Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Oct 25, 2023 11:04 AM

Jun 2021
Did you watch all of it? (All seasons). Did you read the novels? Who's your best girl/boy? Mine are Asuna and Eugeo. And lastly what do you think of the influece of Reki Kawahara/SAO/Accel World in the anime industry? Personally I love it. Cuz without it we wouldn't have masterpieces such as KonoSuba, Mahouka, Mushoku Tensei and Re:Zero.

PS. I still hate the sexual assault, tho.
ねえ、それはあなたです! あなたがカズマやトーマが好きなエッチ/ハーレムファンなら、女性を「平等に」扱うので、女性を殴る/軽蔑する2人のマッチョな男性か、Free!/YOIが好きだがフェアリーテイルの悪を話すTumblrファンガールです/ DxDとSAOは、ファンサービスがあり、アニメやマンガでBL / LGBTQ +ファンサービスが好きで、自分を「フェミニスト」と呼んでいるためです。自分は偽善者に過ぎず、価値観を再考し、これらの二重で停止する必要があることを知ってください。標準。 真剣に、それを止めてください😁。 #MenHaveTheRightToWorkInShortsInHotDays #MALMemberSince2010#Kirisuna Nico Nico no Hyouryuuken!
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLMsHeAUgW0lgREhidvVfUeeXb2M5WTADZ (Music about God).

*Bill Clinton's voice* I did not have sexual relationships with that anime girl. *Hilary Clinton's voice* waifu's rights are human rights, and human rights are waifu's rights. *God Emperor Donald Trump's voice* Yaoi anime will soon be illegal. All fujos will be arrested.

Oct 25, 2023 11:06 AM

Aug 2021
Watched all of the anime

Fav character Asuna and Kirito

It really is a masterpiece there is no boosts to this anime it slowly gets better ^_^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 25, 2023 11:31 AM

Oct 2020
Hurray!! Congratulations 👏 for still standing strong after Tons of People Blindly hating on the show without even going though the bad shi* n flaws they actually talk a lot about.

Favourite Character: Eugeo.
Favourite Volume: Vol 7 , Vol 9 , vol 18 , vol 22 vol 23 , Progressive Vol 4.
Favourite Antagonist: Quinella.
Favourite Song: UNASTING , Niji No Kanata Ni.
https://youtu.be/XtqGr-km0XQ?feature=shared
https://youtu.be/GICwp59Hags?feature=shared
Favourite Sword: The Night Sky Blade/The Blue Rose Sword.
Favourite Season: Alicization,, but slowly turning into UNITAL RING

Favourite Location: Floor 22.
Favourite Episode: The Girl Of Morning Dew.
Favourite Soundtrack: Everyday Life.
https://youtu.be/8Q4kP4zkDUA?feature=shared
Favourite Scene:
https://youtu.be/u8EsY3cevtQ?feature=shared
Significant Influence both in the anime industry as well as in Real life.

SAO itself isn't an Isekai. It's a Sci-Fi , Fantasy show, but People misunderstand the Genre. It isn't a harem either.
-
Don't worry Folks, UNITAL RING is gonna Refresh your memories of Aincrad. It's a New SAO, well not SAO anymore, it's The UNITAL RING.
In a Nutshell If I have to give u a gist of it,, it's a Survival Game JUST like S.A.O., but totally opposite of S.A.O.,, yet a lot of complicated stuff going on, hard to describe about, It's all Merged and Messed up, with everyone's level Dropped back to lv1. It'll hold onto the Dark plot and High stakes we had on Alicization, although it has a slow start you'll be pleased with the Fights.
Even tho it still has the typical Isekai anime stuff, you'll notice at the very beginning but It'll take sharp turns as the story progresses, so rest assured for now,, because the story has got the best plot in the series so far (aside Alicization)

