Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 26, 2023 5:51 AM

Apr 2019
Great Episode. Loved it.
Oct 26, 2023 6:19 AM

Apr 2015
We meet the others super robots Brando and Hercules. F for Brando.

Really like the how they take the robots connect in the middle of the storm.
Oct 26, 2023 9:23 AM
Aug 2020
it ws really good

we learned more things
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Oct 26, 2023 10:13 AM
Nomad

May 2014
Watching this episode made me realize a few themes that it shares with Frieren, another great anime airing this season.

With Heiter and Brando both eventually wanting to live longer now that they have children they are looking after. And also the line that Hercules mentions, about the reason humans build memorial statues is because they forget. A similar thing is mentioned in Frieren, with the reason for statues of the party of heroes being erected and celebrated every couple decades or so. Just some pretty neat connections I noticed.
art by @u_zuta on twitter

Oct 26, 2023 10:45 AM

Mar 2023
The politics here are a definite reference to the Iraq war
Oct 26, 2023 2:46 PM
Jul 2020
Reply to watsym
The politics here are a definite reference to the Iraq war
@watsym Imagine we have a seral killer robot who target the politicians who lied about the WMD in Iraq.
Oct 26, 2023 3:47 PM

Mar 2019
Pluto: "I am the storm that is approaching..🌪️"

R.I.P. Brando, you are a champion my friend!
Oct 26, 2023 4:51 PM

Oct 2017
Well, that was absolutely heartbreaking. Brando is such a great guy, and truly loved his family until the end. RIP Brando. I am now 100% sold on this adaption. They're doing spectacular job!

Also, shout out to the English dub, I feel so much emotion in their acting, and everyone is casted perfectly. Amazing!
Oct 26, 2023 10:10 PM

Apr 2022
solid episode. didn't imagine hercules to have takamura's voice though. interesting how brando has the same VA as tenma from monster. more of atom as well.
Oct 27, 2023 1:22 AM

Jan 2009
rip north 2 and brando

so the killer is a robot too called pluto and he can do tornadoes eh

gesicht says the killer wants to kill the 7 great robots of the world so who is next
Oct 27, 2023 1:39 AM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
Brando! Such a sad moment there with Brando's final conversation. He couldn't help but think about his family until the very end. Atom crying over Gesicht's memory chip hit me harder in this than in the manga. I guess because I know why he is crying this time around. Another fantastic episode for the, so far, fantastic adaptation. My expectations are super high now, I hope it keeps it up.
Oct 27, 2023 2:15 AM

Sep 2020
Almost made me cry 😭
Oct 27, 2023 7:05 AM

Mar 2010
Man so saddening to see Brando die like that :( Wish he didn't go by himself. :( His poor family.
Oct 27, 2023 12:05 PM
May 2021
Rip brando. Peak adaptation
Oct 27, 2023 1:08 PM

Feb 2012
Familiar characters; the professor and the Japanese detective (I remember his dog-shaped car in the 2003 anime).

Atom borrowed Gesicht's memory chip and saw his past. Being sold to the circus himself must make him empathise with Gesicht.

I thought Brando was a human in a mecha suit at first. That could've been an explanation of how a robot apparently murdered a human; the murderer merely looked like a robot. But fighters like himself and Hercules transfer their head and heart units to a larger body to fight

Pluto's human targets advocate rights for robots but Pluto's robotic targets, Mont Blanc, North No. 2 and now Brando were all robotic veterans of the 39th Central Asian War (an allegory of the Iraq War, right down to non-existent WMDs and a Saddam look-alike). With Brando, he uses arms as the horns to mark his victims. Hercules is next on the list.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Oct 27, 2023 1:49 PM

Aug 2022
Another absolutely amazing epsiode! I'm loving this! The only thing I dislike so far is the CGI, but that's not that big of a problem.
Oct 27, 2023 5:42 PM
Aug 2021
Are they all losing because this Pluto has some human part and robots can't kill humans?
Oct 28, 2023 12:28 AM

Oct 2013
Another awesome episode. I liked the action sequences. And woah, that ending and its presentation. Direction in this series have been so far top-tier.
Oct 28, 2023 3:52 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
We've finally been introduced to what looks like the majority of the cast.
Oct 28, 2023 9:50 AM

May 2019
why dont they get the memo? they cant fight that thing on their own yet they go all hero mode

Oct 28, 2023 2:36 PM
Oct 2023
urasawa masterclass
Oct 28, 2023 7:11 PM

Nov 2016
The images of Brando's family and his last words, this was even meaner than North 2s death. Great follow up episode. The one hour format was a great decision.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 29, 2023 12:38 AM

Jul 2021
Another great episode, RIP Brando he was a good guy.
“There are only two types of people in the world--those who became otaku and those who didn't--and the latter just can't understand what the former is so excited about."--Ono Norihiro

