Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 21, 2023 7:28 AM

Nov 2011
Ah, an episode featuring a lot of Yuri. While some of the episode were serious given his background, it didn't shy away from his usual comedic moments especially obsession towards Yor.

The spy gimmick stuff was amusing as it's protrayed in a much more cartoony fashion when Anya was watching on TV. And speaking of Anya, I like how this anime always finds ways to give her random expressive moments like when she plays around outdoors with a toy. These omakes are comedy gold.

Dec 2021
It was adorable to get a glimpse of what a Bondman episode looks like. I really enjoyed it.

Yuri excels in his role within the Secret Police. One day he receives a task involves probing a former newspaper reporter believed to be peddling articles that tarnish Ostania's reputation in Westalis. Meanwhile, as Anya watches the Bondman show, she remarks that it must be one of those overly affectionate shows she can discuss with Becky. Loid, perplexed and repulsed by Bondman's self-proclaimed gentleman status, instructs her to stop.

This episode, unexpectedly centered on Yuri, which turned out to be quite interesting. It delves deep into understanding Yuri's character and the motivations behind his actions at work. He proves to be more than just a man fixated on his sister; he's a dedicated police officer, a "soldier" for the government tasked with apprehending traitors who trade or forge information for the enemy. As for Bondman, it seems he's assembling quite the harem. All jokes aside, Anya's reaction remains as endearing as ever.

Anya consistently picks the least enjoyable shows to watch.

May 2020
I don't know but the kind of news or the method mister journalist was employing to "make" a news out of anything kinda had me in stitches. I mean it's so real after all. But whatever the reasons might be, he was in for a tragic end as soon as Yuri was assigned to tail him. As we know, that man might be a hardcore siscon, but he's extremely motivated towards his work. He arrested the journalist who was making up news and writing articles to defame Ostanian government, and as a token of gratitude for the man's responsible gesture towards his father until now, he made sure atleast he wouldn't suffer, now that his son is arrested.

A head pat from Yor and then a treat.. fair to say Yuri got his reward too. Also, please stop kids from tuning into this Bondman show.
Oct 21, 2023 8:32 AM
Jul 2023
100 girlfriends that would really, really, really, really, really kill you.
Oct 21, 2023 8:52 AM
May 2021
Ep went so quick man, the bondman ep was funny still.
Oct 21, 2023 8:53 AM

Oct 2017
That guy fabricating the news lmao. Yuri focus episode this time which was nice. Yor gave him pats, good for him. Also Bondman's a real womanizer damn.
Oct 21, 2023 8:58 AM

Aug 2021
the yuri and perkins storyline is an underrated one. plays into the themes of the series well. bondman the lady killer
Oct 21, 2023 9:01 AM

Feb 2021
Btw Kusuriya no Hitorigoto (The Apothecary Diaries) is premiering today with 3 episodes at once!

YURIIII
Russian text! It says "-on the West can serve as an example"

But the text here is kinda random. "Way of organization", "Alphabetical", "Wikipedia variety", "International relations theory"

That's a nice coworker Yuri got here.
The Muse Asia subs really translated this as "let him cook" lmao

I have to say, the English text in this is really natural. When I see something written in English in anime it's usually really unnatural and awkward. They must have fluent speakers working on this too.
Didn't expect such feels. Yuri sympathizing with Perkin was cool.
So Spy Wars has a harem episode lmao. Too bad he isn't Rentarou.
There are extras after the credits!
Anya has her horns even when she's swimming! Seems like it's a visual cue for her being an esper. Loved these extras.
EmbientOct 21, 2023 9:04 AM
Oct 21, 2023 9:04 AM
Jun 2023
we finally see bondman, although I must ask, when will Anya return to focus
Oct 21, 2023 9:10 AM