-
(Just one hell of a Request I have. Please Turn the Progressive Volumes into a series instead.
Please For Gods sake, Stop making SAO Progressive Movies with such poor execution. The story is still closest to the novels and so much better than what you'd actually expect from SAO. But the movies are very poorly executed, 1st one was still decent even tho Episode 2 executed the Boss Fight Scene better than the Movie,, and the 2nd one, which was my favourite floor vol, turned into shit :(
Anayan_KashyapOct 25, 2023 6:44 PM
Please watch Sword Art Online Progressive, it's the peak of SAO.
Oct 25, 2023 11:40 AM

Nov 2020
Sao was my sixth anime ever and I watched it all the way through aliczation. (Before the war arc season 2 and the two progressive movies) and it will always hold a special place in my heart. I get all the reasons it’s hated and that “it would’ve been good if they stayed on eincrad” but nonetheless to me it is a masterpiece and I will always treasure this series.
Oct 25, 2023 11:52 AM

Sep 2018
I watched all of it outside the recent movie I need to watch. I love the series a lot and even all the non mobile games. Still in between Last Recollection. Glad it hit the 3 million milestone. I actually really like the sexual villains since it establishes their goals more than a lazy villain evil for no reason. In fact, the overall lack of sexuality on most villains in anime come off as very bizarre.

My fav dude is Bercouli
My fav girl is Philia
Not counting gameverse
Best girl Alice
rohan121Oct 25, 2023 12:01 PM
Oct 25, 2023 12:04 PM
Aug 2023
The first 14 Episodes were peak.
But that's all. :(
Oct 25, 2023 12:12 PM
Jul 2023
Kazu-chan-san said:
Did you watch all of it? (All seasons). Did you read the novels? Who's your best girl/boy? Mine are Asuna and Eugeo. And lastly what do you think of the influece of Reki Kawahara/SAO/Accel World in the anime industry? Personally I love it. Cuz without it we wouldn't have masterpieces such as KonoSuba, Mahouka, Mushoku Tensei and Re:Zero.

get over the sexual assault already it was like years ago if anyhting the sexual assault add tovrhe story pikt more and help the character development
Oct 25, 2023 12:42 PM

Jul 2021
bruh mt is a sex offender's story of going to sex offenders land and sex offending. How can you say you hate the comparatively tame sexual assault in sao and call that depravity a masterpiece?
Oct 25, 2023 12:55 PM
Oct 2022
After the first season i didnt like the show much but it was quite awesome. all i can say is the first season was a masterpiece. But i lost interest in it after the first season. still watching it.
Oct 25, 2023 12:59 PM

Oct 2020
IhnalakoKaina said:
bruh mt is a sex offender's story of going to sex offenders land and sex offending. How can you say you hate the comparatively tame sexual assault in sao and call that depravity a masterpiece?

Because those plots neither contribute nor change anything in the storyline. EXCEPT in Alicization. Although it drops the quality of the show, but doesn't affect the show in terms of anything. S1 n s2 got some unnecessary scenes of like 2mins? And u hate it for that?

So hating on SAO for only those assault scenes is ridiculously stupid unless you're very sensitive. And It's okay if u r, i can understand why u feel unsettling. But if u aren't, then here, Because the same thing, .... No.... even worse happens in popular shows n even recently like Fate, Goblin Slayer, Idaten Deities, Heavenly Delusion, but people ignore saying it adds up to the plot which is Very Much Not True.
Many other franchises sexualise stuff, some in even worse techniques like Fate, and y'all consume it like toffees.

This show has flaws, tons of it, n a few major ones, but this isn't one of them. And it has also got strong Points, strong enough to defend itself. So stop copy pasting popular review stuff, if you haven't got ur own reason for it. Drop it.