Oct 29, 2023 3:00 AM
May 2022
another interesting episode. miss u Brando!
Oct 29, 2023 3:23 PM

Sep 2013
I've rewatched the last line 3 times and every time all I can hear is "The killer... is a DICKHEAD."
Oct 29, 2023 3:30 PM

Jan 2015
RIP Brando and North 2, we will miss you guys
Oct 30, 2023 3:44 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Another great episode!!!
4 deaths and the mistery continues!!
I love the robots points, family and feelings, the same the humans!
kekeke
Oct 30, 2023 9:10 AM
May 2021
Poor Brando, but that was a foolish move by him fr. That enemy looks really nasty though, final fight with him gonna be lit I guess
Nov 1, 2023 8:22 AM

Nov 2017
Well, Brando's passing was pretty crushing to say the least. Like, I pride myself in being a man of my word ('cause what is a man if not his word?) and he ends up dying? No, you weren't supposed to! You promised your kids you'd take 'em to the zoo so you can't die! ┏༼ ◉ ╭╮ ◉༽┓
Nov 1, 2023 11:33 AM
Jul 2017
really interesting how this show blurs the line between humans and robots.
Robots are able to feel things like humans do. They have trauma from killing their own kind in war which they struggle to cope with.
Some try to bury those painful memories through the moving melodies of a piano, some try to stray away from excessive violence and gain compassion.
But one thing never changes.
Unlike humans they cannot forget those painful memories no matter what.
They are still as vivid in their ai as when they once witnessed them.
Truly tragic and poetic.
Mr. Urasawa is a master at writing about the fragilities of a human soul
and he can express that through robots at well.
Nov 2, 2023 11:30 AM
Dec 2022
Mad respect for Brando and Hercules.. Brando for brinding the fight away from his family and Hercules for paying out of his own pocket for bringing whats left of his friend back from the sea...
Nov 2, 2023 1:04 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Another amazing episode. I love the slow burn ole school narrative style
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 3, 2023 5:09 AM

Jan 2021
That’s mad disrespectful I really thought Brando did a number on the enemy hope Brandos death wasn’t for nothing
Nov 4, 2023 1:40 AM

Aug 2019
@Ravord2

Don't think he did. He didn't need to because the killer already found him, I think he just went somewhere nobody else would interfere

Nov 4, 2023 1:24 PM

Nov 2013
Interesting. So there's a robot or a hybrid who is killing all the war-veteran robots. Why kill robot-rights protectors too though? Maybe they're related to this war too? Maybe they're murdered because they didn't do enough to prevent robot genocides during that war?

This Pluto thing seems quite OP. Don't know how they'll stop it.
Nov 4, 2023 1:34 PM

Nov 2013
Reply to 5hadow17
@Ravord2

Don't think he did. He didn't need to because the killer already found him, I think he just went somewhere nobody else would interfere
@5hadow17 I think Brando had an idea where to find the killer just like North#2 did. We saw Brando looking at the approaching storm-clouds too. Unlike humans robots see through things so he may have noticed something unnatural as well.

I find it extremely interesting that this Pluto gave Brando tons of time to leave house, get the suit and drive far from city. When I say interesting, I mean the fact that Pluto seems very careful not to kill random civilians, despite the damage he can easily cause with that massive tornado. Can't wait to see who he is and what's his motivation. Right now I suspect he's the "robot of mass destruction" that was never found and because of which the war started to begin with. He's likely an avenger from this fictional Persia who's killing the killers of his brethren + human activists who failed to prevent robot-genocide during the war.
Nov 5, 2023 3:38 AM

Jun 2020
I’m really confused about Brando’s kids. Were they programmed to be underdeveloped and act childish on purpose? Why pass a policy on adopting them if you can just build adult robots? Were they really planning to live forever as a family that never grew up? Not really a plot question just super curious about the society lol

It was really nice to see some of the other special robots from different nations though. I’m wondering why the remaining, unintroduced ones didn’t tap into the call. It sucks that Mont Blac is the only one that wasn’t really humanoid so far 😂 Although I guess North No. 2 wasn’t humanoid either. It seems like he was a loner type since no other robots formally knew him, all he wanted to do was play the piano and forget about his past damn that gets me sad 😣

The identity of the killer is intriguing me. Obviously a human wouldn’t have control of the weather, so is it just the simple answer of being a robot with a murderous AI? I feel like it will be a lot different. Either way, the horns after every kill are very haunting especially like they were in the end of this episode. I like Hercules a lot and I hope he stays because he is a great fighter and has an interesting outlook on his life as a robot, it was nice to see that he used his own money to keep investigating Brando’s death.
Nov 5, 2023 9:45 PM

Mar 2012
Brando's imminent death was obvious, due to the massive death flags, but damn did it hit you right in the feels when it happened. Those fragmented memories of his family while trying to send data of the enemy, that was rough.
Nov 10, 2023 9:14 AM

May 2021
@Ravord2
The tornado, I am guessing. Maybe the seven can detect a threat from the tornado(at least North No. 2 can) and that's how Brando knew.

