Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 23, 2023 12:32 PM

Mar 2013
There are many reasons, but basically the first season had an underdeveloped romance between the two leads due to excessive timeskips before rushing into the finale without any real proper buildup. Alfheim arc realizes its mistakes and has the "relationship" between Kirito and Sugha being actually developed, and contrary to popular opinion, Alfheim ends up being an objectively better written arc than Aincrad.

Unlike Asuna, Sugha is more than just a pretty face. Her relationship to Kirito was actually developed.

Objectively a better girl than Asuna.

For all the problems with Alfheim, I generally don't understand why Aincard gets so much praise when it is boring as shit, and Alfheim is considered the absolute black sheep by both people who dislike the series and people who are fans.
PeripheralVisionSep 23, 2023 12:35 PM
Sep 23, 2023 12:35 PM
Aug 2021
@official_brown
im talking about the plot of S1 and S2, and since they can be considered alone(basically i can consider them some side story) i can consider the character development of those two, and the author doesnt do a well job in making the characters interesting.

Mother's basement stated his opinioni, and many others agree with him, and he also provides good points on his video.

if to make a sequel(S2) where you can Say "fuck It" and make this kinda of shitty plot than the anime Is bad, It isnt "interesting" when characters could do some easiest thing with no consequence, It would make more sense if the killer was likes the son of the CEO of the game, so he could use the authority of the dad to Say to the goverment "i Will not give It for the privacy of (inserti character)"

Japan Is a Place where every bullshit can be famous, even adaptations of Junk Ito work(good manga) from Netflix that are bad but ppl still defend It

every anime if It isnt Interesting i could drop It at any time, this doesnt make me more stupid than others about the anime, i could Say that its bad from the POV of someone Who watched until a certain point, the same goes for SAO. i can Say its bad for S1 and S2.

if I ever Watch One Piece(i wont) and i drop It at episode 489, cant i talk about It because i didnt see the entire plot? do you understand how stupid this reason Is?

SAO isnt trying ti be Majestic or anything, but to make an anime set in a real world(or we could Say VR) we Need rules to be applied, why JJK Is so popular? because of fights, rules, and plot, JJK make sense in his verse, because he can use the rules to something believable. i didnt even talk about how Is SAO a sooo bad game design or how It can be considered a succes with only 40.000 users.
Sep 23, 2023 1:02 PM
Jan 2021
SuntProstMare said:
@official_brown
im talking about the plot of S1 and S2, and since they can be considered alone(basically i can consider them some side story) i can consider the character development of those two, and the author doesnt do a well job in making the characters interesting.

Mother's basement stated his opinioni, and many others agree with him, and he also provides good points on his video.

if to make a sequel(S2) where you can Say "fuck It" and make this kinda of shitty plot than the anime Is bad, It isnt "interesting" when characters could do some easiest thing with no consequence, It would make more sense if the killer was likes the son of the CEO of the game, so he could use the authority of the dad to Say to the goverment "i Will not give It for the privacy of (inserti character)"

Japan Is a Place where every bullshit can be famous, even adaptations of Junk Ito work(good manga) from Netflix that are bad but ppl still defend It

every anime if It isnt Interesting i could drop It at any time, this doesnt make me more stupid than others about the anime, i could Say that its bad from the POV of someone Who watched until a certain point, the same goes for SAO. i can Say its bad for S1 and S2.

if I ever Watch One Piece(i wont) and i drop It at episode 489, cant i talk about It because i didnt see the entire plot? do you understand how stupid this reason Is?

SAO isnt trying ti be Majestic or anything, but to make an anime set in a real world(or we could Say VR) we Need rules to be applied, why JJK Is so popular? because of fights, rules, and plot, JJK make sense in his verse, because he can use the rules to something believable. i didnt even talk about how Is SAO a sooo bad game design or how It can be considered a succes with only 40.000 users.

I don’t think SAO S1 and S2 can be broken up. The stories build upon each other. The characters also build upon each other.

Also, with what mothers basement is his opinion, it doesn’t necessarily portray that his points are better than the anime. And I disagree actually. The killer in S2 was laughing coffin, which is the main antag of the series. You had people basically being able to enact “The Purge” without any consequences for 2 1/2 in SAO, so it makes sense that some deranged guy was a killer. Even the antag of S1P2 made sense because he was the head of the R&D department of the VR company. Basically all antag, except for laughing coffin members, wanted to be a god in their own world, which is why SAO was created and why Sugu was the antag for S1P2. All the bad guys make sense.

With the Junji Ito thing, yeah, some people defend it, most people don’t. Most people hate it because it’s a poor adaptation, SAO isn’t under that scrutiny, so it’s incomparable.

With the OP comment, yes/no. For instance, if a major plot point was in episode 600 that could explain a lot of the story, then no, you can’t talk about whether the story is completely cohesive. You could have some weight in the argument, but not really, you can’t have a complete opinion of a media unless you finish it. Because central plot points are usually explained at the end.

I actually don’t agree with your “rules” opinion, at all. I don’t see why SAO in the real world doesn’t follow its own rules? Unless you give an example of it I don’t think I understand.

Also, of course it’s a bad game design. That’s the point of SAO. The dude just wanted to be a god, he didn’t care if classic RPG rules applied.
The right mindset when watching an anime is hoping that it will break your top 10
Sep 23, 2023 1:04 PM
Jun 2022
official_brown said:
ANR23 said:
Ahh here we go again. You are a newbie right? No wonder. No hate but understandable that you think so.