State ur own reasons, why u dislike the whole show for. That would be much better and acceptable, and I would like something real,, because every time I hear people blindly hate on SAO after seeing the reviews of those unemployed AniTubers makes me sick.
Anayan_KashyapOct 25, 2023 1:09 PM
Please watch Sword Art Online Progressive, it's the peak of SAO.
Oct 25, 2023 1:12 PM

Jan 2023
Watched all the seasons and movies, haven’t read the light novel, best girl is Alice while best boy idk.
Oct 25, 2023 1:16 PM
Oct 2023
Watched the full anime
best boy = kirito
best girl = asuna
one of my first animes ever so i love it very much 10/10
Oct 25, 2023 2:04 PM
Feb 2022
Cheggeronis said:
Sao was my sixth anime ever and I watched it all the way through aliczation. (Before the war arc season 2 and the two progressive movies) and it will always hold a special place in my heart. I get all the reasons it’s hated and that “it would’ve been good if they stayed on eincrad” but nonetheless to me it is a masterpiece and I will always treasure this series.

same but it was my 2nd and in my opinion it is not a masterpiece but is pretty enjoyable I rewatched all of it recently and it is still ok but the war of underground was boring af it was w big letdown for me after alicization that was in my opinion the best season
Oct 25, 2023 2:16 PM
Jul 2021
Trash anime why do people like it
Oct 25, 2023 2:42 PM
Nov 2022
Animeunderrated said:

Because there’s this species called Human females.
Oct 25, 2023 4:40 PM

Mar 2023
Animeunderrated said:

cause its good (duh)
Oct 25, 2023 4:59 PM

Jun 2021
Reply to Animeunderrated
@Animeunderrated
Well that was quite stupid. Please refrain from sprouting nonsese mr.
ねえ、それはあなたです! あなたがカズマやトーマが好きなエッチ/ハーレムファンなら、女性を「平等に」扱うので、女性を殴る/軽蔑する2人のマッチョな男性か、Free!/YOIが好きだがフェアリーテイルの悪を話すTumblrファンガールです/ DxDとSAOは、ファンサービスがあり、アニメやマンガでBL / LGBTQ +ファンサービスが好きで、自分を「フェミニスト」と呼んでいるためです。自分は偽善者に過ぎず、価値観を再考し、これらの二重で停止する必要があることを知ってください。標準。 真剣に、それを止めてください😁。 #MenHaveTheRightToWorkInShortsInHotDays #MALMemberSince2010#Kirisuna Nico Nico no Hyouryuuken!
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLMsHeAUgW0lgREhidvVfUeeXb2M5WTADZ (Music about God).

*Bill Clinton's voice* I did not have sexual relationships with that anime girl. *Hilary Clinton's voice* waifu's rights are human rights, and human rights are waifu's rights. *God Emperor Donald Trump's voice* Yaoi anime will soon be illegal. All fujos will be arrested.

Oct 25, 2023 10:25 PM

Jul 2021
Anayan_Kashyap said:
IhnalakoKaina said:

Because those plots neither contribute nor change anything in the storyline. EXCEPT in Alicization. Although it drops the quality of the show, but doesn't affect the show in terms of anything. S1 n s2 got some unnecessary scenes of like 2mins? And u hate it for that?

So hating on SAO for only those assault scenes is ridiculously stupid unless you're very sensitive. And It's okay if u r, i can understand why u feel unsettling. But if u aren't, then here, Because the same thing, .... No.... even worse happens in popular shows n even recently like Fate, Goblin Slayer, Idaten Deities, Heavenly Delusion, but people ignore saying it adds up to the plot which is Very Much Not True.
Many other franchises sexualise stuff, some in even worse techniques like Fate, and y'all consume it like toffees.

This show has flaws, tons of it, n a few major ones, but this isn't one of them. And it has also got strong Points, strong enough to defend itself. So stop copy pasting popular review stuff, if you haven't got ur own reason for it. Drop it.

State ur own reasons, why u dislike the whole show for. That would be much better and acceptable, and I would like something real,, because every time I hear people blindly hate on SAO after seeing the reviews of those unemployed AniTubers makes me sick.

It seems you have catastrophically misread.

get glasses bud, I never said I hated SAO, because I don't. I said that mushoku tensei is depraved stuff and so hating the tame s/a in SAO and calling MT a masterpiece is contradictory. But here you are giving us SAO fans a reputation, good job.

