Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 17, 2023 12:51 PM
Jan 2021
This movie almost felt like a regression from the previous season, especially with the main couples’ relationship. I get the premise, but it took 3/4 of the movie for the idea of getting rid of a social persona, I get that huge because of both of the MCs, but I don’t really like how they glossed over Ishigami. I know it’s probably going to get elaborated with the supposed S4, but it was just a weird rush, especially towards the end.

The needless drama that wasn’t really in previous seasons really didn’t fit too well in this current premise. Good movie, just a bit disappointed with the quality of writing for this. Liked the end message though. I just kinda hate how supporting characters are usually more interesting in romances rather than the MCs, I could be in the minority about that though.

Thoughts?
The right mindset when watching an anime is hoping that it will break your top 10
Oct 17, 2023 12:57 PM

Sep 2020
Yeah, season 3 ended with such a good climax, the movie felt a little lukewarm in comparison
Nino is the objectively superior one, don't @ me
Oct 17, 2023 1:00 PM
Sep 2019
If felt to be like a step away from the comedy and more into a difficult character development arc. It's more realistic and deepens Kaguya's character, but it didn't really fit with the previous tone imo
Oct 17, 2023 1:05 PM
Jun 2021
official_brown said:
This movie almost felt like a regression from the previous season, especially with the main couples’ relationship. I get the premise, but it took 3/4 of the movie for the idea of getting rid of a social persona, I get that huge because of both of the MCs, but I don’t really like how they glossed over Ishigami. I know it’s probably going to get elaborated with the supposed S4, but it was just a weird rush, especially towards the end.

The needless drama that wasn’t really in previous seasons really didn’t fit too well in this current premise. Good movie, just a bit disappointed with the quality of writing for this. Liked the end message though. I just kinda hate how supporting characters are usually more interesting in romances rather than the MCs, I could be in the minority about that though.

Thoughts?

The movie covered volume 15 of the manga. The stuff with ishigami is in a flash back in the 16th volume, it is coved just at a later date.
Oct 17, 2023 1:07 PM
Jan 2021
SparCy said:
official_brown said:

Thoughts?

The movie covered volume 15 of the manga. The stuff with ishigami is in a flash back in the 16th volume, it is coved just at a later date.

Cool cool, that’s what I was hearing. Ik S4 technically hasn’t been confirmed but has been leaked by a reliable source. I just think the way they sprinkled that in wasn’t the most tasteful to me. But I get it, the focus wasn’t on them.
The right mindset when watching an anime is hoping that it will break your top 10
Oct 17, 2023 1:10 PM

Oct 2023
it sucked though after season 3.
Oct 17, 2023 1:11 PM
Jul 2023
I actually really liked the movie.
I wasn't that happy with the ending of S3 and how the confesion happened and the movie fixed all the problems I had with it.
Oct 17, 2023 1:55 PM
Jan 2020
Person above me is how I feel. Could not have said it better
As Long as the Sun, the moon, and the Earth exist, everything will be alright.
Oct 17, 2023 2:14 PM
Jul 2023
official_brown said:

Thoughts?

I completely agree with you
Oct 17, 2023 3:25 PM
Nov 2020
Personally I agree in that I didn’t really enjoy the heightened drama and the glossing over of Ishigami and whatever his story was supposed to be during this arc. But I still think the movie was written incredibly well and kept the standard of quality that I’ve come to expect from this series. My issues with it (outside the Ishigami situation) are mainly down to my personal preference on what I like to see out of a series like this
Oct 17, 2023 3:48 PM
Apr 2023
official_brown said:
SparCy said:

Cool cool, that’s what I was hearing. Ik S4 technically hasn’t been confirmed but has been leaked by a reliable source. I just think the way they sprinkled that in wasn’t the most tasteful to me. But I get it, the focus wasn’t on them.

