Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 18, 2023 7:10 AM
Aug 2020
finally, we had the ep 1 of the S2.

it was really beautiful, the animation is really good.

this was just the intro of the new story, we will see how the things will go on the next episode...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Oct 18, 2023 7:40 AM
Apr 2021
Amazing 👏 I have been waiting forever for this!! not sure if it was my end or maybe because it just came out but the subtitles were a little delayed or didn't pick up everything. Overall this is going to be my favorite Anime/New season this year!
Oct 18, 2023 7:43 AM

Oct 2022
This episode made me so happy to the point where I was literally shaking. All the characters are so pretty. >,<
Lang Qianqiu doesn't actually look too bad compared to the character design reveal from a while ago.
I'm also loving the intro.
I love absolutely everything about it. Can't wait for the next episode!
My Halloween candies:

Oct 18, 2023 7:56 AM
Mar 2023
can someone tell me if this is shounen ai or nah
Oct 18, 2023 8:23 AM
☆A-Qing's hair☆

Jun 2008
Reply to fujoshi__
@fujoshi__ the original novels contain BL, the animation it's unlikely due to censorship. But the first season had plenty of teases and I assume this season will be the same.
quercifoliaOct 18, 2023 8:30 AM

Oct 18, 2023 8:30 AM

Oct 2019
Easily a 100/10 first episode in terms of adaptation, art, animation, VA, music, rewatch value. I was nervous about the change to Xie Lian’s VA, but there was clearly no reason to be. This was worth the wait!!

My only complaint is that Crunchy was slacking on the subs at times…rapidly disappearing text, occasionally inaccurate localization, a dozen instances of that-isn’t-the-correct-name, and annoyingly noticeable spelling/grammatical errors tend to ruin the immersion (and slow down the speed-reading needed.)

Keeping my fingers crossed for a fansub at some point (:
Oct 18, 2023 8:38 AM

May 2017
Love the first ep so much, the ghost city are perfect! The did it justice♡ i hope they keep this quality till the end ep, i can't wait the next one!! TTATT
Oct 18, 2023 9:13 AM
☆A-Qing's hair☆

Jun 2008
Reply to gabfive
Easily a 100/10 first episode in terms of adaptation, art, animation, VA, music, rewatch value. I was nervous about the change to Xie Lian’s VA, but there was clearly no reason to be. This was worth the wait!!

My only complaint is that Crunchy was slacking on the subs at times…rapidly disappearing text, occasionally inaccurate localization, a dozen instances of that-isn’t-the-correct-name, and annoyingly noticeable spelling/grammatical errors tend to ruin the immersion (and slow down the speed-reading needed.)

Keeping my fingers crossed for a fansub at some point (:
@gabfive I watched on funimation not sure if same subs but there were a few errors there too.

Absolutely gorgeous episode, I didn't know it was possible for Xie Lian to look even more beautiful, but there you have it.

Oct 18, 2023 9:28 AM

Feb 2016
Animation is on another level in this season just wow!!!!
Oct 18, 2023 10:04 AM

Aug 2010
Our favourite God and Ghost King are back <3
Oct 18, 2023 10:21 AM

Dec 2020
PEAK IS UPON UUUUUUS
Oct 18, 2023 11:35 AM
Sep 2021
Yesss I’m so so happy I waited for this!!!
Oct 18, 2023 12:21 PM
Aug 2023
I was waiting for this one! Did I read the novel 4 times? And the manhua 2 times? Yes! But I'll never get tired of tgcf! Btw did anyone know where the season will end? After watching the op I think it'll be just before book2 with the past.
Oct 18, 2023 12:49 PM
Sep 2021
The wait is finally over! What a phenomenal episode!!!! Why did everyone look so good😭
Oct 18, 2023 1:47 PM
Sep 2020
i just can't believe its back AAAAH tgcf is my favorite thing in the whole world!!!! the episode itself is great, love the animation, the music, the story. the pacing is perfect! can't wait to watch the rest of the story unfold :')
Oct 18, 2023 2:09 PM
Jul 2023
I was so excited for season two! And it's finally out, and even more beautiful than i expected! Animation and effect are as beautiful as hua cheng!! So excited for another episode~~
Oct 18, 2023 2:15 PM