Check people's profiles before ranting to them so that you can save yourself the embarrassment.
Oct 26, 2023 5:22 AM
Aug 2021
IhnalakoKaina said:
Anayan_Kashyap said:

get glasses bud, I never said I hated SAO, because I don't. I said that mushoku tensei is depraved stuff and so hating the tame s/a in SAO and calling MT a masterpiece is contradictory. But here you are giving us SAO fans a reputation, good job.

Check people's profiles before ranting to them so that you can save yourself the embarrassment.

and you should refrain from hating on an anime without giving reason, so you can save the embarrassment🙃
SuntProstMareOct 26, 2023 5:38 AM
Oct 26, 2023 5:57 AM

Jul 2021
SuntProstMare said:
IhnalakoKaina said:

and you should refrain from hating on an anime without giving reason, so you can save the embarrassment🙃

quote the part where I say: " I hate..."

You can't, cause I never said such a thing. I don't hate sao, nor do I hate mt. I like one and I don't care for the other. Or are you here to tell me that MT is not positively depraved? Would you show it to your parents? to your kids? I guess you wouldn't, but because you probably have neither, not because you're sane enough or have the shame not to.

All of this to evade the point that the other guy thought I was hating SAO, when really I was just pointing out what seemed a tad incongruent. I'm looking forward to the next illiterate window licker who has something to say to me.
Oct 26, 2023 6:10 AM
Aug 2021
IhnalakoKaina said:
SuntProstMare said:

You can't, cause I never said such a thing. I don't hate sao, nor do I hate mt. I like one and I don't care for the other. Or are you here to tell me that MT is not positively depraved? Would you show it to your parents? to your kids? I guess you wouldn't, but because you probably have neither, not because you're sane enough or have the shame not to.

All of this to evade the point that the other guy thought I was hating SAO, when really I was just pointing out what seemed a tad incongruent. I'm looking forward to the next illiterate window licker who has something to say to me.

then why did you mention MT? because the "topic" man said that he like It? then why didnt you also complain about Konosuba? because you dont "care"? such a bad reason if you think, talk about something not relevant to the topic and when questioned start saying "well i dont hate It, for me Is Simply irrilevant" like its gonna change something, next time try Better, or should I complain about your pfp anime? But im not going to, because its not relatable to the topic. grow up, dont act childish.
Oct 26, 2023 6:46 AM

Jul 2021
SuntProstMare said:
IhnalakoKaina said:

then why did you mention MT? because the "topic" man said that he like It? then why didnt you also complain about Konosuba? because you dont "care"? such a bad reason if you think, talk about something not relevant to the topic and when questioned start saying "well i dont hate It, for me Is Simply irrilevant" like its gonna change something, next time try Better, or should I complain about your pfp anime? But im not going to, because its not relatable to the topic. grow up, dont act childish.

op mentions mt -> calls it a masterpiece -> says HE hates the sexual assault in sao. (So he liked it in MT?) is my point.

Yep it was me who, out of nowhere, brought it all
up. And you keep accusing me of saying stuff I didn't say, like MT being irrelevant. I said I Dont Care For it, like your parents with you. They don't have it in them to hate you, they just have better things to think about. But whenever someone brings you up in conv, they go: "uh, well, he's a loser. anyways..." and move on. The same is true for me and MT.

You hurt cause someone spoke anything but good things about the shit you like? I get it, you finger your butt thinking of rifujin, even though he wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire. But the truth, who even he acknowledges, is that MT is dirty as hell. whoopty doo.

ps: konosuba is rated pg13. It has middle schooler lvl of pervy humor. MT is purposely made as offensive and filthy as possible, and is rated R. You really wanna compare those? granted, I wouldn't show either to serious people expecting anything but rejection, but with konosuba, they'd be like "are you alright man? you need help?" while with MT, they'd out right ignore and avoid me.
IhnalakoKainaOct 26, 2023 6:59 AM
Oct 26, 2023 7:08 AM
Aug 2021
IhnalakoKaina said:
SuntProstMare said:

op mentions mt -> calls it a masterpiece -> says HE hates the sexual assault in sao. (So he liked it in MT?) is my point.

up. And you keep accusing me of saying stuff I didn't say, like MT being irrelevant. I said I Dont Care For it, like your parents with you. They don't have it in them to hate you, they just have better things to think about. But whenever someone brings you up in conv, they go: "uh, well, he's a loser. anyways..." and move on. The same is true for me and MT.