Nov 14, 2023 11:47 AM
Oct 2021
These first two episodes are too obvious in their tearjerking methods. Once a sentimental promise is made "the death of that one character you just met" is inevitable. The final moments with music or family imagery linger as the audience's anticipated tears fail to cease~ . Maybe because of the short time we spend with these characters I couldn't get too emotional and the generic nature of these plots doesn't work in favor of the cry element either :/
Other than that I enjoy the robot x human conversations they have and the premise is interesting but still doesn't compare to Monster.
Nov 14, 2023 5:11 PM
Mar 2015
Man this show is some grade A Awesome
Nov 15, 2023 7:35 AM
Oct 2019
Damn Atom helps a lot.

I knew it, as soon as Brando said those things to the kids, massive Death Flag.

emotional episode back to back!!
Nov 19, 2023 10:18 PM
Aug 2018
This episode was really good, although, not as powerful as that first one. When Brando makes that promise "as a man" to his children, you absolutely know what his fate is. Besides this really obvious foreshadowing, I think this episode is really good.
Nov 24, 2023 4:15 PM

Jul 2017
Another really good episode. The first episode had two definitive stories to it whereas this episode had the parts sort blurred in between to fit together, and it was still really good, despite lacking a little in subtlety in the second half. The slow-burn pacing works here without the story getting too off the radar or boring like how I felt watching Monster at times. RIP to Brando too, shame he couldn't live up to his final promise even if you knew what was going to happen when that flag was introduced and how much he wanted to step up to fight 'Pluto' himself for vengeance. The scene where he was dying while in convo and seeing figures of his family pop up like that worked here, blurring lines between robots and humans once again in terms of what Brando valued the most in his final moments, even if there is some mystery towards some things that seemed off.

I have to say, this is the best dub I've heard from a newer anime in quite some time, I absolutely love it so far and the casting all just makes sense for these episodes. The audio mixing is terrific too for this show, just very impressed with it sonically so far.
animejasNov 24, 2023 4:18 PM
Nov 27, 2023 9:07 AM
Apr 2021
Just like reading the Manga
Nov 27, 2023 10:37 AM
Mar 2015
RIP Brando You will be mised
Nov 27, 2023 10:59 AM
Nov 2020
was a solid episode
Nov 29, 2023 7:30 AM
Jul 2021
I liked this episode. I'm not sure if I'm just comparing Brando to North No. 2, but Brando's end didn't hit as hard for me as North No. 2. I think I might just be a sucker for the sad old man trope. I also have been enjoying hyper-masculine characters less, so Brando's fixation on "promise as a man" wasn't very interesting to me I guess. Still, he knew he had to fight this force that was coming and chose to keep his family away from it, so I liked watching him try to take it face on and it was tough watching him be so wholesome with his family knowing they were setting up all his death flags :(
Dec 4, 2023 1:53 AM

Jul 2013
You would think that at a time like this, with these much technological progress they currently have, they'd have some sort of cloud with the backups of the personalities and memories of these highly advanced ai robots so that they could just transfer it to a new body for cases like these. But nah that would take away the drama. Now them kids are gonna be orphans again. And let me guess, that detective, Atom, and Hercules, all of these three will try to engage that killer alone like Brando and North 2 did. Fucking work together goddammit.
Dec 7, 2023 9:54 PM

Apr 2015
Didnt expect to get so attached to Brandon and cry for him in the same episode :(
Definitely liked this episode more than the first, the plot is gearing up now.
Story has been setup neatly now.
So far we have seen Brando, Hercules, Mont blanc, Atom, North no 2 , So 3 more Central asian war robots to go.

Also that line when Hercules says that Humans build monuments because they forget was really impactful.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pluto Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

MegamiRem - Oct 26, 2023

124 by PrOxAnto »»
May 14, 2:20 PM

Poll: » Pluto Episode 5 Discussion

ScarRufus - Oct 26, 2023

46 by PrOxAnto »»
May 13, 4:49 PM

Poll: » Pluto Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

deg - Oct 26, 2023

194 by PrOxAnto »»
May 11, 7:31 AM

» Lflix 🤡😔 ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Mar 12, 2023

70 by FruitPunchBaka »»
May 6, 10:08 PM

Poll: » Pluto Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ScarRufus - Oct 26, 2023

79 by Rob7 »»
Apr 11, 7:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.