Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 8, 2023 1:30 AM

Jul 2017
It's time for the big gun and highlight of the Regular Concert: Antonio Dvorak's Symphony No. 9, From the New World.

With all expressions on the line, through its various Movements, everyone takes a reflection back at their lives and see how much they've changed just by being in the Orchestra Club, just hanging for a wee bit longer, especially for the 3rd-year students who've practiced so much for this very day.

For Hajime, looking back at his practices with his father, trying to time the melodies and whatnot, and even to the very day where Akine brought him back into playing the violin, it was all for thsi moment. And finally, at the 4th Movement where it's guns ablazing, Ayukawa has gruelled everyone, and especially to the Club's president Tateishi, she was the one who's the most troublesome, yet can deliver when she's told to. Especially to Hatori who's going to succeed Harada as the next concertmaster, jumping between 2 clubs in a devil-may-care attitude, he cannot afford to be half-hearted. Even for Tateishi, her 3 years of training, and do not regret every moment of a chance she has through the mistakes and suffering she's made.

Once the performance is over, tears were shed, compliments were given especially to the outgoing 3rd years, as Harada entrusts the Orchestra Club to Hajime and Saeki.

A mellow, but strong finish to this show, which if you've been following consistently for the last 6 months, I congratulate you on this musical journey. There's a need for Crunchyroll/Hidive (and others) to regret that they awfully missed out on licensing this show.

A good showing, all things considered, except for the rather mediocre animation.

Season 2 announced? Well, that was a surprise I was NOT expecting to see.

https://aooke-anime.com/news/2489728.html
KANLen09Oct 15, 2023 4:37 AM
Oct 8, 2023 9:22 AM

Sep 2016
Too melodramatic for my taste.
not gonna watch S2
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Oct 8, 2023 2:04 PM

Apr 2012
I liked previous ep buch better tbh, but okay, this one was good and i'm waiting for S2 for sure.
To err is human. To purr is feline (c)
Oct 8, 2023 3:07 PM
Jan 2021
Thank you for the Music!! Bravo!!
Oct 8, 2023 3:58 PM
Aug 2020
yeap, i won't repeat what i always say about the music part.

i wondering how the S2 will be...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Oct 8, 2023 5:59 PM

Jul 2021
Nice finale
This show would have way more appreciated if it had the blessing of Kyoto animation the storyline is better than Hibike
however that animation wasn't doing it any favors
Will watch S2
Oct 8, 2023 6:07 PM

Feb 2019
The best way to describe these last three episodes is “The sound of youth” these kids quite literally poured their hearts and souls into this performance and you could feel it in every note.

Loved Saeki and Tateshi’s flashback scenes. Tateshi was getting singled out so much in all those rehearsals. But it was clearly because of how much sensei believed in her and wanted her to succeed.

I like how they interwove flashbacks with the musical performance. It really added a lot of emotional weight to it and fleshed out some characters we didn’t get to spend much time with. For the third years in particular, they’ve been building up to this one performance for 3 years now.

I still feel like Akine got shafted down the stretch of the show sadly.

Aono breaking down there at the end was such a good scene. He’s been holding that in for a very long time.

The only issues I had with this concert are really the same I’ve had throughout the show. The CGI is really bad and jarring. If this show had Kyoani or A-1 or hell even a Doga Kobo behind it, it would’ve done so much better. The story, characters and premise are all excellent, just the production quality.

Without a doubt the most under appreciated show of the year though. Now that it’s got a second season confirmed, hopefully a licensor will pick it up!
Marinate1016Oct 8, 2023 6:24 PM
Oct 8, 2023 6:18 PM
Panzer Vor!

Jun 2014
This got me a bit emotional, overall a good anime, some troubles here and there (like plot and animation) but still good enough for me.
Oct 8, 2023 6:38 PM

Apr 2022
the flute sounded great as always, that's why it's one of my favorite instruments and also gave liz to aoi tori vibes. hopefully the next season has a visual upgrade though because this wasn't it.
Oct 8, 2023 7:46 PM
Mar 2015
They made it through the annual concert Welcome to Season 2
Oct 8, 2023 10:23 PM
Oct 2014
absolutely amazing finished to this wonderful hidden gem of the spring 2023 season , so good , 9/10 highly anticipating the 2nd season and hope it comes out soon but not soon enough cause the production was quite well and it was a pretty anime. I don't want it to be rushed
Oct 8, 2023 10:48 PM
May 2007
This was my Monday comfort watch for basically half of 2023. I'm going to miss the OP and the ED (already on my playlist). Can't wait for season 2(still shocked that it got announced). I was emotionally getting ready to say goodbye to this show today. Glad that's not the case.
Oct 9, 2023 3:21 AM
Sep 2015
No standing ovation?
Oct 9, 2023 7:42 AM
Sep 2021
Aono's, his friends, his senior's journey so far was portrayed well by the music and the visuals. These last few episodes went hard, but when considering overall as a season it felt a lot slow paced, too basic plot and sometimes the visuals were not good, but overall it was a satisfactory journey. Interested for more of it in S2
Oct 9, 2023 9:58 AM