You hurt cause someone spoke anything but good things about the shit you like? I get it, you finger your butt thinking of rifujin, even though he wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire. But the truth, who even he acknowledges, is that MT is dirty as hell. whoopty doo.

ps: konosuba is rated pg13. It has middle schooler lvl of pervy humor. MT is purposely made as offensive and filthy as possible, and is rated R. You really wanna compare those? granted, I wouldn't show either to serious people expecting anything but rejection, but with konosuba, they'd be like "are you alright man? you need help?" while with MT, they'd out right ignore and avoid me.

and now you are personally insulting a person😂, maybe the user was referring about the two of them at the same time? but dowhat you wanna do, continue defending this show with all your Will, without admitting that also SAO have the same problems mt
Oct 26, 2023 7:34 AM

Jul 2021
SuntProstMare said:
IhnalakoKaina said:

and now you are personally insulting a person😂, maybe the user was referring about the two of them at the same time? but dowhat you wanna do, continue defending this show with all your Will, without admitting that also SAO have the same problems mt

oh is that was this was all about?

Well rejoice, because here I say: SAO is not a masterpiece, if only because of the cheesy simplicity of almost all of it's antagonists, and how the only way kawahara could think of to make them evil was by making them rapists. But at least it is the antagonists, and not EVERYONE who is depraved.

I still like the series a lot, but if someone says "SAO is not that good" or "it is not a masterpiece" or points out what I just did, I'd be totally fine with it. Hell even if they said they hated SAO, I wouldn't give a crap, unlike someone who finds it necessary to call someone he thinks hates his favorite show, Mushoku Tensei, "embarrasing".
Oct 26, 2023 8:40 AM
Apr 2023
Anayan_Kashyap said:
Hurray!! Congratulations 👏 for still standing strong after Tons of People Blindly hating on the show without even going though the bad shi* n flaws they actually talk a lot about.

Favourite Character: Eugeo.
Favourite Volume: Vol 7 , Vol 9 , vol 18 , vol 22 vol 23 , Progressive Vol 4.
Favourite Antagonist: Quinella.
Favourite Song: UNASTING , Niji No Kanata Ni.
https://youtu.be/XtqGr-km0XQ?feature=shared
https://youtu.be/GICwp59Hags?feature=shared
Favourite Sword: The Night Sky Blade/The Blue Rose Sword.
Favourite Season: Alicization,, but slowly turning into UNITAL RING

Favourite Location: Floor 22.
Favourite Episode: The Girl Of Morning Dew.
Favourite Soundtrack: Everyday Life.
https://youtu.be/8Q4kP4zkDUA?feature=shared
Favourite Scene:
https://youtu.be/u8EsY3cevtQ?feature=shared
Significant Influence both in the anime industry as well as in Real life.

SAO itself isn't an Isekai. It's a Sci-Fi , Fantasy show, but People misunderstand the Genre. It isn't a harem either.
-
Don't worry Folks, UNITAL RING is gonna Refresh your memories of Aincrad. It's a New SAO, well not SAO anymore, it's The UNITAL RING.
In a Nutshell If I have to give u a gist of it,, it's a Survival Game JUST like S.A.O., but totally opposite of S.A.O.,, yet a lot of complicated stuff going on, hard to describe about, It's all Merged and Messed up, with everyone's level Dropped back to lv1. It'll hold onto the Dark plot and High stakes we had on Alicization, although it has a slow start you'll be pleased with the Fights.
Even tho it still has the typical Isekai anime stuff, you'll notice at the very beginning but It'll take sharp turns as the story progresses, so rest assured for now,, because the story has got the best plot in the series so far (aside Alicization)