Aug 2023
This show is so beautiful. I am obsessed with the visuals. LOVE IT!!!
Oct 18, 2023 3:25 PM

Nov 2020
Hua Cheng, the man that you are. That entry at the very end got me screaming crying throwing up. AAAAAAAA
Also, Xie Lian is so pretty and kind as always haha. No wonder HC chased that mf for centuries, I would've too.
(Can I say Jun Wu looked lowkey hot sitting on his throne?)
Oct 18, 2023 3:46 PM
Feb 2019
Reply to fujoshi__
@fujoshi__ They get together after what'll be ~7 seasons; if you want endgame it's faster to just read the books, but yes there's a canon CP. Not to spoil anything but there are romantic scenes all throughout the series and we'll be getting one next episode.
Oct 18, 2023 3:52 PM
Feb 2019
I love Shi QingXuan so much AAAAAAA I wish he would stay in female form all the time she's so hot and her outfit is so cute ueue
It was really cool seeing Lan Chang and everyone's designs hehehhee I love the ghost city crew
I missed my boys ugh I'm so excited for next episode
Oct 18, 2023 4:50 PM
Sep 2022
Amazing, stunning, beautiful. Xie Lian’s new VA sounds great, I wouldn’t have even been able to tell the difference if I didn’t already know
Oct 18, 2023 6:47 PM
Apr 2023
When it comes to TGCF, I tend to be a little bit biased. I love this beautiful story. I've read the books and imagined several times how everything would be portrayed in the donghua. For this episode, everything was just perfect! I can't believe that we have to wait another whole week for the next one haha, but it'll be worth it :)
Oct 18, 2023 7:09 PM

Jan 2010
did not disappoint. I've read the manhua, and the novel twice, but it's nice to see the donghua adaption, especially after how long we had to wait with all the delays.
I have a feeling the visuals won't be like this for the whole season, got the impression they just really wanted to show off for the first episode. Hua Cheng at the end there, he's so fine.
Oct 18, 2023 8:34 PM

May 2018
i am soooo happy with how they adapted the ghost city!!! The novel has such a fun way of describing it im glad its so lively!!! I read the novel first years ago and this is how i imagined in my head.
the actual scene directing was also very good- closer to movie quality with the shots. Super excited for this season!!!

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 愛してる *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Oct 19, 2023 3:00 AM

Sep 2007
I have waited for it (im)patiently and every second of it was worth it. I love big picture of how they portrayed Ghost City and love tiny details even more, like face expressions, small gestures, how Xie Lian's hand went to the ring hidden on his chest when he sensed Hua Cheng. Also, Wind Master is PURE LOVE. And that opening...!

My only woe is (not surprisingly) the subtitles... but well, that can hardly spoil my fun, because everything else is spotless.

Also, Heavenly Daddy Jun Wu.
Oct 19, 2023 4:41 AM

Apr 2020
I can't believe it's airing! And the first episode was so good. I guess animation became more smooth compering to previous season 🤔
Shi Qingxuan is a real bi disaster. He's so damn beautiful in both his looks.
Oct 19, 2023 9:55 AM
Sep 2021
absolutely adore XL and HC <3 i finished the novel a few months ago and i can’t wait to see the beautifully written work of MXTX animated AHHHH I LOVE THEM SO MUCH I CANT WAIT FOR MORE EPISODES and SQX holds a special place in my heart…he deserves the whole world
Oct 19, 2023 12:18 PM
Nov 2020
Nice! Seems like all or most of the clips from the trailers are from this episode.
Oct 19, 2023 4:01 PM
Oct 2021
Absolutely gorgeous animation! The wait for this manhua was worth it. As a novel reader of tgcf I can't wait to see all of it adapted! :)
Oct 20, 2023 1:04 AM
Nov 2021
Ugh the animation is amazing. And the characters in ghost city are so fun. I can tell so much thought went into that part. SO GOOOOOD. My only thing is that the dialogue pacing part felt a bit off. I can see how it'll be hard to try to animate a novel that has so much political info in it/important background stuff to know. Also super tricky for whoever is doing subtitles. I was pausing it every five seconds during the conversations haha
Oct 20, 2023 8:00 AM
Aug 2021
its so pretty!!!!
Oct 20, 2023 9:51 AM