I'm accepted but not too much disappointment. Kaguya-sama wa Kokurosetai: First Kiss wa Owaranai is just focused about Shinomiya Kaguya and Shirogane Miyuki decision and how to make an official confession after ultra-romantic plan of Shirogane Miyuki. But I'm curious about another story of Ishigami Yuu, Koyasu Tsubame and Iino Miko in Christmas event.

I hope Aniplex and A-1 Pictures announced the next season as soon as possible, and lift the Ishigami Yuu's events.
zamanitasykOct 17, 2023 3:52 PM
Oct 17, 2023 3:52 PM
May 2021
yall are CRAZY if you didn't like this movie, idk about yall watching it right after s3, but i was all caught up with the series, left it alone for a while without knowing this movie was out
when i watched it, i was pleasantly surprised by the amount of character development that happened in it.
It was very warming to see their relationship grow and to see them overcoming a lot of inner challenges they had.
Oct 17, 2023 3:55 PM
Jan 2021
BigLadAli said:
yall are CRAZY if you didn't like this movie, idk about yall watching it right after s3, but i was all caught up with the series, left it alone for a while without knowing this movie was out
when i watched it, i was pleasantly surprised by the amount of character development that happened in it.
It was very warming to see their relationship grow and to see them overcoming a lot of inner challenges they had.

I never said it was bad, I enjoyed it. I just didn’t find it on par as S2 and S3. I’m glad they have character development, but I guess it’s just weird when the whole series mainly has been a build up/comedy. The melodrama was a little too much for the series imo. I still think it’s good regardless.
Oct 17, 2023 3:57 PM
May 2021
official_brown said:
BigLadAli said:

I never said it was bad, I enjoyed it. I just didn’t find it on par as S2 and S3. I’m glad they have character development, but I guess it’s just weird when the whole series mainly has been a build up/comedy. The melodrama was a little too much for the series imo. I still think it’s good regardless.

I don't mind the change of tone, it didnt change any core parts of the show. In fact, i think it's good that we saw some actual progression in the story other than 3 seasons of comedy and jokes.
Oct 17, 2023 4:33 PM
Sep 2019
I understand this perspective but for me the movie was maybe my favorite part yet. The Ice Kaguya stuff is of course very frustrating at points, but the payoff and development was well worth it for me. In the end it was the probably the most moving and romantic I've ever found this anime to be.
Oct 17, 2023 4:45 PM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Yeah I gave this an 8/10 compared to all the other seasons which were 9/10 imo
Oct 18, 2023 1:31 AM
Mar 2023
official_brown said:

Thoughts?

lol same thoughts 😂😂
Oct 18, 2023 7:26 AM

Aug 2020
official_brown said:

Thoughts?

I also felt like that when I saw it in theaters. I was a bit disappointed because of the ending they rushed it out. But it was still a good movie no doubt about it I enjoyed most of the movie than the manga.
Oct 18, 2023 8:24 AM

May 2022
it will only take more steps down from this point on...as a mangareader I can confirm that....🗿🗿
Oct 18, 2023 8:33 AM
Dec 2022
Rightttt I tooo was totally disappointed after an insanely good season
Oct 18, 2023 6:00 PM
Sep 2023
The season 3 was fantastic so as the movie. Probably, the reason why it is made a movie rather than being another arc on season (though no confirmation yet) is because how the story is far from the main topic. That's the main reason why Love is War is a perfect definition of ROMCOM anime, it is 90% romance and comedy, 10% for the serious topic making it far from boring.
Oct 21, 2023 7:23 AM

Oct 2019
I actually liked it as much as s3.

Ishigami is my favourite character from the show, but when it comes to a movie, keeping the plot more focused works a lot better. if ishigami did have a plot line here, I think going back to it in a s4 was the right choice.

And, I honestly can't see it as a regression.

These 2 characters have been at war for 3 seasons before the confession, of course they would still make the "result" more difficult to understand than it needs to be.

It had drama, but I wouldn't call it needless, since it both made us understand the characters even more, and even made for some fantastic development.

and needless to say, the comedy and production value were as top tier as ever.