Aug 2023
So amazing, I swear the intro and outro get better every time I hear them! I loved how they animated Bondmans cartoon, it was so cute and I don’t remember seeing that in the manga. The extras were also some of my fav scenes, love you Anya!
Oct 21, 2023 9:10 AM
Oct 2016
A mostly Yuri focused episode. Showing his work with the secret police to capture enemies of the state who could be leaking state secrets. Yuri working day and night to make the country he lives in a better place foe Yor and her family. Yuri tailing this newspaper to see what he's writing to disparage their country. The reporter selling his information to the opposition to sway public opinion. Yuri as a member of the secret police must put a stop to this. In the process of following this reporter Perkins he sees the man wants to protect his own family, his elderly father, and is doing so to create a better world he sees for everyone including himself. But selling information to the other side is a big no no and Yuri must still arrest Perkins. It was very kind of Yuri to say he will vouch for Perkins father to have financial assistance to keep going. Yuri just wants to see his sister be happy in this country he's strived to hard to keep afloat. The other little segments we got at the end of the episode were a mix of cute and funny. Bondman having too many girlfriends and Anya in her natural state sleeping in and being late for school.
Oct 21, 2023 9:11 AM

Mar 2021
We finally got to see Bondman in action and he seems to be quite the ladies man and its interesting seeing how Yuri works as a state security officer
Oct 21, 2023 9:12 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Being able to deduce someone's build and their actions through sound alone really is the mark of a pro. Dealing with those that reveal the truth is the par course for secret police. Though it was nice being able to have a narrated part of his ob report. The Yuri focus though was nice though and provided a nice focus on what his day role was like. Bondman is a literal harem creator achieved in the name of saving the world lol. The omake's were just hillarious. Nice of the studio to squeeze these in.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 21, 2023 9:12 AM

Jul 2011
Bondman is the tipical harem protag scumbag.
Oct 21, 2023 9:27 AM
Sep 2015
The first half is probably, no, definitely the most complicated, complex, and conflict SxF segment to date. But it's kinda out-of-place, many people just don't expect this anime to make a political statement, they just want to see Bondman dating with dozen women.
Oct 21, 2023 9:33 AM
Apr 2017
A lot of focus on secondary characters lately. Last week it was Bond and Damian. This time it's Yuri.
Oct 21, 2023 9:44 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Yuri comes back in his dilligent job to maintain peace for the East as he catches a criminal with his own personal motivation. That serious tone went on complete contrast to Bondman picking up girls left and right only to later suffer the consequences of a harem. Oh, and the extras, those were fine I guess, not much to say about them.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Oct 21, 2023 9:45 AM

Mar 2007
Today I realized James Bond is a harem show.
Oct 21, 2023 9:47 AM
Oct 2023
Yuri is the man. SpyxFamily can be very serious. Pretty nice how It touches very complex subjects and how portrays the Spy and intelligence theme
Oct 21, 2023 9:48 AM

Oct 2015
Finally getting more insight into Yuri job, more serious and darker tone.
Oct 21, 2023 9:53 AM

Jan 2023
Let's go, we got some Yuri action! No not THAT yuri, I mean Yuri Briar.

One of the more serious chapters to be animated this time around, as is shown more into the SSS and how a part of the operation works in detecting those under suspicion as well as how somber and gloomy Ostania can be in certain districts. Our man Yuri has got some good ears and eyes to be able to recognize both build and location on footsteps alone. It is a bit depressing to see the situation of the Perkin family and the living conditions around, plays into the worldbuilding well as not every place is financially well. Can't forget his sister complex hahaha, funny moments here and there.

Oh my gosh, Yor's outfit this episode. She looks so GOOD in that maroon turtleneck with the cloth on her head. Best outfit to date (for now).

Mmm yez, a cartoon watched by Anya inside of an anime watched by the international anime community. Gosh damnit dude, even Bondman is a harem protagonist, I can count EIGHT WOMEN until he gets assaulted by all of them. Those after-ending extras were a funny addition; Anya being relatable from wanting to ride a ride, not wanting to go to the pool anymore since other kids are pulling a number one, and waking up late for school haha.