Dec 2020
the animation is super well done this season :0
Oct 21, 2023 3:16 AM

Dec 2015
the one time where i wish i get a small recap or something to refresh my memories, kinda forgot everything in s1, only remembered that i watched this show and i liked it kek
Oct 21, 2023 7:15 AM
☆A-Qing's hair☆

Jun 2008
Reply to SybilJesso
Ugh the animation is amazing. And the characters in ghost city are so fun. I can tell so much thought went into that part. SO GOOOOOD. My only thing is that the dialogue pacing part felt a bit off. I can see how it'll be hard to try to animate a novel that has so much political info in it/important background stuff to know. Also super tricky for whoever is doing subtitles. I was pausing it every five seconds during the conversations haha
@SybilJesso

That, plus also having to cut out / censor any of the romantic elements (so far, there's not a lot at least...)
I pity the poor writer who has to chop it up into bits like that, but also admire them for managing to produce something so lovely regardless.

Oct 21, 2023 6:36 PM
Nov 2022
I LOEV IT XIELAIN IS SO FUNNY AHHHH I LOVE IT SO MUCH H
Oct 22, 2023 3:14 PM

Nov 2019
HUALIAN IS BACK
Really loved first episode, we got to see bits of Ghost City, hoping for moreeee. Read novel so long ago so getting very happy to get my memory dusted.
Hua Cheng slayed, Xie Lian serves as always. Loved ending, so beautiful animation, opening is fine but first season's was better imo.
Oct 23, 2023 12:25 AM
Nov 2021
Reply to quercifolia
@SybilJesso

That, plus also having to cut out / censor any of the romantic elements (so far, there's not a lot at least...)
I pity the poor writer who has to chop it up into bits like that, but also admire them for managing to produce something so lovely regardless.

@quercifolia Totally haha also changing it to "I have a medical condition" . But I know they're working with what they got and under a lot of tricky circumstances.
Oct 24, 2023 12:31 AM
☆A-Qing's hair☆

Jun 2008
SybilJesso said:
@quercifolia Totally haha also changing it to "I have a medical condition" . But I know they're working with what they got and under a lot of tricky circumstances.

agreed lol though I think they still got the right spirit with that particular scene, just ended up being more 'tactfully' said I guess? heh

I'm just happy this can be produced and released at all. So many things seem to be delayed or in a permanent 'censorship hell' of never being released.

Oct 25, 2023 3:32 PM
Feb 2022
Love it. I was waiting for the new season
Oct 26, 2023 3:22 PM
Oct 2023
Does anyone know when or if an english dubbed version for season 2 will come out? I love to watch them and then listen to them at work.
Oct 30, 2023 10:08 AM
Feb 2021
FINALLYYYY 😩😩😩😩😩
Oct 30, 2023 10:08 AM
Feb 2021
lordgaara said:
PEAK IS UPON UUUUUUS

REALLL, GAARA SPITTING FAX
Nov 7, 2023 9:34 PM
Oct 2021
Appearance of Hua Cheng is just mind blowing...The camera angel is just perfect.. ufff.. may be I gonna fall for him again...
Mar 13, 3:13 PM
Mar 2022
SO ADDICTIVE I LOVE ITT!!! (literally finished the whole season 1 in one day despite having much to do and now watching the 2nd season xd)
Apr 10, 2:51 PM

May 2021
Wind master is a crossdresser lol
Inhales oxygen

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tian Guan Cifu Er Episode 12 Discussion

Xealias - Jan 17

33 by Muow »»
Today, 4:45 AM

Poll: » Tian Guan Cifu Er Episode 6 Discussion

otakuweek - Dec 6, 2023

27 by Muow »»
May 21, 3:34 AM

Poll: » Tian Guan Cifu Er Episode 2 Discussion

otakuweek - Oct 25, 2023

35 by Muow »»
May 17, 3:52 PM

Poll: » Tian Guan Cifu Er Episode 4 Discussion

otakuweek - Nov 8, 2023

27 by Tamima10 »»
May 14, 2:39 AM

Poll: » Tian Guan Cifu Er Episode 3 Discussion

otakuweek - Nov 1, 2023

16 by Tamima10 »»
May 13, 1:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.