I mean come on this show is plagued with flaws.
Trash writing, no plot, poor characters, poor handling of sensitive topics, pretending to be a serious show when it's a just a fan service show for escapists.

The problem is how badly this show is written. No direction, self contradicting, mc is ass, tons of exposition with no sense. The show establishes 1 thing and proceeds to destroy it within the next 4 eps by doing something totally opposite.

I agree the fights, music and animation are good but that's all. If you want mi dress Action and tasteless drama top show but it's nothing more than that. Just a mid show.

The problem is how hype its fanbase give it, most of them being new fans like you who haven't consumed enough of the actually good and great stuff.

You will know when you see a well written story.

Check out 'Mother's Basement' videos on SAO and you will understand what I am trying to say. Great essayist he is.

It's an ok show. But as you explore more and more, you might see the problems with this train wreck of a show.

Every person legit can’t think of their own opinions, everyone one has to resort to Mother’s Basement because they can’t argue for themselves. Don’t trash on him for being a newbie, a lot of people would consider you one too.

I didn't trash on him dude wth?
And I suggested the YT vid coz he explains better than me coz that's his profession.
I saw SAO and rated it long before I knew Jeff.
He just managed to put it better in words what I always felt so I always suggest him Big fan of his work.

And dude come on I didn't trash on the guy here. I was as gentle and respectful as possible come on.
I wasn't like you are newbie so you don't know jack. I just suggested that as he explores more he will understand.

And I'm pretty sure I am not a newbie. (maybe check profile?)

Chill kid. No hate..
Sep 23, 2023 1:05 PM
Jan 2021
ANR23 said:
official_brown said:

Every person legit can’t think of their own opinions, everyone one has to resort to Mother’s Basement because they can’t argue for themselves. Don’t trash on him for being a newbie, a lot of people would consider you one too.

I didn't trash on him dude wth?
And I suggested the YT vid coz he explains better than me coz that's his profession.
I saw SAO and rated it long before I knew Jeff.
He just managed to put it better in words what I always felt so I always suggest him Big fan of his work.

And dude come on I didn't trash on the guy here. I was as gentle and respectful as possible come on.
I wasn't like you are newbie so you don't know jack. I just suggested that as he explores more he will understand.

And I'm pretty sure I am not a newbie. (maybe check profile?)

Chill kid. No hate..

You’re right. But still, he makes pretty bad points. But yeah 200 isn’t a lot, so I did check.
The right mindset when watching an anime is hoping that it will break your top 10
Sep 23, 2023 1:06 PM
Aug 2021
official_brown said:
SuntProstMare said:
@official_brown

I don’t think SAO S1 and S2 can be broken up. The stories build upon each other. The characters also build upon each other.

Also, with what mothers basement is his opinion, it doesn’t necessarily portray that his points are better than the anime. And I disagree actually. The killer in S2 was laughing coffin, which is the main antag of the series. You had people basically being able to enact “The Purge” without any consequences for 2 1/2 in SAO, so it makes sense that some deranged guy was a killer. Even the antag of S1P2 made sense because he was the head of the R&D department of the VR company. Basically all antag, except for laughing coffin members, wanted to be a god in their own world, which is why SAO was created and why Sugu was the antag for S1P2. All the bad guys make sense.

With the Junji Ito thing, yeah, some people defend it, most people don’t. Most people hate it because it’s a poor adaptation, SAO isn’t under that scrutiny, so it’s incomparable.

With the OP comment, yes/no. For instance, if a major plot point was in episode 600 that could explain a lot of the story, then no, you can’t talk about whether the story is completely cohesive. You could have some weight in the argument, but not really, you can’t have a complete opinion of a media unless you finish it. Because central plot points are usually explained at the end.

I actually don’t agree with your “rules” opinion, at all. I don’t see why SAO in the real world doesn’t follow its own rules? Unless you give an example of it I don’t think I understand.

Also, of course it’s a bad game design. That’s the point of SAO. The dude just wanted to be a god, he didn’t care if classic RPG rules applied.

Since SAO doesnt provide rules we can consider It in the real world, only different Is the fact that It have VR High quality game, so yeah, It have rules of real Life since It doesnt show some singularity
Sep 23, 2023 1:18 PM
Jan 2021
SuntProstMare said:
official_brown said:

Since SAO doesnt provide rules we can consider It in the real world, only different Is the fact that It have VR High quality game, so yeah, It have rules of real Life since It doesnt show some singularity

I have no clue what you’re talking about. It’s setting is a futuristic modern day, many tv shows do that.
Sep 23, 2023 1:26 PM
Community Mod
Undead

Mar 2022
Thread locked for breaking the Anime Discussion Guidelines:
2. Please refrain from creating threads that do not encourage meaningful and/or civil discussion. Examples include:
[...]
g. categorizing generalized opinions as popular/unpopular
e.g. Why does everyone like/hate ___, Why is studio ___ so hated, Post your unpopular opinion about ___, etc.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

72 by katnissmaezie »»
Yesterday, 1:05 AM

» What even is SAO anymore? ( 1 2 )

Jason-Skyrunner - Apr 27

53 by soli1239 »»
May 6, 8:27 PM

» We need a reboot

Superninjaboy2 - Mar 15

32 by Jason-Skyrunner »»
May 1, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 8, 2012

480 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2012

680 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 2:32 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.