May 2022
Damn what a good anime. I am not really into music anime but this one I really enjoyed. Some janky CGI aside in some scenes, I really liked the show. This definitely needs to get more recognition.
Will be watching S2.
π’Ÿπ‘œπ“ƒ'𝓉 𝓁𝑒𝓉 π’Άπ“ƒπ“Žπ‘œπ“ƒπ‘’ 𝒹𝒾𝒸𝓉𝒢𝓉𝑒 π“Žπ‘œπ“Šπ“‡ 𝐿𝒾𝒻𝑒.
Oct 9, 2023 10:21 AM

Mar 2012
Except for the CGI I loved everything else, looking forward to season 2
Oct 9, 2023 3:36 PM

Aug 2019
Although this character is not highlighted too much, I like how Tateishi is told briefly. Now I feel her struggle more with the way she let it all out in the previous episode especially to their teacher. In addition, I realized that the CGI in this episode has improved even though it's not too noticeable. I hope they continue to improve the animation in season 2.
Oct 9, 2023 10:47 PM

Nov 2013
The best episode in the series. The music was good and the imagery and story telling was at its peak.
Oct 9, 2023 11:20 PM
Feb 2020
This last episode adapts which chapters ?
Oct 10, 2023 3:53 AM
Aug 2021
Disappointing they again weren't bold enough to do the music without any talking. Everything they said could have been portrayed earlier on in the show.or in another way.

Also, disappointed that the father didn't show up in the end to watch. From everything we've seen I find it hard to belive that he wouldn't be there to see Aono play. Music is what united and bonded them. Perhaps he'll show up in the next season and we'll find out he was actually there but it'd have been nice to see him this season.
Oct 10, 2023 9:24 AM

Jun 2016
so so boring !!! the good part from this ending episode is only say goodbye to their senpai ...
Oct 10, 2023 11:12 AM

Aug 2017
While the production value was not the best it still didn't stop from being a good show. Pace is kinda on the slower side, but hey better than it being rushed. Can't wait for season 2 and hopefully Akine gets more focus. Or I will read the manga, but idk if it's already fully translated in English.
Oct 10, 2023 12:32 PM
Mar 2021
I kinda thought his father would be lurking in the back of the audience or something but great anime
Oct 11, 2023 2:16 AM

Oct 2017
Their final performance together was beautiful and everyone saying farewell to the senpais made me really emotional. I'll really miss them in the next season. Things won't be the same without them.

This felt like a decent anime and this could have been much better if they focused on the right elements and not waste it on Hajime, Saeki family drama for most part.

Animation was medicore to bad at times but I can tolerate that. Wasn't expecting great animation from it in the first place but the way they sideline most characters was horrible. Even Akine, Haru and Yamada who are supposed to be part of the main cast got sideline after a while and we rarely saw them, specially Yamada. Barely got any focus on the third years as well. Things would have been so much more impactful and meaningful if we got to know more about them.

The pacing was very slow at times, specially incase of the dramas in the middle of the series. For a 24 episode anime this could have accomplished much more with better pacing.

As for the good parts of the show, whenever it focused on music it was beautiful. Liked the little bits we got about the senpais as well. Not having much of Machi senpai is downright criminal.

Anyway even with all the complaining I had, still liked it quite a bit and s2 is announced so that's really nice. Looking forward to it whenever that is.
Oct 12, 2023 4:48 AM

Dec 2015
Great last episode. I'd have preferred more scenes after the concert ... with more dialogue. But since there is already a 2nd season confirmed this is okay - with the full episode for the concert again.

The scenes from Tateishi and Ayukawa-sensei were the best.
Oct 15, 2023 2:57 PM
Jul 2018
last 2 episodes are peak
Nov 6, 2023 2:35 PM
Mar 2021
Dec 23, 2023 9:52 AM
Nov 2020
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Dec 30, 2023 5:17 PM

Dec 2022
What a great performance and great finale to this season, many tears were shed this episode, not only by the characters. Really looking forward to season 2.
Mar 12, 4:43 PM
Mar 2014
So emotional, I cried lol

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao no Orchestra Episode 10 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jun 11, 2023

18 by Asanchan »»
Feb 8, 10:10 PM

Poll: » Ao no Orchestra Episode 23 Discussion

KANLen09 - Oct 1, 2023

18 by Mr_Fudgee »»
Dec 29, 2023 1:28 AM

Poll: » Ao no Orchestra Episode 22 Discussion

KANLen09 - Sep 24, 2023

10 by Mr_Fudgee »»
Dec 24, 2023 8:55 PM

Poll: » Ao no Orchestra Episode 21 Discussion

KANLen09 - Sep 17, 2023

15 by Mr_Fudgee »»
Dec 22, 2023 8:38 PM

Poll: » Ao no Orchestra Episode 20 Discussion

otakuweek - Sep 10, 2023

13 by Mr_Fudgee »»
Dec 18, 2023 9:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.