-
(Just one hell of a Request I have. Please Turn the Progressive Volumes into a series instead.
Please For Gods sake, Stop making SAO Progressive Movies with such poor execution. The story is still closest to the novels and so much better than what you'd actually expect from SAO. But the movies are very poorly executed, 1st one was still decent even tho Episode 2 executed the Boss Fight Scene better than the Movie,, and the 2nd one, which was my favourite floor vol, turned into shit :(

Well Eugeo is great personality but when Kirito steal Alice hearth... I like Kirito but this is realy heart broking moment.When he died i said "damn Eugeo you unlucky guy"
Oct 26, 2023 5:30 PM
Jun 2021
Kazu-chan-san said:

i just wish it was about the first game, and that they took their time to show kirito beat the game rather than just do most of it off screen, i like long storys and this anime has told a pretty extensive story, it just could have done with fleshing out sword art online as a game
Oct 27, 2023 6:38 AM

Mar 2021
You can't call Mushoku Tensei a masterpiece and then complain about the sexual assault in SAO
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 27, 2023 8:59 AM
Sep 2014
One of the greatest Fall offs of All Time!! Season 1 back then was a fever dream. To go back to those prime days just for one day, oh man!!
Oct 27, 2023 10:37 AM
Apr 2023
Sao was my First "big" Anime i watched and i loved it my Favourite Character is Alice my Fav. Season Alicization (more the 1+2 Part but WoU is also strong) i just watched the Anime and Ordinal Scale but i think in the Future i will watch the Progressive Movies to. I like Kirito's long and Hard Way into beeing Harem King, Issei would be proud of him ( i'm just jokin). Part 2 of Alicization has for me the best fight, tragic and epic Moment and the best enemy
Oct 30, 2023 11:03 PM

Apr 2020
Ahh been a while since an anime hit 3 million members, and obviously the 5th is Sword Art Online!

It would've been the 3rd to do it but FMAB and One Punch Man surpassed SAO in members for a long while now.

3M Club Timeline:

#1 Death Note > August 04, 2021

#2 Attack on Titan > August 15, 2021

#3 Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood > October 17, 2022

#4 One Punch Man > March 17, 2023

#5 Sword Art Online > October 26, 2023

#6 Most likely My Hero Academia in February 2024

#7 Followed by Demon Slayer in March 2024

#8-10 Naruto, Tokyo Ghoul, and HxH is very far from the 3 milli mark (2025)
Nov 2, 2023 6:37 AM
Nov 2022
I wish I could go back in time and I wish I could erase the memory of season 2...and remind myself that this show was a masterpiece....
Nov 3, 2023 4:56 AM
Senpai

May 2021
htptliq77 said:
I wish I could go back in time and I wish I could erase the memory of season 2...and remind myself that this show was a masterpiece....

season 2 is very good? rosario arc is one of the best arcs?
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Nov 3, 2023 4:57 AM
Senpai

May 2021
i love sao, i don't care about the hate. I have over 400 shows now and i still love it! Will do the same after 500,600,700 ...
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Nov 3, 2023 5:38 AM

Jul 2010
Watched all the seasons and the first spin off movie. First season was 10/10, all others 8/10 including movie. Didn't have a chance to check original source. Favs are Asuna and Kirito. I think influence was great, but still I find a lot isekai anime that I just skip, and I think they're forcing mentioned genre too much in recent years.
Nov 6, 2023 1:56 AM
Jun 2022
eugeo is best girl

More topics from this board

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

72 by katnissmaezie »»
May 16, 1:05 AM

» What even is SAO anymore? ( 1 2 )

Jason-Skyrunner - Apr 27

53 by soli1239 »»
May 6, 8:27 PM

» We need a reboot

Superninjaboy2 - Mar 15

32 by Jason-Skyrunner »»
May 1, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 8, 2012

480 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2012

680 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 2:32 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.