Another great Spy x family saturday (Have a good one to you all :D), can't wait for the next!
Oct 21, 2023 10:13 AM

Apr 2021
this episode was pretty fire if i do say so myself. i really liked the first half, i thought it was really interesting and made me curious to learn more about the history and politics of Ostania & Westalis, and what exactly is going on behind the scenes. not that i hated him ever, but i found myself disliking Yuri because he is trying to take down Twilight, and yk he is a little bit of a government dog.. but this episode, we saw him kind of empathizing with a criminal for the first time. i have so many questions, it seriously left me thinking... the bondman episode was also fun, and the extras were really cute! i'm pretty excited for next episode bc i saw cats and george glooman so i think it'll be really fun.
Oct 21, 2023 10:18 AM

Nov 2016
Thematically definitely an important episode in great scheme of things.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 21, 2023 10:37 AM
Jun 2016
pathetic episode, waste of animation staff resources
Oct 21, 2023 10:45 AM

Jan 2018
Damn. I wasn't expecting so much Yuri in this episode. It was interesting to watch. But I wonder if this couldn't have been done as an OVA or a special.

This episode felt a lot like a filler. What even was that 2nd part? The post-credits extras were fun but shouldn't those be kept for YouTube specials or something?

Thankfully the next episode seems like the spotlight will be back on the more interesting characters.
Oct 21, 2023 10:52 AM

May 2021
Yuri's sequence was very good, especially since they didn't have to focus on his love for his sister much. I guess they didn't have enough time afterward for a whole chapter so they resorted to omakes.

Oct 21, 2023 10:56 AM

May 2015
Poor Anya got bad pool memory :(
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Oct 21, 2023 10:56 AM

May 2019
It looks like this was another episode filled with side stories. The Yuri part was decent and it was nice he at least sympathized with the father of the guy they arrested. The Bondman portion, while a bit funny, had a blurry filter which made it a bit hard for me to watch but I know they did that for effect.
Oct 21, 2023 11:01 AM

Dec 2018
Man, they really had to fill some time didn't they. That's okay, the bondman was fun. "The polar bear looks more like a corrective device" LOL.
Oct 21, 2023 11:06 AM

Mar 2019
The post-credit omakes were more fun to watch than the episode itself haha. ╮⁠(⁠^⁠▽⁠^⁠)⁠╭
Oct 21, 2023 11:47 AM

Aug 2022
The Bondman part was really unexpected and yet really hilarious,
Oct 21, 2023 11:56 AM
Sep 2023
Mainnus said:
100 girlfriends that would really, really, really, really, really kill you.

the sequel of 100 girlfriends who really really really really love you
Oct 21, 2023 12:03 PM

Jan 2009
a yuri episode eh and some short gimmicks of the family
Oct 21, 2023 12:09 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
I really liked the chunk of the episode dedicated to Yuri and his Stasi related activities, something we haven’t seen much of until now. We saw how dedicated Yuri is to his job and how seriously he takes it, he wrote entire essays about this dude they were spying on down to the finest detail and once it came time for the arrest he used the information about the guy’s family to help them out, he didn’t need to do that but I liked the act of kindness to someone who is supposed to be an enemy. And after all is said and done, he returns to his sister Yor and mellows out, and giving how much he loves her I’m sure it’s a slice of heaven compared to his work lol.

