 2021
Bro really said he is a guy with minimal time to watch anime when he already watched One PieceπŸ’€
Oct 31, 2023 7:35 AM
Jun 2023
I want season 2 so pls season 2
Oct 31, 2023 7:48 AM
Jan 2021
If you have limited time, then no, I don’t recommend. It’s a good anime don’t get me wrong, but there are better anime in this genre.
The right mindset when watching an anime is hoping that it will break your top 10
Oct 31, 2023 8:02 AM
May 2020
AteOtoko said:
Bro really said he is a guy with minimal time to watch anime when he already watched One PieceπŸ’€

you don't know when he started watching it , so quite irrelevant
Oct 31, 2023 8:11 AM
Jun 2017
you may find yourself to have a lot in common with the mc if you feel the need to ask this question
Oct 31, 2023 8:15 AM
Jan 2021
Jai_akash said:
add_it said:

it's My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU in English (I think)
imo it's just a worse version of Hyouka since the character writing definitely isn't as good. I also generally dislike Harems/Ecchi though and it's kinda like an edgy Harem version of Hyouka

But yeah since you don't like SoL and seem to enjoy Shounen a lot you might like it better
Oct 31, 2023 8:16 AM
Nov 2019
bahimiron said:
If you don't like slice of life, then no, it's not for you. Hyouka is many things, but it is all of them at a slice of life pace. It is a 10/10 and one of the most beautifully animated anime I've ever seen, with gorgeous backgrounds that evoke its place and time more clearly than so many other shows, but it isn't fast and its mysteries aren't exactly thrilling.

10/10 couldn’t be further from the truth the whole plot is doing stuff that doesn’t matter at all and solving pointless “mysteries” sure the animation is good cause Its KyoAni but other than that this is mid asf
Oct 31, 2023 8:32 AM

Oct 2014
https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/s/MpXYpVsWu4 Watch the damn Anime
Message me for Fate/ information
Oct 31, 2023 8:50 AM
Jul 2018
Jai_akash said:
ARYN__to said:

i am in clg and I have works so I only have time to watch 1ep/day and 6-10ep in weekends .that's why i created this post.if this anime is slow paced then its like watching nothing and i can't enjoy .anyway thanks for your time for commenting ❀️

Wish you a nice time of life.
Oct 31, 2023 9:24 AM
Dec 2022
AteOtoko said:

if you stop being a fuckin idiot a stop trying to sound cool and you that head of your you'll know.

I don't think you'll get it so iam gonna be kind and explain it to you.

you can clearly see in his profile that he is a INDIAN. in like other countries anime may be on television but in India only children anime like Doorman,pokemon, Beblade. ect are the only anime that are on television. and most of Indians are not even aware that the above anime are anime. they simply think it's cartoon.

and in his profile he says he started watching anime 2018 or 19. and when was that, whan it was pandemic (covid-19) all school ware closed more than like 8 months. school ware open 2 or 3 months only. and ofcourse he had plenty of time to watch one pice. and it was the time anime started getting popular in India. iam saying it as a Indian .

why are telling me you may reply. because ↩
you took the trouble to check him account that he watching and commented. so it's only fair you get the answer you deserve.

so that you know I cut up to one piece (800+episodes) at that time I just 2months from started watching one piece. because it was locked down. but now we don't have that luxury. we have college to go and upcoming exams to prepare.

I hope you understand
Oct 31, 2023 9:28 AM
Jul 2021
Yeshaiah2015yesh said:
AteOtoko said:

if you stop being a fuckin idiot a stop trying to sound cool and you that head of your you'll know.

you can clearly see in his profile that he is a INDIAN. in like other countries anime may be on television but in India only children anime like Doorman,pokemon, Beblade. ect are the only anime that are on television. and most of Indians are not even aware that the above anime are anime. they simply think it's cartoon.

and in his profile he says he started watching anime 2018 or 19. and when was that, whan it was pandemic (covid-19) all school ware closed more than like 8 months. school ware open 2 or 3 months only. and ofcourse he had plenty of time to watch one pice. and it was the time anime started getting popular in India. iam saying it as a Indian .

you took the trouble to check him account that he watching and commented. so it's only fair you get the answer you deserve.

so that you know I cut up to one piece (800+episodes) at that time I just 2months from started watching one piece. because it was locked down. but now we don't have that luxury. we have college to go and upcoming exams to prepare.

I hope you understand

I was joking obviously, I am an Indian myself btwπŸ˜‚
Oct 31, 2023 9:29 AM
Aug 2020
Mystery was meh not too bad, but all that boring dialogue which was extremely long so i couldnt keep with anything and episodes felt drag sometimes.
Oct 31, 2023 9:31 AM
Dec 2022
AteOtoko said:
Yeshaiah2015yesh said:

I hope you understand

I was joking obviously, I am an Indian myself btwπŸ˜‚

will you got me their
Oct 31, 2023 9:32 AM
Dec 2022
Yea. It's a very interesting anime.
Oct 31, 2023 9:36 AM
Oct 2014
So Hyouka is a slice of life anime that is deeply rooted in mystery , I can't recall if it is tagged with mystery or not but it's the key focus in the anime.
So if you haven't looked at the synopsis or didn't get a clear understanding about the show let me abridge the general plot of the show.
the entire show is based around a guy who believes in a low effort lifestyle and is about average in everything he does, average physical and intelligence but he is extremely perceptive, he Is gifted with an almost Sherlock Holmes level of perception. he's forced to join the classics club by his sister and comes in contact with another character who drags him against his will into cracking various mysteries she encounters.
that is basically the entire show.
now as for the feel of the show I would say it's a slow burning show, it's not exciting, there is no action and it's so slow paced it can be called boring, however the is very well written.
if asked i would definitely recommend it, and I have to several friends, because the characters are all interesting and the various mysteries they solve are worth solving.
and even the shows title "Hyouka" has deep meaning, do you know what it means, it was a 60 year old mystery handed down in the classics club, and only the MC cracked it and the significance it held.
Oct 31, 2023 9:41 AM
May 2022
AteOtoko said:

I am now in clg
i watched one piece when I was in scl
Oct 31, 2023 9:50 AM
Jul 2021
Jai_akash said:
AteOtoko said:

I am now in clg
i watched one piece when I was in scl

I see I see it was just a joke dw about itπŸ˜…, if you're not into slice of life I wouldn't recommend watching this anime. Instead I will recommend you to watch Gurren Lagann if you want something that's more fast-paced. It's only around 27 episodes
Oct 31, 2023 10:16 AM
May 2023
it's a good mistery relaxing slice of life, I enjoyed it.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 1, 2012

267 by Miedori »»
May 4, 10:12 AM

» No romance here

YuniVT - Mar 10

26 by KitsuFrost »»
Apr 28, 4:21 AM

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Aug 5, 2012

185 by Dasfonia »»
Apr 16, 9:53 PM

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - May 6, 2012

267 by Cammell »»
Apr 8, 1:27 PM

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Veronin - Apr 22, 2012

491 by Prosper20 »»
Apr 5, 7:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.