I would say S3 was a 8-10/10 depending on the episode.

while this movie was a consistent 9 from start to finish.
Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Oct 21, 2023 7:29 AM

Oct 2019
Reply to Kvothe_1
it will only take more steps down from this point on...as a mangareader I can confirm that....🗿🗿
@Kvothe_1

I mean here's the thing...

even in s1, when the characters hadn't gotten their full depths, and it was by far the shows weakest part, it was still great.

love is war has just built on such a great core foundation.

at worst it will only be "a very good show"
Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Oct 21, 2023 8:01 AM
Jul 2023
Well, the movie skips chapters 152-158. Maybe this is the problem, hopefully a season 4 fixes all those problems the movie has, or an even better alternative: Read the manga if you don't like waiting.
Oct 22, 2023 3:03 AM
Apr 2020
I totally agree with you.
Oct 23, 2023 12:24 PM
Apr 2023
The ultra romantic season was definitely where the show hit its peak and judging by where the manga’s it’s probably going to be a decline going forward, but even though it’s arguably worse than ultra romantic it’s still just as good as season one maybe a little better IMO
Oct 23, 2023 12:25 PM

Aug 2021
I was hyped for the movie sadly it was not as much ;(
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 24, 2023 11:11 AM
Jun 2022
AOD-san said:
Yeah I gave this an 8/10 compared to all the other seasons which were 9/10 imo

my thoughts exactly, still good movie tho
Oct 24, 2023 2:51 PM
Mar 2020
This was the best Kaguya saga entry imo, bc it finally started to take the characters seriously. We haven’t seen any real character progress between the two mc’s (not them together, but them as just characters).

I found it so interesting, exploring whatever was in their mind. Them talking about their struggles, their envy, their facade. It felt like a breath of fresh air and it was something I was looking for in all the previous seasons, but we mostly got the comic relief episodic mind games between them which got boring really fast.

Tl;dr I liked that it actually focused solely on their characters and their persona and I like the fact the tone was more serious.

𝘚𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦𝘴 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘤𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘮𝘺 𝘦𝘺𝘦𝘴, 𝘐 𝘤𝘢𝘯’𝘵 𝘴𝘦𝘦.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Dec 7, 2023 4:55 AM
May 2020
I definitely have to agree. The forced drama is just…. out of place. IMO this movie was the weakest part kaguya sama has given us so far.
Dec 12, 2023 8:45 AM
Nov 2015
https://20th.aniplex.co.jp/

“ANIPLEX 20th Anniversary Event -THANX-” will be held on January 7, 2024!

4 season?
Jan 14, 1:22 PM

Apr 2013
Yeah I didn't feel the drama with ice Kaguya either, even though they kept it quite lighthearted. But season 3 ending was much better than the movie ending.
Apr 11, 12:02 AM
Nov 2022
I started reading the manga at around chapter 70 and I'm now in chapter 171... And I don't know what the fuck manga people are unhappy about. In my opinion, so far what happens after the christmas party is only good romance and drama. The comedy stays also funny even tho it is not omnipresent, because things gets more serious. Also I liked that the movie took a more serious turnover. While I enjoyed season 1, the more it drift away from the episodic bits and explore the characters, the more I enjoyed it.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: First Kiss wa Owaranai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Usopp8000 - Dec 18, 2022

219 by wibugar »»
May 10, 1:15 AM

» The episodes should get a seperate entry

Aryan-0_0 - Mar 31, 2023

7 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 27, 11:51 PM

» So is there gonna be any new season after this

Rnonsenseguy - Apr 2, 2023

19 by Zynnnsss »»
Apr 17, 9:49 AM

» A good end of the story but was it really?

BunnySenpaiii1 - Jan 22

24 by Lockensocke »»
Feb 24, 10:21 PM

» Ice Kaguya ruins character developement? (movie spoilers)

realfifi - Apr 8, 2023

35 by Gator »»
Jan 14, 1:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.