And the bit about Bondman was good, the man really rizzed up all those ladies, including the villains lol, that was hell of a harem until they turned on him, and now Anya has a weird idea of romance lol. And the after credits bits about Anya and Damian were pretty funny, poor Anya can tell who’s peed in the pool lol, and I especially liked Loid trying to shake Anya awake versus Damian who woke up an hour early lol, both are relatable depending on the day.
Oct 21, 2023 12:26 PM
Feb 2020
Wait, so Bondman was a harem anime all aong?
Oct 21, 2023 1:21 PM
Jan 2021
Reply to phantomfandom
The first half is probably, no, definitely the most complicated, complex, and conflict SxF segment to date. But it's kinda out-of-place, many people just don't expect this anime to make a political statement, they just want to see Bondman dating with dozen women.
@phantomfandom
the yuri part of this episode was BY FAR the best thing this season. anything else was anywhere between boring as hell and crap.
this anime picked with episodes 1 and 2 of season 1.
Oct 21, 2023 1:21 PM

Nov 2013
Don't remember Bondman having harem lol (in manga). Was this anime-only or I just forgot, I wonder?
Oct 21, 2023 3:09 PM
Jul 2021
Great episode all-in-all. I wonder if Yuri will have more doubts about his government as he gets into other complicated cases. It would make make his character more interesting than I had anticipated.

I was happy with the episode by the end credits, but the omake sessions took it above and beyond.
Oct 21, 2023 3:15 PM
Jan 2022
After season 1 the story has felt like it has ground to a halt. It doesn't help that I think Yuri is the most annoying character in the show, but I really didn't care for this episode.
Oct 21, 2023 3:22 PM
Aug 2020
i keep enjoying every episode

otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Oct 21, 2023 3:59 PM

Apr 2015
So Spy Wars is just a harem anime after all.
Oct 21, 2023 4:12 PM

Jun 2015
Don't do that

More Anya and Forgers needed
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Oct 21, 2023 4:16 PM

Dec 2013
Ehhh another episode I don't care about, it was fine but fills just like filler like the last one, at least I enjoyed the last 7 minutes of the episode.
Oct 21, 2023 4:32 PM
Apr 2022
Yuri Briar is one of those characters that I love to hate. Like he is super cringy but I so love watching that goober.
Also if you didn't stay for the post credits scenes go back and watch them right this second!
Oct 21, 2023 4:51 PM
Nov 2019
I liked how even though Yuri came to somewhat understand his target's position, he still went and did his job. I was expected him to let him off the hook.

Who knew Bondman was a harem anime?
Oct 21, 2023 5:47 PM

Oct 2009
Boring ahhhh episode, siscon gestapo arrests opposition for writing joke articles, while he should rather arrest himself for poor grammar and being so braindead as to not understand how a guy who works at a post office gets his letters delivered. Despite all the dragging still had enough free time for a bondman episode, which was good for a show which in-universe is aimed at little children, and some extras that were better than all the stuff before.
Oct 21, 2023 5:48 PM

Jul 2016
Bondman segment was like seeing all James Bond movies being played at once.
Oct 21, 2023 6:26 PM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Cute ep. Not a big fan of all the side stories but this was enjoyable.

The extra ones at the end were hilarious lol
Oct 21, 2023 6:32 PM
Sep 2019
solid and enjoyable
is it just me or are the themes much more light now? or maybe it's just for the beginning of the season. Either way is good
Oct 21, 2023 6:36 PM

Mar 2013
Knowing how secret police can be in media, I was wondering whether the propaganda actually was that or if they were calling it that so they could arrest this guy. But after seeing him mess with those kids just to get a pic to use, I'm pretty sure it's actually propaganda that he's writing.

Love that the Bondman animation style was more reminiscent of older anime like Lupin, definitely made you feel like you weren't just watching the actual show.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Will it ever become good again? ( 1 2 3 )

goaTMaru - Oct 24, 2023

102 by Jammitylam »»
May 26, 7:06 PM

Poll: » Spy x Family Season 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2023

146 by Safrichh »»
May 25, 8:57 PM

Poll: » Spy x Family Season 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 4, 2023

126 by Safrichh »»
May 10, 8:47 PM

Poll: » Spy x Family Season 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2023

191 by AkioTz »»
May 5, 7:50 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Season 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2023

193 by Gator »»
May 3, 4:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.